- Item #: i_325554Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92VINOUS WINE MEDIA 94 POINTS-"The NV Extra Brut Blanc de Blancs Grand Cru Terroirs is positively brilliant. Citrus, white flowers, crushed rocks and mint are all finely sketched in this super-expressive Champagne from Agrapart. Readers who want to get a sense of what the Agrapart Champagnes are all about without investing in some of the higher-end bottlings will want to check out the Terroirs. Weightless and chiseled in the glass, with pedigree to burn, the Terroirs is flat-out stunning, not to mention a fabulous wine in its peer group. The Terroirs is sourced from parcels in Avize, Oger, Cramand and Oiry.
- Item #: i_378247Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS-"A smooth, gently round and nicely balanced Champagne dominant in pinot meunier, pinot noir and chardonnay to boot. It has attractive lemon citrus flavors and is really punchy, refined and gently nutty. A smooth, pastry-like texture comes to the fore on the finish. Drink now."
WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The NV Brut Premier Cru is a gorgeous wine, and a great introduction to the house style. Lemon, white flowers, mint, crushed rocks are some of the many notes that take shape in the glass as this refined Champagne shows off its impeccable class and total pedigree. The Premier Cru is 45% Pinot Meunier, 25% Pinot Noir, 25% Chardonnay and 5% Arbanne, Petit Meslier and Fromenteau. The high percentage of red grapes is felt in the wine’s breadth, while the aromas and flavors remain fresh, vibrant and beautifully nuanced throughout. This is a fabulous entry-level offering."
- Item #: i_350860Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96Jeb Dunnuck: 97JEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "A similar blend, the 2017 Châteauneuf Du Pape Boisrenard checks in as 66% Grenache, 12% each of Syrah and Mourvèdre, and the balance a mix of permitted varieties, that saw 10% new oak. It has a thrilling bouquet of black cherries, cassis, bouquet garni, scorched earth, and graphite. Tasting like a Grand Cru Burgundy with its tension, purity, and elegance, it has building tannins, terrific concentration, and a great finish. Still tight, backward and reserved, hide bottles for 4-5 years if you can. It's going to be long-lived."
WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "Mostly (66%) Grenache, with smaller amounts of Mourvèdre and Syrah (12% each), and tiny amounts of the other permitted varieties, the 2017 Chateauneuf du Pape Cuvee Boisrenard is inky in color, with aromas that hint at toasted coconut, black cherries and chocolate. It's a rich, decadent, full-bodied sexpot of a CdP that possess admirable concentration, a wonderfully creamy-silky texture and a long, long finish."
- Item #: i_350690Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92-94Burghound: 90-92Vinous Media: 92-94Decanter: 94DECANTER 94 - "Alex Moreau's parcel of Les Vergers faces easy and sits on limestone-rich soils in the northern part of the village close to St. Aubin. This is a wonderful expression of the Premier Cru, aged in 20% new wood and combining understated power with chalky minerality, notes of vanilla spice and dessicated coconut and a long, mineral-fresh finish. Zippy and focused."
WINE ADVOCATE 92-94 - "With a finished pH of 3.19, the 2018 Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Vergers is one of the raciest wines in the cellar. Exhibiting scents of almond paste, citrus oil and crisp green orchard fruit, it's medium to full-bodied, deep and chiseled, with a textural attack and lovely mid-palate volume, concluding with a long and precise finish."
VINOUS 92-94 - "The 2018 Chassagne-Montrachet Les Vergers 1er Cru has a more reserved and austere bouquet compared to the Clos Saint-Jean, featuring scents of dewy green pasture and mountain streams and more malic in style. The palate is very well balanced with a keen line of acidity, notes of lemon rind mixed with orange pith and a touch of white peach and a little tangerine toward the elegant finish, which brims over with energy. Alex Moreau mentioned that this has the higher acidity of his cuvées, and you can feel it (in a good way)."
