- Item #: i_378920Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Aromatic pastry dough, crème de cassis, apple blossom and graphite notes are well-meshed in this elegant Champagne. The delicate mousse swathes the finely wrought acidic frame in a creamy texture, carrying accents of chalky mineral and lemon pith on the lingering finish."
- Item #: i_326720Bottle Size: 750MLA selection of older-vine fruit, 70% Pinot Noir and 30% Chardonnay, from the villages of Ambonnay, Verzenay and Bouzy.
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS-"“The latest release of the NV Brut Grand Cru (which will no longer be known as "Tradition") was disgorged in June with three grams per liter dosage and is based on the 2014 vintage, complemented by reserve wines from 2013, 2012 and 2011. Opening in the glass with aromas of warm bread, fresh peach, green apples and dried white flowers, it's medium to full-bodied, elegantly textural and layered, with refined structuring extract, a bright spine of acidity and excellent concentration, concluding with a long and precise finish. This cuvée amounts to some 50,000 bottles, effectively half the domaine's production, and it remains one of Champagne's finest values.”
- Item #: i_325701Bottle Size: 750MLThe Forest-Marie Vintage 2008 is made up of a 50/50 blend of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. This comes entirely from two south facing parcels Chaillots & Mont des Chrétiens of calcareous soils that have an average vine age of 67-80 years. The grapes were hand harvested and fermented in stainless steel for 20-30 days with spontaneous and cultured yeasts, malolactic was allowed to happen. After fermentation was finished, the wine was aged for 8 months with 29 mg/L of sulfur before being bottled under crown cap on March 23, 2009. This bottle was disgorged to order on August 1, 2019 and finished with a dosage of 6.85 grams per liter.
- Item #: i_374848Bottle Size: 750mlThis wonderful, 100% Pinot Meunier rosé checks all the boxes: vibrantly aromatic, deeply flavored, decadently long. Like with his Extra Brut, winemaker Francis Orban adds 50% reserve wine to this lovely rose-colored Champagne (plus still red Pinot Meunier wine for color) for added depth and complexity. If you haven’t yet fallen in love with Pinot Meunier, this sultry bottle will have you head over heels.
- Item #: i_373622Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS-"Officially non-vintaged, the recent issue of the NV Extra Brut Entre Ciel et Terre (2010) blends 60% Pinot Noir with 40% Pinot Meunier, predominantly from the 2010 harvest. The wine spent five years on the second lees and was disgorged in March 2017 (Lot EX100317). The bouquet is clear, fine and fresh in its stunningly fruity aromas of mirabelles. Filigreed, finessed and elegant on the palate, this is a lean, pure and stimulatingly dry yet mouth-filling cuvée with a more airy rather than earthy character. The finish is dry, firm, yeasty and full of character, but it is perhaps a bit too austere for some of our readers at the moment. In any case, it's a lovely gastronomic Champagne with a distinctive character. Tasted in May 2018."
- Item #: i_321800Bottle Size: 750mlChampagne Frerejean Freres has only been around since 2005 but they are anything but newcomers to Champagne. The house is run by three brothers (Guillaume, Richard and Rodolphe Frerejean-Taittinger) who are part of the Taittinger Grande Marque family. Their boutique operation is based in Avise, in the Côte des Blancs, and all of their Champagnes made exclusively from Premier or Grand Cu grapes. They age all their Champagnes for a minimum of 5 years on the yeast to add richness and complexity to their non-malolactic bases wines. This bottling is based on the excellent 2013 harvest blended with 50% reserve wines from 2010, 2011, and 2012. Fruit sourcing is mainly from the Grand Cru villages of Cramant and Advise along with some Premier Cru juice from Grauves. Dosage is a monderate 7.5 g/l.
- Item #: i_347642Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 91WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "Chalky on the nose, this clean-cut Champagne is creamy in texture and elegant, offering a subtle mesh of biscuit, green pear, ground ginger and lemon zest notes. A fine aperitif, with a racy finish."
