- Item #: i_376417Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93The Avizoise is made from Les Robards and Voie d'Epernay, fermented in neutral 600-liter barrels and bottled with four grams of dosage.
- Item #: i_378247Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS-"A smooth, gently round and nicely balanced Champagne dominant in pinot meunier, pinot noir and chardonnay to boot. It has attractive lemon citrus flavors and is really punchy, refined and gently nutty. A smooth, pastry-like texture comes to the fore on the finish. Drink now."
WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The NV Brut Premier Cru is a gorgeous wine, and a great introduction to the house style. Lemon, white flowers, mint, crushed rocks are some of the many notes that take shape in the glass as this refined Champagne shows off its impeccable class and total pedigree. The Premier Cru is 45% Pinot Meunier, 25% Pinot Noir, 25% Chardonnay and 5% Arbanne, Petit Meslier and Fromenteau. The high percentage of red grapes is felt in the wine’s breadth, while the aromas and flavors remain fresh, vibrant and beautifully nuanced throughout. This is a fabulous entry-level offering."
- Item #: i_334003Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 100ROBERT PARKER 100 POINTS - "Proprietor Alain Vauthier has produced a prodigious wine that captures the essence of Ausone's terroir. A saturated black/purple color is followed by sensational aromas of ink, cherries, blackberries, blueberries, and that wet stones/liquid minerality characteristic. The wine has phenomenal presence on the palate as well as astonishing richness and purity. Despite its extract, power, and richness, it is remarkably light, with a surreal delicacy. It is a tour de force in winemaking and a compelling expression of this magical terroir. It should prove to be legendary, but sadly, anyone over the age of 50 will probably not live to see it come close to maturity. Anticipated maturity: 2020-2075."
- Item #: i_321281Bottle Size: 750MLBurghound: 94Vinous Media: 92-94Decanter: 97 PointsBURGHOUND 96 POINTS: "(from a 1.60 ha parcel on the Morey side where the soil is more white than red). A discreet application of wood easily allows the liqueur-like dark currant aromas that are liberally cut with earth and spice nuances to be appreciated. Otherwise there is superb richness to the full-bodied, powerful and concentrated broad-shouldered flavors that possess a velvety and mouth coating palate feel, all wrapped in a gorgeously complex and persistent finish. This isn’t quite as classy as the Bèze but it brings a number of other attributes to the table. Note well though that this isn’t even remotely going to be an early drinker so plenty of patience will be necessary, indeed I would go so far as to say that it would be pointless to even think about opening a bottle before its 15th birthday."
- Item #: i_349955Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92-94Wine Spectator: 96WINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS: "This is tightly coiled, with intense raspberry and cherry reduction notes waiting to unwind, but held in check for now by myriad licorice, iron, rooibos tea and singed alder details. Shows terrific cut and tension through the finish, revealing a blaze of minerality. Just needs some time to harmonize fully."
- Item #: i_350340Bottle Size: 750mlWines from Le Clos du Caillou are Rhône blends at their most intense. Concentrated and richly textured, these organically raised, older-vine wines capture the spice and silk of old-vine Grenache grown on the region’s finest terroirs. Each wine too reflects the native perfumes of the south, the “garrigue” blend of thyme, rosemary and lavender that grows wild among the estate’s vines. Of all the terroir in the Côtes du Rhône appellation, the “clos” of Caillou has to be one of the most exceptional. Completely surrounded by Châteauneuf-du-Pape vineyards, this walled parcel of land was intentionally left out of the appellation by the owner, following a bureaucratic spat back in 1936. What this means today is that Caillou’s Côtes du Rhône wines are the qualitatively the same, with regard to terroir and exposition, as top Châteauneuf wines.
- Item #: i_328805Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 96Wine Spectator: 97WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS -"Hints of toast and lime blossom on the nose accent the palate's apricot, lemon pastry, candied ginger and crystallized honey flavors in this rich and creamy blanc de blancs. Firm and finely balanced by a china-like frame of acidity, with the finish echoing hints of smoke, coffee liqueur and spice. Disgorged September 2017. Drink now through 2028."
