- Item #: i_376417Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93The Avizoise is made from Les Robards and Voie d'Epernay, fermented in neutral 600-liter barrels and bottled with four grams of dosage.
- Item #: i_378247Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS-"A smooth, gently round and nicely balanced Champagne dominant in pinot meunier, pinot noir and chardonnay to boot. It has attractive lemon citrus flavors and is really punchy, refined and gently nutty. A smooth, pastry-like texture comes to the fore on the finish. Drink now."
WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The NV Brut Premier Cru is a gorgeous wine, and a great introduction to the house style. Lemon, white flowers, mint, crushed rocks are some of the many notes that take shape in the glass as this refined Champagne shows off its impeccable class and total pedigree. The Premier Cru is 45% Pinot Meunier, 25% Pinot Noir, 25% Chardonnay and 5% Arbanne, Petit Meslier and Fromenteau. The high percentage of red grapes is felt in the wine’s breadth, while the aromas and flavors remain fresh, vibrant and beautifully nuanced throughout. This is a fabulous entry-level offering."
- Item #: i_334003Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 100ROBERT PARKER 100 POINTS - "Proprietor Alain Vauthier has produced a prodigious wine that captures the essence of Ausone's terroir. A saturated black/purple color is followed by sensational aromas of ink, cherries, blackberries, blueberries, and that wet stones/liquid minerality characteristic. The wine has phenomenal presence on the palate as well as astonishing richness and purity. Despite its extract, power, and richness, it is remarkably light, with a surreal delicacy. It is a tour de force in winemaking and a compelling expression of this magical terroir. It should prove to be legendary, but sadly, anyone over the age of 50 will probably not live to see it come close to maturity. Anticipated maturity: 2020-2075."
- Item #: i_345550Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "One of the more polished, sexy examples of the cuvee, the 2015 Côtes du Roussillon Villages Latour de France Occultum Lapidem checks in as a blend of 50% Syrah, 40% Grenache and the balance Carignan and Mourvèdre, aged all in concrete tanks. It boasts killer notes of black raspberries, cassis, pepper and licorice, with just a hint of chocolate appearing with time in the glass. This medium to full-bodied, layered and beautifully textured red is an incredible value and will be impossible to resist over the coming 4-5 years, and I'm sure it will keep even longer."
- Item #: i_350591Bottle Size: 750mlDecanter: 94 PointsDECANTER 94 POINTS: "Lashings of blackberry and liquorice, dark chocolate with a core of freshness. This was the point at which Fonplégade started to hit it out of the park. You would think it was a 2015 or a 2016 given its generosity and finesse. Brilliantly judged oak too."
- Item #: i_350880Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 94 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "Longtime readers will know that I love this cuvée, which is year in, year out, one of the great value buys out there. The 2017 Terrasses is even better than the 2016 and ranks with the finest vintages I’ve tasted, matching the stunning 2010. The essence of kirsch liqueur, wild strawberries, and wildflowers flow to a full-bodied, plump, deep, beautifully layered and sexy wine that has medium to full body, ripe tannins, notable minerality, and a great finish. A blend of 60% Grenache and 40% Syrah that was all destemmed and brought up in concrete tanks, this is a raw, naked expression of this fabulous terroir located just south of Mount Ventoux."
- Item #: i_349955Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92-94Wine Spectator: 96WINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS: "This is tightly coiled, with intense raspberry and cherry reduction notes waiting to unwind, but held in check for now by myriad licorice, iron, rooibos tea and singed alder details. Shows terrific cut and tension through the finish, revealing a blaze of minerality. Just needs some time to harmonize fully."
- Item #: i_345083Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 95-97Wine Spectator: 96-99eROBERT PARKER 95-97 POINTS: "The Château Cheval Blanc 2014 is a blend of 45% Cabernet Franc and 55% Merlot, picked from 19 September until 8 October. The alcohol level is 13.25% matured in 100% new oak, which Pierre Lurton told me was prolonged due to the heterogenous soils and wanting to wait for the Cabernet Franc on clay soils to reach full maturity. It is quintessential Cheval Blanc on the nose: predominantly red fruit here rather than black, touches of incense and dried roses, a dab of liquorice underneath. The Cabernet Franc is the engine behind the aromatics. The palate is medium-bodied with grainy tannin. This is not a silky smooth Cheval Blanc – here there is an graininess to the tannin that exert a gentle grip in the mouth. It is a complex and cerebral wine with cracked black pepper on the almost ferrous finish. Like the second wine, it is linear and fresh, in some ways reminiscent of the string of superb wines produced in the 1980s. This is a formidable Cheval Blanc whose evolution will be fascinating to witness."
