- Item #: i_351076Bottle Size: 750mlLocated in the Languedoc region of the South of France, a stone’s throw away from the Mediterranean sea. Chateau Maris offers sustainable, organic wines. Maris Minervois wine is a blend of Syrah & Grenache, in AOP Minervois. Aromas of blackberry, black cherry, pepper, and blackcurrant. Attractive mouth with a fruited palate. A comforting everyday wine perfect for a roast, barbecue and sharing with friends.
- Item #: i_300108Bottle Size: 750MLA blend of: 40% Marsanne, 30% Ugni blanc, 25% Clairette, 5% Bourboulenc
Cassis is not only an active port, but what Kermit calls "an earthly paradise." The vineyards of Clos Sainte Magdeleine are particularly stunning. They jut out on a private cape to meet majestic limestone cliffs, poised spectacularly above the sparkling, azure Mediterranean. With landscapes such as these, it is only fitting that writers and poets alike have found inspiration in Cassis. Only a handful of vignerons today are fortunate enough to produce A.O.C. Cassis, and the small quantities available are largely consumed locally with fresh fish—the best way to enjoy them. The Sack-Zafiropulos family has been making wine here for four generations and has continued to craft wines of grace and finesse, just as they were when founder Jules Savon won the Gold Medal for the domaine at the World's Fair in 1900. That they share their limited quantities with us makes this long-term relationship all the more special.
Viticulture and vinification at Clos Sainte Magdeleine is under the direction of Francois Sack. The domaine bottles both a white and a rose, the latter of which is especially limited. Sack just started the three-year long conversion to organic viticulture, a philosophic progression after years of sustainable farming. Clos Sainte Magdeleine's success lies in an uncanny ability to capture a dichotomous nerve and sun-kissed unctuousness in their wines, making them both incredibly food-friendly and delicious entirely on their own.
- Item #: i_350802Bottle Size: 750mlThe first vineyards at Domaine de Fontsainte, in the Corbières appellation, were planted by the Romans. Artifacts found in these vineyards, such as an old coin dating from the time of Marcus Agrippa in 25 A.D., are a testament to its antiquity. He farms the land sustainably and keeps treatments to a minimum. Grenache and Syrah are de-stemmed by hand; Carignan goes through carbonic maceration.
- Item #: i_350734Bottle Size: 750mlA custom cuvée for European Cellars and a joint project between Eric Solomon and Jean-Marc Lafage, Bastide Miraflors is a cuvée created from old vine Grenache (30%) grown on the schist and granite soils of Saint-Paul de Fenouillet, a terroir that always ripens late in the year, and Syrah (70%) from gravelly soils near the Mediterranean. After a long maceration of six weeks, the wine ages for 12 months in roughly 3/4 concrete vats and 1/4 600L French oak demi-muids.
- Item #: i_354122Bottle Size: 750mlCertification: Organic Grapes: Marsanne with skin of Grenache Blanc/Grenache Gris/Vermentino/Roussanne/Viognier Region: Corbières, Languedoc, France Soil: Argilo-calcareous and round pebbles. Terroirs of Corbières Boutenac Vinification: The Marsanne is disrectly pressed. The Grenache Blanc skins, Grenache Gris, Vermentino, Roussanne, and Viognier are left to infuse on the skins for 1 month. Fermentation occurs spontaneously with indigenous yeasts. Sulfites: low addition at bottling From the Winemakers: A skin contact wine that introduces drinkers to a new era of infused wines
- Item #: i_350354Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 93JEB DUNNUCK 91-93 POINTS - "The 2018 Côtes Du Roussillon Villages Les Vignes De Bila Haut showed nicely, with both freshness and richness, Clean blackberry, currants, violets, and a kiss of minerality all emerge from the glass, and it's medium-bodied, with beautiful depth of fruit and a great finish."
- Item #: i_333477Bottle Size: 750MLA blend of Grenache, Syrah, and assorted Bordeaux varietals
WINEMAKER NOTES - Opaque with ruby accents, the wine is intensely perfumed with aromas of vivid wild berry, warm spice, plum, kirsch, lavender and subtle oak nuances. The entry is juicy and penetrating with rich flavors of ripe blackberry, racy currant and blueberry that generously coat the palate. Easy drinking, the finish is long and clean with just the right amount of polished tannins to keep the fruit in focus.
- Item #: i_353504Bottle Size: 750ml"Apparente" started as a collaboration between Cyril Cuche and famed natural winemaker Eric Texier. Puech Redon is a large and diverse property located in the Languedoc, with a total of 380 hectares that are split between 200h of grain, 52h of vines, and over 100h of woods and garrigues. Cyril's grandfather acquired this land in the aftermath of World War II, and Cyril himself has been at the helm for over 20 years. Under his father, the property was farmed conventionally for 30 years. Cyril, seeing the potential of such a large, contained area, decided from the get-go that it had great potential for organic agriculture and prioritized biodiversity. Un-fined, unfiltered, with no sulfur added, this juicy red really shines with a firm chill. Grilled sausage and veggies comes to mind...
- Item #: i_354164Bottle Size: 750mlNative Yeast, No SO2, Organic
A blend of Syrah, Carignan, Mourvèdre and Grenache Noir from the Roussilo. Half the fruit was fermented as whole bunches for a week, the rest given a direct press. While light on its feet, the flavours are resolutely Mediterranean, with sunkissed fruit seasoned gently with savoury notes of sea salt and garrigue.