- Item #: i_376417Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93The Avizoise is made from Les Robards and Voie d'Epernay, fermented in neutral 600-liter barrels and bottled with four grams of dosage.
- Item #: i_377220Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93+Mycorhize is a flagship bottling honoring the vital symbiosis of vine roots and fungi. The cuvee is entirely based on 60 plus year old, biodynamically farmed Chardonnay vines from the Les Hauts Nemery lieux-dit in Avize. All the base wine was fermented and "raised" in oak barrels. It was disgorged in January 2017 and finished with minimal dosage of 4g/l. The result is a very pure and mineral Champagne that is well structured with great finesse and extraordinary length.
- Item #: i_345704Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94+WINE ADVOCATE 94+ POINTS: "The 2017 Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Les Ménétrières is similarly superb, offering up aromas of fresh peach, white flowers, green apple, orange oil and warm bread. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, satiny and multidimensional, with considerable muscle and concentration despite its elegant profile, structured around chewy dry extract and a lively girdle of acidity, and concluding with a long, saline finish. This brilliant Pouilly-Fuissé will amply reward bottle age."
- Item #: i_345705Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Tournant de Pouilly is brilliant, opening in the glass with a youthfully reserved bouquet of ripe citrus fruit, wet stones and freshly baked bread. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, deep and concentrated, with a satiny, enveloping attack, superb cut and tension at the core and a long, precise finish. This elegantly muscular Pouilly-Fuissé is well worth seeking out."
- Item #: i_350596Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 91 PointsWe just received more of the 2018 Lafage Novellum after its instant sellout a few weeks ago. Now would be a great time to grab some while we have it!
The newest vintage of our best-selling French Chardonnay has just been released. The 2018 Lafage Novellum is firing on all cylinders and continues a string of successful vintages. This has been a huge hit with our customers who crave its delicious taste at a price that's hard to beat.
Critics have continually sung the praises of this custom cuvee from well-known importer Eric Solomon. Robert Parker has written, "I've raved time and time again about the quality -and value - coming from Domaine Lafage's Jean-Marc Lafage." Jeb Dunnuck gave this wine 91 Points and described it as "a rounded, textured, layered beauty that's well worth the going rate." We completely agree!
The beauty of Novellum is it combines the perfectly-ripened fruit and richness you might find in a high-quality California Chardonnay with the brightness and minerality you expect in Burgundy. This combination makes it the perfect crossover wine which appeals to those who enjoy either California or French Chardonnay.
Domaine Lafage is on amazing roll where everything they touch seems to turn to gold; they are producing absolutely gorgeous wines. Lafage first came upon our radar with Bastide Miraflors, Narassa and Tessellae which have been huge hits. We emailed out the previous vintage of Novellum Chardonnay and our customers went nuts for it. We really enjoy this wine and feel it is an amazing value.
This is an excellent "Everyday Drinker" that you can open up during the week to enjoy with dinner or simply unwind with a glass on its own. Domaine Lafage's Novellum is a delicious wine, which would make a terrific case purchase.
JEB DUNNUCK 91 POINTS - "Made from all Chardonnay aged on Viognier lees, the 2018 Chardonnay Novellum reveals a medium gold color as well a rich, textured style. Honeysuckle, white peach, brioche, and spice notes all flow to a rounded, textured, layered beauty that's well worth the going rate. Brought up mostly in stainless steel, with 15% in new French oak, this wine always seems to deliver the goods, and the 2018 is no exception."
- Item #: i_350375Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 94BURGHOUND 92 - 95 POINTS - "A discreet, even shy nose offers up attractively fresh and ultra-pure notes of citrus, honeysuckle, white peach and a hint of acacia blossom. There is excellent delineation to the intense, equally pure and seductive middle weight flavors that possess good verve and plenty of minerality on the solidly persistent finish that delivers outstanding depth. This elegant beauty is a refined mix of punch and finesse."
WINE ADVOCATE 92 - 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Pucelles wafts from the glass with aromas of spring flowers, white peach, lemon, pastry cream and blanched almonds. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, elegantly textural but tangy, with a pure, fine-boned profile. It was quite reserved when I tasted it, so I suspect it only needs time to take on the breadth and dimension that characterize a great Pucelles, but for now, the wine is quite tensile and linear."
- Item #: i_375687Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90A very light straw yellow color with lots of bubbles. The nose has light fresh bread, green apple, and a hint of orange. weet and succulent on the palate. Juicy apple. Creamy and warm. As it warms, it has an orange citrus feeling on the midrange. This stuff rocks.
- Item #: i_350506Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91-93ROBERT PARKER 91-93 POINTS: "The 2017 Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Morgeot Clos de la Chapelle (Domaine du Duc de Magenta) unfurls in the glass with aromas of fresh peach, buttered apples, almond paste and honeycomb. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, satiny and concentrated, with bright acids, impressive energy and tension and a long, tangy finish. This is another white well worth seeking out."
- Item #: i_350526Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90-92ROBERT PARKER 90-92 POINTS: "The 2015 Bourgogne le Chapitre Blanc has an inviting bouquet of white peach, stone fruit, cold limestone and light lime flower aromas. The palate is crisp and fresh with lovely crisp pear and peach notes that are kept in check by (yet another) killer line of acidity. There is outstanding tension here and those compact limestone soils are palpable on the stony finish. Superb."