WINE SPECTATOR 96-99 POINTS: "Reserved aromatically for now, but this has a lot at its clutch, with remarkably silky plum, currant and raspberry fruit inlaid seamlessly with alder, rooibos tea and bergamot notes. There's a fine minerality that stretches out the finish, with remarkable cut, delineation and finesse. This is gorgeous.—Tasted non-blind." –JM
VINOUSMEDIA 93-96 POINTS: "The 2014 Cheval Blanc is delicate, saline and beautifully layered throughout. Mocha, dark cherries, plums, menthol and new leather are all pushed forward in a mid-weight, gracious Cheval Blanc that impresses with its superb overall balance and pure harmony. Cabernet Franc, 45% of this year's blend, is super-expressive in the glass. Sweet rose petal, violet, mint and herbs are laced into the sensual finish. Here too, the style is resonant, generous and inviting, with beams of acidity and salinity that convey brightness."
- Item #: i_350340Bottle Size: 750mlWines from Le Clos du Caillou are Rhône blends at their most intense. Concentrated and richly textured, these organically raised, older-vine wines capture the spice and silk of old-vine Grenache grown on the region’s finest terroirs. Each wine too reflects the native perfumes of the south, the “garrigue” blend of thyme, rosemary and lavender that grows wild among the estate’s vines. Of all the terroir in the Côtes du Rhône appellation, the “clos” of Caillou has to be one of the most exceptional. Completely surrounded by Châteauneuf-du-Pape vineyards, this walled parcel of land was intentionally left out of the appellation by the owner, following a bureaucratic spat back in 1936. What this means today is that Caillou’s Côtes du Rhône wines are the qualitatively the same, with regard to terroir and exposition, as top Châteauneuf wines.
- Item #: i_350198Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 97Vinous Media: 95Decanter: 98 PointsJeb Dunnuck: 100 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 100 POINTS: "Another perfect wine from this brilliant estate is the 2016 Châteauneuf-du-Pape, which matches the otherworldly 2007. A classic blend of 60% Grenache, 30% Mourvèdre and 10% Syrah brought up all in old foudre, this beauty's deep purple color is followed by a mammoth bouquet of kirsch liqueur, black currants, blueberries, Asian spices, and garrigue. Full-bodied, concentrated, and powerful, it nevertheless is as graceful as a ballerina on the palate and has ultra-fine tannins, a silky, seamless texture, and a finish that just won't quit. Hats off to vigneron Paul-Vincent Avril!"
ROBERT PARKER 97 POINTS: "The 2016 Chateauneuf du Pape is full-bodied but balanced, with plenty of richness and concentration but also a certain paradoxical lightness. It offers complex garrigue and anise notes, a blend of cherry and raspberry fruit, a silky texture and a long finish that shows no sign of the wine's 15.8% alcohol. For technocrats, the wine's pH is 3.7, which is sufficient acidity to maintain a fine sense of balance. This lovely wine should drink well for at least two decades. Together with the 2015 and the 2017, it will be a compelling trio of wines to follow over the years."
DECANTER 98 POINTS: "Yields are always low at Clos des Papes, but this was Vincent Avril's biggest harvest since 2007, with yields of 25hl/ha. A tasting of various different blends highlighted the part played by each main variety, but the final blend shows a young wine that is already aromatically harmonious, bright and detailed. It's fuller-bodied than an average vintage, deep yet fresh. It has a powerful tannic and acidic framework this year, but the wine is very well balanced and very long, with a sublime freshness. An effortlessly brilliant Clos des Papes."
