- Item #: i_352133Bottle Size: 750mlCERTIFIED ORGANIC
Natural fermentation, low doses of sulfur, cement cuve, no wood; long fermentations, then wines are aged for 6 to 8 months on fine lees.
Antoine set out on a solo mission that consisted of a return to natural farming and winemaking, and getting Patrimonio drunk by those who care, away from the tourists and off the island. Mission accomplished, to put it mildly. After all these years, Arena is the reference point of wine merchants the world over for great Corsican wine. It has done more for Corsica and Patrimonio than anyone could have dreamed of. So what makes Carco so special? The path to greatness is wrought with trials and tribulations. In the early days, Antoine’s rouges were inconsistent—at times great, at other times hot and funky, as he experimented with various ways to battle the island’s excessive heat. The Carco blanc, though, was perfection from the start: timeless Vermentinu imbued with salt, sun, and rocks year in and year out. Through it all, Carco kept steady and won Corsica its proverbial seat at the table. Chris Santini, Kermit Lynch wine merchant
- Item #: i_354115Bottle Size: 750mlJulien Ilbert makes wonderfully vital and pure organic Malbecs, and this one is a selection of seven parcels on limestone and clay at 300m, vinified and aged in cement tanks. It features inky blue fruit, vibrant acidity and a grippy, sappy mouthfeel.
- Item #: i_352928Bottle Size: 750mlFrom a 3 hectare vineyard in the shape of natural amphitheatre at the foot of the Pyrenees in Jurançon. Dagueneau’s makes a limited number of bottles of dry wine from these beloved Jurancon hectares. The aim is to produce a wine that brings out the natural minerality of the soil and have balance, harmony and longevity. Concentrated, racy and extremely memorable.
- Item #: i_353480Bottle Size: 750mlThis deliciously balanced dessert wine from Didier Dagueneau is everything you want from Jurancon: it’s palate-coating, it’s acid-driven, and the RS is totally in check. Notes of juicy pineapple, canned peaches, and honeyed tropical fruits dominate the wine’s luscious yet sophisticated palate. No dessert? No problem. A pour of this is the perfect finish to a hearty meal.
- Item #: i_345007Bottle Size: 750ML"Marsanne (51%) is the dominant grape variety complemented by Clairette Blanc (31%) and some Ugni Blanc (18%). The vineyards to produce the white wine at Bagnol cover a bit less than 9 hectares and are planted on a gentle slope of clay and limestone soil with a north – northwest exposure. After a manual harvest, the grapes are destemmed and pressed; the fermentation continues for three weeks in cement cuves at a temperature controlled 18 degrees Celsius; the wine is vinified completely dry. The malo-lactic fermentation is blocked to preserve the freshness of the wine and the wine is normally bottled at some point between May and July of the following year. Total annual production is on the order of 40,000 bottles; somewhere between 6,000 and 9,000 bottles per year are dedicated to the US market." MADROSE.COM
Domaine du Bagnol Cassis offers intense minerality.The fresh mid-palate possesses a gracious, ample and silky, coating texture enhanced by beautiful, focused acidity and generous yellow fruit flavors, unripe white peach, touch of apple and zesty, lemon peel notes. The finish is racy, polished, intense and long.
- Item #: i_350802Bottle Size: 750mlThe first vineyards at Domaine de Fontsainte, in the Corbières appellation, were planted by the Romans. Artifacts found in these vineyards, such as an old coin dating from the time of Marcus Agrippa in 25 A.D., are a testament to its antiquity. He farms the land sustainably and keeps treatments to a minimum. Grenache and Syrah are de-stemmed by hand; Carignan goes through carbonic maceration.
- Item #: i_344226Bottle Size: 500MLWine Spectator: 90The ancient art of Banyuls is disappearing at a frightening pace. One of its great champions and longest-standing practitioners is the wonderful, charismatic Vincent Cantié. He is the spirit of Catalan culture personified, and he makes the best Banyuls money can buy. Made from ripe Grenache picked from steep, stony hillsides above the Mediterranean on the Spanish border, Banyuls is muted with neutral alcohol to stop fermentation and preserve some residual sugar to produce a glorious after-dinner drink. Its best friend is probably a walnut tart or a flourless chocolate cake. Thomas Jefferson loved Banyuls and so can you.
- Item #: i_350596Bottle Size: 750mlThe beauty of Novellum is it combines the perfectly-ripened fruit and richness you might find in a high-quality California Chardonnay with the brightness and minerality you expect in Burgundy. This combination makes it the perfect crossover wine which appeals to those who enjoy either California or French Chardonnay.
Domaine Lafage is on amazing roll where everything they touch seems to turn to gold; they are producing absolutely gorgeous wines. Lafage first came upon our radar with Bastide Miraflors, Narassa and Tessellae which have been huge hits. We emailed out the previous vintage of Novellum Chardonnay and our customers went nuts for it. We really enjoy this wine and feel it is an amazing value.
This is an excellent "Everyday Drinker" that you can open up during the week to enjoy with dinner or simply unwind with a glass on its own. Domaine Lafage's Novellum is a delicious wine, which would make a terrific case purchase.
- Item #: i_334105Bottle Size: 750MLWe are excited to announce the arrival of our allocation of the great red wines of Domaine Tempier. Regarded as perhaps the most profound and well known example of Mourvedre in the world, Domaine Tempier is the reference point for quality red wine production in Provence.
