- Item #: i_353484Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 91WINE ENTHUSIAST 91 POINTS - "60% Grenache, 30% Syrah and 10% Mourvèdre. Rosé de saignée (bleed technique) with a vibrant ruby color, complex and elegant, notes of crushed strawberries and rose petals. Tavel Le Cretace Rose gives up vibrant wild strawberry, watermelon, crushed flowers and hints of spice to go with a medium-bodied, layered and seamless profile on the palate. A classic rose from this appellation, enjoy this beauty with food over the coming year or two."
- Item #: i_311351Bottle Size: 750MLWe love the dry rosés from the south of France. This one is made from 30% Grenache Noir and 70% Syrah. The red grapes are cold macerated for between 4 and 12 hours. The juice is drawn off the skins when the desired color is reached. The wine is then fermented in temperature controlled stainless steel tanks. The result is a delightful dry rosé, with aromas and flavors of blueberries and blackberries and a crisp finish. Try this with quiche, ham, shrimp or fish or turkey burgers.
- Item #: i_345529Bottle Size: 750ML“Esprit Gassier” is the “Gassier Spirit” that combines the exceptional terroir of the Sainte-Victoire region with Côtes de Provence varietals to produce a wine that expresses the family’s passion, expertise and creativity. The beautiful label, designed by a local artist, is silk-screened on the bottle to create a striking package.
A very clear rosé with shades of peach; floral nose with white and yellow fruit notes (peach, apricot, pear); in the mouth, round and delicate with notes of white peach, mandarin and grapefruit.
- Item #: i_353276Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 91WINE ENTHUSIAST 91 POINTS - " "With its predominance of Grenache, this wine is generously packed with red fruits along with fresh acidity and a layer of pepper. The wine is both rich and crisp, a balance that makes it ready to drink."
- Item #: i_351129Bottle Size: 750mlThis rosé is quintessential of the local style. Pale honeysuckle pink, and offering a clean nose of citrus fruit, offset by subtle floral and candied notes. Fresh acidity makes for an incisive and lively palate, with a rounded feel. Partner with the delicate flavours of fresh shellfish, or with a mozzarella and sun-ripened tomato salad.
- Item #: i_345474Bottle Size: 750MLChateau de Pampelonne produces an excellent red wine and a modest amount of white wine, but it is the Cotes de Provence Rose for which the estate is best known. In addition to the classic rose cepages of Grenache, Cinsault and Syrah, Pampelonne also uses Tibouren in the blend. This ancient Greek variety, now unique to this area of France, is valued for the aromatic intensity it lends to some of Provence's finest roses.
- Item #: i_306007Bottle Size: 750ML"This is the elite cuvee of the estate relying as it does on grapes harvested from the oldest vines of the domaine (35 years and older). Principally composed of Cinsault, Grenache and Syrah, the "Chateau" bottling also sees the addition, from time-to-time of Tibouren, the ancient and regal Provencale grape. This Rose is produced via the "direct press" method and has a long cuvaison designed to produce a wine of character and concentration. Vinified in stainless steel and bottled in late winter - early spring, production is quite limited." MADROSE.COM
- Item #: i_345015Bottle Size: 750ML45% Cinsault 35% Grenache 20% Syrah
The Chateau Routas displays bright, salmon color in the glass accompanied by freshly cut watermelon, ripe peach aromas and floral notes lead to a palate alive with wild strawberries and hints of mineral notes. Crisp acidity and a refreshing finish.
- Item #: i_352253Bottle Size: 750mlYou won’t find many rosés made like this, in the Beaujolais or anywhere else: fermented with ambient yeasts, malolactic complete, bottled only when the wine is ready. In other words, it is produced like a serious wine of any color, allowed to run its natural course rather than being manipulated to designer specs and rushed into bottle. The result is a sleek, suave rosé that expresses the nuances of its terroir—granite soils outside the cru of Brouilly—with succulent flesh and a mouthwatering finish punctuated by a pleasant salinity. —Anthony Lynch
- Item #: i_333702Bottle Size: 750MLBandol is one of the oldest wine growing region in France. The first vine was planted by the Romans 2,500 years ago. Chateau Vaniiéres is recognized among the most prestigious domaines of Bandol. Exotique aromas with orange zest, rose petals, coconut, cantaloupe melon and minerals. Decisive attack brining notes of toasted almonds, spices and finishing with integrated acidity and minerality. A very complex rose. The long, minerally finish ripples pleasantly. It will perfectly escort grilled fish, Provençal specialities, seafood and lobster dishes. (40% Mourvèdre per 30% Grenache 30% Cinsault)
Exotique aromas with orange zest, rose petals, coconut, cantaloupe melon and minerals. Decisive attack brining notes of toasted almonds, spices and finishing with integrated acidity and minerality. A very complex rose.