- Item #: i_350942Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 89-91ROBERT PARKER 89-91 POINTS: "The Clos Floridene 2014 has a crisp, quite minerally bouquet that is well defined and focused. These aromatics possess charm and personality. The palate is medium-bodied with firm, slightly dry tannin but with plenty of Graves-like character coming through on the cool and classic finish. This is a well crafted wine but hey, we take that as given nowadays."
- Item #: i_328805Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 96Wine Spectator: 97WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS -"Hints of toast and lime blossom on the nose accent the palate's apricot, lemon pastry, candied ginger and crystallized honey flavors in this rich and creamy blanc de blancs. Firm and finely balanced by a china-like frame of acidity, with the finish echoing hints of smoke, coffee liqueur and spice. Disgorged September 2017. Drink now through 2028."
- Item #: i_312452Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 92-94Vinous Media: 92-94Decanter: 95 PointsDECANTER 95 POINTS - "Cyprien Arlaud's 1ha block of Charmes is in the upper part of Mazoyères, close to Latricières-Chambertin. Showing aromas of liquorice, clove and sweet spices, this is chalky and stylish, with deftly applied 20% new oak adding some structure on the finish."
- Item #: i_333216Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90-92JEB DUNNUCK 90-92 POINTS: "The largest production effort is the 2016 Saint Joseph Silice, which offers lots of blackberry jam, Asian spice, and peppered meat aromas and flavors. This ripe, sexy, beautifully textured 2016 is going to be another terrific value for the true wine lovers and drinkers out there. I continue to love the wines from the young Jerome Coursodon, who pulls from roughly 16 hectares of vines all in the southern part of Saint Joseph, mostly just outside the village of Mauves. The 2015s are monster, blockbuster styled efforts that I suspect won’t appeal to the traditionalists out there, but are singular wines. The 2016s are more elegant and finesse-driven, yet still pack in more sweet fruit than just about everyone else out there."
- Item #: i_350493Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Wine Spectator: 94WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS: "This is intense, with fig, blackberry and plum compote flavors rolling over one another, while worn leather, Turkish coffee and well-roasted mesquite notes form a ring around them. Overall this is rich and dense, yet there’s definition throughout. Only needs time to knit fully before delivering its peak experience. Grenache, Syrah and Mourvèdre. Best from 2020 through 2035."
- Item #: i_350882Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Wine Spectator: 95Jeb Dunnuck: 97 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "From a cooler terroir of sandy soils just beside the domaine, the 2016 Gigondas Le Lieu Dit is another tour de force from this brilliant estate. It sports a medium ruby color as well as a rocking bouquet of kirsch, blackberry liqueur, rose petals, damp earth, incense, and spice. Ultra-fine, seamless, elegant, and pure, it's nevertheless powerful and rich, with awesome intensity. Readers need to snatch up this blockbuster."
- Item #: i_350964Bottle Size: 750mlThis Premier Cru Volnay competes with the greats. Dense, deep, and wildly expressive, “Santenots-du-Milieu” is a towering achievement from one of Burgundy’s top organic and biodynamic producers: Dominique Lafon. This man spearheaded the movement toward organics in Burgundy and is widely celebrated for crafting singularly pure, terroir-defining wines—wines that are at once “natural” but also sublimely clean and precise in every way. “Santenots-du-Milieu” is ground zero for classic Pinot Noir.
- Item #: i_334309Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90+Burghound: 91WINE ADVOCATE 90+ POINTS - "Aromas of cassis, rich loamy soil, espresso roast and incense introduce the 2016 Gevrey-Chambertin Champs-Chenys Vieilles Vignes, a medium to full-bodied wine that's quite firm and tangy this year, displaying impressive depth of fruit but also structuring acids and tannins that will require some bottle age."
- Item #: i_324102Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92-94eROBERT PARKER 92-94 POINTS - "Similar to the classic cuvée, only richer, the 2013 Chateauneuf du Papes Les Petits Pieds d’Armand (100% Grenache from the sandy parts of La Crau) knocks it out of the park with its Bing cherry, kirsch, red licorice and floral aromas and flavors. It’s medium to full-bodied, voluptuous and textured, all while staying nicely focused and elegant. There’s enough sweet tannin here to allow it to evolve gracefully, but the overall feel is one of upfront fruit and texture."
