- Item #: i_351782Bottle Size: 750mlMarsanne from 100 year old vines
Bernard Faurie is the wise old man of the hill (the hill of Hermitage that is), the last of the Mohicans I’d say. Let’s start with the vines. Bernard is the fifth generation in a storied lineage working the same vines on the hill (yes, the very same, they are over 100 years old). His two principal cuvées are red Hermitages in two different blends: Gréffieux/Bessards and Bessards/Méal. Occasionally, despite his predilection, he’ll bottle a barrel of pure Méal. He also produces a miniscule quantity of Hermitage Blanc, an absolutely mesmerizing example from the lower slopes of Bessards that is wiry, stony, and coiled for many years of unfurling. Bernard’s wine has renewed a deep sense of understanding for us about what Hermitage really is, and what makes it special.
- Item #: i_352381Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 95Wine Enthusiast: 93 PointsJeb Dunnuck: 93 PointsWINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS - " A bold style, with quince, lemon curd, creamed pear, apricot and white peach flavors lending range and weight. Verbena and warm brioche details infuse the lush finish. Very showy and pulls it off. Drink now through 2021."
JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS
WINE ENTHUSIAST 93
- Item #: i_351257Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93-95`ROBERT PARKER 93-95 POINTS: "VT's 2017 Chateauneuf du Pape Blanc is a blend of 45% Clairette, 30% Grenache Blanc, 15% Roussanne and 10% Bourboulenc, fermented in a mix of foudres, demi-muids and barriques. It's medium to full-bodied but tight, with crisp lime, lemon and pear notes carried on a silky-textured palate. You could drink this on release and enjoy it for its focus and delineation, or you could give the inner richness the time it needs (2-3 years) to emerge and soften the subtle citrus zest notes on the finish."
- Item #: i_351920Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 95WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS: "A plump and creamy style, with alluring yellow apple, Cavaillon melon, pear and peach flavors all gliding through, backed by hints of warm brioche and almond cream. Quite alluring in the end. Drink now through 2021. 1,200 cases made, 75 cases imported."
- Item #: i_353299Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Wine Spectator: 94WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS: "This sports juicy and ripe peach, apricot and melon flavors, but has the cut and freshness to carry it off, as heather, verbena and green almond notes streak through. Features length and excellent focus for a wine with such a showy persona. Drink now through 2022. 830 cases made, 80 cases imported."
WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS: "Barrel-fermented and aged in 20% new oak, Villard's 2017 Condrieu le Grand Vallon was my favorite of his three releases I tasted. Subtle hints of pencil shavings accent flowers and apricots on the nose, while the medium to full-bodied palate is plump, silky and fresh, with ample power, zest and hints of peppery spice on the lingering finish. It should drink well for 3-4 years."
- Item #: i_353296Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Villard's 2017 Saint Peray Version is simultaneously rich and opulent yet bright and refreshing. This medium to full-bodied blend of 65% Marsanne and 35% Roussanne was barrel fermented and aged in older barrels, giving it plenty of weight and a silky texture, but the flavors of anise and flamed citrus zest keep the wine fresh, lingering elegantly on the finish."
- Item #: i_351594Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Alluring, with almond cream, white peach, yellow apple and Cavaillon melon flavors gliding through. The caressing finish has a light piecrust echo. Drink now through 2023."
- Item #: i_352239Bottle Size: 750mlJ-B. Souillard can be considered a micro-négociant, sourcing grapes from carefully selected tiny, single plots. In the winery the approach is quite hands-off with only the minimum amount of SO2 added at bottling. This Roussanne has lovely golden hints, on the nose is intense, ripe and creamy.
- Item #: i_300174Bottle Size: 375ML**Please note, this is a half sized bottleThe Muscat expresses itself with finesse. Delicate flavours tingle the tongue with notes of pear and apricot.Traditional. In stainless steel tank at 15°C, bringing a volume of 7 to 10% neutral alcohol, to limit fermentation to a density of approximately 1050 so that at least 110 grams of sugar remain per litre.
- Item #: i_352382Bottle Size: 750mlChâteau de Saint Cosme is the leading estate of Gigondas and produces the benchmark wines of the appellation. The property has been in the hands of the Barruol family since 1570. Louis Barruol took over from his father in 1992 making a dramatic shift to quality and converting to biodynamics in 2010. Clairette is an old variety that likely originated in southern France often used to produce simple and crisp dry white wines or as a component in a blend such as Châteauneuf-du-Pape blanc. White wines from Clairette have a tradition at Saint Cosme, specifically at Le Poste, where Louis Barroul’s grandfather produced famously long-lived Le Poste Blanc. Limestone soils give Le Poste Blanc a flavor of gunflint and the ability to age for twenty years or more.