- Item #: i_353069Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 90WINE ENTHUSIAST 90 POINTS - "This rich Sancerre is full of white fruits as well as the more familiar herbal characteristics. It is taut, with a sculptured texture. The wine is not quite ready and will be better from early 2020."
- Item #: i_351554Bottle Size: 750ml"I often find writing about our most popular everyday wines to be unexpectedly difficult. These wines are beloved by our regular clients, instantly recognizable by label, well-priced, and sell briskly by the case. What more really needs to be said? “Not much,” I thought at first. “I’ll dash this off so I can focus on writing about our more iconic wines.” But I came to realize that this attitude was not only lazy, but wrongheaded, too. Why shouldn’t a wine like Domaine du Salvard’s piquant Sauvignon Blanc—a mainstay on our clients’ tables that’s often referred to as the “Butterfly wine” because of the butterfly on the label—get its due? It’s lip-smackingly delicious vintage after vintage, and there’s plenty of it to go around. Quality in quantity is no mean feat. And there’s always just the right amount of crispness; it’s never flabby or austere. There are citrus notes and grassiness, as any classic Loire Sauvignon Blanc should have, but never to excess. It pairs well with just about everything, and a case can be had for a pretty reasonable price. If that doesn’t deserve high praise I don’t know what does! To that end, I’m christening the Sauvignon Blanc “Unique” an icon of a different sort, an icon of affordability. Its pleasures are open for all to taste and enjoy." KERMIT lYNCH
- Item #: i_353396Bottle Size: 750mlOrganic viticulture has been a goal of the family for a number of years; as of 2003, the entire estate was certified organic. The following year the winery was converted completely to biodynamic agriculture--to be sure, you won't find more terroir-driven Sancerre anywhere else in the appellation. Jean-Dominique and Jean-Laurent Vacheron are ably leading the domaine to ever-loftier winemaking heights. The wines speak for themselves—always consistent, the quality of Vacheron Sancerre continues to astound.
- Item #: i_351302Bottle Size: 750mlVincent Pinard is one of the most dedicated producers of the Loire valley and, with 15 hectares based in Bué, has vines in some of the best sites around Sancerre. The excessively low yields, hand harvesting and modern winery, complete with temperature controlled vats, result in enticing, aromatic and intense wines. Although not certified organic, they do not use any pesticides in the vineyard.
- Item #: i_353784Bottle Size: 750mlThis is an incredible Sancerre, barrel fermented, giving it a gentle creaminess that is balanced with fresh, bright stones fruits. Nuance is a powerful old-vine Sauvignon Blanc. Hints of flint, stone fruits, herbs de Provence, and a gorgeous, delicate jolt of fresh lemon in the finish. A serious Sancerre from one of the leading producers who follow exceptional farming practices on the top parcels in the region. A must-try for Sancerre lovers everywhere.