- Item #: i_350588Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95Wine Spectator: 96#3 WINE SPECTATOR TOP 100
WINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS - "This shows the vivid, racy side of Barsac, with streaming flavors of pineapple, yellow apple, green plum and white ginger, displaying lovely energy from start to finish. Ends with enough honeysuckle and orange blossom notes to balance the richness. Best from 2020 through 2035."
WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "This Coutet '14 has a complex bouquet with razor-sharp, minerally, citrus fruit mixed with wild honey and a touch of Riesling-like petrol. The palate is totally convincing. There is a great thrust of rich botrytized fruit sliced through with Coutet’s trademark acidity, despite the spoonfuls of sugar, that lends this such vibrancy and tension. It possesses and almost clinical precision with long persistence on the finish. This is a divine Coutet that may warrant a higher score subject to how it evolves in barrel. Range:93-95+"
- Item #: i_349955Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92-94Wine Spectator: 96WINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS: "This is tightly coiled, with intense raspberry and cherry reduction notes waiting to unwind, but held in check for now by myriad licorice, iron, rooibos tea and singed alder details. Shows terrific cut and tension through the finish, revealing a blaze of minerality. Just needs some time to harmonize fully."
- Item #: i_345083Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 95-97Wine Spectator: 96-99eROBERT PARKER 95-97 POINTS: "The Château Cheval Blanc 2014 is a blend of 45% Cabernet Franc and 55% Merlot, picked from 19 September until 8 October. The alcohol level is 13.25% matured in 100% new oak, which Pierre Lurton told me was prolonged due to the heterogenous soils and wanting to wait for the Cabernet Franc on clay soils to reach full maturity. It is quintessential Cheval Blanc on the nose: predominantly red fruit here rather than black, touches of incense and dried roses, a dab of liquorice underneath. The Cabernet Franc is the engine behind the aromatics. The palate is medium-bodied with grainy tannin. This is not a silky smooth Cheval Blanc – here there is an graininess to the tannin that exert a gentle grip in the mouth. It is a complex and cerebral wine with cracked black pepper on the almost ferrous finish. Like the second wine, it is linear and fresh, in some ways reminiscent of the string of superb wines produced in the 1980s. This is a formidable Cheval Blanc whose evolution will be fascinating to witness."
WINE SPECTATOR 96-99 POINTS: "Reserved aromatically for now, but this has a lot at its clutch, with remarkably silky plum, currant and raspberry fruit inlaid seamlessly with alder, rooibos tea and bergamot notes. There's a fine minerality that stretches out the finish, with remarkable cut, delineation and finesse. This is gorgeous.—Tasted non-blind." –JM
VINOUSMEDIA 93-96 POINTS: "The 2014 Cheval Blanc is delicate, saline and beautifully layered throughout. Mocha, dark cherries, plums, menthol and new leather are all pushed forward in a mid-weight, gracious Cheval Blanc that impresses with its superb overall balance and pure harmony. Cabernet Franc, 45% of this year's blend, is super-expressive in the glass. Sweet rose petal, violet, mint and herbs are laced into the sensual finish. Here too, the style is resonant, generous and inviting, with beams of acidity and salinity that convey brightness."
- Item #: i_350198Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 97Vinous Media: 95Decanter: 98 PointsJeb Dunnuck: 100 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 100 POINTS: "Another perfect wine from this brilliant estate is the 2016 Châteauneuf-du-Pape, which matches the otherworldly 2007. A classic blend of 60% Grenache, 30% Mourvèdre and 10% Syrah brought up all in old foudre, this beauty's deep purple color is followed by a mammoth bouquet of kirsch liqueur, black currants, blueberries, Asian spices, and garrigue. Full-bodied, concentrated, and powerful, it nevertheless is as graceful as a ballerina on the palate and has ultra-fine tannins, a silky, seamless texture, and a finish that just won't quit. Hats off to vigneron Paul-Vincent Avril!"
ROBERT PARKER 97 POINTS: "The 2016 Chateauneuf du Pape is full-bodied but balanced, with plenty of richness and concentration but also a certain paradoxical lightness. It offers complex garrigue and anise notes, a blend of cherry and raspberry fruit, a silky texture and a long finish that shows no sign of the wine's 15.8% alcohol. For technocrats, the wine's pH is 3.7, which is sufficient acidity to maintain a fine sense of balance. This lovely wine should drink well for at least two decades. Together with the 2015 and the 2017, it will be a compelling trio of wines to follow over the years."
DECANTER 98 POINTS: "Yields are always low at Clos des Papes, but this was Vincent Avril's biggest harvest since 2007, with yields of 25hl/ha. A tasting of various different blends highlighted the part played by each main variety, but the final blend shows a young wine that is already aromatically harmonious, bright and detailed. It's fuller-bodied than an average vintage, deep yet fresh. It has a powerful tannic and acidic framework this year, but the wine is very well balanced and very long, with a sublime freshness. An effortlessly brilliant Clos des Papes."
- Item #: i_328805Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 96Wine Spectator: 97WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS -"Hints of toast and lime blossom on the nose accent the palate's apricot, lemon pastry, candied ginger and crystallized honey flavors in this rich and creamy blanc de blancs. Firm and finely balanced by a china-like frame of acidity, with the finish echoing hints of smoke, coffee liqueur and spice. Disgorged September 2017. Drink now through 2028."
- Item #: i_311366Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93Wine Spectator: 93ROBERT PARKER 93 POINTS: "The 1998 has turned out to be one of the vintage's superb Medocs. It boasts an opaque black/purple color as well as a classic Leoville Las Cases display of lead pencil, gorgeously pure black raspberries and cherries, smoke, and graphite. A broad yet focused entry on the palate reveals firm tannin, medium to full body, superb concentration and purity, as well as a totally symmetrical mouthfeel. Anticipated maturity: 2006-2025"
- Item #: i_350465Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94-96Wine Spectator: 96WINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS: "This is packed with rich, succulent flavors of fig, boysenberry and blackberry compote, layered with anise, ganache and toasted apple wood notes. The strong, grippy spine is well-embedded through the lengthy finish, while the fruit easily keeps pace. Best from 2019 through 2035. 475 cases made."
WINE ADVOCATE 94-96 POINTS: "Incorporating 10% Syrah, the Grenache-dominated 2015 Gigondas Cuvee Valbelle is another heavenly wine from Louis Barruol. Full-bodied, seamless and elegant, with lots of crème de cassis, crushed flowers, incense and white pepper, it has a touch less mid-palate depth than the single vineyards, but is impeccably balanced and will have two decades of longevity."
- Item #: i_311203Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 96-98Wine Spectator: 96WINE ADVOCATE 96-98 POINTS - "Pale gold colour. The Suduiraut 2009 has a delectable bouquet with wonderful delineation with scents of pineapple, almond paste, lemon curd and Kaffir lime, the new oak still prominent and demanding time to subsume. The palate has a slightly viscous entry with clear honey, nutmeg, mandarin that leads to a thrilling, almost spicy finish. Great length with a rounded, patisserie finish. There is a lot packed into the Suduiraut that is unruly at the moment, but is sure to evolve beautifully in bottle. This is simply a sensational Suduiraut. Tasted February 2011."