- Item #: i_333779Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94-96Wine Spectator: 94Vinous Media: 92-94JEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS: "I think the star of the show in 2018 is the 2018 Châteauneuf Du Pape A La Gloire De Mon Grand-Père, which is almost all Grenache. It reveals a medium ruby color as well as a beautiful bouquet of black raspberries, dried flowers, incense, and Provençal spice to go with a medium to full-bodied, downright sexy style on the palate. With silky tannins, plenty of mid-palate depth, and a great finish, it’s another 2018 that’s loaded with charm and is going to drink nicely for 10-15 years."
WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS: "Deeper, earthier and spicier than the other bottlings, the 2018 Châteauneuf du Pape A la Gloire de Mon Grand-Père is essentially all old-vine Grenache from the La Gardiole lieu dit. Dustings of cinnamon, allspice and clove accent black cherries and loam on the nose, while the full-bodied palate is rich and velvety, ending long and softly dusty. It should be the longest-lived of the magnificent trio of 2018 reds produced at Bosquet des Papes."
- Item #: i_350451Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 96Vinous Media: 96VINOUS 96 POINTS: "The 2016 Chambertin Clos-de-Bèze Grand Cru has a generous and pleasing nose with scents of strawberry preserve, crushed stone, rose petals and subtle orange-blossom. This is refined and transparent. The palate is medium-bodied with chalky tannins. Beautifully balanced, this has a symmetry that is beguiling and classic. A little austere finish suggests it will benefit from several years in bottle. Utterly beguiling with enormous ageing potential."
- Item #: i_345900Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94+ROBERT PARKER 94+ POINTS: "The wine needs a good 7-10 years of cellaring and should keep for 30 more years, but this is the finest Cantemerle I have encountered in my professional career of tasting young vintages (dating back 34 years now). Stunningly deep ruby/purple, with a beautiful nose of spring flowers intermixed with perfumed raspberry and blueberry notes, it exhibits a sort of cool-climate character. Broad, rich and intense on the palate, the wine has plenty of tannins, but they are sweet and well-integrated. Everything is delicately entwined into this beautiful, medium to full-bodied, dense purple wine, which shows stunning character and a prodigious potential for development. This is definitely a major sleeper of the vintage and even better than I thought from barrel. "
- Item #: i_350440Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 94WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS: "Big and powerful, with loads of fruit and chewy tannins. Still just a baby. Full-bodied, with lots of structure and a long, long finish. Give it time.--'95/'96 Bordeaux retrospective. Best after 2010."
- Item #: i_350340Bottle Size: 750mlWines from Le Clos du Caillou are Rhône blends at their most intense. Concentrated and richly textured, these organically raised, older-vine wines capture the spice and silk of old-vine Grenache grown on the region’s finest terroirs. Each wine too reflects the native perfumes of the south, the “garrigue” blend of thyme, rosemary and lavender that grows wild among the estate’s vines. Of all the terroir in the Côtes du Rhône appellation, the “clos” of Caillou has to be one of the most exceptional. Completely surrounded by Châteauneuf-du-Pape vineyards, this walled parcel of land was intentionally left out of the appellation by the owner, following a bureaucratic spat back in 1936. What this means today is that Caillou’s Côtes du Rhône wines are the qualitatively the same, with regard to terroir and exposition, as top Châteauneuf wines.
- Item #: i_349978Bottle Size: 750mlJEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - " Renaissance from Cristia is a beauty! A normal blend of 60% Grenache and 40% Mourvèdre that comes from old vines planted in sandy soils, it reveals a medium ruby/purple color as well as a pure, elegant bouquet of crème de cassis, jammy blackberries, candied violets, incense, and spiced meats. This ripe, powerful, concentrated, and full-bodied, Châteauneuf du Pape has awesome purity, silky tannins, and one hell of a great finish. So of the oak that was present when I tasted this from barrel has integrated nicely and this beauty can be drunk anytime over the coming 15 years."
- Item #: i_350596Bottle Size: 750mlThe beauty of Novellum is it combines the perfectly-ripened fruit and richness you might find in a high-quality California Chardonnay with the brightness and minerality you expect in Burgundy. This combination makes it the perfect crossover wine which appeals to those who enjoy either California or French Chardonnay.
Domaine Lafage is on amazing roll where everything they touch seems to turn to gold; they are producing absolutely gorgeous wines. Lafage first came upon our radar with Bastide Miraflors, Narassa and Tessellae which have been huge hits. We emailed out the previous vintage of Novellum Chardonnay and our customers went nuts for it. We really enjoy this wine and feel it is an amazing value.
