- Item #: i_350451Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 96Vinous Media: 96VINOUS 96 POINTS: "The 2016 Chambertin Clos-de-Bèze Grand Cru has a generous and pleasing nose with scents of strawberry preserve, crushed stone, rose petals and subtle orange-blossom. This is refined and transparent. The palate is medium-bodied with chalky tannins. Beautifully balanced, this has a symmetry that is beguiling and classic. A little austere finish suggests it will benefit from several years in bottle. Utterly beguiling with enormous ageing potential."
- Item #: i_350155Bottle Size: 750MLBurghound: 94BURGHOUND 94 POINTS - "The wood treatment has been almost completely integrated and allows the similar but more reserved, riper and more densely fruited and floral-suffused nose to display its charms while leading to elegant, pure and every bit as serious formidably-scaled flavors brimming with dry extract on the textured, concentrated and palate staining finish that seems to go on and on. Like the regular cuvée, there is less youthful austerity here than I'm used to seeing with more overall depth of material. A terrific '07 but note that ample patience will be required."
- Item #: i_345130Bottle Size: 750MLBurghound: 92-95BURGHOUND 92 - 95 POINTS - " This is also brooding to the point of being almost inexpressive and it is only with aggressive swirling that reluctant aromas of pungent earth, spice, floral, dark currant and mocha notes emerge. This is a seriously powerful and concentrated Maz with its muscular big-bodied flavors that also possess a hugely long finish on the almost painfully intense finale. This is terrific and should amply reward longer-term cellaring and note too that it's going to need it as this is very structured though not hard or tough."
- Item #: i_345629Bottle Size: 750MLBurghound: 92 - 95BURGHOUND 92 - 95 POINTS -"Don't Miss - Outstanding! This is also gorgeously spicy with ripe and very fresh black cherry, red currant and sandalwood aromas. There is superb intensity to the overtly mineral-driven and beautifully delineated middle weight flavors that are shaped by a very firm but not hard tannic spine as there is good phenolic maturity here. I very much like the balance of the long and quite serious finale that is an exercise in harmony, indeed this could aptly be described as quite Zen-like. In a word, brilliant."
- Item #: i_350592Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94-96Burghound: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 - 96 POINTS - "The 2015 La Grande Rue Grand Cru, from the 1.65-hectare monopole, has a very fine bouquet, quite open and expressive with red cherry, bergamot, early grey and light earthy scents that unfold in the glass. The palate is medium-bodied with fine definition. There is superb tension on the entry and conspicuous salinity here. It is not a powerful La Grande Rue but in keeping with Nicole Lamarche's vision, pursues elegance and style. Yet the persistence is very long, so much so that I have written this entire tasting note and I can still feel my mouth tingling! This is superb."
BURGHOUND 94 POINTS - "This perfumed beauty displays fireworks in a glass with its kaleidoscopic nose of super spicy, floral and cool red and dark berry nose. The middle weight flavors are less concentrated and powerful than those of the Grands Ech but markedly finer with a caressing and sophisticated mouthfeel that carries over to the rich finish that once again tightens up noticeably on the impeccably well-balanced and strikingly persistent finish. While at least some patience will also be required this classy effort should be approachable sooner than the Grands Ech. 2030+"
- Item #: i_334074Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94-96Burghound: 92-95BURGHOUND 92-95 POINTS "DON'T MISS": "Once again this was not vinified by Jadot. This too is remarkably broad-ranging with its relatively expressive nose of cool red and dark fruit, spice, earth, game, underbrush, floral and exotic tea scented aromas. There is an almost pungent minerality to the overtly powerful and intense big-bodied flavors that exude a controlled power on the imposingly long finish where an interesting hint of tobacco appears. This is impressive though again note well that this will require all of 15 years to arrive at its peak and 18 to 20 would not surprise me."
eROBERT PARKER 94-96 POINTS: "The 2013 Chambertin Grand Cru has a sense of length and breadth on the nose: delve in to find red and yellow plum, wild strawberry, heather, forest floor and sage aromas that are well defined. The palate is medium-bodied with fine tannins, moderate weight in the mouth, but it is more a sense of focus and symmetry that really lifts this Chambertin. Fresh and vibrant with the mineral component becoming accentuated towards the linear finish, this is a Chambertin that will require several years in bottle."