- Item #: i_333216Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90-92JEB DUNNUCK 90-92 POINTS: "The largest production effort is the 2016 Saint Joseph Silice, which offers lots of blackberry jam, Asian spice, and peppered meat aromas and flavors. This ripe, sexy, beautifully textured 2016 is going to be another terrific value for the true wine lovers and drinkers out there. I continue to love the wines from the young Jerome Coursodon, who pulls from roughly 16 hectares of vines all in the southern part of Saint Joseph, mostly just outside the village of Mauves. The 2015s are monster, blockbuster styled efforts that I suspect won’t appeal to the traditionalists out there, but are singular wines. The 2016s are more elegant and finesse-driven, yet still pack in more sweet fruit than just about everyone else out there."
- Item #: i_349978Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96Jeb Dunnuck: 95 Points"This has an intense core of crushed plum, raspberry and boysenberry fruit flavors" - Wine Spectator
"Incredibly sexy beauty that has full-bodied richness, sweet tannin" - Jeb Dunnuck
The 2015 Domaine de Cristia Renaissance is a stunning Chateauneuf du Pape we've have had the pleasure of enjoying over the last couple of years. This wine displays incredible drinkability with the concentrated fruit of the excellent 2015 vintage yet maintains a freshness and long finish that leaves you begging for more. The relatively high percentage of Mourvedre in this cuvee adds a delicious, dark fruit component to this wine. The Wine Spectator gave this wine a 96 Point Score noting its "intense core of crushed plum, raspberry and boysenberry fruit flavors."
Domaine de Cristia was created by Etienne Grangeon 70 years ago and was expanded by his son Alain, who joined the domaine in 1963 and created the identity of Cristia, based on his knowledge and respect of the soils. In 1999, Baptiste and Dominique joined their father. Their priorities were to concentrate on selecting the best parcels in order to produce a wine of a great quality and ageing potential. This is a seamless expression of lush, perfectly ripened fruit framed with fine-grained silky tannins.
This gorgeous wine from Domaine de Cristia is incredibly delicious and packed with flavor. It is ready to drink now or age if that is your preference. We also have a bit left of the Vieilles Vignes for those who want to enjoy both of these brilliant wines.
WINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS - "This has an intense core of crushed plum, raspberry and boysenberry fruit flavors, draped with melted licorice notes and backed by a wave of warm fruitcake. Hedonistic for sure, but accents of anise, violet and singed apple wood dart around, adding extra facets of intrigue to hold your attention. Grenache and Mourvedre."
JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "The 2015 Chateauneuf-du-Pape Renaissance is a gem and as always is a 60/40 split of Grenache and Mourvèdre brought up in demi-muids and smaller barrels (one-third new). Blackcurrants, blackberries, wine marinade, licorice, and pepper all emerge from this opulent, incredibly sexy beauty that has full-bodied richness, sweet tannin and more mid-palate depth and richness than most. It's going to need 3-4 years of cellaring to hit its stride and last for 15+."
- Item #: i_350882Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Wine Spectator: 95Jeb Dunnuck: 97 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "From a cooler terroir of sandy soils just beside the domaine, the 2016 Gigondas Le Lieu Dit is another tour de force from this brilliant estate. It sports a medium ruby color as well as a rocking bouquet of kirsch, blackberry liqueur, rose petals, damp earth, incense, and spice. Ultra-fine, seamless, elegant, and pure, it's nevertheless powerful and rich, with awesome intensity. Readers need to snatch up this blockbuster."
- Item #: i_350964Bottle Size: 750mlThis Premier Cru Volnay competes with the greats. Dense, deep, and wildly expressive, “Santenots-du-Milieu” is a towering achievement from one of Burgundy’s top organic and biodynamic producers: Dominique Lafon. This man spearheaded the movement toward organics in Burgundy and is widely celebrated for crafting singularly pure, terroir-defining wines—wines that are at once “natural” but also sublimely clean and precise in every way. “Santenots-du-Milieu” is ground zero for classic Pinot Noir.
- Item #: i_345704Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94+WINE ADVOCATE 94+ POINTS: "The 2017 Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Les Ménétrières is similarly superb, offering up aromas of fresh peach, white flowers, green apple, orange oil and warm bread. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, satiny and multidimensional, with considerable muscle and concentration despite its elegant profile, structured around chewy dry extract and a lively girdle of acidity, and concluding with a long, saline finish. This brilliant Pouilly-Fuissé will amply reward bottle age."
