- Item #: i_350552Bottle Size: 750mlSubtle, harmonious - Burgundy from Domaine Anne Gros is intimately tied with the elegant and poised character of wines from Vosne-Romanée.
While each cru faithfully reflects its terroir, it is terroir as translated through Gros’ expert touch, offering richer aromatics, rounder curves, silkier tannins. The combination is irresistible, so much so that Gros’ very limited production is snapped up by global collectors faster and faster each vintage.
Anne Gros simply is one of the top winemakers in Burgundy today, which explains why her wines have inspired such a cult-like following. Importantly for us, Gros personifies the sort of winemaker with whom we have always sought to work: an artisan with a clear vision of her terroir and talents, and the grace to be humble despite the weight of Burgundian tradition and family history.
Anne Gros cares for her vineyards according to “lutte raisonée” principles, adhering to organic practices as much as possible depending on the conditions of the growing year. Grapes are always harvested by hand. Juice is fermented on indigenous yeasts in lined (enameled) cement tanks for the reds, and in stainless steel tanks for the whites. Wines are aged in barrel for approximately 16 months, with 80 percent new oak for grand cru wines, 50 percent for village wines and 30 percent for regional wines.
- Item #: i_350375Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 94BURGHOUND 92 - 95 POINTS - "A discreet, even shy nose offers up attractively fresh and ultra-pure notes of citrus, honeysuckle, white peach and a hint of acacia blossom. There is excellent delineation to the intense, equally pure and seductive middle weight flavors that possess good verve and plenty of minerality on the solidly persistent finish that delivers outstanding depth. This elegant beauty is a refined mix of punch and finesse."
WINE ADVOCATE 92 - 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Pucelles wafts from the glass with aromas of spring flowers, white peach, lemon, pastry cream and blanched almonds. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, elegantly textural but tangy, with a pure, fine-boned profile. It was quite reserved when I tasted it, so I suspect it only needs time to take on the breadth and dimension that characterize a great Pucelles, but for now, the wine is quite tensile and linear."
- Item #: i_350732Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92-94JAMES SUCKLING 96 POINTS - "This parcel is on the north-facing section of the valley and is a truly stunning wine in 2017. Such fine and fresh, white-peach and lemon-curd aromas with a gently spicy edge. The palate has such purity and weight and beautifully composed and pristine, fleshy fruit, in the white-nectarine spectrum. Exceptional wine. Drink or hold."
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Bursting with aromas of white flowers, lilac, fresh peach and orange, the 2017 Chablis Grand Cru Vaudésir is full-bodied, satiny and caressing, with an elegantly fleshy but precise palate and a fragrant, saline finish. This is also showing well and is well worth seeking out."
BURGHOUND 93 POINTS - "A reserved yet markedly fresh and restrained nose reluctantly offers up ample spice influence on the softly exotic dried yellow fruit, ocean breeze and floral aromas. There is equally good freshness and verve to the seductively textured, round and highly refined flavors that retain a reasonable sense of detail on the harmonious and balanced finale where a distinct note of salinity appears. This is a really lovely effort and also well-worth your interest."
- Item #: i_350483Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92-94Decanter: 94DECANTER 94 POINTS - "Dense, spicy and even a little tannic, it has a lovely combination of understated power and freshness, with a tangy, salty finish and skilfully judged 30% new wood. Another vineyard that performed well in the heat of 2018. Drinking Window 2021 - 2028."
VINOUS 92 - 94 POINTS - "Puligny-Montrachet La Truffière 1er Cru comes from a 0.15-hectare parcel on red clay soils. The bouquet is adorable, offering orange and apricot blossom, crushed rocks and hints of menthol with aeration, and eventually gaining impressive intensity. The palate is, conversely, quite taut and linear, but shows great depth and mineralité, conveying palpable energy on the finish that leaves the tongue tingling. Superb."
- Item #: i_353883Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The vicissitudes of climate and disease mean that Rapet hasn't produced a viable yield from this site for years, and he opted to retain the excellent 2015 rendition for his personal consumption, so the 2017 Beaune 1er Cru Bressandes marks the return of a cuvée consumers haven't seen for some time. Bursting from the glass with aromas of cassis, wild berries and sweet soil tones, it's medium to full-bodied, ample and layered, with a rich core of fruit framed by fine tannins and succulent acids. It will be well worth seeking out."
- Item #: i_350342Bottle Size: 750mlRemoissenet Père et Fils is a reference point for refined Burgundy wines.
Full-flavored yet light on its feet, this stunning Chardonnay punches way above its weight every vintage. A bit of fruit sourced from Chablis’ chalky hills, a touch of declassified fruit from villages-level vineyards in Puligny-Montrachet.