This is an excellent "Everyday Drinker" that you can open up during the week to enjoy with dinner or simply unwind with a glass on its own. Domaine Lafage's Novellum is a delicious wine, which would make a terrific case purchase.
- Item #: i_350947Bottle Size: 750mlDecanter: 96DECANTER 96 POINTS - "The Leflaive's 0.73ha of vines in Combettes were planted in 1960 and 1972, and consistently produce very small, intensely flavoured berries. And this is intense stuff, with beeswax, fresh pastry and citrus peel notes, stylish 20% new wood and remarkable palate length. Drinking Window 2021 - 2032."
BURGHOUND 92 - 95 POINTS - "(from 35 to 40 year old vines). A more elegant and airier nose is comprised by pure notes of acacia, spice, tea and a wide range of white-fleshed fruit. The succulent and notably more refined medium-bodied flavors possess an abundance of mouth coating sap that serve to buffer the marked firm acid spine shaping the gorgeously long and classy finish. This is excellent and should prove to be quite long-lived."
- Item #: i_333167Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96James Suckling: 96ROBERT PARKER 96 POINTS: "Composed of 70% Cabernet Sauvignon and 30% Merlot, the medium to deep garnet-brick colored 2000 Ducru-Beaucaillou charges out of the gate with flamboyant scents of baked black currants, raisin cake, prunes, Chinese five spice and eucalyptus plus touches of cigar box, new leather and cast iron pan. Medium-bodied, the palate is remarkably refreshing with all these decadent spice and dried berries layers coating the palate, textured by soft, powdery tannins, finishing long and mineral laced. Stunning!"
- Item #: i_374662Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS-"A 100% Pinot Noir here with a terrific floral nose: violets and red roses, some gently flinty reductive notes and red berries to boot. The palate's impressive thanks to plenty of tannin and a really impressive structure. Bold, long and very pure. Red-cherry-pip finish. Drink now."
- Item #: i_330810Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91JOHN GILMAN 93+ POINTS-"The current release of the Gosset Grande Rosé is primarily based on the 2008 vintage (with five percent reserve wines in the blend) and is a blend of fifty-eight percent chardonnay and forty-two percent pinot noir (with eight percent of the pinot being still red wine in the blend). The Gosset Grande Rosé has always been one of my favorite examples of rosé Champagne, with its pale salmon color and its great elegance. This new release is superb, offering up a pure and complex nose of strawberries, mandarin oranges, chalky minerality, smoke, a touch of cinnamon and a topnote of rose petals. On the palate the wine is deep, full-bodied, zesty and impressively light on its feet, with a great core of fruit, elegant and frothy mousse, excellent focus and a very long, well-balanced and refined finish. High class juice!"
- Item #: i_311555Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91Jeb Dunnuck: 90Guigal is a reference point estate for the Northern Rhone Valley whose name is synonymous with quality. This quality extends from their entry level wines all the way up to the single vineyard Cote Rotie's.
The value priced Cotes du Rhone Rouge and Blanc are amongst our best selling wines as they consistently over-deliver.
Most Rhone red blends are Grenache dominant, but Guigal is based in the Northern Rhone where Syrah is king. This delicious wine is comprised of 50% Syrah, 40% Grenache and 10% Mourvedre. It is rich, full-bodied and made in a crowd-pleasing style. The red received a 91 Point Score from Wine Advocate which called it a "ripe, silky wine that should bring pleasure to thousands of consumers."
At the sale price of $12.99 each, it is a good time to stock up on this delicious daily drinker.
WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "There are an impressive 4.5 million bottles of the 2016 Cotes du Rhone, a ripe, silky wine that should bring pleasure to thousands of consumers. Cherries and raspberries mark the nose, while the medium to full-bodied palate adds nuances of cola, tree bark and spice. Often available at retail for under $15 per bottle, it represents a terrific value."
