- Item #: i_350343Bottle Size: 750ml100% Cabernet Franc, Baudry's rosé is drawn from vines rooted in the gravel terroir of Grézeaux and a rented parcel, Les Balais, originally planted by Matthieu's father some 30 years ago. In contrast to Grézeaux, Les Balais is on clay/flintstone (silex) and Baudry suggests the minerality you can taste in this wine is thanks to the silex in the soils and the mature vines. Picked by hand, there is a brief skin contact and then the wine ferments via indigenous yeasts, 2/3 in the domaine's Italian-made concrete tanks and the remainder in stainless steel. The wine is classically pale and tinged with wild red fruits and smoky, mineral aromas and flavours. There is some extra texture in the mouth - thanks to 2016's low yields - yet, as always, the personality of the wine emphasises delicacy, finesse and freshness.
- Item #: i_345567Bottle Size: 750MLYou will find the same grape varieties as in the red wine with "Vieux Muscats Noirs" added. It is made partly by red tank bleeding and by direct pressing. Some lots complete their fermentation in oak barrels where they will age before being assembled. Its fruitiness with an expressive and elegant flavour will continue in a long and generous final tasting. A wine for gastronomy.
- Item #: i_345566Bottle Size: 750MLChâteau Crémade could be the quintessential Provençal estate. Beautifully nestled between the capital of Provence, Aix-en-Provence, and the formidable limestone mountain, Sainte-Victoire, this estate feels like a walk back in time. The vineyards feel more like a large garden that happens to grow 22 acres of vines with more than 25 varieties, most of which have nearly been forgotten. Sophie Moquet, a trained enologist and agronomist, has recently taken the reigns of viticulture and winemaking and the estate has been quietly putting out beautiful wines in the shadow of the region’s most famous and extraordinary estate, Château Simone. We always love to watch the renaissance of an old estate and we are certain that one is brewing at the Château Crémade.
Beautiful Rose, very elegant and aromatic with lots of minerality and fruit.
- Item #: i_311351Bottle Size: 750MLWe love the dry rosés from the south of France. This one is made from 30% Grenache Noir and 70% Syrah. The red grapes are cold macerated for between 4 and 12 hours. The juice is drawn off the skins when the desired color is reached. The wine is then fermented in temperature controlled stainless steel tanks. The result is a delightful dry rosé, with aromas and flavors of blueberries and blackberries and a crisp finish. Try this with quiche, ham, shrimp or fish or turkey burgers.
- Item #: i_345529Bottle Size: 750ML“Esprit Gassier” is the “Gassier Spirit” that combines the exceptional terroir of the Sainte-Victoire region with Côtes de Provence varietals to produce a wine that expresses the family’s passion, expertise and creativity. The beautiful label, designed by a local artist, is silk-screened on the bottle to create a striking package.
A very clear rosé with shades of peach; floral nose with white and yellow fruit notes (peach, apricot, pear); in the mouth, round and delicate with notes of white peach, mandarin and grapefruit.
- Item #: i_306007Bottle Size: 750ML"This is the elite cuvee of the estate relying as it does on grapes harvested from the oldest vines of the domaine (35 years and older). Principally composed of Cinsault, Grenache and Syrah, the "Chateau" bottling also sees the addition, from time-to-time of Tibouren, the ancient and regal Provencale grape. This Rose is produced via the "direct press" method and has a long cuvaison designed to produce a wine of character and concentration. Vinified in stainless steel and bottled in late winter - early spring, production is quite limited." MADROSE.COM
- Item #: i_345005Bottle Size: 750ML"The Château Simone Rosé is a wine that belies the notion that rosés are simple wines to be drunk up young. We have indulged ourselves with 10-year old Château Simone Rosé and have marveled at the tenacity, vibrancy and complexity of this very serious wine. The blend is identical to the rouge: 45% Grenache, 30% Mourvèdre, 5% Cinsault, 20% Syrah, Castet, Manosquin, Carignan, Muscat Noir & Blanc. Aged in barrel, it is powerful and age-worthy with a steely character and a grey-tinted aura to the faded rose-petal robe. We import, on average, 1500 bottles per annum for the US market." MADROSE.COM
- Item #: i_351845Bottle Size: 750ml67% Grenache, 18% Syrah, 5% Cinsault, 5% Mourvèdre, 5% Rolle. Crystal-clear, pale rose pink. Strawberries and citrus on the nose, with hints of jasmine. Expressive with a full array of summer fruits. Fresh, full-bodied and fruity on the mid-palate, then finishing crisp, elegant and long, with a persistent silky texture. Very moreish. Only 2.7g/L of residual sugar. ORGANIC/BIODYNAMIC
- Item #: i_333563Bottle Size: 750MLDomaine de l’Abbaye, surrounded by terraces was once connected to the Abbey of Thoronet. At that time, the monks were cultivating the land that now belongs to Frank Petit. In 1990 this Cuvée was the first to be rated 3 stars by the Guide Hachette in France.
