- Item #: i_322561Bottle Size: 750MLFrom a ripe vintage comes this rich Chenin Blanc redolent of lanolin, pollen, ripe pear and quince over a base of wet stones. The richness in the mouth is cut but the rapier like acidity and the fruit is contrasted nicely by the crisp mineral notes.
- Item #: i_344231Bottle Size: 750MLBrézé is a unique site due to its relatively high elevation and eminently nuanced geological profile. The high composition of tuffeau, a porous, chalky limestone also used in the construction of much of the Loire’s Renaissance architecture, results in finely mineral Chenin Blanc. Clay and sand also lend themselves to the diversity of the terroirs, giving body to the reds and richness to the whites. With five historic and clearly delimited Clos to work with, the Lambert duo has the incredible opportunity to truly understand and reveal the distinctions within this extraordinary appellation.
- Item #: i_351796Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Piercing and pure, with pear, green apple and green almond notes carried by a sleek, minerally edge. Shows juiciness along the edges and flashes of honeysuckle and bitter almond in the background. Drink now through 2033."
- Item #: i_350578Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 94WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "Green plum and verbena notes lead the way for now, with a flash of quinine on the finish. This is juicy, but still a bit compact overall, with the core of ample pear, quince and ginger flavors in reserve. Just wait for everything to knit together and stretch out, as the purity and length are there. Best from 2018 through 2028."
- Item #: i_302660Bottle Size: 750MLJean-Claude Pichot’s family is one of the oldest inVouvray, with origins as viticulturists and restauranteursdating back to 1739. The family cellars are located in thecharming village of Vouvray, in caverns hewn from therolling hills which were once quarried to provide stoneto construct the grand châteaux of the Loire. In fact, thePichot home is itself part house and part cavern, with adramatic hearth carved from the rock. Jean-Claude wasone of six sons, but the only one to continue the familytradition of vigneron.Tasting notes: golden raisins on the nose and on thepalate. Grape juicy, like table grape concentrate. Easyto drink, already well-balanced with some elements ofcloves, butter tarte tatin and a touch of maple sugar.Good fruit extension with some grapefruit and apple skinon the finish.
- Item #: i_35228Bottle Size: 750mlEcotard is probably the brightest and most rapier-edged of all of Thierry’s Chenin Blancs. There isn’t an ounce of excess body fat on this one. Think of wine sculpted from a giant block of chalky limestone. Fresh lobster and seared scallops are two pairings that immediately come to mind. Try searing the scallops briefly, then topping them with a grate of lemon zest, sea salt, and a fine drizzle of really good olive oil.
—Dixon Brooke, KERMIT lYNCH WINE MERCHANT