Breaking with convention Grand Cordon has no front label : The G.H. Mumm signature and eagle emblem are printed in gold directly on the glass. Another striking feature of the design is its shape, which necessitated a whole series of innovations to the traditional champagne production process.
The most eye-catching feature of the Mumm Grand Cordon bottle is its reinterpretation of the famous Cordon Rouge red sash, transformed into a genuine red ribbon, which – in a feat of technology – is actually indented in the glass.
- Item #: i_378335Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "The latest rendition of the NV Brut Tradition is excellent, unfurling in the glass with aromas of mandarin, apple, freshly baked bread and white flowers. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, broad and fleshy, with tangy acids, a fine mousse and a generous but vibrant core of fruit. It’s an expressive, giving Champagne that will offer a broad drinking window—and it’s also a great value.”
- Item #: i_375831Bottle Size: 750mlPETER LEIM ONE STAR-"This is the first release of a new cuvée: 40 percent of it is 2015 Meunier from the village of Chambrecy, while the rest is Cumières Meunier with a little Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, from 2014, 2013 and 2011. It’s broad and earthy, with a generous build and a pronounced signature of heavy clay soils. There’s a hint of oak, as a portion of this was fermented and aged in new barrels, but overall this is forward in its fruitiness and more precociously accessible than Laval’s Cumières blend. Last tasted: 5/17."
- Item #: i_377663Bottle Size: 750mlANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "Gosset's 2004 Extra Brut Celebris is a powerful, bracing wine. Pinot Noir-infused red stone fruits, dried leaves, mint, herbs and spice notes, along with the low dosage, give the wine its distinctive combination of power, breadth and raciness. The 2004 needs a bit of time for the bouquet to open up, but when they do, the wine is quite expressive. Now 12 years after the vintage, the 2004 Celebris offers a good bit of aromatic and flavor intensity, with the slightly mature notes that are typical for a wine of this age. Chamomile, honey and lightly roasted almond are some of the nuances that linger through to the creamy, expansive finish..." (12/16) Established in 1584, Gosset lays claim to be the oldest wine house in Champagne. Thanks to Jean-Pierre Mareigner, its masterful chef de cave of 32 years, the Gosset style of no malo, crystalline structure and profound longevity remains as intact as ever. This 2004 “Celebris” is another of his masterpieces that is just now hitting full stride.
- Item #: i_330840Bottle Size: 750MLJOHN GILMAN 93+ POINTS-I really love the Pinot Meunier component in Gosset’s Grande Réserve bottling, which is once again fifteen percent in the current release. This wine was aged for five years on the lees and is a blend of 2008, 2007 and 2006 vintages and was disgorged in July of 2012. The nose is absolutely superb on this iconic bottling, offering up scents of apple, fresh-baked bread, orange zest, a beautifully complex base of soil tones and a gently smoky topnote. On the palate the wine is deep, full-bodied, crisp and complex, with lovely focus and balance, excellent mousse, zesty acids and outstanding length and grip on the pure and toasty finish. A fine, fine bottle of bubbly."
- Item #: i_317706Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90PETER LEIM 2 STARS -"This is 82 percent Pinot Noir from Mareuil, Avenay Val d’Or, Bisseuil and Hautvillers, blended with 18 percent Mareuil chardonnay. Over half of the blend (53 percent) is reserve wine from 2013 and 2012, and with a trio of vintages like this, it’s no surprise that this is one of the finest editions of this cuvée that Hébrart has ever produced. Generous in body yet streamlined in shape, it’s marked by a silky texture and vibrant depth of fruit, offering both a strong Grande Vallée identity and sheer delicious appeal." Last tasted: 3/17
Importer Terry calls this THE unsung hero of his portfolio.