JEB DUNNUCK 90 POINTS - "As with the white, the quality of the basic Cotes du Rhone is more than noteworthy, especially when you consider the quantity produced. From a great, great vintage for the Southern Rhone, the 2016 Cotes du Rhone shows an upfront, sunny style as well as Provencal notes of spiced red and black fruits, ground pepper, and garrigue. Drink this medium to full-bodied, ripe, sexy effort over the coming 4-6 years. It will evolve even longer."
- Item #: i_334009Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94-96Wine Spectator: 95-98eROBERT PARKER 94-96 POINTS: "As one might expect, this is probably the dry white wine of the vintage. Composed of 70% Semillon and 30% Sauvignon Blanc, it shows no trace of its time spent in 100% new oak, but offers copious notes of lemon oil, orange blossom, honeysuckle, fig and grapefruit. The wine possesses a broad, full-bodied mouthfeel with great precision, freshness and length. Consume it over the next 30+ years."
WINE SPECTATOR 95-98 POINTS: "The pear skin, honeysuckle, chamomile and verbena aromas are all defined already, with an almost creamy feel to the core of white peach, lemon chiffon and macadamia nut notes. Shows remarkable depth and richness, with straw and brioche accents helping the finish glide along beautifully. A stunner, possibly the wine of the vintage. Sauvignon Blanc and Sémillon.—Tasted non-blind. Score range: 95-98" –JM
- Item #: i_375687Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90A very light straw yellow color with lots of bubbles. The nose has light fresh bread, green apple, and a hint of orange. weet and succulent on the palate. Juicy apple. Creamy and warm. As it warms, it has an orange citrus feeling on the midrange. This stuff rocks.
- Item #: i_317706Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90VINOUS WINE MEDIA 90 POINTS>-"The NV Brut Cuve´e de Re´serve is a terrific introduction to the range. Creamy and ample, the Cuve´e de Re´serve offers lovely depth. Pinot drives the blend with its natural texture and resonance. Orchard fruit, dried almond, chamomile and spice are some of the nuances that build in the glass. Silky and beautifully resonant, the Cuve´e de Re´serve is so inviting right now. This release is based on 2017, with reserve wines back to 2014. Dosage is 8 grams per liter. Disgorged: October 15, 2019."
- Item #: i_325268Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92Wine Spectator: 92Burghound: 92JOHN GILMAN VIEW FROM THE CELLAR 92 POINTS -"Like the non-vintage Brut, the Billiot Brut Rosé is comprised of between seventy-five and eighty percent Pinot Noir, with a bit of still red wine blended in to give its lovely salmon color. As with all of the Billiot bottlings, the vins clairs do not go through malo. The excellent bouquet jumps from the glass in a pure and classy blend of white cherries, tangerine, a touch of cinnamon, wheat toast, gentle smokiness and a complex base of chalky minerality. On the palate the wine is deep, full-bodied, crisp and nascently complex, with a fine core, pinpoint bubbles and lovely length and grip on the poised, focused and zesty finish. This is not as expressive on the palate today as it is aromatically, but all of the constituent components are in place for an exquisite bottle of Brut Rosé with a bit more bottle age, so just tuck this lovely bottle away in a cool corner of the cellar for a couple of years and let time work its magic- it will be well worth the wait! 2018-2030+."
STEPHEN TANZER'S INTERNATIONAL WINE CELLAR 92 POINTS "(75% pinot noir and 25% chardonnay; 50% of the wine is from 2009, 25% from 2008 and 25% from 2007; disgorged June, 2011): Light orange. High-pitched aromas of redcurrant and strawberry, with deeper rhubarb and rose oil nuances and a hint of white pepper. Bright and nervy on the palate, showing tangy red berry and blood orange flavors that gain flesh and weight with air. Closes on a chalky note, with very good energy and lingering spiciness."
WINE SPECTATOR 92 - "An undercurrent of minerality supports ripe black cherry and black raspberry flavors, with hints of pastry, cream and candied grapefruit peel. Finely meshed and focused by vibrant acidity. Disgorged March 2011. Drink now through 2016."
