- Item #: i_345130Bottle Size: 750MLBurghound: 92-95BURGHOUND 92 - 95 POINTS - " This is also brooding to the point of being almost inexpressive and it is only with aggressive swirling that reluctant aromas of pungent earth, spice, floral, dark currant and mocha notes emerge. This is a seriously powerful and concentrated Maz with its muscular big-bodied flavors that also possess a hugely long finish on the almost painfully intense finale. This is terrific and should amply reward longer-term cellaring and note too that it's going to need it as this is very structured though not hard or tough."
- Item #: i_334074Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94-96Burghound: 92-95BURGHOUND 92-95 POINTS "DON'T MISS": "Once again this was not vinified by Jadot. This too is remarkably broad-ranging with its relatively expressive nose of cool red and dark fruit, spice, earth, game, underbrush, floral and exotic tea scented aromas. There is an almost pungent minerality to the overtly powerful and intense big-bodied flavors that exude a controlled power on the imposingly long finish where an interesting hint of tobacco appears. This is impressive though again note well that this will require all of 15 years to arrive at its peak and 18 to 20 would not surprise me."
eROBERT PARKER 94-96 POINTS: "The 2013 Chambertin Grand Cru has a sense of length and breadth on the nose: delve in to find red and yellow plum, wild strawberry, heather, forest floor and sage aromas that are well defined. The palate is medium-bodied with fine tannins, moderate weight in the mouth, but it is more a sense of focus and symmetry that really lifts this Chambertin. Fresh and vibrant with the mineral component becoming accentuated towards the linear finish, this is a Chambertin that will require several years in bottle."
- Item #: i_350701Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95-97Burghound: 93-96WINE ADVOCATE 95 - 97 POINTS - "The 2015 Chambertin Clos de Bèze Grand Cru has another very composed and delineated bouquet that for me attests more complexity and terroir-expression than the Chambertin. This is just exquisite - you can feel the vineyard here. The palate is medium-bodied with very fine tannin, a keen line of acidity, very supple tannins with a surfeit of finesse and refinement on the finish. This is one of the best releases from Louis Jadot this vintage out of over 100 samples reviewed. These tasting notes belong under the umbrella of "Louis Jadot", though it should be pointed out that these bottlings are under "Domaine Louis Jadot", that is to say that the company owns the vines rather than through contracts with growers. See also "Maison Louis Jadot", "Domaine Gagey" and "Domaine des Héritiers Jadot". (12/2016)
BURGHOUND 93 - 96 POINTS - "Plenty of wood and menthol elements mark the wonderfully spicy and notably ripe nose that combines notes of red berry fruit liqueur, a panoply of spices and a whisper of mocha. The highly seductive and concentrated flavors possess an opulent mid-palate mouth feel that is borderline unctuous, all wrapped in a gorgeously long, complex and well-balanced finish. While the sheer density of material should enable this to be approached after only a decade or so, if you wish to see it at its peak, this too is pretty much a “buy and forget you own it” wine. (93-96)/2035+ (4/2017)"
- Item #: i_350027Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 92-95BURGHOUND 92 - 95 POINTS - "Reduction completely obscures the other aromas. As is usually the case the big-bodied flavors possess more size, weight and power and I particularly like the intensity flashed by the austere and backward yet remarkably deep and long finish. This is an imposing yet well-balanced effort that should age effortlessly for years to come."
- Item #: i_345845Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93-95Burghound: 92-95 "SWEET SPOT, OVinous Media: 95 PointsDecanter: 95JOHN GILMAN 96 POINTS -"The 2017 Domaine Chevillon Vaucrains is deep, pure and supremely elegant out of the blocks this year, with the nose offering up a gorgeous aromatic blend of black cherries, pomegranate, dark chocolate, gamebird, woodsmoke, complex soil tones, a hint of nutskin and a bit of cedary new oak. On the palate the wine is very pure, full-bodied and the most reserved wine in the cellars today, with a rock solid core of fruit, exceptional transparency, ripe, perfectly integrated tannins and superb focus and grip on the very, very long and promising finish. The wine turns nicely sappy on the backend and shows off some of its future greatness."
DECANTER 95 POINTS -"Les Vaucrains is marked by its proximity to the combe at the southern end of Nuits-St-Georges, which gives the wine an added lift of freshness. Like Les St-Georges which abuts it, this is quite a firm, shuttered wine with an overlay of 30% new wood, good concentration, fine tannins and enough backbone and acidity to age."
WINE ADVOCATE 93-95 POINTS -"As usual, the 2017 Nuits-Saint-Georges 1er Cru Les Vaucrains is the most structured, tight-knit wine in the Chevillon cellar, unwinding in the glass with aromas of cassis, dark chocolate and rich soil, framed by smoky new oak. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, richly tannic and concentrated, with imposingly broad shouldered structure and a deep, reserved core. Again, patience will be required and rewarded."
VINOUS 93-95 POINTS -"The 2017 Nuits Saint-Georges Les Vaucrains 1er Cru has a little more precision than the Les Saint-Georges on the nose: the terroir more articulated, greater energy conveyed by the aromatics. The pure, precise palate is beautifully balanced with filigreed tannin and an effervescent and very sustained finish that is pure class. This could well be the standout from Chevillon this year. A wine from the top drawer."
BURGHOUND 92-94 POINTS SWEET SPOT, OUTSTANDING! -"Relatively generous wood fights a bit with the otherwise cool and pure aromas of extract of cassis, plum, humus, earth and suggestions of the sauvage. As is usually the case chez Chevillon, this is a very powerful wine with imposing size and weight with fine mid-palate density thanks to the abundant dry extract that also helps to buffer the very firm tannic spine that really emerges on the beautifully long finale."