- Item #: i_352756Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine Berthet-Bondet is located in the subregion of Château-Chalon, the heartland of the Jura. The 2016 Trio was made of three grape varieties, 50% Trousseau, 30% Poulsard, and 20% Pinot Noir, all organically farmed and hand harvested. Berries were sorted, destemmed, and underwent a short maceration to extract desired flavors, color, and tannins. Fermentation and maturation were conducted in stainless steel tanks. Primary aromas and flavors included strawberry, red cherry, tomato leaf, tea, tarragon, juniper, and rhubarb. Tertiary notes included dusty trail and cherry compote.
- Item #: i_352953Bottle Size: 750mlIt is a dark red color with a purple hue. On the nose, its a mixture of red fruit and hay aromas along with hints of leather. On the palate, it is smooth and has flavors of cherry, redcurrant, and licorice.
- Item #: i_322361Bottle Size: 750mlWINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "Delivers a bright and engaging range of Jonagold apple, melon and pear flavors, with a light hazelnut echo through the finish. Fresh acidity stays well-embedded throughout. Drink now through 2020."
Jura is located to the east of the Côte d’Or, and this area is dominated by the forested Jura Mountains and provides a geographical measure of detachment that allowed certain traditional wine styles and grapes to persist in the region. A classic Jura boasting citrus and nut character( Hint of a sherry character). A Slightly oily texture and a fresh finish, it is mouthfilling, complex and satisfying.
“Fully ripe grapes, brilliantly judged use of wood, and delicate use, too, of controlled oxidation to create what Guy calls “une petite inflection noisette” (“a little hazelnut nose”) are all hallmarks of the domaine’s wines, the consistency of which is impressive for such a cool-climate vineyard region.” -Andrew Jefford, The New France
- Item #: i_352330Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "A new Savagnin bottling, the very young 2017 L'Etoile Savagnin Ouillé Les Budes fermented and aged in 500-liter topped-up barrels, a style that has never been produced at Montbourgeau before. This wine was produced by the son of Nicole Deriaux when he joined the family domaine. It's subtle, mineral and elegant, focused and clean, with floral notes and a soft, round palate. The acidity is neatly integrated into the wine, and it reminds me of some of the wines from Ganevat, with energy and concentration but apparently light on its feet. This is a superb effort for a style they have never produced before."
- Item #: i_334027Bottle Size: 750MLLight in body yet intensely perfumed, the rare Poulsard grape here gives a supple-textured wine full of red berry fruit alongside some earthy-animal complexity.
"Redcurrant and cherry, with a hint of hibiscus on the nose. Light and precise, with cherry complemented by floral and spice flavors. A delightful and lively Poulsard." - Skurnik Imports
Domaine Rolet, founded in the early 1940s, is Jura's largest family-owned estate. The second generation-four siblings-now run the show: Bernard and Guy look after the sixty hectares of vines as well as the winemaking, while Pierre and Eliane handle the commercial side. The vines are 50+ years old, the yields low, and the vinification meticulous, leading to brilliant, precise expressions of Jura's distinctive wine styles. Vineyard The grapes were harvested by hand from vines aged thirty-five to forty-five, planted on red marl soils in the communes of Montigny and Arbois. The grapes were sorted and crushed, then fermented with indigenous yeast for around three weeks in stainless steel tanks. The wine was then aged in large, used casks ("foudre") for fifteen months.