- Item #: i_350937Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96+James Suckling: 96Jeb Dunnuck: 98 PointsWINE ADVOCATE 96+ POINTS - "Deep purple-black, the 2016 Bellevue Mondotte has a dark, seductive, opulent nose of star anise, cumin seed, dried roses, incense and cedar chest over a core of plum preserves, baked blueberries, dates and Christmas cake plus hints of unsmoked cigars and tapenade. The full-bodied palate is a behemoth of fruit with a rock-solid frame to match, featuring firm, grainy tannins and bold freshness, finishing very long and very spicy."
JEB DUNNUCK 98+ POINTS - "One of the standouts from the Right Bank is the 2016 Bellevue Mondotte, a powerful, full-bodied, structured effort that offers incredible minerality in its blackcurrant, graphite, new leather and burning ember-like aromas and flavors. A blend of 90% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Franc, and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon, from tiny yields and brought up all in new oak, it has remarkable purity and freshness, and is locked and loaded on the palate. Give this monument in the making 4-5 years of bottle age and it will cruise for 2-3 decades in cold cellars."
- Item #: i_352274Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 95James Suckling: 96Wine Enthusiast: 95 PointsJeb Dunnuck: 95 PointsJAMES SUCKLING 96 POINTS - "The aromas are very complex with sweet tobacco, black truffles, blueberries and blackberries. Subtle. Menthol, too. Full-bodied yet so elegant. Structure with finesse and purity. The tannins are melted in the wine. Fabulous young wine. Try tasting it from 2023."
- Item #: i_352175Bottle Size: 750mlAn intense ruby color, the Château de Parenchère Bordeaux Supérieur is full and fleshy with a strong underlying structure. It displays intense red fruit aromas of cassis and black cherry with elegantly soft tannins. There is a great balance between the ripe fruit expression and the wine’s freshness.
- Item #: i_352016Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 100Wine Spectator: 98James Suckling: 100Decanter: 98 PointsWine Enthusiast: 100 PointsJeb Dunnuck: 98 PointsROBERT PARKER 100 POINTS: "The 2016 Haut-Brion is blended of 56% Merlot, 37.5% Cabernet Sauvignon and 6.5% Cabernet Franc. Medium to deep garnet-purple colored, the nose is at once profound and arresting, offering drop-dead gorgeous Morello cherries, lilacs and red rose scents with a core of Black Forest cake, warm blackcurrants and blueberry preserves plus wafts of sandalwood and underbrush. Medium-bodied, the elegantly crafted palate is completely packed with intense floral, mineral and cassis-laced flavors with a firm frame of very finely pixelated tannins and seamless freshness, finishing very long and achingly stunning."
VINOUS 100 POINTS: "The 2016 Haut-Brion is quite possibly even more magnificent from bottle than it was from barrel. Powerful and rich, yet not at all heavy, the 2016 is a wine of nearly indescribable beauty. Haut-Brion is often a thrilling wine, but it is rarely this finessed in its youth. Gravel, cure meat, tobacco and cedar are some of the many nuances that develop with air, but it is an extraordinary sense of harmony that really stands out. What a wine! (AG)
JAMES SUCKLING 100 POINTS: "Stunning black fruit with plenty of forest berries in there, the whole picture cool and very delicate, also on the concentrated and highly structured palate. The tannins are very fine-grained, but decisively austere and, together with the vibrant acidity, they propel the finish out towards infinity and leave a breathtaking final impression. A blend of 56 per cent merlot, 37.5 per cent cabernet sauvignon and 6.5 per cent cabernet franc. Very long aging potential, but you could try it in 2023.
WINE ENTHUSIAST 100 POINTS: "Immensely tannic, this is a great Haut-Brion, one of the finest for many years. It shows the severe side of this estate, with a dense structure to match the powerful black fruits. Rich with berry flavors and lifted by enough acidity, the wine will age for many years. Drink from 2026. *Cellar Selection* (RV)
DECANTER 98 POINTS: "This stunning wine is flexing its muscles, showing off its power and depth. Perfectly placed, so precise and utterly gorgeous with a hand-in-glove power. The texture is satin, silky and velvety, each strand providing a different take on charcoal, slate, menthol and bilberry, with mouthwatering acidity that suspends the finish for several minutes. Harvesting took placeImmensely tannic, this is a great Haut-Brion, one of the finest for many years. It shows the severe side of this estate, with a dense structure to match the powerful black fruits. Rich with berry flavors and lifted by enough acidity, the wine will age for many years. Drink from 2026. *Cellar Selection* (RV)
JEB DUNNUCK 98 POINTS: "As to the reds, the 2016 Haut Brion is a prodigious, legendary wine in the making, although it’s not for those seeking instant gratification. Deeper colored and more concentrated than the La Mission Haut Brion, it reveals a purple/ruby color as well as a sensational bouquet of blackcurrants, cassis, cigar tobacco, cold fireplace, violets, and lead pencil. Deep, masculine, structured, and mineral-laced, it has a stacked mid-palate, full-bodied richness, building tannins, and a firm, blockbuster styled finish that lasts for close to a minute. A wine for the ages, don’t even think about opening bottles for at least 7-8 years. It should keep for half a century. The blend in 2016 is 56% Merlot, 37.5% Cabernet Sauvignon, and 6.5% Cabernet Franc. 98+ points. (2/2019)
WINE SPECTATOR 98 POINTS: "Large and in charge, this has a prodigious core of steeped plum, black currant and loganberry fruit flavors that show both compote and coulis aspects. While that steeps, this delivers a sturdy frame of roasted mesquite, smoldering tobacco and incense, surrounding a muscular spine of worn cedar and tar. Still rather backward, this will be showing well when most others from the vintage have had their day. *Collectibles* (JM) (3/2019)
- Item #: i_351700Bottle Size: 750mlCherry-red in colour, tinged with ruby, with its generous bouquet, Château Haut La Pierrière is juicy and voluptuous. On the palate, extremely ripe fruit, followed by silky, integrated tannins define this wine, which is so similar to Saint-Emilion in style. A supple, well-balanced wine.