- Item #: i_345705Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Tournant de Pouilly is brilliant, opening in the glass with a youthfully reserved bouquet of ripe citrus fruit, wet stones and freshly baked bread. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, deep and concentrated, with a satiny, enveloping attack, superb cut and tension at the core and a long, precise finish. This elegantly muscular Pouilly-Fuissé is well worth seeking out."
- Item #: i_350375Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 94BURGHOUND 92 - 95 POINTS - "A discreet, even shy nose offers up attractively fresh and ultra-pure notes of citrus, honeysuckle, white peach and a hint of acacia blossom. There is excellent delineation to the intense, equally pure and seductive middle weight flavors that possess good verve and plenty of minerality on the solidly persistent finish that delivers outstanding depth. This elegant beauty is a refined mix of punch and finesse."
WINE ADVOCATE 92 - 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Pucelles wafts from the glass with aromas of spring flowers, white peach, lemon, pastry cream and blanched almonds. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, elegantly textural but tangy, with a pure, fine-boned profile. It was quite reserved when I tasted it, so I suspect it only needs time to take on the breadth and dimension that characterize a great Pucelles, but for now, the wine is quite tensile and linear."
- Item #: i_324102Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92-94eROBERT PARKER 92-94 POINTS - "Similar to the classic cuvée, only richer, the 2013 Chateauneuf du Papes Les Petits Pieds d’Armand (100% Grenache from the sandy parts of La Crau) knocks it out of the park with its Bing cherry, kirsch, red licorice and floral aromas and flavors. It’s medium to full-bodied, voluptuous and textured, all while staying nicely focused and elegant. There’s enough sweet tannin here to allow it to evolve gracefully, but the overall feel is one of upfront fruit and texture."
- Item #: i_350410Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92ROBERT PARKER 92 POINTS: "A wine of extraordinary charm and elegance, the dark garnet-colored 1985 Ducru-Beaucaillou has a floral, cedary nose intermixed with red and black currants as well as flowers. The wine is fully mature and soft, with beautiful concentration and purity. It is not a blockbuster, and certainly not nearly as powerful and massive as the 1986, but it is certainly much more seductive. This wine should continue to drink well for at least another 10-15 years."
This wine was inspected for quality, refilled and recorked at the Chateau in 2011.
- Item #: i_374662Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS-"A 100% Pinot Noir here with a terrific floral nose: violets and red roses, some gently flinty reductive notes and red berries to boot. The palate's impressive thanks to plenty of tannin and a really impressive structure. Bold, long and very pure. Red-cherry-pip finish. Drink now."
- Item #: i_330810Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91JOHN GILMAN 93+ POINTS-"The current release of the Gosset Grande Rosé is primarily based on the 2008 vintage (with five percent reserve wines in the blend) and is a blend of fifty-eight percent chardonnay and forty-two percent pinot noir (with eight percent of the pinot being still red wine in the blend). The Gosset Grande Rosé has always been one of my favorite examples of rosé Champagne, with its pale salmon color and its great elegance. This new release is superb, offering up a pure and complex nose of strawberries, mandarin oranges, chalky minerality, smoke, a touch of cinnamon and a topnote of rose petals. On the palate the wine is deep, full-bodied, zesty and impressively light on its feet, with a great core of fruit, elegant and frothy mousse, excellent focus and a very long, well-balanced and refined finish. High class juice!"
- Item #: i_350311Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Wine Spectator: 92One of the greatest things about the nearly perfect 2016 vintage in the Rhone Valley is that the quality is not only relegated to the higher priced cuvees. The hype of the vintage is justified and the wines are undeniably pleasing. Case in point is the Grand Veneur Champauvins from the humble Cotes du Rhone appellation. This "Baby Chateauneuf" is an amazing wine displaying persistent, deeply fruited deliciousness that just won't quit!
The Wine Advocate gave this wine 92 Points in its glowing review and said this wine is "Worth buying by the case." Wine Spectator also gave this wine 92 Points and called it, "A terrific value."
