- Item #: i_322611Bottle Size: 750MLWINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "The 2017 Bourgogne Côte Chalonnaise La Digoine opens in the glass with a reserved bouquet of smoky blackberries, raspberries and bay leaf, followed by a medium to full-bodied, fleshy and supple palate that's open and charming, concluding with a spice-inflected finish."
Winemaker's Notes "La Digoine is a site at the foot of a slope, known for centuries to provide the deep soil and growing conditions necessary for excellent red wine. Our vineyard here is planted in moderate-yield Pinot Noir. La Digoine can be drunk very young. Within two or three months of bottling, it demonstrates immediate appeal with red berry fruit and a balance of roundness, structure, and lenght on the palate.
However, this is another versatil wine which benefits from bottle aging. After 18 to 24 months, slow maturation and evolution begin to make their mark, and La Digoine will improve over the next ten year, revealing the deep, complex aromas worthy of a great burgundy. Depending on cellar conditions, we recommanded twelve to fifteen years of aging.
Serving temperature for a young La Digoine should be around 60°F, and around 64°F for an older one. It goes well with red meat and any of a variety of cheeses, though soft cheeses like Camembert, Brie, and Vacherin should be avoided."
- Item #: i_350552Bottle Size: 750mlSubtle, harmonious - Burgundy from Domaine Anne Gros is intimately tied with the elegant and poised character of wines from Vosne-Romanée.
While each cru faithfully reflects its terroir, it is terroir as translated through Gros’ expert touch, offering richer aromatics, rounder curves, silkier tannins. The combination is irresistible, so much so that Gros’ very limited production is snapped up by global collectors faster and faster each vintage.
Anne Gros simply is one of the top winemakers in Burgundy today, which explains why her wines have inspired such a cult-like following. Importantly for us, Gros personifies the sort of winemaker with whom we have always sought to work: an artisan with a clear vision of her terroir and talents, and the grace to be humble despite the weight of Burgundian tradition and family history.
Anne Gros cares for her vineyards according to “lutte raisonée” principles, adhering to organic practices as much as possible depending on the conditions of the growing year. Grapes are always harvested by hand. Juice is fermented on indigenous yeasts in lined (enameled) cement tanks for the reds, and in stainless steel tanks for the whites. Wines are aged in barrel for approximately 16 months, with 80 percent new oak for grand cru wines, 50 percent for village wines and 30 percent for regional wines.
- Item #: i_353488Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "Wafting from the glass with notes of rich dark fruits, baking chocolate, peonies, orange rind and rose, the 2018 Ladoix Les Briquottes is medium to full-bodied, with a pretty core of exquisitely perfumed fruit, powdery structuring tannins and a long, chalky and aromatic finish."
- Item #: i_322644Bottle Size: 750MLJames Suckling: 93JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS - "This is always beautiful with dried strawberries, flowers and hints of rosebush. Medium-to full-bodied with a round yet poignant tannin background and fresh acidity. Lively Mercurey. Drink or hold."
- Item #: i_333722Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91Wine Spectator: 92WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Pretty aromas and flavors of cherry jam, raspberry, violet and earth are backed by dusty tannins in this red, which is focused, if dominated by the tannins for now. Fine length. Drink now through 2027.'
WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2016 Chorey-lès-Beaune Village is blended with the fruit from La Pièce du Chapitre this year due to a lack of quantity. It has a ravishing, forward and expressive bouquet with plenty of raspberry coulis and blueberry notes, very pure and nicely defined. The palate is medium-bodied with supple tannins. There is a fine bead of acidity, almost candied toward the finish with veins of orange zest and spice lingering in the mouth. This comes highly recommended."