- Item #: i_353486Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Unwinding in the glass with scents of citrus oil, pear, warm bread, nutmeg and a subtle touch of reduction, the 2018 Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Morgeot is medium to full-bodied, textural and enveloping, with chalky structuring extract and racy acids, displaying real texture and mid-palate volume."
- Item #: i_351604Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94James Suckling: 94JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "Attractive yellow citrus, lemons and very chalky oyster shell minerals. White peaches and dried flowers too. The palate has a super fine acidity. Elegant, long and very mineral. This has real tension and energy. Drink or hold."
WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "A bottling that regularly excels chez Dauvissat, the 2017 Chablis 1er Cru Séchet opens in the glass with delicate aromas of citrus peel, grapefruit, crisp green apples and white flowers, with only subtle hints of the oyster shell to come. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, satiny and concentrated, with a deep and tight-knit core, striking tension and a searingly mineral finish. Séchet—where Dauvissat owns a 0.8-hectare parcel—is located in the Vaillons Valley, but its windier situation and soils richer in active limestone mean it's typically much chalkier and more tensile than the other climats that make up Vaillons."
- Item #: i_333368Bottle Size: 750MLDecanter: 97DECANTER 97 POINTS - "Priced at the same level as Les Clos – and rightly so given its incredible quality – this comes from a 1ha parcel next to La Moutonne that was planted in 1970. It has chiselled, sappy notes of lime and wet stones, with a bone dry finish, subtle oak and a briney, sea-breeze intensity that leave the palate refreshed and satisfied. Not easy to carry off in a vintage like 2018. The Les Clos Grand Cru scored 96 and the Séchet 1er Cru scored 94."
- Item #: i_351598Bottle Size: 750mlThe vineyards are farmed organically. The only thing David Croix doesn’t like in 2016 is the lack of volume. He was full of praise for the quality of the vintage, explaining that the grapes were very healthy at harvest despite the difficult season, and said the aromas in the winery during fermentation were glorious. He describes the wines as “harmonious, with nothing that is out of balance”. No Bourgogne was made this year, there are tiny volumes of village wines and several of the Beaune Premiers Crus have been blended to make a single wine. In fact, only Corton-Charlemagne has achieved anything like a normal yield. This has delicious red fruit and almost endless strawberry and juicy cherry flavours- although this is not a massive wine. The 60-year-old vines are planted on shallow topsoil with lots of iron oxide which gives the dense tannic structure.
- Item #: i_334239Bottle Size: 750MLBURGHOUND 89-91 POINTS: "A hint of pain grillé is discernible on the more refined nose that displays essence of pear, citrus and white floral aromas. The refinement exhibited by the nose continues onto the textured and attractively intense medium-bodied flavors that possess a discreet minerality on the balanced, delicious and lingering finish. This is really quite good and worth a look."
- Item #: i_350357Bottle Size: 750ml2017 was an incredibly successful vintage in Meursault, reaching the heights of the best vintages of the last decade. In fact the Wine Advocate and Vinous have rated the 2017 White Burgundy vintage overall just one point shy of the epic and uber-popular 2014 vintage.
John Gilman declares, "The white wines have the cut, energy and mineral drive of the very best white wines of the vintage... The overall lineup of 2017s from Dominique Lafon is simply outstanding in this vintage and no one is going to be disappointed with any bottle that they are lucky enough to come across in the market."
- Item #: i_351992Bottle Size: 750mlThe vines are cultivated using non-certified organic methods
By ageing with just 20% in new barrels, and the rest in barrels that have held one, two or three wines, we preserve the unique character of the terroir. This is a Premier Cru with a nose of mimosa honey, Turkish Delight, followed by flowers, carnation-lilac-violet, bergamot-nutmeg spice… a mouthfeel of poached white fruits, grilled hazelnuts, white chocolate, sappy, sensual, an intense finish, long in the mouth.
- Item #: i_351266Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "A rich style, with lemon cake, apple and sweet spice flavors buoyed by vivid acidity. There is concentration and intensity midpalate, and the finish lingers, concluding on a mineral note. Drink now through 2024. 50 cases imported."
BURGHOUND 92 POINTS - "This is also quite reduced and unreadable. Otherwise there is fine richness to the seductively textured and caressing middle weight flavors that display more obvious minerality on the mildly austere, bone dry and focused finale where a hint of wood surfaces."