Other quotes by the critics include:
"This is the poor person's Chateauneuf du Pape" - Robert Parker
"A big, brash mouthful of fruit...as always, it's a terrific value" - Wine Spectator
"It's a full-bodied, concentrated wine that could mop the floor with many Chateauneufs" - Wine Advocate
The consistent theme amongst critics and us here at Hi-Time is this is seriously good juice for under $18.00! It's really easy to understand why. The grapes are sourced from a single vineyard plot known for its quality, which is located just outside the boundary of the Chateauneuf du Pape appellation. This means we can enjoy an excellent wine at a fraction of the price of its famous neighbor.
This delicious, crowd-pleasing wine is one to grab by the case to share with friends and family.
WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Capable of rivaling many wines from neighboring Châteauneuf du Pape, the 2016 Cotes du Rhone les Champauvins (tasted as a tank sample) is a big, brash mouthful of fruit but one that's not without nuance. Hints of licorice, cracked pepper and garrigue all come into play, along with a bit of warmth on the long, mouthwatering finish. Supple tannins make it approachable now, but it should easily drink well for 6 years, if not more. As always, it's a terrific value."
WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Now that it's in the bottle, the 2016 Cotes du Rhone les Champauvins is looking as good as I predicted last year. It's a full-bodied, concentrated wine that could mop the floor with many Châteauneufs. Rich black cherry fruit is joined by complex herb and spice notes, a creamy mid-palate and a lingering finish. Worth buying by the case."
- Item #: i_311555Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91Jeb Dunnuck: 90 PointsGuigal is a reference point estate for the Northern Rhone Valley whose name is synonymous with quality. This quality extends from their entry level wines all the way up to the single vineyard Cote Rotie's.
The value priced Cotes du Rhone Rouge and Blanc are amongst our best selling wines as they consistently over-deliver.
Most Rhone red blends are Grenache dominant, but Guigal is based in the Northern Rhone where Syrah is king. This delicious wine is comprised of 50% Syrah, 40% Grenache and 10% Mourvedre. It is rich, full-bodied and made in a crowd-pleasing style. The red received a 91 Point Score from Wine Advocate which called it a "ripe, silky wine that should bring pleasure to thousands of consumers."
At the sale price of $12.99 each, it is a good time to stock up on this delicious daily drinker.
WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "There are an impressive 4.5 million bottles of the 2016 Cotes du Rhone, a ripe, silky wine that should bring pleasure to thousands of consumers. Cherries and raspberries mark the nose, while the medium to full-bodied palate adds nuances of cola, tree bark and spice. Often available at retail for under $15 per bottle, it represents a terrific value."
JEB DUNNUCK 90 POINTS - "As with the white, the quality of the basic Cotes du Rhone is more than noteworthy, especially when you consider the quantity produced. From a great, great vintage for the Southern Rhone, the 2016 Cotes du Rhone shows an upfront, sunny style as well as Provencal notes of spiced red and black fruits, ground pepper, and garrigue. Drink this medium to full-bodied, ripe, sexy effort over the coming 4-6 years. It will evolve even longer."
- Item #: i_334009Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94-96Wine Spectator: 95-98eROBERT PARKER 94-96 POINTS: "As one might expect, this is probably the dry white wine of the vintage. Composed of 70% Semillon and 30% Sauvignon Blanc, it shows no trace of its time spent in 100% new oak, but offers copious notes of lemon oil, orange blossom, honeysuckle, fig and grapefruit. The wine possesses a broad, full-bodied mouthfeel with great precision, freshness and length. Consume it over the next 30+ years."
WINE SPECTATOR 95-98 POINTS: "The pear skin, honeysuckle, chamomile and verbena aromas are all defined already, with an almost creamy feel to the core of white peach, lemon chiffon and macadamia nut notes. Shows remarkable depth and richness, with straw and brioche accents helping the finish glide along beautifully. A stunner, possibly the wine of the vintage. Sauvignon Blanc and Sémillon.—Tasted non-blind. Score range: 95-98" –JM
- Item #: i_375687Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90A very light straw yellow color with lots of bubbles. The nose has light fresh bread, green apple, and a hint of orange. weet and succulent on the palate. Juicy apple. Creamy and warm. As it warms, it has an orange citrus feeling on the midrange. This stuff rocks.