- Item #: i_354026Bottle Size: 750mlCERTIFIED ORGANIC
At Domaine d’Aupilhac, Syvain Fadat’s mission is to valorize the great terroirs of the Languedoc and show off the potential of its traditional grapes when planted in selected sites. He calls Carignan “a symbol of the essence of the region and its history,” and crafts this wine as a testimony to the quality Carignan can achieve with low yields from old vines in poor soils. A deep, smoky powerhouse capable of aging for decades in your cellar, this beauty will prompt you to reassess your idea of what can be done in this undervalued region. —Anthony Lynch
- Item #: i_354245Bottle Size: 750mlThe vibrant little seaport town of Collioure is nestled on the Mediterranean coast, just north of the Spanish border, in the area known as French Catalonia. Pinède‘s identity is based on black Grenache : round, fruit-driven and generous. Thanks to the black Grenache, the nose is fruity with small hints of fresh berries, and concentrated. The round mouth offers silky tannins and can be appreciated young.
80% Grenache Noir, 7% Carignan, 7% Syrah, 6% Mourvèdre
- Item #: i_350354Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 93 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 91-93 POINTS - "The 2018 Côtes Du Roussillon Villages Les Vignes De Bila Haut showed nicely, with both freshness and richness, Clean blackberry, currants, violets, and a kiss of minerality all emerge from the glass, and it's medium-bodied, with beautiful depth of fruit and a great finish."
- Item #: i_354248Bottle Size: 750mlOrganic. Biodynamic. Vegan.
50% Macabeu, 50 Syrah Syrah is direct pressed into concrete tanks. Both Syrah and Macabeu are vinified separately and then blended with no filtering or fining. Very low addition of sulfites at bottling.
- Item #: i_353504Bottle Size: 750ml"Apparente" started as a collaboration between Cyril Cuche and famed natural winemaker Eric Texier. Puech Redon is a large and diverse property located in the Languedoc, with a total of 380 hectares that are split between 200h of grain, 52h of vines, and over 100h of woods and garrigues. Cyril's grandfather acquired this land in the aftermath of World War II, and Cyril himself has been at the helm for over 20 years. Under his father, the property was farmed conventionally for 30 years. Cyril, seeing the potential of such a large, contained area, decided from the get-go that it had great potential for organic agriculture and prioritized biodiversity. Un-fined, unfiltered, with no sulfur added, this juicy red really shines with a firm chill. Grilled sausage and veggies comes to mind...
- Item #: i_345655Bottle Size: 750MLA collaboration between Napa's Joel Gott and Dave Phinney (Orin Swift)
The 2018 Shatter Grenache pours a glass that's inky black in color. Flavors and aromas dominated by black current, spice and cured meats with a touch of coffee from low toast barrels. There's an underlying minerality throughout with the distinct ferrous quality that schist delivers. The palate is pure and powerful, but has structure and a backbone, that holds it all together.
- Item #: i_354164Bottle Size: 750mlNative Yeast, No SO2, Organic
A blend of Syrah, Carignan, Mourvèdre and Grenache Noir from the Roussilo. Half the fruit was fermented as whole bunches for a week, the rest given a direct press. While light on its feet, the flavours are resolutely Mediterranean, with sunkissed fruit seasoned gently with savoury notes of sea salt and garrigue.