- Item #: i_353991Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 97Jeb Dunnuck: 95WINE SPECTATOR 97 POINTS - "Contains some exotic fruit--blueberry paste, boysenberry and raspberry confiture, and pastis-soaked currant--but it's a brick house too, with Turkish coffee, bittersweet chocolate and lots of singed wood spice notes fanning out on the finish. A great spine allows the elements to echo through the finish without faltering. Best from 2015 through 2030."
JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "A blend of mostly Grenache that is aged for 18 months in 1-5 year-old French oak barrels, the 2010 Domaine de Beaurenard (Paul Coulon et Fils) Châteauneuf-du-Pape Boisrenard is knockout stuff! Deep, layered, and gorgeously pure, with crème de cassis, blackberry, graphite, and licorice showing at first, it develops additional southern Rhône flair with garrigue and floral aromas all emerging with air. While full-bodied, rich, and concentrated on the palate, it is nevertheless elegant and seamless as well, with superb purity of fruit, beautiful freshness, and an energetic, vivid texture that carries masses of finely polished tannin. It needs a minimum of 4-5 years of bottle age, and will drink well for upwards of two decades."
- Item #: i_352994Bottle Size: 3LWine Advocate: 95-97Decanter: 90 to 95 point scoreWINE ADVOCATE 95-97 POINTS - "Another in a string of top vintages, Beaucastel's 2018 Chateauneuf du Pape was produced from Grenache yields of only eight hectoliters per hectare ("normal" is about 28 hectoliters per hectare, according to Marc Perrin). The final blend I was shown is almost candied in its fruity intensity of raspberries and cherries, yet it has a potent underpinning of more savory elements, like tapenade, grilled meat and dried spices. Full-bodied, with fine, silky tannins, this shows tremendous length, reverberating with hints of crushed stone on the finish."
DECANTER 95 POINTS - "A tight and compelling tannic structure, muscular and knitted down at this stage, rich and concentrated with blackberries and olive paste. Needs a few years, but already you can discern the floral aromatics that overlay the core, and this is going to evolve into a beautiful Beaucastel."
JEB DUNNUCK 94 POINTS - "Moving to the reds, the 2018 Châteauneuf Du Pape showed nicely with a deep ruby/purple color as well as classic Beaucastel aromas and flavors of darker currents, blueberries, smoked meats, black licorice and roasted herbs. With medium to full-bodied richness, a pure, clean, elegant texture, sweet tannins, and a great finish, this seamless, elegant Beaucastel will be approachable in its youth, yet still have 20+ years of prime drinking."
- Item #: i_350063Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97-99ROBERT PARKER 97-99 POINTS:-"The inky black-colored 2013 Côte Rôtie La Landonne is certainly one of the gems in the vintage, and it has more texture, depth and richness than just about every other wine out there. Charred fruits, black, black fruits, espresso, crushed rock and wood smoke all emerge from this full-bodied, concentrated Côte Rôtie that certainly shows a masculine style, yet still possesses incredible purity and elegance."
- Item #: i_350061Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 97-99Jeb Dunnuck: 98-100 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 98-100 POINTS:-"On another level, and unquestionably the best of the three vintages, the 2015 Côte Rôtie La Mouline sports an inky purple color as well as an off-the-charts bouquet of black currants, smoked herbs, spring flowers, gamey meats, and acacia flowers. Massively concentrated, opulent, and as sexy as wine gets, it reminds me of the 1978 La Mouline and has perfection written all over it. If you can afford it, this is a magical, legendary wine in the making that will keep for 4-5 decades."
ROBERT PARKER 97-99 POINTS:-"Full-bodied and powerful yet elegant, the 2015 Cote Rotie La Mouline is potentially close to perfect. Espresso, grilled meat, caramelized plum and cassis pick up hints of vanilla and herbal-floral notes on the nearly limitless finish. I can’t wait to try this again next year."
- Item #: i_353849Bottle Size: 1.5LWine Advocate: 98-100Vinous Media: 96James Suckling: 96Jeb Dunnuck: 97-99WINE ADVOCATE 98-100 POINTS - "Jaboulet's 2018 Hermitage La Chapelle features scents of crushed stone, violets and cassis. It's a classic trio, backed by a wine that's full-bodied, rich and powerful yet also airy, somehow carrying intense plum and black olive flavors without any sense of heaviness or excess weight. Then the wine finishes long and softly dusty, with tannins that accentuate its savory character, picking up delicious hints of licorice at the very end. The proportion of new oak has been trimmed back to a very reasonable 20% and is hardly noticeable in the wine."
JEB DUNNUCK 97-99 POINTS - "A deep, powerful, primordial wine (which is exactly what you’d expect for a great vintage of this cuvée), the inky hued 2018 Hermitage La Chapelle offers tons of crème de cassis as well as a liquid rock-like minerality, peppery herbs, burning embers, and graphite aromas and flavors. The palate mirrors the intensity of the bouquet and is full-bodied, concentrated, and tight, yet still packs a huge amount of baby fat. The 2018 is a beautifully pure, balanced, massively endowed La Chapelle that will need a decade of cellaring and keep for 3-4 decades with no problems."
- Item #: i_300466Bottle Size: 750ml CASEVinolust Tour of Rhone 12-pack
The Rhone Valley in France is one of its most important and productive wine regions, and also home to some of its most popular and delicious wines! But the Rhone Valley - as well as Provence and the Languedoc-Roussillon in the south of France - is full of unique personalities and unusual varietals, which we will explore over 4-weeks in this online class, tasting through 3 wines each session.
This custom 12-pack includes the following wines:
2018 Andre Perret Condrieu
2019 Faury Syrah Collines Rhodaniennes
2018 Jaboulet Domaine la Thalabert Crozes Hermitage
2018 Guigal CDR Blanc
2016 Coudoulet Beaucastel CDR Rouge
2018 Beaurenard Rasteau Les Argiles Bleues
2019 Domaine du Bagnol Cassis Blanc
2019 Clos Beylesse Rose
2018 Tempier Bandol Rouge
2019 La Domitienne Picpoul de Pinet
2017 Puech Radon Apparent Rouge
2016 D66 Vin de Pays Cotes Catalanes
Registration for the class series is separate, and can be purchased here:
For those who still want to taste along but don't want to commit to 3 bottles each week, there is also a Vinolust Tour of Rhone 4-pack that has my suggestion of one wine to taste each class, available here: Vinolust Tour of Rhone 4 Pack