- Item #: i_352272Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 99Wine Spectator: 96James Suckling: 98Decanter: 97 PointsWine Enthusiast: 97 PointsJeb Dunnuck: 100 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 100 POINTS - "Unquestionably one of the top 2-3 wines of the vintage, the 2016 Château Montrose is a monument in the making. Checking in as a blend of 68% Cabernet Sauvignon, 25% Merlot, and 7% Cabernet Franc raised in 60% new French oak (the balance was in once-used barrels) and representing a tiny 36% of the production, this deep purple-colored 2016 possesses powerful, incredibly classic Saint-Estephe notes of creme de cassis, graphite, damp earth, lead pencil shavings, and burning embers. With a powerful, full-bodied style on the palate, a huge mid-palate, lots of underlying structure and tannic grip, and perfect balance, this magical wine will need upwards of a decade or cellaring and keep for 40-50 years.
WINE ADVOCATE 99 POINTS - "Deep garnet-purple in color, the 2016 Montrose is a little youthfully shy to begin, but with coaxing, it unfurls to reveal the most beguiling scents of wilted roses, oolong tea, crushed rocks, wild sage, star anise and candied violets over a wonderfully pristine, well-defined core of crushed blackcurrants, black raspberries and kirsch plus wafts of pencil lead and wood smoke. The taut, muscular, medium to full-bodied palate straddles jaw-dropping intensity and finesse superbly, featuring a solid backbone of ripe tannins and giving a firm frame right through the incredibly long, exquisitely nuanced finish."
- Item #: i_334007Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 98James Suckling: 99Jeb Dunnuck: 100 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 100 POINTS: "Reminding me of the 2010 with its incredible stature and class (as opposed to the more opulently styled 2009), the 2016 Château Ducru-Beaucaillou is a legendary wine from the genius of Bruno Borie, who has managed this estate brilliantly since he arrived in 2003. A blend of 85% Cabernet Sauvignon and 15% Merlot brought up all in new oak, the 2016 has a mammoth bouquet of crème de cassis, espresso, camphor, crushed violets, toasty oak, and graphite. Full-bodied, concentrated, and backward on the palate, it nevertheless has perfectly integrated acidity and building tannins, a concentrated, layered texture, off-the-charts purity of fruit, and a finish that won't quit. Give this powerful, concentrated wine a solid 7-8 years of bottle age and enjoy it over the following 50 years or more."
WINE ADVOCATE 98 POINTS: "Deep garnet-purple colored, the 2016 Ducru-Beaucaillou features a wonderfully savory, earthy/meaty nose, delivering well-defined notes of tapenade, truffles, charcuterie and sautéed herbs over crème de cassis, wild blueberries and kirsch with wafts of pencil lead and menthol. Medium to full-bodied, the palate is built like a brick house with the taut, muscular fruit well framed by very firm yet very ripe and finely grained tannins, offering a quiet intensity of red fruit and mineral sparks and finishing with epic length."
- Item #: i_351426Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Wine Spectator: 92Wine Enthusiast: 92 PointsWINE ENTHUSIAST 92 - 94 POINTS - "This 100% Sauvignon Blanc offering is the second white by Smith Haut Lafitte. With excellent acidity and a fine herbal character, expect a wine that is tight, crisp and deliciously fresh."
JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS - "Delicious aromas and flavors of white peaches and light hay. Full body, bright acidity and tangy, sliced-lemon and green-apple character. Hints of candied fruit. Real sauvignon blanc character. Light, herbal undertones. Drink now."
WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Nice purity, with lemon peel, white peach and verbena notes backed by a hint of shortbread that blossoms on the finish, giving this a flattering edge."
WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The Les Hauts de Smith 2016 Blanc is pure Sauvignon Blanc matured in around 50% new oak. It has a pleasant bouquet with yellow flower aromas complementing the citrus fruit, though it takes a little more encouragement than the Le Petit Haut Lafitte, which has the benefit of the Sémillon. The palate is well balanced with some lovely tropical tones on the entry, dried pineapple, paw paw and then later a touch of lemongrass. I appreciate the way this finishes... with a bit of gusto! I always love this white Pessac-Léognan and this 2016 might be as good as the 2015 last year. This comes recommended."
- Item #: i_352632Bottle Size: 750mlChâteau La Tour de Mons is a classic wine, elegant and pure and fully respectful of this great terroir of Margaux. With a vineyard planted of 56% Merlot, 38% Cabernet Sauvignon, and 6% Petit Verdot, Château La Tour de Mons matures for 12 months in French oak barrels. With an intense colour, the wine displays a very broad aromatic range. Elegant and distinguished, this enticing wine has a fantastic potential for ageing.