- Item #: i_350340Bottle Size: 750mlWines from Le Clos du Caillou are Rhône blends at their most intense. Concentrated and richly textured, these organically raised, older-vine wines capture the spice and silk of old-vine Grenache grown on the region’s finest terroirs. Each wine too reflects the native perfumes of the south, the “garrigue” blend of thyme, rosemary and lavender that grows wild among the estate’s vines. Of all the terroir in the Côtes du Rhône appellation, the “clos” of Caillou has to be one of the most exceptional. Completely surrounded by Châteauneuf-du-Pape vineyards, this walled parcel of land was intentionally left out of the appellation by the owner, following a bureaucratic spat back in 1936. What this means today is that Caillou’s Côtes du Rhône wines are the qualitatively the same, with regard to terroir and exposition, as top Châteauneuf wines.
- Item #: i_350860Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96Wine Spectator: 96Jeb Dunnuck: 98JEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "A similar blend, the 2017 Châteauneuf Du Pape Boisrenard checks in as 66% Grenache, 12% each of Syrah and Mourvèdre, and the balance a mix of permitted varieties, that saw 10% new oak. It has a thrilling bouquet of black cherries, cassis, bouquet garni, scorched earth, and graphite. Tasting like a Grand Cru Burgundy with its tension, purity, and elegance, it has building tannins, terrific concentration, and a great finish. Still tight, backward and reserved, hide bottles for 4-5 years if you can. It's going to be long-lived."
WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "Mostly (66%) Grenache, with smaller amounts of Mourvèdre and Syrah (12% each), and tiny amounts of the other permitted varieties, the 2017 Chateauneuf du Pape Cuvee Boisrenard is inky in color, with aromas that hint at toasted coconut, black cherries and chocolate. It's a rich, decadent, full-bodied sexpot of a CdP that possess admirable concentration, a wonderfully creamy-silky texture and a long, long finish."
- Item #: i_345704Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94+WINE ADVOCATE 94+ POINTS: "The 2017 Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Les Ménétrières is similarly superb, offering up aromas of fresh peach, white flowers, green apple, orange oil and warm bread. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, satiny and multidimensional, with considerable muscle and concentration despite its elegant profile, structured around chewy dry extract and a lively girdle of acidity, and concluding with a long, saline finish. This brilliant Pouilly-Fuissé will amply reward bottle age."
- Item #: i_345705Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Tournant de Pouilly is brilliant, opening in the glass with a youthfully reserved bouquet of ripe citrus fruit, wet stones and freshly baked bread. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, deep and concentrated, with a satiny, enveloping attack, superb cut and tension at the core and a long, precise finish. This elegantly muscular Pouilly-Fuissé is well worth seeking out."
- Item #: i_311338Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91Wine Spectator: 92James Suckling: 94JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "Much older vines, with close to a 100-year-old average. This has a cherry and pepper edge to it. Very plush and even, elegant and refreshing. The stems are perfectly integrated. Elegant, lithe and profound. Layered and long, builds freshness. Drink now."
WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Still youthfully tight, with singed alder and dried lavender notes framing a coiled core of cassis, damson plum and bitter cherry fruit. The long sanguine- and mineral-edged finish will need some time to unwind fully. Best from 2019 through 2027."
WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - " I preferred the Domaine Les Pallieres 2015 Gigondas Les Racines, which comes from 75-year-old vines (80% Grenache) at lower elevation. There's a sassafras-like spice note to this wine, along with ripe cherries and hints of clove and allspice. Like the Terrasse de Diable, it's full-bodied and silky in texture, but the Racines seems to carry its alcohol better. Both of these Gigondas are matured exclusively in 60-hectoliter foudres, so there's no obvious oak influence.
- Item #: i_322619Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90-93Burghound: 89-91WINE ADVOCATE 90-93 POINTS: "The 2017 Nuits-Saint-Georges 1er Cru Les Chaignots is superb, bursting with expressive aromas of cherries, violets, bergamot and grilled squab. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, velvety and supple with a layered core that entirely cloaks its fine structuring tannins in succulent fruit. This is an elegant, open-knit Chaignots which will offer a broad drinking window."
BURGHOUND 90-92 POINTS: "The proximity to the southern side of Vosne is in evidence as here the expressive nose of pure red and dark berry scents cut with warm earth is quite spicy. In the same fashion as the nose, there is a lovely texture to the lightly mineral-inflected medium-bodied flavors that evidence both fine depth and length. I like the balance and there is enough stuffing that this could be approached early but it should also have no trouble amply repay mid-term cellaring."