- Item #: i_321252Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92-94Burghound: 92-94BURGHOUND 92-94 POINTS: "Here the nose is quite similar to that of the Ech though there is a bit more overall complexity. In the same vein there is a bit more size, weight, richness and muscle to the dusty and mouth coating flavors that also possess a firmer tannic spine that is well-buffered by the profusion of sap, all wrapped in a dense, powerful and impressively long finish. This is definitely going to need plenty of time in bottle to reach its full apogee."
eROBERT PARKER 92-94 POINTS: "The 2013 Grands Echezeaux Grand Cru has more fruit intensity on the nose than its little brother, although not quite the same endearing delineation. The palate is medium-bodied with fine tannin, good depth, a touch of dried blood infusing the red berry fruit with commendable precision on the long finish. Everything seems to be held back at the moment, so give it several years in bottle."
- Item #: i_334075Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 89-90Burghound: 91-93BURGHOUND 91-93 POINTS: "Here too Barnier noted that this was not vinified by Jadot. There is plenty of oak and menthol character on the nose that presently all but renders the spicy red currant aromas invisible. As one would reasonably expect the middle weight and lightly mineral-inflected flavors possess a more refined mouth feel as well as deliver better depth and length on the firm but not hard or even particularly austere finale. Patience will be required though."
eROBERT PARKER 89-90 POINTS: "The 2013 Griotte-Chambertin Grand Cru has a more leathery, mushroom-scented bouquet - plenty of undergrowth - but not the same delineation or complexity as the Mazis-Chambertin '13 at the moment. The palate is medium-bodied and shows more freshness and class than the aromatics, with orange sorbet and Chinese 5-spice towards the elegant finish. It is just the aromatics that let the side down."
- Item #: i_345289Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 88-90Burghound: 89-92BURGHOUND 89-92 POINTS: "Plentiful wood and menthol scents serves as a less than subtle backdrop for the ripe and very fresh red and dark currant, sauvage and strong earth aromas. There is excellent richness to the full-bodied and overtly muscular flavors that possess fine power on the firm and palate coating finish. The somewhat rustic tannins are buffered by the abundant dry extract and the overall impression of this bold effort is one of a classic, indeed even old school, Vaucrains."
- Item #: i_350701Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95-97Burghound: 93-96WINE ADVOCATE 95 - 97 POINTS - "The 2015 Chambertin Clos de Bèze Grand Cru has another very composed and delineated bouquet that for me attests more complexity and terroir-expression than the Chambertin. This is just exquisite - you can feel the vineyard here. The palate is medium-bodied with very fine tannin, a keen line of acidity, very supple tannins with a surfeit of finesse and refinement on the finish. This is one of the best releases from Louis Jadot this vintage out of over 100 samples reviewed. These tasting notes belong under the umbrella of "Louis Jadot", though it should be pointed out that these bottlings are under "Domaine Louis Jadot", that is to say that the company owns the vines rather than through contracts with growers. See also "Maison Louis Jadot", "Domaine Gagey" and "Domaine des Héritiers Jadot". (12/2016)
BURGHOUND 93 - 96 POINTS - "Plenty of wood and menthol elements mark the wonderfully spicy and notably ripe nose that combines notes of red berry fruit liqueur, a panoply of spices and a whisper of mocha. The highly seductive and concentrated flavors possess an opulent mid-palate mouth feel that is borderline unctuous, all wrapped in a gorgeously long, complex and well-balanced finish. While the sheer density of material should enable this to be approached after only a decade or so, if you wish to see it at its peak, this too is pretty much a “buy and forget you own it” wine. (93-96)/2035+ (4/2017)"
- Item #: i_345631Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92-94Burghound: 94BURGHOUND 94 POINTS: "A discreet application of wood is present on the exceptionally spicy nose of equally pure, cool and airy extract of red and dark berry fruit, violet and Asian-style tea aromas. There is good size and weight to the tautly muscled but suave, intense and detailed medium weight plus flavors that are underpinned by firm tannins and evident minerality on the succulent and mouth coating finish. This is perhaps a bit richer than it normally is at this early stage and should be approachable a bit earlier than usual but overall 2014 is a fantastic vintage for the Drouhin PM. Highly recommended."
eROBERTPARKER 92-94 POINTS: "The 2014 Vosne Romanée 1er Cru les Petits Monts was picked on September 16 and contains 20% whole cluster fruit. Due to be bottled next spring, it has a very fragrant, quite floral bouquet with black cherries, blueberry, minerals and rose petals -- very seductive and detailed. The palate is medium-bodied with svelte, quite lush black fruit, saline in the mouth with very fine tannins interlacing the finish. This is beautiful Petits Monts from Drouhin."
VINOUSMEDIA 91-92 POINTS: "(from a crop level of 28 hectoliters per hectare): Healthy red-ruby. Deeply pitched aromas of dark fruits, licorice and menthol reminded me a bit of Richebourg. Bone-dry and uncompromising in the mouth, with concentrated, well-delineated mineral and floral flavors dominating in the early going. Finishes with serious but fine-grained tannins and lovely floral persistence. Serious, firm and built to age." -- Stephen Tanzer
- Item #: i_350027Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 92-95BURGHOUND 92 - 95 POINTS - "Reduction completely obscures the other aromas. As is usually the case the big-bodied flavors possess more size, weight and power and I particularly like the intensity flashed by the austere and backward yet remarkably deep and long finish. This is an imposing yet well-balanced effort that should age effortlessly for years to come."