60% Syrah, 10% Cinsault 30% Grenache
Festive wine to be opened at any time of the day & special occasion... Aperitif, with seafood raw or cooked lobster, fish and meat dishes but also exotique cuisines.
- Item #: i_344228Bottle Size: 750ML"From the prettiest village on the Mediterranean comes one of the finest of our roses. The Cassis Rose gives expression to the intense minerality that comes from the white stone cliffs that provide background to these vineyards; but there is also a gracious and silky texture that makes this most satisfying and the perfect accompaniment to grilled fish freshly caught. A blend of 40% Cinsault, 35% Grenache and 25% Mourvedre. A brilliant companion to the compelling white from this estate that also demands your attention." MADROSE.COM
- Item #: i_352344Bottle Size: 750mlPale salmon-flesh color; delicate aroma-zest of red grapefruit and lemon; exotic, spicy character. Great plenitude of flavors including passion fruit, and a beautiful minerally freshness which comes from the limestone soil. Blend: 60% Mourvèdre, 20% Cinsault, 20% Grenache
- Item #: i_309506Bottle Size: 750ML70% Grenache Gris and Grenache Noir, 10% Mourvèdre, 10% Carignan, 10% Cinsault
Winemaker's Notes - A crystalline salmon colour with superb amethyst tints. Fine separate legs run slowly down the glass.Stunningly balanced, this is an extremely appetent wine!A direct and considerable freshness - the density and richness of the fruit mingle with the superb acid vitality giving a wine with a frisson and a magnificent persistency. Ideal as an aperitif with toast and crushed olives, or with wok-fried vegetables and garlic mayonnaise, grilled fish, lamb tajine, finely roasted guinea-fowl with rosemary...
- Item #: i_352342Bottle Size: 750mlThe rosé utilizes younger vines of Grenache, Clairette and Cinsault, procuring such bright, lively fruit - in its youth, so full of bold primary notes. The wine also doesn't undergo malolactic fermentation, keeping the wine zippy and full of energy. Expect classic Southern French rosé notes of wild strawberry and raspberry, hints of Mediterranean herbs and fresh floral notes. This is a very light rosé in hue, for those searching for light and delicate in style. A perfect apéritif.
- Item #: i_352425Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine Dupeuble is a benchmark in Beaujolais, crafting some of the region’s freshest expressions of Gamay for over 500 years. For the quality of wine that’s in your glass, “bang for your buck” doesn’t do the Dupeubles’ wines justice. Their rosé is no exception and is undoubtedly one of our best value rosés.
- Item #: i_345384Bottle Size: 750MLCôte des Roses celebrates the Mediterranean lifestyle. The Languedoc appellation stretches along the Mediterranean coast from the Spanish border as far as the city of Nîmes, along the foothills of the Montagne Noire and the Cévennes. The soils are highly varied, mainly with hard limestone and schist, but also gravel transported by the rivers of the Languedoc region.
The warm, windy climate (“semi-arid Mediterranean climate with mild winters”) helps the grapes to ripen in good, healthy condition, while retaining all their fresher qualities thanks to the altitude and the influence of the sea which eases the scorching summer heat. The bottle is original with its base in the shape of a rose, created by a young designer from the Ecole Boulle. A wine to be given in the same way you would offer a bunch of roses!
A soft, pale, brilliant pink with bluish tints developing over time towards more orangey nuances. The bouquet releases aromas of summer fruits, cassis and redcurrant. Floral notes of rose along with hints of grapefruit complete the picture. The finish is fresh, offering notes of candy. On the palate the impression is fresh and full, with great aromatic persistence and balance.
- Item #: i_352777Bottle Size: 750mlHi Time Exclusive!!!
This Rose is a special selection made especially for Hi-Time Wine Cellars and it's the first time we've put our family's name on a wine (Hanson Family Selections). As a respected purveyor of fine wine for more than 60 years, it is our goal to exceed our loyal customer's expectations. We feel confident we have done exactly that with this rose. This dry Rose is flat-out delicious, aromatic and fresh. It will provide excellent thirst-quenching refreshment on a warm summer's day.
This Cotes de Provence Rose comes from the small village of Le Beausset located just a few kilometers outside the famous appellation of Bandol, where the Mourvedre grape is king. This micro-climate near the Mediterranean is characterized by maximum sunshine tempered by cool nights, which preserve freshness in the grapes. We sampled several custom blends before selecting this cuvee and are thrilled with the quality.