- Item #: i_350948Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 94Vinous Media: 92-94WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "This white starts out rich and creamy, offering lemon cake, peach, spring blossom and pastry flavors, gaining focus on the finish, where the vibrant structure emerges. Fine length."
VINOUS 92 - 94 POINTS - "(just 25 hectoliters per hectare produced, due to frost and some incidence of mildew and oidium): Pale yellow. Musky ripe peach and wild flowers on the nose and palate. Distinctly salty, tactile and energetic, conveying a strong impression of site character. The mid-palate fruit is currently a bit suppressed but this energetic wine builds slowly on the back end and saturates the palate with saline minerality."
BURGHOUND 91 - 94 POINTS - "A ripe yet cool and airy nose is comprised by notes of green apple, citrus zest, pear and once again, plenty of floral influence. The notably rich and generously proportioned flavors exude both minerality and salinity on the beautifully complex finale. Despite the richness the mid-palate mouth feel is actually based more on finesse and refinement than usual. Excellent."
- Item #: i_352930Bottle Size: 750mlDECANTER 97 POINTS,
WINE ADVOCATE 94 - 96 POINTS,
JOHN GILMAN 95 POINTS,
BURGHOUND 93 - 95 POINTS
- "Divided into three separate parcels, two in Puligny and one in Chassagne, the Leflaive holdings in Bâtard amount to a more than satisfactory 1.5ha. Rich, concentrated and well upholstered, this is a plush, dense, palate-coating white that flirts with exotic fruit but finishes with focussed, chalky minerality. Drinking Window 2021 - 2027."
- Item #: i_352931Bottle Size: 750mlDECANTER 97 POINTS - "Bienvenues is generally less powerful than Bâtard at Leflaive, and that's certainly the case here. But what this impressive grand cru lacks in terms of weight, it more than makes up for with precision. Tangerine and pink grapefruit flavours segue into a fresh, textured finish embellished by oak. Drinking Window 2022 - 2032."
WINE ADVOCATE 93 - 95 POINTS - "Like the Pucelles, the 2017 Bienvenues-Bâtard-Montrachet Grand Cru is quite tensile and reserved, unfurling in the glass with aromas of green orchard fruit, iodine, orange rind and creamy new wood. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, textural and fleshy, but taut—even firm—at the core, with good concentration, tangy acid and a bright, chalky finish. Like all these releases, I'm looking forward to seeing it from bottle."
BURGHOUND 92 - 95 POINTS - "from 45+ year old vines, which are the oldest of the Domaine). As is often the case chez Leflaive, the nose is quite similar to that of the Pucelles with the only difference being that it’s a touch riper. The highly succulent medium-bodied flavors possess equally good mid-palate sap while delivering excellent depth and persistence on the focused, balanced and wonderfully long finish. This is class in a glass and very BBM in character."
- Item #: i_345641Bottle Size: 750MLBurghound: 94-97WINE ADVOCATE 95 - 97 POINTS - "The 2017 Chevalier-Montrachet Grand Cru delivers a vibrant but reserved bouquet of lemon zest, white flowers and crushed chalk that is still some distance from displaying all its breadth of expression. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, deep and tensile, with a tight-knit core, searingly intense chalky extract and an electric sense of energy, concluding with a long finish. This is the most linear Chevaliers I tasted in the 2017 vintage, which was typically somewhat more open at the same stage in Anne-Claude's day, so it will be interesting to see how much plenitude it displays in bottle."
BURGHOUND 93 - 96 POINTS - "An all-but mute if cool and elegant nose only grudgingly reveals its aromas of wet stone, white flowers, tangerine peel and jasmine tea. There is almost painful intensity to the larger-scaled yet refined flavors that brim with both dry extract and a driving minerality before concluding in an equally long finish. This too is very clearly built-to-age and is a superb Chevalier that is going to require extended patience."
- Item #: i_345681Bottle Size: 750MLBURGHOUND 93 POINTS - "An overtly citrus-infused nose offers up notes of relatively elegant green apple, lavender and soft jasmine tea wisps. There is notably better subtly to the agreeable textured flavors that are notably finer than they usually are, all wrapped in a sappy, delicious, complex and focused finale. This could be approached young but should also merit up to a decade in a cool cellar."
- Item #: i_353876Bottle Size: 750mlThe Domaine epitomises classic Puligny style, the wines having exemplary purity, focus and integrity. With the Meursault, they are true to their origins. The muscular 2018 Puligny-Montrachet flexes with lemon meringue pie, mille-feuille, apple peel, orange zest, peach, white blossom and nutmeg.