- Item #: i_352986Bottle Size: 750mlORGANIC AND BIODYNAMIC
Trousseau is an old variety of red wine grape originating in eastern France.
he Côtes du Jura AOC is famous for its wide range of traditionally-styled wines made from varieties you might not encounter in other places (Poulsard or Savagnin, anyone?). But today’s wine is proof that some producers are dedicated to pushing the boundaries and revitalizing ancient traditions. In doing so they’re not just making great wine, they’re bringing new life and flavors to a historic region.
- Item #: i_345346Bottle Size: 750MLGuillaume D'Angerville became obsessed with the Jura after a sommelier in Paris poured him a glass of Tissot Chardonnay blind and he was very impressed, believing that it was a Burgundy. This sent him off on a five year search to find a choice location in the Jura. He consulted with a well-known geologist to find ideal vineyards. In the end, he and Francois Duvivier purchased two domaines, one with well tended vines and another where the vineyards were in need of some rehabilitation. At Chateau Chavanes in Montigny-les-Arsures, they created a state of the art winery surrounded by 5 hectares of biodynamically farmed vines that had been impeccably replanted 10 years prior by former owner Francois de Chavanes. The domaine is supported by an additional 5 hectares of chemically-free vines formerly farmed by Jean-Marc Brignot at a site of high-quality geology and exposure. He named it Domaine du Pélican, a reference to the pelican on the crest of the city of Arbois. All of Pélican's wines are currently made in a topped up, non-oxidative style.
- Item #: i_353662Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine du Pélican has been farming 'En Barbi' for almost a decade. This extremely special plot is so rich in limestone that it actually looks white! This chalky and mineral-driven Chardonnay oozes with flavors of ripe yellow fruit, chalk, green apple, and toast. This small-production cuvée is a must-have for lovers of Jura, Chardonnay, and all things Marquis d'Angerville.
- Item #: i_353424Bottle Size: 750mlVines of Chignin-Bergeron are located in the heart of the Combe de Savoie between Chambery and Albertville, sheltered from the winds of the North on the slopes of Montmelian and Francin. The vineyard is composed of young and old vines. Slopes sloping from 30% to 50%, south plain sunny. Manual harvest. Lower yields 40-50 hl/ha.
100% Roussanne. Strict selection in both vineyard and on sorting table before crush. Direct pneumatic pressing. Alcoholic fermentation at low temperature 15C in stainless steel vats thermo-regulated about three weeks.
- Item #: i_345358Bottle Size: 750MLEnergetic Stephane Tissot has become a leading winemaker in the Jura championing indigenous varieties, natural yeast, biodynamic viticulture, and producing an impressive range of great wines including sparkling, white, red, and fortified. This Arbois rouge blends Trousseau, Poulsard, and Pinot Noir. Earthy, leathery, black pepper, fresh herb and cherry on the nose with a succulent, crisp mouthful of red cherry, currant, and cranberry, ending with savory spice, dried orange rind and a bit of funk.
- Item #: i_353546Bottle Size: 750mlThis is a Pinot Noir that will shine with food. The wine has enough power and structure to pair wonderful with heavier dishes such as roasts and stews. Try it and you will be amazed by the juicy, delicious flavors this wine brings to your dinner.