- Item #: i_353423Bottle Size: 750mlCaves Jean Bourdy is one of the oldest domaines in the Jura, owned by the Bourdy family for 15 generations since 1475 in the village of Arlay. The Domaine is now run by brothers Jean-Phillipe and Jean-François, the 15th generation of winemakers at this estate.
The Domaine was certified biodynamic in 2006. The combination of some of the best terroir in the Jura and careful and patient winemaking results in wines that thoroughly express the land on which it is grown.
- Item #: i_322361Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker Notes - Fully ripe grapes, brilliantly judged use of wood, and delicate use, too, of controlled oxidation to create what Guy calls “une petite inflection noisette” (“a little hazelnut nose”) are all hallmarks of the domaine’s wines, the consistency of which is impressive for such a cool-climate vineyard region.
- Item #: i_353424Bottle Size: 750mlVines of Chignin-Bergeron are located in the heart of the Combe de Savoie between Chambery and Albertville, sheltered from the winds of the North on the slopes of Montmelian and Francin. The vineyard is composed of young and old vines. Slopes sloping from 30% to 50%, south plain sunny. Manual harvest. Lower yields 40-50 hl/ha.
100% Roussanne. Strict selection in both vineyard and on sorting table before crush. Direct pneumatic pressing. Alcoholic fermentation at low temperature 15C in stainless steel vats thermo-regulated about three weeks.
- Item #: i_352337Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine de Montbourgeau has produced traditional Jura wines since Victor Gros, the grandfather of current Vigneronne, Nicole Deriaux, first planted the estate’s vineyards in 1920.The domaine’s nine hectares are devoted mostly to Chardonnay with Savagnin sited in 1.7 of those hectares; some Trousseau and Poulsard round out the plantings. The viticulture is organic and the vinification is strictly traditional respecting, in all aspects, the ancient practices of this region. Nicole Deriaux’s natural approach to every step of the process captures the true essence of the Etoile appellation in each of the separate bottlings done at the domaine.The white wines are aged in barrel; they are never racked; they are not topped off. The very special nature of the appellation of L’Etoile produces white wines of exceptional finesse and complexity.
- Item #: i_345358Bottle Size: 750MLEnergetic Stephane Tissot has become a leading winemaker in the Jura championing indigenous varieties, natural yeast, biodynamic viticulture, and producing an impressive range of great wines including sparkling, white, red, and fortified. This Arbois rouge blends Trousseau, Poulsard, and Pinot Noir. Earthy, leathery, black pepper, fresh herb and cherry on the nose with a succulent, crisp mouthful of red cherry, currant, and cranberry, ending with savory spice, dried orange rind and a bit of funk.