- Item #: i_352749Bottle Size: 375mlWine Advocate: 94Wine Spectator: 93James Suckling: 95Wine Enthusiast: 97 PointsJeb Dunnuck: 97 Points**Please note, this is a half sized bottleWINE ENTHUSIAST 97 POINTS - "This wine is dense, mingling spicy nutmeg along with superb ripe honey and marmalade flavors. With its balanced acidity and opulence, it is going to be a great wine."
JEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "One of the top sweet wines in this report is the 2016 Château Coutet, which has the vintage’s plush, opulent style as well as thrilling purity and good acids. Pineapple, white flowers, sugared peach, and honeyed notes all emerge from this full-bodied, layered, balanced Barsac that’s already impossible to resist yet will evolve gracefully 2+ decades."
JAMES SUCKLING 95 POINTS - "The vibrant, tropical fruit-coulis character The vibrant, tropical fruit-coulis character draws you into this concentrated and elegant Barsac. Then the crisp acidity and a wave of lemon and mineral character comes through, driving the finish out in the direction of the horizon. Drink or hold."
WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Pale lemon colored, the 2016 Coutet reveals gorgeous quince paste, candied ginger and key lime pie scents with touches of lemon marmalade and peach compote. Full-bodied, rich and seriously seductive, it has a lively line cutting through the sweet, dense layers and epically long finish."
WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Unctuous in feel, with marzipan, candied orange peel and praline notes leading the way for a juicy display of mango, peach and papaya flavors. The rich finish has a nice toasty hint. Best from 2023 through 2038."
- Item #: i_351563Bottle Size: 375mlWine Advocate: 96**Please note, this is a half sized bottleWINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "Pale lemon colored, the 2016 Climens has a super intense nose of lemon marmalade, candied orange peel, crystallized ginger and lime tart with touches of musk perfume and fungi. The palate is wonderfully intense and refreshing with loads of layers and an epic finish."
- Item #: i_350942Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 91 PointsVINOUS 92 POINTS - "The 2016 Clos Floridène Blanc is a huge overachiever. Green apple, pear and jasmine are some of the many nuances laced into this silky, beautifully textured white. Even though it has just been bottled, the 2016 is super impressive. Today, the 2016 stands out for its brightness and overall energy."
- Item #: i_345409Bottle Size: 750MLHervé Dubourdieu’s easy charm and modest disposition are complemented by his focus and ferocious perfectionism. He prefers to keep to himself, spending most of his time with his family in his modest, tasteful home, surrounded by his vineyards in the Sauternes and Graves appellations. Roûmieu-Lacoste, situated in Haut Barsac, originates from his mother’s side of the family, dating back to 1890. He also owns Château Graville-Lacoste and Château Ducasse, where he grows grapes for his Graves Blanc and Bordeaux Blanc, respectively. In the words of Dixon Brooke, “Hervé is as meticulous a person as I have encountered in France’s vineyards and wineries. Everything is kept in absolutely perfect condition, and the wines showcase the results of this care – impeccable.” Hervé is incredibly hard on himself. Despite the pedigree and complexity of the terroir and the quality of the wines, he has never been quite satisfied to rest on his laurels, always striving to outdo himself. This is most evident in his grape-sorting process for the Sauternes. Since botrytis is paramount to making great Sauternes, he employs the best harvesters available, paying them double the average wage to discern between the “noble rot,” necessary to concentrate the sugars for Sauternes, and deleterious rot. Hervé is so fastidious that he will get rid of a whole basket of fruit if a single grape with the harmful rot makes it in with healthy ones to be absolutely sure to avoid even the slightest contamination. Another thing that we love about Hervé is that he would rather entrust the selling to us than be away from his vines, so he lets us buy the lion’s share of his production. This is an important factor in keeping wine of this quality at so low a price.
Roûmieu-Lacoste is in the climat of Haut Barsac, an area famous (and in fact more renowned historically than the Sauternes appellation as a whole) for its particularly robust, powerfully styled moelleux with pronounced acidity. The vineyards are just across the road from First Growth Château Climens on a similar soil: calcareous clay on fissured rock, peppered with red iron, white limestone, and grey flint gravel. The Graville-Lacoste property produces a Graves Blanc, known primarily for its stony soil composition and fresh minerality. This wine and the Bordeaux Blanc of Château Ducasse are very different from others from their appellations: Hervé blends a high proportion of Sémillon (60%) and a splash of Muscadelle (5%) with Sauvignon Blanc (35%), creating a rich, full, aromatic mid-palate to complement the clean finish. These are the perfect go-to whites that pair well with anything from fish to poultry, picnic fare to Indian curries.
- Item #: i_353025Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 93-94Decanter: 93 PointsJAMES SUCKLING 93-94 POINTS - "This shows beautiful density and layers for a baby white with cooked apples, pears and hints of yogurt. Full-bodied, fresh and bright."
DECANTER 93 POINTS - "This is an exceptionally good Clarté, a second wine to buy this year if you possibly can, underlining just what exceptional whites have been produced at the Haut-Brion stable in 2017. It has lovely aromatics, with persistent flavours of exotic stone fruit, white flowers, soft rosemary and slatey minerality. It's generous without losing focus. Just 7% of production was put into Clarendelle. Harvested 22 to 31 August. 60% new oak."
- Item #: i_333023Bottle Size: 750MLROBERTPARKER.COM: "The 2016 Le Blanc Sec from Suduiraut is a blend of 51% Semillon and 49% Sauvignon Blanc matured in 10% new oak. It has a simple, light lime flower and grapefruit scented bouquet. The palate is fresh and a little reserved on the entry with a taut citrus and green apple finish. Drink over the next two or three years."
- Item #: i_399915Bottle Size: 750MLeROBERT PARKER 91 POINTS: "This wine contains an extremely high percentage of Semillon (usually about 90%), which was to its benefit in 1997. The wine is light medium gold-colored, with a blockbuster nose of Grand Marnier liqueur intertwined with flower blossoms, smoky new oak, and coconut. Well-integrated wood has resulted in a seamless, full-bodied, unctuously-textured wine with considerable sweetness. This is a stunningly proportioned, beautifully pure wine. Anticipated maturity: 2002-2025."