- Item #: i_379136Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 91WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "This subtle Champagne shows fine integration and texture, withsublayers of cardamom and anise accenting the flavors of applegalette, honey and lemon curd. Very elegant, with a lingering,smoke- and rose-tinged finish. Drink now through 2020."
The Montagne de Reims village of Bouzy is famed for producing some of Champagne’s grandest, most vinous Pinot Noir based bottlings. Saves along with Jean Vesselle are arguably the stars of the village. Allen Meadows, "The Burghound", recently inked this praise for their "white label": "Quite fruity with an airy, even layered quality to the nose with solid depth and plenty of punch and energy to the firm but not aggressive finish that delivers ample length. This is one of those pleasant examples that could be easily approached now because of the complexity the high [75%] percentage of Pinot contributes, yet I would hold this for at least 3 years." A couple of weeks back we tasted this along side Bollinger’s excellent Brut "Special Cuvee" and found their flavors to be remarkably similar except that the Saves had better structure and a bit more flavor intricacy."
- Item #: i_376905Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90Camille Savès is a still under the radar family run Champagne house in the village of Bouzy making small quantities of fine artisanally crafted Champagne. All fruit is sourced from the family's own 25 acres of vineyards, which include Grand Cru parcels in the Grand Crus of Bouzy, Ambonnay and Tours-sur-Marne. The vines are tended according to the principles of lutte raisonée and have an average age of nearly forty years. A blend of 60% Chardonnay, and 40% Pinot Noir 12% of which is Bouzy Rouge. All the vineyard parcels for this rose are located in Bouzy and are south-facing. The base vintage is 2012 blended with 20% reserve wine. After some three years of aging on the lees this bottle was disgorged in November of 2016 with a dosage of 9 g/l. There is a delightful, delicate red berry aroma on the nose and while amply textured, harmonious palate delivers a delectable panoply of red fruits toned by ample acids and chalk inflections.
- Item #: i_374657Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 92JOHN GILMAN 92+ POINTS-"Alexandre Chartogne’s Sainte Anne bottling hails from several different lieux à dits in Merfy and is fermented in stainless steel tanks, with indigenous yeasts and the current release is comprised of a fifty-fifty blend of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. The current release is excellent, offering the tactile seriousness on the palate that is the calling card of all of Alexandre’s wines that I have had a pleasure to taste so far, along with superb, racy structure and impressive nascent complexity. The bouquet is a blend of apple, white peach, complex minerality, gentle brioche, white flowers and a bit of high-end smokiness. On the palate the wine is full-bodied, young and beautifully focused, with a rock solid core, great cut and grip, very refined mousse and outstanding length and grip on the primary finish. This is still very early days for this superb wine, so tuck it away in the cellar for at least a couple of years and let it blossom. Fine, fine juice."
- Item #: i_311491Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90100% Sauvignon Blanc
A racy, aggressive Sauvignon nose of chalk and flint; round in the mouth with herbal notes and very fresh.
- Item #: i_379019Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 92WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Bright and creamy, this well-balanced Champagne offers flavors of white peach, pear, candied grapefruit zest and pastry, joined by a briny hint of oyster shell. The firm acidity presents itself as a lively zestiness that is very appealing."
- Item #: i_378902Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "Pretty strawberry, ripe cherry, lemon curd and pastry notes mix in this firm rosé, offering lip-smacking acidity, with smoke and chalk notes on the finish. Disgorged January 2013. Drink now through 2016."
- Item #: i_374176Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90ANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS -"The NV Brut Rosé is another compelling wine in this range from Margaine. Pliant and creamy on the palate, with terrific energy, the Rosé is alluring from the very first taste. There is palpable sense of power without excess weight that makes the Rose truly sublime. A fine mousse and vibrant red berry fruit add to the wine's allure. And there is plenty of that to go around. Disgorged: April 2018."
- Item #: i_374328Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 90WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "A lively sparkling rosé, with a bright, citrusy overtone to fruit-forward flavors of strawberry puree and black raspberry, showing accents of biscuit, walnut skin and gumdrop. Drink now through 2016."
- Item #: i_373500Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92Wine Spectator: 90WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Moncuit’s non-vintage Cuvee Pierre Moncuit-Delos Blanc de Blancs Brut is typically a rich, powerful, crisp effort displaying notes of chalk dust, white peaches, subtle bees honey, brioche, and yellow plums. Medium-bodied with gorgeous as well as persistent effervescence, and a dry, fabulously pure, laser-like finish, it should be drunk over the next 3-4 years.90 Points Wine SpectatorThere's a richness to this fresh Champagne, with toast, apple pastry and crystallized honey flavors. This is enlivened by well-integrated acidity and hints of lemon zest and brine, with a minerally finish. Drink now through 2012. 150 cases imported."
JOHN GILMAN 91+ POINTS - "The new release of Pierre Moncuit’s non-vintage Grand Cru Blanc de Blancs (all from Mesnil fruit) is still a pretty young wine, but it has very good depth and plenty of nascent complexity and will really blossom nicely with a year or two in the bottle. The youthfully fine bouquet offers up scents of pear, delicious apple, incipient notes of pastry cream, chalky minerality, spring flowers and a delicate touch of lemon zest in the upper register. On the palate the wine is medium-full, bright and intensely flavored, with lovely, frothy mousse, fine focus and balance, crisp, beautifully-integrated acids, nascent complexity and fine length and grip on the elegant and still tightly-knit finish. This is not a bad drink today by any means, but it will really open up with another twelve to eighteen months of further bottle age. A fine bottle."
- Item #: i_353700Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Elegant, with rich base notes of toasted brioche and smoke adding depth, this integrates finely honed acidity, detailed texture and flavors of black cherry puree, apple tarte Tatin, kumquat and grated ginger. Provides a creamy, mineral-tinged finish. Drink now through 2022. Tasted twice, with consistent notes. 50,000 cases made."
- Item #: i_350309Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 93 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS "All the 2017s from this estate are brilliant wines, and the 2017 Châteauneuf Du Pape should be purchased by the case. It offers a ripe, sexy style as well as complex notes of ripe red and black currants, graphite, melted licorice, and incense. With ripe tannins and a layered, elegant texture, it’s a terrific example of the style of the vintage and will keep for 10-15 years."
- Item #: i_364530Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90JOHN GILMAN 92 POINTS - "Taittinger’s “la Française” bottling of non-vintage Brut is the same cépages as the wine above [i.e. forty percent Chardonnay and a sixty percent mix of Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier], but spend an additional year aging on its fine lees prior to disgorgement, so effectively, this is one year older for its base vintage. I do wish that Taittinger would join with Grandes Marques such as Charles Heidsieck and provide more technical details on their back label, as it would be nice to know the dosage and the date of disgorgement. In any case, the bouquet on the current  release of la Française is excellent, wafting from the glass in a vibrant blend of apple, white peach, fresh-baked bread, white flowers, a very good base of soil tones and just a hint of the smokiness to come with further bottle age. On the palate the wine is deep, full-bodied, crisp 69 and rock solid at the core, with elegant mousse, excellent focus and grip, fine acidity and a long, complex finish. The extra year on the lees really adds mid-palate depth and palate presence here vis à vis the Brut Réserve. As I have mentioned in the past, the dosage for this bottling has decreased noticeably in the last few years and the wine is all the better for it, as there is a mineral precision on the backend today that is exemplary! 2016-2035."
- Item #: i_325777Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "Fresh and lightly floral, this aperitif-style Champagne offers a lively bead and open-knit flavors of black raspberry, dried cherry, toasted almond, red licorice and smoke. Mouthwatering finish. Disgorged May 2012. Drink now through 2015."