- Item #: i_350628Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 91BURGHOUND 96 POINTS: "Sweet Spot! Outstanding!"An overtly smoky nose features exotically spiced aromas of tea, pear, apple and acacia blossom. The beautifully detailed, stony and delicious flavors possess a highly sophisticated mouth feel before concluding in a beautifully persistent finish. A classic Genevrières of style and grace."
- Item #: i_351775Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 97 POINTS:"This is quite discreet with only barely perceptible cool citrusy wisps of ripe pear, white peach and apricot aromas that also exude a hint of mandarin orange. The borderline massive flavors are enormously powerful yet focused and despite the size, weight and punch, the finish is almost delicate. A built-to-age Montrachet that remains light on its feet. In a word, wow."
- Item #: i_351184Bottle Size: 750mlThe negiciant house Maison Leroy was founded by Francois Leroy in the small village of Auxey-Duresses in 1868. Henri Leroy joined the business in 1919 and when daughter Lalou Bize-Leroy took over her father's negociant business in 1964, she became one of the first women to head an important firm in Burgundy. As well as an unwavering devotee of biodynamism, Bize-Leroy is a passionate believer in low yields. Leroy is known for wines with incredible density and intensity of fruit. This basic Bourgogne Blanc offers a level of fruit intensity and extraction that is uncommon for white Burgundy. Meticulous in its integration of oak to the texture, there's lots of ripe fruit, long-lasting flavors and a fine, laser-sharp finish.
- Item #: i_353235Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Vinous Media: 92 PointsDecanter: 92 PointsWINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2016 Saint-Aubin 1er Cru En Remilly is showing very well from bottle, offering up notes of green orchard fruit, iodine, citrus oil and crushed chalk. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, tensile and concentrated, with bright acids, a deep core of crisp fruit and a chalky finish. It's an impeccable En Remilly from Damien Colin that I wouldn't hesitate to purchase for my own cellar."
- Item #: i_352990Bottle Size: 750mlThe Fontaine-Saint-Martin vineyard is named for an ancient Cistercian abbey nearby dating to 1127. The hillside of vines has been in production for centuries, and tended by Michel and his father before him for the last 40 years. The Fontaine Saint Martin is indeed special — its soil is the same mix of marl, clay, and limestone found on the Hill of Corton. The wine may not match the richness or longevity of a Corton-Charlemagne, but it’s smooth floral quality will call to mind the famous Grand Cru.
- Item #: i_351468Bottle Size: 750mlAlthough not certified organic the Domaine never use any fertiliser or pesticides and all the vines are ploughed to control weeds and to air the soil. Vinification is traditional and the harvest is done by hand. The grapes are sorted in the vines and back at the Domaine before going into vats. The wine is aged in oak barrels between 15 and 18 months, sometimes more if the vintage demands it. New oak is used very sparingly, though there are no hard & fast rules as to percentages of new or old barrels, the vintage decides. What is clear, t though, is that in no way do the Domaine want the oak to mask the character of the wine. Bottling is done at the Domaine without any filtration. The wines, even at Bourgogne level, are incredibly intense, taut and powerful, they are definitely the more mineral side of the Meursault spectrum. The flinty, powerful Meursaults rank among the very top wines of the commune.
- Item #: i_334112Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94Wine Spectator: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Wafting from the glass with aromas of buttered orchard fruit, ripe lemons and blanched almonds, the 2016 Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru is full-bodied, deep and concentrated, with a broad-shouldered, powerful profile, chewy structuring dry extract and racy acids, concluding with a long and penetrating finish. This is a very persuasive wine from Girardin."
WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "A powerful yet reserved white, exhibiting spice-tinged peach, apple and lemon flavors, with a stony undertow. The vibrant structure keeps this focused, while the finish is long, evoking peach, mineral and spice notes. Mouthwatering."