- Item #: i_334215Bottle Size: 750MLBIODYNAMIC
Figari is a small wine zone in the southern extremity of Corsica, sandwiched between the Mediterranean Sea and imposing granite mountains. The harsh conditions here—rugged terrain, baking heat, and powerful winds—do not exactly bring to mind traits like elegance and nuance in the local wines. Yet at Clos Canarelli, brilliant execution of biodynamic viticulture paired with an everevolving quest for finesse and precision in the cellar makes this rosé a class act through and through. A blend of Sciaccarellu, Niellucciu, and Grenache, the 2017 evokes tangerine and wild herbs, finishing with a tangy sea-salt minerality.
- Item #: i_306006Bottle Size: 750MLEvery year we await the release of the Commanderie de Peyrassol Rosé. The wait is over and this dry and flavorful thirst-quenching wine is now in stock at Hi Time. This staff favorite is fresh, aromatic and crisp with vibrant intensity of flavors which give sheer pleasure. We believe so strongly in this wine that we bought every bottle we could. In fact, we are the only Orange County retailer with this wine and we are able to offer it at the lowest price in California!
The Commanderie de Peyrassol comes from the foremost appellation for French Rosé, the Côtes de Provence. The grapes are sourced from fully matured vines with an average age of 25 years. The blend is comprised of Cinsault, Syrah and Grenache with a touch of Mourvèdre. Harvested separately during the night when temperatures are coolest, the grapes are then de-stemmed and pressed. After fermentation they are aged in stainless steel vats to preserve freshness..
The wines of Peyrassol fully express the quality of the terroir and several centuries of know-how. Wine has been produced from this favored site for more than 800 years. Generations of wine growers have nurtured the vineyard and its vines which are is located at an elevation of 330 metres on the lower slopes of the Massif des Maures. The soil consists of clay and limestone which is ideal for viticulture. All this contributes to Commanderie being considered amongst the top Rosés being produced in Provence.
Highly sought after yet surprisingly affordable, this is a great Rosé to stock up on and have on hand throughout the summer. It is the perfect refreshment to open for guests or enjoy by the pool and pairs with most any food. One sip is all it takes to understand why this Rose is so popular with our staff and customers. Enjoy!
Flat-out gorgeous with classic salmon-pink coloring. The nose is expressive with aromas of rose, wild berries, raspberry and citrus. On the palate, the wine is fresh, refined and dry with refreshing acidity and a silky palate feel. Flavors of fresh strawberries, melon and citrus are enhanced with a touch of minerality on the lengthy finish. Very harmonious.
- Item #: i_344228Bottle Size: 750ML"From the prettiest village on the Mediterranean comes one of the finest of our roses. The Cassis Rose gives expression to the intense minerality that comes from the white stone cliffs that provide background to these vineyards; but there is also a gracious and silky texture that makes this most satisfying and the perfect accompaniment to grilled fish freshly caught. A blend of 40% Cinsault, 35% Grenache and 25% Mourvedre. A brilliant companion to the compelling white from this estate that also demands your attention." MADROSE.COM
- Item #: i_309506Bottle Size: 750ML90% Grenache Gris, 5% Carignan, 5% Mourvèdre
Deep in the Corbières appellation, in the heart of the esteemed sub-zone of Boutenac, the Laboucarié family of Domaine de Fontsainte has earned a following for their light, crisp rosé of direct-press Grenache Gris. The 2019 edition provides all the euphoria we have come to expect from the wine’s flawless track record of thirty-plus years of thirst-quenching delight. Bright and crisp, with an appetizing color that glimmers seductively in the glass, the 2019 delivers a fragrant burst of juicy citrus, fraises des bois, and orange blossom before a delicate, finely etched mineral finish cleanses and stimulates the palate. Anthony Lynch
- Item #: i_344241Bottle Size: 750MLThe wines of Denis Jamain at the Domaine de Reuilly are getting better and better - his 2018 Rosé of Pinot Gris is from vines in conversion to organic and biodynamic certification, fermented with wild yeasts. The color is a lovely pale onion skin, the aromas are floral and pretty with gooseberry, peach and citrus. Light berry, peach and stone flavors on the palate are framed in firm acidity. With good ripeness, but subtle and balanced, this unique rosé will accompany a wide variety of foods, from fish to grilled meats and Asian foods, and it's lovely to sip by itself! ORGANIC
- Item #: i_353430Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 90Vinous Media: 94VINOUS 94 POINTS - "Brilliant onion skin. Highly perfumed, mineral-accented aromas of fresh red berries and citrus and pit fruits are complemented by a steadily building floral quality. Silky, focused and energetic on the palate, offering concentrated white peach, melon, strawberry and blood orange flavors that show sharp definition and impressive tension. Expands steadily on the extremely long, focused, mineral-driven finish, which leaves a suave floral note behind."
- Item #: i_345384Bottle Size: 750MLCôte des Roses celebrates the Mediterranean lifestyle. The Languedoc appellation stretches along the Mediterranean coast from the Spanish border as far as the city of Nîmes, along the foothills of the Montagne Noire and the Cévennes. The soils are highly varied, mainly with hard limestone and schist, but also gravel transported by the rivers of the Languedoc region.
