- Item #: i_352485Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96-98Jeb Dunnuck: 99JEB DUNNUCK 96-99 POINTS - "Moving to the 2018 Châteauneuf Du Pape Collection Charles Giraud, it checks in as 60% Grenache and 40% Mourvèdre brought up in demi-muids. It’s a more structured wine than the Reserve Auguste Favier and boasts killer notes of ground pepper, graphite, spice box, and blackberries. With a huge core of sweet fruit, a layered, seamless texture, full body, and more concentration and depth than most in the vintage, it’s up with the top 2-3 wines out there in 2018."
WINE ADVOCATE 96-98 POINTS - "The 2018 Chateauneuf du Pape Collection Charles Giraud is the usual blend of approximately 60% Grenache and 40% Mourvèdre. It's dark and rich, with flavors of black cherries and plums joined by hints of tree bark and perhaps even a bit of mushroom. Full-bodied and velvety, it's powerful, concentrated and long on the finish, folding in subtle chocolate notes."
- Item #: i_350517Bottle Size: 1.5LOne of the iconic producers in Bandol. This chewy, fragrant cuvee has tons of character. Imported by Kermit Lynch. Organic. When Lucie Lulu Tempier married Lucien Peyraud in 1936, her father gave them Domaine Tempier, an active farm that had been in the family since 1834, near Le Plan du Castellet, just outside the Mediterranean seaport village of Bandol.
- Item #: i_353793Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 98Wine Spectator: 96Vinous Media: 94Jeb Dunnuck: 98JEB DUNNUCK 98 POINTS - "A wine that’s expensive, as well as hard to find in the market, the 2012 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Réserve is certainly one of the wines of the vintage. Coming from very old vines planted in the sandy soils in the northern part of the appellation, aged all in foudre, its deep purple color is followed by incredible notes of blueberries, black licorice, ground pepper, and spring flowers. Layered, complex, full-bodied, and just pure silky on the palate, this incredible wine from Jean-Paul Daumen will benefit from anther few years in the cellar and keep for 10-15+."
WINE ADVOCATE 98 POINTS - "The awesome 2012 Châteauneuf du Pape Reserve is at the top of the heap in the vintage, and is world-class stuff. Sharing lots of similarities to the Les Trois Sources (they come from similar terroirs), it has another level of concentration and density, with incredible liquid rock, blueberry, violets, licorice and bouquet garni-like aromas and flavors. A rock star on the palate, it has full-bodied power, perfect balance, a seamless, elegant texture and blockbuster mid-palate depth. Coming from 100-year-old Grenache vines and pure sand soils, it’s a tour de force that will have two-plus decades of life."
WINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS - "Packed in tight, with fig, boysenberry and blackberry confiture notes bursting with youthful energy, harnessed by graphite, tar and ganache elements. Reveals a terrific bolt of anise through the finish, showing echoes of juniper and violet. There's superb range and depth here. This will take some cellaring to unwind fully. Best from 2019 through 2035. 30 cases imported"
- Item #: i_353789Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97-100Wine Spectator: 97Vinous Media: 93-95Jeb Dunnuck: 98JEB DUNNUCK 98 POINTS - "Lastly, the 2015 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Reserve it unquestionably one of the wines of the vintage. Offering incredible spice, violets, roasted meats, black licorice, cassis and incense, this full-bodied beauty is as ethereal and elegant as they come, yet packs huge amounts of intensity, depth, and length in its perfectly balanced personality. Possessing ultra-fine tannin, a layered mid-palate and a great finish, it’s surprisingly already accessible but will cruise for two decades given its balance and purity. I can’t think of another vintage from Jean-Paul that shows this style of elegance and finesse."
WINE ADVOCATE 97-100 POINTS - "Tasting just like the Les Trois Source (they come from the same terroir), yet with just another level of polish and purity to its tannin and fruit, the sensational 2015 Châteauneuf du Pape Reserve offers layers of black raspberries, blueberries, crushed violets and black licorice. Thick, unctuous, layered and multi-dimensional, it’s a hard (and expensive) bottle to find, but is certainly one of the most singular and impressive wines made in the world."
WINE SPECTATOR 97 POINTS - "This is well-packed and intense, with a wide range of blueberry, blackberry, boysenberry and raspberry pâte de fruit notes laced with anise, black tea and singed mesquite details. Despite the density, this is remarkably refined, with graphite and chalky minerality deftly stitched throughout. Very long. Best from 2020 through 2045. 200 cases made, 50 cases imported."
- Item #: i_353792Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 97Jeb Dunnuck: 100JEB DUNNUCK 100 POINTS - "A modern-day legend in the making is the 2016 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Reserve from Jean-Paul Daumen, one of the greatest young wines I’ve ever tasted. This Grenache-dominated effort was brought up all in foudre and tastes like the essence of this incredible terroir located on the northern edge of Châteauneuf-du-Pape. Deep purple-colored, with an intoxicating bouquet of black raspberries, crushed herbs, black licorice, spring flowers, and spice, it hits the palate with full-bodied richness, a deep, multi-dimensional texture, a huge mid-palate, and a finish that goes on for over a minute. Not far off the style of the Les Trois Sources, yet with another level of concentration, it has a certain accessibility yet won’t be at its best for another 4-5 years, but it will keep for another two decades or more."
WINE SPECTATOR 97 POINTS - "Intense, featuring warmed fig, blackberry and black currant compote flavors that spill forth, harnessed just in time by licorice snap, worn leather and roasted alder accents. Garrigue elements are inlaid throughout. Shows power and depth, with cut and drive to match. Very serious. Grenache, Syrah and Mourvèdre. Best from 2022 through 2040. 250 cases made, 50 cases imported."
- Item #: i_353791Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 97Jeb Dunnuck: 100JEB DUNNUCK 100 POINTS - "My wine of the vintage is the 2017 Châteauneuf Du Pape Reserve, which is in the same league as the other greats from this estate including the 2001, 2003, 2005, 2010, and 2016. Revealing a deep purple color as well as a massive bouquet of crème de cassis, violets, graphite, black licorice, and hints of pepper garrigue, it hits the palate with a massive array of fruit, full-bodied richness, no hard edges, and enough sweet tannins to warrant another 5-7 years of bottle age. Based all on very old vine Grenache from sandy soils just across the street from the domaine (the Trois Source has a large portion of its blend from a similar terroir), brought up all in foudre, it’s a singular, heavenly wine from Jean-Paul Daumen that’s going to go down as one of the greats from Châteauneuf du Pape."
WINE SPECTATOR 97 POINTS - "