- Item #: i_345448Bottle Size: 750MLBIODYNAMIC
Mercurey Les Montots is a powerful wine with aromas of dark fruit followed by subtle animal and spicy notes. The palate is rich and elegant. The wine’s distinct acidity lends it a very drinkable quality and evokes fruits of the forest. This wine can be enjoyed after between two and eight years.
Les Montots is situated on fairly steep slope with southern exposure, planted with a selection of Pinot Noir vines from Nuits-Saint-Georges chosen for teir aromatic qualities and moderate yield. Les Montots is a Mercurey of its own kind, structured and viforous, deep with a dark ruby color.
- Item #: i_351634Bottle Size: 750mlThe vines here are from southeast facing slopes in a section of Les Lys known as “Clos du Roi” (effectively a monopole of the Defaix estate). The Defaix domaine owns 3.5 hectares of this 5 hectare 1er Cru. The resulting wine is long-lived and displays remarkable finesse and length, a classic Chablis. One often encounters the flavors and aromas of bergamot, acacia and honey in the Les Lys alongside a compelling freshness, a wine of excellent tension. The average age of the vines is 45 years.
- Item #: i_351279Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The 2016 Pouilly-Fuissé Tête de Cru Clos des Prouges was cropped at a mere 29 hectoliters per hectare this year, and it's a little more fleshy and exotic in profile, bursting with aromas of spring flowers, orange zest, peaches and fresh pastry. On the palate, it's full-bodied, ample and rich, with succulent balancing acids and a long, fragrant finish. It's a bit more precocious than usual and will drink well out of the gates."
- Item #: i_351619Bottle Size: 750mlThe name "Sous Éguison" refers to the cliff above the vineyard. The cliff offers protection from the North winds, which is a significant advantage given how harsh the climate is and how bitter the Spring frosts are at this altitude. The natural growth cycle of the vines is also slower and the grapes mature a full week later than at lower levels. The vineyard was planted by Caroline Lestime on a terroir which gives the Chardonnay varietal great power. This cuvee expresses the tradition and experience of great quality.
- Item #: i_352712Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92-94WINE ADVOCATE 92-94 POINTS: "The 2016 Chablis 1er Cru Montee de Tonnerre has such a pretty, winsome bouquet with scents of pressed white flowers, white peach, subtle smoke and walnut aromas. The palate is flinty on the entry with wonderful tension. This is not a powerful Chablis but one that emphasizes the terroir and is blessed with a precise, elegant and persistent finish. This is an outstanding effort by Benoît Droin and clearly the pick of his premier crus this year."
VINOUS 92-94 POINTS: "Light yellow-green. Captivating, soil-driven scents of lime skin, crushed rock, fresh herbs and caraway seed. In a distinctly cool style, despite the fact that Droin picked these vines later at 12.8% potential alcohol due to hydric stress here in August, but with noteworthy density to the slightly reduced flavors of anise and rock. Not hugely ripe but strong in extract and very long and saline on the slowly building aftertaste, finishing with a suggestion of silex. I love the cool minerality on display here."
- Item #: i_352163Bottle Size: 750mlThe Borgeot brothers, Pascal and Laurent, are fourth generation winemakers. Their village Remigny is in the departement of Saone et Loire, so they are not in the Cote d’Or phone book, a source of eternal consternation for them, especially with the village of Santenay in site across the fields. Together, they work 48 acres of vines, half in red, half in white. The majority of these vines are 30 years old or older, with parcels of Santenay ‘Les Gravieres’ and Santenay ‘Vieilles Vignes’ older than 50 years. For over twenty years, their vines have received only organic fertilizers. They work the soil in winter to keep down weeds and increase micro-bacteriological activity. Where they have replanted, they have chosen strains of vines that are low yielding. All of these policies are aimed at bringing the harvest to full and perfect maturity as often as possible. Borgeot wines are floral and lemony in their youth, with spice and honey-drops as they develop. The Borgeot brothers, Pascal and Laurent, are fourth generation winemakers.
- Item #: i_351284Bottle Size: 750mlThe Gagey family owns vineyards in Beaune, Chambolle Musigny and other places, they have an arrangement with Maison Louis Jadot to make wines out of the grapes in those vineyards. The Gagey family has been managing the Jadot vineyards along with the Jadot family for decades. Les Chouacheux is among the smaller of Beaune’s premiers crus, a squarish, 12.5-acre vineyard situated near the south end of the commune on the slope just below Vignes Franches. The slightly deeper soils in the lower part of the slope produce plump, fruity wines offset by the delicacy characteristic of the southernmost vineyards.
- Item #: i_350612Bottle Size: 750mlThe Domaine Robert-Denogent is a small but tenaciously quality-driven producer of Chardonnay wines based in the Mâconnais village of Fuissé in the warm climate of Southern Burgundy. Situated approximately 70 miles south of the better known Côte d’Or, an area that produces the most celebrated and expensive Burgundy wines, the most famous wine of the Mâcon sub-region is Pouilly Fuissé AOC.
Pouilly-Fuissé Les Reisses "Monopole", a parcel of 0.6 hectares of eighty two year old vines growing on clay soil.
These wines from Robert-Denogent offer quite amazing value with a wonderful richness of white and yellow fruits, intense minerality, great complexity and very good length which is, to be honest, more typical of the best white wines of the Côte de Beaune than the Mâconnais.
- Item #: i_352768Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92+WINE ADVOCATE 92+ POINTS - "A generous bouquet of marzipan and ripe pears that's subtly framed by new wood introduces the 2017 Pouilly-Fuissé En Bertillonne, a medium to full-bodied, deep and muscular wine that's textural and blocky in profile, with ripe underlying acids and a heady finish. Its structure and concentration are impressive, but it will merit a little bottle age."
- Item #: i_352769Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "The 2017 Pouilly-Fuissé opens in the glass with an attractive bouquet of confit citrus, Anjou pear and blanched almonds. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, deep and fleshy, with ripe acids, a nicely concentrated core of fruit and good tension at the core despite its expressive profile."
- Item #: i_322224Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90James Suckling: 94JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "This has a very fresh and pure lemon nose with iodine, wet-chalk and spiced almond-biscuit notes. The palate has a stunning array of lemons, peaches and grapefruit with a seamless, pastry-like texture and a late, flinty twist to the succulent, grapefruit finish. Drink or hold."