- Item #: i_345007Bottle Size: 750ML"Marsanne (51%) is the dominant grape variety complemented by Clairette Blanc (31%) and some Ugni Blanc (18%). The vineyards to produce the white wine at Bagnol cover a bit less than 9 hectares and are planted on a gentle slope of clay and limestone soil with a north – northwest exposure. After a manual harvest, the grapes are destemmed and pressed; the fermentation continues for three weeks in cement cuves at a temperature controlled 18 degrees Celsius; the wine is vinified completely dry. The malo-lactic fermentation is blocked to preserve the freshness of the wine and the wine is normally bottled at some point between May and July of the following year. Total annual production is on the order of 40,000 bottles; somewhere between 6,000 and 9,000 bottles per year are dedicated to the US market." MADROSE.COM
Domaine du Bagnol Cassis offers intense minerality.The fresh mid-palate possesses a gracious, ample and silky, coating texture enhanced by beautiful, focused acidity and generous yellow fruit flavors, unripe white peach, touch of apple and zesty, lemon peel notes. The finish is racy, polished, intense and long.
- Item #: i_350802Bottle Size: 750mlThe first vineyards at Domaine de Fontsainte, in the Corbières appellation, were planted by the Romans. Artifacts found in these vineyards, such as an old coin dating from the time of Marcus Agrippa in 25 A.D., are a testament to its antiquity. He farms the land sustainably and keeps treatments to a minimum. Grenache and Syrah are de-stemmed by hand; Carignan goes through carbonic maceration.
- Item #: i_350734Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 95 Points"Bastide Miraflors is a knockout bottle of wine" - Jeb Dunnuck
"I've raved time and time again about the quality -and value - coming from Domaine Lafage's Jean-Marc Lafage" - Robert Parker
"A round, opulent style, ripe tannins, and a blockbuster finish. It's one of the finest values out there" - Jeb Dunnuck
The 2018 Bastide Miraflors by Domaine Lafage is unquestionably one of the greatest values in the wine world. We have written several times about how great these wines are and the unbelievable quality to price ratio. It feels as if we are playing a broken record, but the hits keep on coming. We have sold a lot of this wine over the years, but somehow the 2018 manages to take the wine to an even higher level! To be honest, it's hard to believe how good this wine is for the price. This is full-bodied with lush, fully ripened dark fruit flavors which are deeply satisfying.
Noted wine critic Jeb Dunnuck totally agrees and awarded this wine a whopping 95 Points. He described this wine as "a knockout bottle of wine" and called it "one of the finest values out there." We totally agree and love its seamless and silky profile. This is one incredible value that needs to be tasted to be believed.
The 2018 Domaine Lafage Bastide Miraflors Vieilles Vignes is a blend of Syrah and Grenache from the Cotes du Roussillon which is bursting with fruit and enticing drinkability.
Domaine Lafage has created custom cuvees with its importer Eric Solomon and is producing absolutely gorgeous wines. Today, we are able to offer this fantastic, opulent beauty for under $13.00 each! We really enjoy this wine which has become one of our customer's favorite red blends in the store.
This blockbuster of a wine is absolutely a steal with amazing fruit, purity and one to buy by the case!
JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "Based on 74% Syrah and 26% Grenache brought up in in a combination of concrete tanks (for the Grenache) and one year old demi-muids (for the Syrah), the 2018 Cotes Du Roussillon Bastide Miraflors is a knockout bottle of wine. It offers loads of black fruits, roasted herbs, peppered meat, violets, and bacon fat as well as full-bodied richness, a round, opulent style, ripe tannins, and a blockbuster finish. It’s one of the finest values out there."
- Item #: i_354122Bottle Size: 750mlCertification: Organic Grapes: Marsanne with skin of Grenache Blanc/Grenache Gris/Vermentino/Roussanne/Viognier Region: Corbières, Languedoc, France Soil: Argilo-calcareous and round pebbles. Terroirs of Corbières Boutenac Vinification: The Marsanne is disrectly pressed. The Grenache Blanc skins, Grenache Gris, Vermentino, Roussanne, and Viognier are left to infuse on the skins for 1 month. Fermentation occurs spontaneously with indigenous yeasts. Sulfites: low addition at bottling From the Winemakers: A skin contact wine that introduces drinkers to a new era of infused wines
- Item #: i_333477Bottle Size: 750MLA blend of Grenache, Syrah, and assorted Bordeaux varietals
WINEMAKER NOTES - Opaque with ruby accents, the wine is intensely perfumed with aromas of vivid wild berry, warm spice, plum, kirsch, lavender and subtle oak nuances. The entry is juicy and penetrating with rich flavors of ripe blackberry, racy currant and blueberry that generously coat the palate. Easy drinking, the finish is long and clean with just the right amount of polished tannins to keep the fruit in focus.
- Item #: i_322196Bottle Size: 750MLIn the late 1990s, René Rostaing, a great Northern Rhone wine maker, purchased a property in the Côteaux du Languedoc near Nîmes. Located in a relatively cool microclimate with limestone soils, grows Syrah with small amounts of Mourvèdre, Grenache, and Rolle. The terroir yields a slight garrique character. It may be the best example yet of the Rostaing's ethic: elegant, yet concentrated; expressive, but subtle; hedonistic, but cerebral.