- Item #: i_321337Bottle Size: 750MLBurghound: 91-93It was in 1830 that the GROS family set up in Vosne-Romanée. Today, Michel GROS, sixth generation of this dynasty of winemakers, continues and develops the work undertaken by his ancestors, as do his sister (Domaine AF Gros), his brother (Domaine Gros Frère et Soeur) and his cousin (Domaine Anne Gros). Passionate but also very rigorous, Michel GROS brings constant care to the development of his wines, by mastering all the stages of production, from vine through to bottling. Modest and unassuming, he expresses himself through his wines: generous, fine, elegant, of reliable and even quality. Michel GROS and all his team invite you to discover this universe of hard work and exigency, but also of sharing and passion.
- Item #: i_334228Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92Burghound: 91WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Rossignol had already bottled the 2017 Volnay 1er Cru Clos des Angles to capture its boisterous fruit, and the wine is undeniably lovely, soaring from the glass with aromas of rose petal, plums, raspberries and dark chocolate. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, satiny and succulent, with a gourmand core of fruit, melting tannins and lovely purity. It's already hard to resist."
- Item #: i_322619Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90-93Burghound: 89-91WINE ADVOCATE 90-93 POINTS: "The 2017 Nuits-Saint-Georges 1er Cru Les Chaignots is superb, bursting with expressive aromas of cherries, violets, bergamot and grilled squab. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, velvety and supple with a layered core that entirely cloaks its fine structuring tannins in succulent fruit. This is an elegant, open-knit Chaignots which will offer a broad drinking window."
BURGHOUND 90-92 POINTS: "The proximity to the southern side of Vosne is in evidence as here the expressive nose of pure red and dark berry scents cut with warm earth is quite spicy. In the same fashion as the nose, there is a lovely texture to the lightly mineral-inflected medium-bodied flavors that evidence both fine depth and length. I like the balance and there is enough stuffing that this could be approached early but it should also have no trouble amply repay mid-term cellaring."
- Item #: i_345845Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93-95Burghound: 92-95 "SWEET SPOT, OVinous Media: 93-95Decanter: 95JOHN GILMAN 96 POINTS -"The 2017 Domaine Chevillon Vaucrains is deep, pure and supremely elegant out of the blocks this year, with the nose offering up a gorgeous aromatic blend of black cherries, pomegranate, dark chocolate, gamebird, woodsmoke, complex soil tones, a hint of nutskin and a bit of cedary new oak. On the palate the wine is very pure, full-bodied and the most reserved wine in the cellars today, with a rock solid core of fruit, exceptional transparency, ripe, perfectly integrated tannins and superb focus and grip on the very, very long and promising finish. The wine turns nicely sappy on the backend and shows off some of its future greatness."
DECANTER 95 POINTS -"Les Vaucrains is marked by its proximity to the combe at the southern end of Nuits-St-Georges, which gives the wine an added lift of freshness. Like Les St-Georges which abuts it, this is quite a firm, shuttered wine with an overlay of 30% new wood, good concentration, fine tannins and enough backbone and acidity to age."
WINE ADVOCATE 93-95 POINTS -"As usual, the 2017 Nuits-Saint-Georges 1er Cru Les Vaucrains is the most structured, tight-knit wine in the Chevillon cellar, unwinding in the glass with aromas of cassis, dark chocolate and rich soil, framed by smoky new oak. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, richly tannic and concentrated, with imposingly broad shouldered structure and a deep, reserved core. Again, patience will be required and rewarded."
VINOUS 93-95 POINTS -"The 2017 Nuits Saint-Georges Les Vaucrains 1er Cru has a little more precision than the Les Saint-Georges on the nose: the terroir more articulated, greater energy conveyed by the aromatics. The pure, precise palate is beautifully balanced with filigreed tannin and an effervescent and very sustained finish that is pure class. This could well be the standout from Chevillon this year. A wine from the top drawer."
BURGHOUND 92-94 POINTS SWEET SPOT, OUTSTANDING! -"Relatively generous wood fights a bit with the otherwise cool and pure aromas of extract of cassis, plum, humus, earth and suggestions of the sauvage. As is usually the case chez Chevillon, this is a very powerful wine with imposing size and weight with fine mid-palate density thanks to the abundant dry extract that also helps to buffer the very firm tannic spine that really emerges on the beautifully long finale."