- Item #: i_344231Bottle Size: 750MLBrézé is a unique site due to its relatively high elevation and eminently nuanced geological profile. The high composition of tuffeau, a porous, chalky limestone also used in the construction of much of the Loire’s Renaissance architecture, results in finely mineral Chenin Blanc. Clay and sand also lend themselves to the diversity of the terroirs, giving body to the reds and richness to the whites. With five historic and clearly delimited Clos to work with, the Lambert duo has the incredible opportunity to truly understand and reveal the distinctions within this extraordinary appellation.
- Item #: i_345492Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 92WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Racy and mouthwatering in feel from start to finish, with jasmine, ginger, peach, yellow apple and mineral notes that zip through in lockstep. Pretty honeysuckle accents gild the finish. Drink now through 2025."
- Item #: i_350578Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 94WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "Green plum and verbena notes lead the way for now, with a flash of quinine on the finish. This is juicy, but still a bit compact overall, with the core of ample pear, quince and ginger flavors in reserve. Just wait for everything to knit together and stretch out, as the purity and length are there. Best from 2018 through 2028."
- Item #: i_302660Bottle Size: 750MLJean-Claude Pichot’s family is one of the oldest inVouvray, with origins as viticulturists and restauranteursdating back to 1739. The family cellars are located in thecharming village of Vouvray, in caverns hewn from therolling hills which were once quarried to provide stoneto construct the grand châteaux of the Loire. In fact, thePichot home is itself part house and part cavern, with adramatic hearth carved from the rock. Jean-Claude wasone of six sons, but the only one to continue the familytradition of vigneron.Tasting notes: golden raisins on the nose and on thepalate. Grape juicy, like table grape concentrate. Easyto drink, already well-balanced with some elements ofcloves, butter tarte tatin and a touch of maple sugar.Good fruit extension with some grapefruit and apple skinon the finish.
- Item #: i_351610Bottle Size: 750ml100% Chenin Blanc. This striking wine comes from two small parcels of mature vines (planted in 1933 and 1952) within the legendary Brézé climat, a terroir that once held a reputation on the same level as the greatest vineyards of Burgundy and Bordeaux. The vineyards are at a higher elevation than most of the surrounding areas and the vines sit directly on a hill of tuffeaux, a porous, chalky limestone, intermixed with clay and sand. Something like 70% of the vineyard has less than one metre of topsoil, so the vines drill straight into the chalky bedrock. This terroir creates a far more citrussy, floral and mineral expression of Chenin. Even when they're ripe and powerful, the wines remain cool and pure and fresh.
- Item #: i_35228Bottle Size: 750mlEcotard is probably the brightest and most rapier-edged of all of Thierry’s Chenin Blancs. There isn’t an ounce of excess body fat on this one. Think of wine sculpted from a giant block of chalky limestone. Fresh lobster and seared scallops are two pairings that immediately come to mind. Try searing the scallops briefly, then topping them with a grate of lemon zest, sea salt, and a fine drizzle of really good olive oil.
—Dixon Brooke, KERMIT lYNCH WINE MERCHANT