- Item #: i_311338Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91Wine Spectator: 92Vinous Media: 91-93James Suckling: 94JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "Much older vines, with close to a 100-year-old average. This has a cherry and pepper edge to it. Very plush and even, elegant and refreshing. The stems are perfectly integrated. Elegant, lithe and profound. Layered and long, builds freshness. Drink now."
WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Still youthfully tight, with singed alder and dried lavender notes framing a coiled core of cassis, damson plum and bitter cherry fruit. The long sanguine- and mineral-edged finish will need some time to unwind fully. Best from 2019 through 2027."
WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - " I preferred the Domaine Les Pallieres 2015 Gigondas Les Racines, which comes from 75-year-old vines (80% Grenache) at lower elevation. There's a sassafras-like spice note to this wine, along with ripe cherries and hints of clove and allspice. Like the Terrasse de Diable, it's full-bodied and silky in texture, but the Racines seems to carry its alcohol better. Both of these Gigondas are matured exclusively in 60-hectoliter foudres, so there's no obvious oak influence.
- Item #: i_345209Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93eROBERT PARKER 93 POINTS: "Even better, the 2011 Cote Rotie Grandes Places is a slightly more long-term prospect. Offering up plenty of chocolate, espresso, bacon fat, smoked meats and gorgeous blackberry/cassis-styled fruit, this medium to full-bodied, layered effort has vibrant acidity, excellent mid-palate depth and fine tannin. Give it 3-4 years in the cellar and enjoy over the following decade."
- Item #: i_351163Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95ROBERT PARKER 95 POINTS: "The 2015 Chateauneuf du Pape Les Saintes Vierges is the most flattering of Santa Duc's current releases, offering lushness and generosity on the palate, notes of cherries and licorice, creamy-supple tannins and a mouthwatering finish. It's a blend of Grenache, Mourvèdre and Counoise.Domaine Santa Duc Les Saintes Vierges is made from a blend of 90% Grenache, 9% Mourvedre and 1% Counoise."
- Item #: i_350410Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92ROBERT PARKER 92 POINTS: "A wine of extraordinary charm and elegance, the dark garnet-colored 1985 Ducru-Beaucaillou has a floral, cedary nose intermixed with red and black currants as well as flowers. The wine is fully mature and soft, with beautiful concentration and purity. It is not a blockbuster, and certainly not nearly as powerful and massive as the 1986, but it is certainly much more seductive. This wine should continue to drink well for at least another 10-15 years."
This wine was inspected for quality, refilled and recorked at the Chateau in 2011.
- Item #: i_311862Bottle Size: 750MLWe recently tasted this wine and were blown away! The fruit and floral aromatics immediately caught our attention and the fireworks began when we tasted the great purity, balance and freshness of this wine. This collaboration between the historic domaine and the great importer Kermit Lynch is absolutely delicious and represents an insane value.
This Beaujolais drinks like a much more expensive Cru Beaujolais-it's that good!! This is one of those crowd-pleasing wines everybody will enjoy.
Tradition runs deep in the family and the estate perched above a narrow creek in the hamlet of Le Breuil has been in operation since 1512. The 50-100 year old Gamay vines are grown primarily on granite-based soil with the remainder a mix of clay and limestone. The Dupeuble family tends their vineyards without any chemicals or synthetic fertilizers with the grapes harvested manually and vinified completely without SO2. The wines are fermented using natural yeasts and are bottled without filtering to preserve the intensity of flavor.
There are very few wines in the world that can compete with this quality at such a great price. This is one to stock up on and enjoy as your new house red.
This gorgeous red is deep purple in color with riveting aromatics. A farmer's market feast awaits as blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, boysenberries, violets and cinnamon greet the nose. On the palate, this wine is medium-bodied yet layered with a rich, smooth texture. The fruits listed above cascade across the palate with a freshness that has us asking for another glass. A knock out!
- Item #: i_345056Bottle Size: 750MLStrong oak influence, but with just enough restraint to maintain balance. Superb fruit intensity on the palate, with a lovely medicinal note adding complexity. Savoury and gastronomic on the finish. This delivers a lot of satisfaction.