- Item #: i_344311Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93eROBERT PARKER 93 POINTS: "The 2013 Charmes-Chambertin Très Vieilles Vignes has a broody, surprisingly introspective bouquet with raspberry coulis, blackcurrant and sous-bois notes, although to be frank it does not put any gap between itself and the 2013 Gevrey Fontenys. The palate is medium-bodied with fine definition, not quite as sensual as other Charmes-Chambertins that I have tasted, just a prickle of white pepper towards the finish, but it declines offering that knockout punch on the finish. And as such, pound for pound I prefer the Fontenys this year that seems to possess the same level of complexity."
- Item #: i_350592Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94-96Burghound: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 - 96 POINTS - "The 2015 La Grande Rue Grand Cru, from the 1.65-hectare monopole, has a very fine bouquet, quite open and expressive with red cherry, bergamot, early grey and light earthy scents that unfold in the glass. The palate is medium-bodied with fine definition. There is superb tension on the entry and conspicuous salinity here. It is not a powerful La Grande Rue but in keeping with Nicole Lamarche's vision, pursues elegance and style. Yet the persistence is very long, so much so that I have written this entire tasting note and I can still feel my mouth tingling! This is superb."
BURGHOUND 94 POINTS - "This perfumed beauty displays fireworks in a glass with its kaleidoscopic nose of super spicy, floral and cool red and dark berry nose. The middle weight flavors are less concentrated and powerful than those of the Grands Ech but markedly finer with a caressing and sophisticated mouthfeel that carries over to the rich finish that once again tightens up noticeably on the impeccably well-balanced and strikingly persistent finish. While at least some patience will also be required this classy effort should be approachable sooner than the Grands Ech. 2030+"
- Item #: i_332410Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The NV Brut Rose Premier Cru offers an enticing floral life to its notes of mint, roses, pomegranate and sweet spices. This powerful, mineral-driven wine possesses tons of depth and personality in a vinous style that will blossom to the fullest at the dinner table. The Champagne continues to grow in the glass, suggesting it is still holding much of its potential in reserve. This is another compelling wine from Guy Larmandier. The estate’s Rose is based on the Brut Premier Cru blend, plus about 12% still Pinot from Vertus."
From writer Peter Liem: ""This estate is related to both Larmandier-Bernier, in Vertus, and Pierre Gimonnet, in Cuis, as well as to Waris-Larmandier in Avize. Guy Larmandier's brother, Philippe, was the father of Pierre Larmandier, proprietor of Larmandier-Bernier. Guy's sister, Françoise Larmandier, married Michel Gimonnet, father of Olivier and Didier Gimonnet, who run the estate of Pierre Gimonnet today. Currently the Guy Larmandier estate is in the hands of Guy's son, François. François's sister, Marie-Hélène, is married to Vincent Waris, and together they formed the estate of Waris-Larmandier, although Marie-Hélène divides her time between the two estates. Larmandier's cuvées are separated by terroir: from the vines in Vertus, Larmandier produces a non-vintage brut, packaged in a white label and composed of 90 percent chardonnay and 10 percent pinot noir. This also serves as the base for the brut rosé, made with the addition of red wine from Vertus. "
- Item #: i_350861Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Wine Spectator: 93James Suckling: 95JAMES SUCKLING 95 POINTS - "Coffee and currants with hints of sweet tobacco and vanilla bean. Subtle yet intense. Full body, with sexy tannins and a sweet fruit coating around it. Very fine and linear. Direct. Gorgeous. Better than I remember."
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Intense, with a bold, roasted apple wood note out front and anise-infused plum and blackberry fruit surrounding the core. Lots of bramble, tar and warm stone accents course through the finish. Displays impressive range and grip."
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The second wine of Haut-Brion is now called Le Clarence de Haut-Brion, and the 2010 is among the finest I have tasted there. It is a broad, powerful and more muscular wine than its cross-street rival, La Chapelle de la Mission, but all the same, it is wonderfully fresh and precise, with notes of blueberry and boysenberry as well as hints of smoke and wet stones. Endowed with gorgeous fruit, texture, purity and elegance, this relatively dense second wine demonstrates how draconian the selection process has become for the top estates in Bordeaux in recent years. The blend of this wine is 52% Merlot, 36% Cabernet Sauvignon and the rest mostly Cabernet Franc with just a touch of Petit Verdot. I would expect it to last at least 20 years, which is remarkable