- Item #: i_353333Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 92WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Elegant and lacy, offering floral, cherry, strawberry and spice aromas and flavors. Balanced, juicy and approachable now, yet should gain depth over the next few years. Best from 2019 through 2028. 100 cases imported."
- Item #: i_351526Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95-97Vinous Media: 96 PointsDecanter: 96WINE ADVOCATE 95-97 POINTS - "The 2014 Clos de Tart Grand Cru will contain 40% whole bunch fruit in the final. It was picked from September 17 until September 22. This blend that I tasted included the young vines at the bottom of the vineyard that may or may not be deselected to make a Forge de Tart (the decision will be made next year). It is also the first vintage that does not include old vines at the northwest corner that were pulled up in spring 2014, due to be replanted in four years' time. It has a very well defined bouquet with cranberry and wild strawberry fruit, fine mineral tones and is quite harmonious with hints of wet limestone. The palate is medium-bodied and I feel this has tightened up since I tasted it in September 2015. The fruit also seems a little darker. Blackberry and wild cherry, with a hint of cola and certainly more tangible mineralité on the finish, as you can feel the mouth tingling long after it has bid adieu. Readers will be aware that I tasted the 2014 back in September at retiring winemaker Sylvain Pitiot's retirement do. Nevertheless I thought it would be appropriate to return a couple of months later to taste with new winemaker, Jacques Devauges. It also gave me a chance to walk down through the vineyard from Laurent Ponsot's winery and get a feel for the terroir - bracing it was too as I tramped through the vines to quizzical stares of those doing the first pruning of the vines."
DRECANTER 96 POINTS - "Vibrant, ripe blackberry plus delicate notes of rose, a gorgeously silky texture and sweet-spice finish. I tasted the seven parcels that make up this final wine and it is clear that there's a sensational synergy in the blending."
BURGHOUND 93 POINTS - OUTSTANDING! - "There is whiff of new wood framing the intensely floral-suffused nose and in particular rose petal and lavender that add elegance to the fresh mix of mostly red and dark currant scents that are trimmed in discreet earth hints. There is a lovely sense of energy to the moderately dense middle weight plus flavors that culminate in a dusty, palate coating and beautifully long finish. This is already completely harmonious and should make for terrific drinking for years to come."
- Item #: i_351016Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 93 POINTS-OUTSTANDING!: "The intensely floral-suffused nose reveals notes of lavender, rose petal and lilac along with plenty of spice elements on the mostly dark berry fruit aromas. There is notably more volume to the equally pure medium weight plus flavors that positively vibrate with energy and minerality before culminating in a harmonious and beautifully well-balanced finale. This marvelously complex effort really builds from the mid-palate as the finish is sneaky long."
- Item #: i_345431Bottle Size: 750MLROBERTPARKER.COM 93 POINTS: "Tasted blind at the Burgfest 2014 tasting, the 2014 Volnay 1er Cru Les Santenots-du-Milieu from Comtes Lafon is blessed with a sensual bouquet with plenty of dark cherry and blueberry fruit, maybe a slight malic scent just underneath. The palate is medium-bodied with sappy red berry fruit, a fine line of acidity, fresh and tensile with impressive mineralité coming through toward the finish. This is a stylish, well-crafted Santenots that should age well in bottle and may eventually merit a higher score. Tasted September 2017."
- Item #: i_350731Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 93 - 95 POINTS - "This is markedly more restrained with its reluctant aromas of brooding dark berry fruit, earth, sauvage and hints of dried flowers. There is excellent volume, concentration and imposing power to the big-bodied flavors that deliver plenty of minerality and outstanding persistence on the robust but balanced finish. This classically proportioned Clos de la Roche is indisputably going to require extended keeping."
- Item #: i_322316Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 90BURGHOUND 90 POINTS- OUTSTANDING! - "A well-layered and appealingly fresh combination features various red berries, floral, earth, herbal tea and sauvage hints. There is fine richness to the lively, intense and mineral-driven medium weight flavors that exhibit a distinct salinity on the beautifully complex, well-balanced and firm finale. Good stuff."
- Item #: i_350079Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 91-94 POINTS- OUTSTANDING! - "The perfumed, cool and airy nose is attractively elegant with its mix of red and dark currant, sandalwood, violet and lilac scents. The polished and equally cool middle weight flavors possess a wonderfully refined mouth feel thanks to the fine grain of the tannins along with ample minerality on the mildly austere, balanced and strikingly persistent finale. This is a classic Beaux Monts with an ultra-sophisticated mouth feel though note that this will need a few years of cellar time to fully harmonize."
- Item #: i_345629Bottle Size: 750MLBurghound: 92 - 95BURGHOUND 92 - 95 POINTS -"Don't Miss - Outstanding! This is also gorgeously spicy with ripe and very fresh black cherry, red currant and sandalwood aromas. There is superb intensity to the overtly mineral-driven and beautifully delineated middle weight flavors that are shaped by a very firm but not hard tannic spine as there is good phenolic maturity here. I very much like the balance of the long and quite serious finale that is an exercise in harmony, indeed this could aptly be described as quite Zen-like. In a word, brilliant."
- Item #: i_345631Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92-94Burghound: 94BURGHOUND 94 POINTS: "A discreet application of wood is present on the exceptionally spicy nose of equally pure, cool and airy extract of red and dark berry fruit, violet and Asian-style tea aromas. There is good size and weight to the tautly muscled but suave, intense and detailed medium weight plus flavors that are underpinned by firm tannins and evident minerality on the succulent and mouth coating finish. This is perhaps a bit richer than it normally is at this early stage and should be approachable a bit earlier than usual but overall 2014 is a fantastic vintage for the Drouhin PM. Highly recommended."
eROBERTPARKER 92-94 POINTS: "The 2014 Vosne Romanée 1er Cru les Petits Monts was picked on September 16 and contains 20% whole cluster fruit. Due to be bottled next spring, it has a very fragrant, quite floral bouquet with black cherries, blueberry, minerals and rose petals -- very seductive and detailed. The palate is medium-bodied with svelte, quite lush black fruit, saline in the mouth with very fine tannins interlacing the finish. This is beautiful Petits Monts from Drouhin."
VINOUSMEDIA 91-92 POINTS: "(from a crop level of 28 hectoliters per hectare): Healthy red-ruby. Deeply pitched aromas of dark fruits, licorice and menthol reminded me a bit of Richebourg. Bone-dry and uncompromising in the mouth, with concentrated, well-delineated mineral and floral flavors dominating in the early going. Finishes with serious but fine-grained tannins and lovely floral persistence. Serious, firm and built to age." -- Stephen Tanzer
- Item #: i_350562Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2014 Ruchottes Chambertin Grand Cru has another wondrous bouquet: incredibly pure and sensual already with sublime delineation. The palate is very well balanced with filigree tannin, nervous and mineral-driven; there is a spicy element springing out like a jack-in-the-box on the finish and a tang of salinity on the long aftertaste. I agree with Marie-Christine that the addition of the younger vines since 2012, previously bottled separately, has really given this Grand Cru a zest for life, an edginess and enhanced complexity. WINE ADVOCATE 95 - 97 POINTS
- Item #: i_353577Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 92-94 POINTS - *Sweet Spot* "A more elegant and more expressive nose evidences distinctly floral notes to the spicy red and dark currant aromas that possess excellent complexity. I very much like the silky texture of the concentrated and opulent mid-palate of the delicious and equally complex middle weight flavors that exude a subtle minerality onto the beautifully long and balanced though mildly austere finish. As is usually the case this is built-to-age and will definitely need it. I would add that among the Chevillon big boys though that if you were going to try one young I would suggest this one."