- Item #: i_303506Bottle Size: 750MLWINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS-"There's a rich undertow of roasted almond and toasted brioche notes supporting the generous profile of Asian pear, white cherry, orchard blossom and fresh ginger in this mouthwatering rosé. Dry and focused, with seamless integration and fine length. Disgorged January 2015. Drink now through 2020. 400 cases made."(11/16)
This the same cuvee that we sold under the Godmé Pere et Fils label. Hugues Godme and his business partner sister have gone their own ways and the estate is now known as Hugues Godmé.
- Item #: i_335640Bottle Size: 750mlNot technically a "grower-producer," everything Huré Frères does-from philosophy to farming to production-reflects a grower mentality. The operation was formed over a half-century ago by Jeanne and Georges Huré, who later handed it off to their three sons, and Huré Frères was officially born. Brothers Jean-Marie, Marc and Raoul successfully ran and expanded the business from 1971 until 2008, when Raoul's wine-educated and world-traveled sons, François and Pierre, took the helm. They are lovers of biodynamic principles and mirror a Burgundian mindset that you're guaranteed to notice in their bottlings. The firm's "introductory" Champagne abounds with appetizing aromas and flavors of cherries, plums and toasted bread that represent a cordial invitation to dinning pleasure and conviviality. It is a pleasing mix of 15% Chardonnay, 35% Pinot Noir, and 50% Pinot Meunier based on the 2013 harvest blended with approximately 30% of reserve wines from previous vintages. It was aged up to 36 months on the lees before being finished with a dosage of 8 grams/liter.
- Item #: i_377016Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 91 PointsWINE ENTHUSIAST 91 POINTS - "This cuvée is based on the 2014 vintage, with 40% reserve wine added for richness and maturity. It delivers intense red fruit along with equally intense acidity. With the dry crispness that's a hallmark of the producer, it's balanced, and bright, with a mineral texture."
- Item #: i_335710Bottle Size: 750mlMemoire is blended using the solera method, comprising 30 reserve vintage (1982-2012) wines and with a year's maturation in oak barrel. This ultimate Champagne cuvee gives testimony to the years of family 'savoir faire'. A true snapshot of the domain, this cuvee is blended from all of our 'terroirs', with each variety present in the percentage that it is grown. 10% Chardonnay (Montagne de Reims and Vitryat), 45% Pinot Meunier (Monagne de Reims, Vallee de l'Ardre), and 45% Pinot Noir Montagne, Vellee de Ardre). It was disgorged in december 2016 and finished with a dosage of just 2 grams.
- Item #: i_374559Bottle Size: 750mlA blend of 50% Chardonnay, 40% Meunier,this wine has an unusually fine mousse and terrific elegance, fruit and stony salinity. This is Sélèque’s flagship wine, representing nearly half of the total house production.
- Item #: i_377922Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 92The latest release of the Lassalles’ tête de cuvée marries the power and drive of the vintage with a velvety texture acquired from a seven-year élevage. This blend of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay is a Champagne of luxury, from its decadent golden tinge to the fine, persistent bead that playfully caresses the palate. Uncorking this euphoric elixir will guarantee a ceremoniously delicious occasion. —Anthony Lynch
- Item #: i_378212Bottle Size: 750mlEdouard Labuyère, who owns an estate in Moulin-a-Vent, Château Rouget in Pomerol and is the majority shareholder in Domaine Jacques Prieur in Meursault, acquired two small estates in the Montagne de Reims Grand Cru town of Verzenay between 2010 and 2012. Both producers had previously sold the grapes from their grand cru sites to Dom Pérignon.
JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS-"Some quite chalky, stony aromas framed in bright red berries, this has impressive, fragrant appeal. The texture is super smooth, supple and even. Bright, strawberry and mineral finish. Drink now." (09/18)
- Item #: i_378213Bottle Size: 750mlJAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS-A pinot-dominant blend (70 per cent) that has a flavorsome array of berries and brioche on the nose with light, spicy nuances, too. The palate has attractive, vinous, fleshy presence, some chalky oyster-shell notes and a crisp, dry, succulent finish. Drink now." (09/18)