The warm, windy climate (“semi-arid Mediterranean climate with mild winters”) helps the grapes to ripen in good, healthy condition, while retaining all their fresher qualities thanks to the altitude and the influence of the sea which eases the scorching summer heat. The bottle is original with its base in the shape of a rose, created by a young designer from the Ecole Boulle. A wine to be given in the same way you would offer a bunch of roses!
A soft, pale, brilliant pink with bluish tints developing over time towards more orangey nuances. The bouquet releases aromas of summer fruits, cassis and redcurrant. Floral notes of rose along with hints of grapefruit complete the picture. The finish is fresh, offering notes of candy. On the palate the impression is fresh and full, with great aromatic persistence and balance.
- Item #: i_352777Bottle Size: 750mlWe are proud to release the second vintage of the Hanson Family Selections Rose. This is made especially for Hi-Time Wine Cellars and we're proud to put our family's name on it. As a respected purveyor of fine wine for more than 60 years, it is our goal to exceed our loyal customer's expectations. We feel confident we have done exactly that with this rose. This dry Rose is flat-out delicious, aromatic and fresh. It will provide excellent thirst-quenching refreshment on a warm summer's day.
This Cotes de Provence Rose comes from the small village of Ramatuelle located just a few kilometers away from the famed area of Saint Tropez. Winemaker Gerald Darmon has selected only the best parcels from the Tibouren, Grenache, Cinsault and Syrah vineyards. The grapes are pressed directly into temperature-controlled tanks for a short maceration. This creates a lively rose with good fruit and excellent freshness for this very special cuvee for Hanson Family Selections.
The terroir benefits from a micro-climate favorable to grape growing near the Mediterranean characterized by maximum sunshine tempered by cool nights, which preserve freshness in the grapes. The famous Mistral wind and maritime influence also play an important role in this Rose.
We sampled several custom blends before selecting this cuvee and are thrilled with the quality.
This delicious wine is perfect for summer gatherings around the pool or barbecue and represents an exceptional value. Enjoy!
Tasting Notes: Light ruby pink in color. Fruity, aromatic nose with hints of red berries, minerals, and a touch of citrus. On the palate, the wine is dry, medium-bodied and light on its feet with nice acidity and a refreshing quality that keeps you coming back for more. Absolutely delicious!
- Item #: i_351040Bottle Size: 750ml"For our Cotes de Provence rosé we take a path quite apart from the one we follow for our Languedoc rosé, with its high proportion of Syrah. We have sought a Provence rosé of immense charm and minerality redolent of fennel, anise and purple flowers. We love just sipping this wine out on our garden in Aix-en-Provence. Grab a glass with some friends and taste with a fougasse, some anchovies and even some Salonenque olives." —winemaker
Classic in style, Hecht & Bannier Rosé offers loads of grapefruit and orange peel aromatics along with the elegance and nuance you expect from Provence.
- Item #: i_345397Bottle Size: 750MLVignobles Mourat was created in 1974. The 67 ha of vineyards, on the hillsides of the Loire Valley, are 20 kms from the Atlantic ocean, between Nantes and la Rochelle. There are two major types of soil: volcanic; with 20 to 35% quartz which produce aromatic, white wines with lots of minerality; and sedimentary schist, produced from a compression of pure clay. The roots of the vines can easily traverse the layers of schist and go deep into the soil avoiding any problems of drought. Planted on these soils are Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon and Negrette which ripen well there. The wines are balanced with silky tannins.
Fiefs is a preserve or stronghold. Vendéen is someone or something from the west coast of France and the Fiefs Vendéens had their own appellation controlée for a couple of years)
The 67 hectare vineyard of J. Mourat is located to the south of the Loire valley within close proximity to the Atlantic Ocean so a maritime climate prevails. The vines are planned on a hillside overlooking the beautiful Lay valley, and is a gorgeous place to visit. This is an ancient land that was settled by the Romans who, thankfully, brought vines from Rome and planted them in Mareuil sur Lay to slake their thirst!
There are only three wines to complete the range at Mourat: the Rouge a blend of Pinot Noir, Cabernet Franc and the exotic Negrette, The Rosé follows a similar blend with just a few hours skin contact with the red varieties while the White is a blend of Chardonnay and Chenin blanc.
The Mourat family are passionate about the special qualities that are to be found in the wines of this most southerly of Loire appellations. It is fair to say that they alone have been responsible for lifting the wines of the Fiefs Vendéens from virtual obscurity. Their most significant master stroke is the revival of the Clos St André, a vineyard just five hundred meters from their Chateau Marie du Fou mansion. This property, formerly owned by the Taittinger family, had been left untended since 1968 and was purchased by Jérémie Mourat in 2005. Jérémie replanted the vineyard (Chenin Blanc) and brought the nine hectares back into production. The 2009 provided confirmation of the potential of the Clos St André and subsequent vintages have further enhanced the growing reputation of the Fiefs Vendéens. Their Rosé is the flagship wine of the Domaine and it gathers a new disciple whenever it is tasted for the first time.