The Grenache, Cinsault and Mourvedre grapes for this wine are harvested specifically for the production of rose and are pressed directly into temperature-controlled tanks for a short maceration. This creates a lively rose with good fruit and excellent freshness.
This delicious wine is perfect for summer gatherings around the pool or barbecue and represents an exceptional value. Enjoy!
Tasting Notes - Light pink in color. Highly expressive on the nose with aromas of red berries, peaches, roses, citrus and tropical fruit. On the palate, the texture is impressive. Medium-bodied yet light on its feet, this boasts a refreshing quality that keeps you coming back for more. Absolutely delicious!
- Item #: i_351040Bottle Size: 750ml"For our Cotes de Provence rosé we take a path quite apart from the one we follow for our Languedoc rosé, with its high proportion of Syrah. We have sought a Provence rosé of immense charm and minerality redolent of fennel, anise and purple flowers. We love just sipping this wine out on our garden in Aix-en-Provence. Grab a glass with some friends and taste with a fougasse, some anchovies and even some Salonenque olives." —winemaker
Classic in style, Hecht & Bannier Rosé offers loads of grapefruit and orange peel aromatics along with the elegance and nuance you expect from Provence.
- Item #: i_345444Bottle Size: 750ML"It's the most wonderful time of the year..." Of course, we are talking about Dry French Rose season which is just starting; we loved this one so much, we made it our wine of the month. Juliette comes from the Provence region of Southern France, home of the most exquisite and traditional rose wines in the world (and you'll see many more in the next few months!). Produced at the maison of Domaine de La Sangliere, Juliette is a true expression of a traditional Provencal rose wine.
The Style - Juliette is refreshing and elegant, bone dry rose wine, with layers of lively fruit and a bright, smooth finish-just the way a true rose wine from Southern France should be.
Tasting Notes - Elegant and pretty, soft fruits resonate in the nose with layers of mixed melons, plantain, ripe peach and a touch of creme fraiche. The palate is hugely lush yet tempered with acidity. Minerally notes and stone fruits dance with light brown spices and a touch of sea salt/salt air-and the finish echoes with gently receding fruit flavors.
Pairing Notes - Juliette is also an exceptional food wine that pairs with so many different types of cuisines. While Juliette serves an excellent stand alone aperitif wine, Juliette is a perfect pair for grilled fish, seafood, steamed fish, lobster, shellfish, bouillabaisse and other traditional Provencal cuisine.
- Item #: i_350987Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 92 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 92 POINTS - " The 2017 Miraflors Rosé is another beauty that's loaded with fresh, crisp, vibrant strawberry and raspberry fruit. Clean, pure, textured and elegant on the palate, with gorgeous purity, it's a rocking rosé that does everything right. The blend is 70% Mourvèdre and 30% Grenache Gris brought up all in tank. Hats off to vigneron Jean-Marc Lafage for another smoking good rosé!"
- Item #: i_352247Bottle Size: 750mlLaporte is a certified organic producer and the wine here is made in a very traditional, natural way, employing organic methods and always ensuring a sense of purity and excellence.
With a pink salmon colored dress, this Rose Sancerre reveals fine notes of grapes and pieces of exotic fruit in the nose. In the mouth, it reveals a smooth and fresh feeling. Delicious as an aperitif, this is ideal with salad.
- Item #: i_333852Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91There are many reasons why this wine is as popular as it is. Some tracks from Pink Floyd's "The Wall" album were laid down at the Château, in a studio built by the well-known jazz pianist and composer Jacques Loussier in 1970 when we took ownership of the property. When contemplating seminal albums in the rock pantheon of the ages, this is generally one of a handful near the summit. Other musicians over the years have also used the Château's facilities to record in: Sting, Sade, The Cranberries, The Gipsy Kings.
For a more recent popular reference, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have taken up residence and have given impetus to the heart of the estate as a place dedicated to the arts-- music, cinema, theatre, local food and fine wine. Kudos to them for not over-aggrandizing their presence; the elegant design and packaging of the bottle has a simple message on the back: "Mis en bouteille par Jolie-Pitt & Perrin." The main reason this wine is popular is simple: it's a fantastic Côtes de Provence Rosé. Compared to some of the rosés we've seen and tasted priced in the mid-$30s, this is quite a bargain as well as being lush and delicious.
Since 2012, the owners of Château Miraval have partnered with Famille Perrin (Château Beaucastel) to help with the viticulture, winemaking and wine distribution. As one of the leading French wine producing families, Famille Perrin is experienced in producing high caliber wines. With investments in the latest winemaking technology and a passion for excellence at every stage of production, Château Miraval is dedicated to delivering top quality wines to international acclaim. The estate is cultivated 100% organically and the wine is a blend of Cinsault, Grenache, Syrah and Rolle.