- Item #: i_352930Bottle Size: 750mlDECANTER 97 POINTS,
WINE ADVOCATE 94 - 96 POINTS,
JOHN GILMAN 95 POINTS,
BURGHOUND 93 - 95 POINTS
- "Divided into three separate parcels, two in Puligny and one in Chassagne, the Leflaive holdings in Bâtard amount to a more than satisfactory 1.5ha. Rich, concentrated and well upholstered, this is a plush, dense, palate-coating white that flirts with exotic fruit but finishes with focussed, chalky minerality. Drinking Window 2021 - 2027."
- Item #: i_352931Bottle Size: 750mlDECANTER 97 POINTS - "Bienvenues is generally less powerful than Bâtard at Leflaive, and that's certainly the case here. But what this impressive grand cru lacks in terms of weight, it more than makes up for with precision. Tangerine and pink grapefruit flavours segue into a fresh, textured finish embellished by oak. Drinking Window 2022 - 2032."
WINE ADVOCATE 93 - 95 POINTS - "Like the Pucelles, the 2017 Bienvenues-Bâtard-Montrachet Grand Cru is quite tensile and reserved, unfurling in the glass with aromas of green orchard fruit, iodine, orange rind and creamy new wood. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, textural and fleshy, but taut—even firm—at the core, with good concentration, tangy acid and a bright, chalky finish. Like all these releases, I'm looking forward to seeing it from bottle."
BURGHOUND 92 - 95 POINTS - "from 45+ year old vines, which are the oldest of the Domaine). As is often the case chez Leflaive, the nose is quite similar to that of the Pucelles with the only difference being that it’s a touch riper. The highly succulent medium-bodied flavors possess equally good mid-palate sap while delivering excellent depth and persistence on the focused, balanced and wonderfully long finish. This is class in a glass and very BBM in character."
- Item #: i_350376Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - " The 2017 Meursault 1er Cru Sous le Dos d'Ane offers up aromas of green apples, tart Anjou pear, spring flowers and mint. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, with good concentration and chewy extract—Leflaive performed a green harvest on this young vines this year—underpinned by juicy acids and concluding with a pure finish. This is a promising Meursault in the making."
BURGHOUND 92 POINTS - "There is ample sulfur present but not so much as to completely mask the apple and various white floral scents. More interesting are the vibrant, plump and seductively textured medium-bodied flavors that possess both fine mid-palate concentration as well as plenty of salinity on the sneaky long finish."
- Item #: i_345681Bottle Size: 750MLBURGHOUND 93 POINTS - "An overtly citrus-infused nose offers up notes of relatively elegant green apple, lavender and soft jasmine tea wisps. There is notably better subtly to the agreeable textured flavors that are notably finer than they usually are, all wrapped in a sappy, delicious, complex and focused finale. This could be approached young but should also merit up to a decade in a cool cellar."
- Item #: i_352581Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Wine Spectator: 94WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "The alluring aromas of peach, lemon and toasty, baking spices mesh beautifully in this vibrant white. It's harmonious, making you want to enjoy it now, yet this should develop nicely too. Has fine length and a mouthwatering finish. Drink now through 2027."
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Niellon's 2018 Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Champs Gain is showing very well indeed, soaring from the glass with aromas of Anjou pear, toasted hazelnuts and citrus oil. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied layered and incisive, with racy acids, excellent depth at the core and a long, precise finish."
- Item #: i_352509Bottle Size: 750mlDECANTER 96 POINTS - "Bâtard can be a little too rich for its own good on occasion, but that's definitely not the case here. Elegant and pale in colour, this benefitted from early picking and careful winemaking to deliver freshness alongside pear and quince fruit and subtle 25% new oak."
- Item #: i_322397Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Decanter: 90 to 95 point scoreWINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS: "Blockier and denser than the Criots, the 2018 Bâtard-Montrachet Grand Cru unfurls in the glass with scents of honeycomb, orange oil, white flowers and toasted nuts. Full-bodied, fleshy and textural, it's lively and long, its rich core of fruit underpinned by ripe acids. Broad-shouldered and expressive, this will drink well sooner than the tighter-knit 2017."
DECANTER 95 POINTS: "Céline Fontaine sources her excellent Bâtard from four parcels on the Chassagne-Montrachet side of the Grand Cru, totalling 0.4ha. This is an effortlessly complex Chardonnay, combining depth and texture with scented oak, taut acidity and the power and concentration to age. The one-third new oak is beautifully integrated here."
- Item #: i_305388Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Wafting from the glass with aromas of pear, white flowers, beeswax and a light touch of reduction that might be derived from this sample bottle's Diam closure, the 2018 Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru La Romanée is medium to full-bodied, layered and muscular. Underpinned by lively acids, this is the most complete and concentrated premier cru in the range this year."
- Item #: i_305158Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92Burghound: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The 2018 Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Caillerets marries notes of citrus oil and white flowers with aromas of pear and peach. Medium to full-bodied, satiny and fleshy, it reveals fine depth at the core and promising chalky grip to balance its mid-palate fat."
- Item #: i_352150Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Dramatic and expressive, the 2018 Criots-Bâtard-Montrachet Grand Cru exhibits aromas of orange rind, peach, honeyed pears and marzipan. Full-bodied, supple and textural, it's an enveloping but youthfully structured wine that will reward at least a couple of years of bottle age. Céline Gagnard told me that this site handled the hot conditions well."
- Item #: i_352181Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95Vinous Media: 94Decanter: 90 to 95 point scoreWINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "Aromas of clear honey, blanched almonds and pear mingle with hints of citrus blossom and orange oil, introducing the 2018 Montrachet Grand Cru, a full-bodied, elegantly textural wine that's supple and enveloping, with lovely depth and dimension at the core, underpinned by lively acids. Long and perfumed, this is an elegant, expressive Montrachet from Fontaine-Gagnard."
- Item #: i_354030Bottle Size: 750mlThe wines is aromatic, extremely balanced and expressive of their terroir - classic nods to old-school Burgundy winemaking practices. All Armand’s wines are whole cluster fermentations because he firmly believes that a wine’s essence is derived from the totality of the vine. Each component of the vine, from roots to leaves to stems, skins and pulp, plays an important role in a living wine.
- Item #: i_352169Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 91 - 93 POINTS - "Boillot's 2017 Meursault 1er Cru Les Poruzots reveals attractive aromas of ripe green apple, Meyer lemon, white flowers and almond paste. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, deep and layered and pure, with more concentration, cut and structure than the Charmes this year."
- Item #: i_352610Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS: "The most youthfully reserved wine in the cellar was the 2018 Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru, a promising bottling that opens up to reveal scents of citrus zest, dried white flowers, green apple and pastry cream. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, layered and multidimensional, with racy acids and prodigious levels of searingly chalky dry extract that lend this wine incredible structure."