These wines are a special treat and just another reason why customers come to frequent Hi-Time. Domaine Tempier was "discovered" by renowned importer Kermit Lynch who recognized the wines as being singular wines of intensity and depth. Of course, we are great fans of Kermit Lynch and his name on a wine is a harbinger of great things to be found inside the bottle.
Although Provence is best known for its thirst quenching roses which tourists enjoy on holiday, it is the Mourvedre based blends of Bandol which capture our attention. Bandol is located between Toulon and Marseille in a favored spot inland of the nearby sandy beaches. Situated in a natural amphitheater, the vineyards are blessed with abundant sun and enough sea air to cool the vines during the heat of summer. Here, the late-ripening Mourvedre thrives, achieving ripeness and distinction. Aromatically expressive with dark fruit flavors and terroir-driven complexity, these wines are enticing.
Domaine Tempier produces the Bandol Rouge bottling as well as three single-vineyard wines. La Migoua, La Tourtine, and Cabassaou. All of the wines are full-bodied and seem to inhabit a different level of purity, structure and depth. They also have the ability to evolve over time, gaining complexity with time in the cellar.
- Item #: i_345898Bottle Size: 750MLJeb Dunnuck: 93 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - "Almost all Grenache yet with 8% Syrah, the deep purple 2018 Narassa gives up a gorgeous bouquet of blueberries, kirsch liqueur, smoked game, violets, and lavender. It's rich, medium to full-bodied, beautifully concentrated, and has a great finish."
- Item #: i_350734Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 95 Points"Bastide Miraflors is a knockout bottle of wine" - Jeb Dunnuck
"I've raved time and time again about the quality -and value - coming from Domaine Lafage's Jean-Marc Lafage" - Robert Parker
"A round, opulent style, ripe tannins, and a blockbuster finish. It's one of the finest values out there" - Jeb Dunnuck
The 2018 Bastide Miraflors by Domaine Lafage is unquestionably one of the greatest values in the wine world. We have written several times about how great these wines are and the unbelievable quality to price ratio. It feels as if we are playing a broken record, but the hits keep on coming. We have sold a lot of this wine over the years, but somehow the 2018 manages to take the wine to an even higher level! To be honest, it's hard to believe how good this wine is for the price. This is full-bodied with lush, fully ripened dark fruit flavors which are deeply satisfying.
Noted wine critic Jeb Dunnuck totally agrees and awarded this wine a whopping 95 Points. He described this wine as "a knockout bottle of wine" and called it "one of the finest values out there." We totally agree and love its seamless and silky profile. This is one incredible value that needs to be tasted to be believed.
The 2018 Domaine Lafage Bastide Miraflors Vieilles Vignes is a blend of Syrah and Grenache from the Cotes du Roussillon which is bursting with fruit and enticing drinkability.
Domaine Lafage has created custom cuvees with its importer Eric Solomon and is producing absolutely gorgeous wines. Today, we are able to offer this fantastic, opulent beauty for under $13.00 each! We really enjoy this wine which has become one of our customer's favorite red blends in the store.
This blockbuster of a wine is absolutely a steal with amazing fruit, purity and one to buy by the case!
JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - "Based on 74% Syrah and 26% Grenache brought up in in a combination of concrete tanks (for the Grenache) and one year old demi-muids (for the Syrah), the 2018 Cotes Du Roussillon Bastide Miraflors is a knockout bottle of wine. It offers loads of black fruits, roasted herbs, peppered meat, violets, and bacon fat as well as full-bodied richness, a round, opulent style, ripe tannins, and a blockbuster finish. It’s one of the finest values out there."
- Item #: i_354122Bottle Size: 750mlCertification: Organic Grapes: Marsanne with skin of Grenache Blanc/Grenache Gris/Vermentino/Roussanne/Viognier Region: Corbières, Languedoc, France Soil: Argilo-calcareous and round pebbles. Terroirs of Corbières Boutenac Vinification: The Marsanne is disrectly pressed. The Grenache Blanc skins, Grenache Gris, Vermentino, Roussanne, and Viognier are left to infuse on the skins for 1 month. Fermentation occurs spontaneously with indigenous yeasts. Sulfites: low addition at bottling From the Winemakers: A skin contact wine that introduces drinkers to a new era of infused wines
- Item #: i_333477Bottle Size: 750MLA blend of Grenache, Syrah, and assorted Bordeaux varietals
WINEMAKER NOTES - Opaque with ruby accents, the wine is intensely perfumed with aromas of vivid wild berry, warm spice, plum, kirsch, lavender and subtle oak nuances. The entry is juicy and penetrating with rich flavors of ripe blackberry, racy currant and blueberry that generously coat the palate. Easy drinking, the finish is long and clean with just the right amount of polished tannins to keep the fruit in focus.
- Item #: i_354123Bottle Size: 750mlCertification: Organic Grape: 100% Syrah Region: Maury, Roussillon, France Vinification: 100% destemmed. Fermented and aged in concrete tanks. About the Producer: Marc Barriot came to wine later in life but once he found it, he jumped in the deep end. His journey to starting Clot de l’Origine led him to Australia, the US, and all over France. After apprenticing in Bandol for four years he scooted southwest around the Mediterranean coast to the town of Maury in the Roussillon, finally finding a plot of land and a place he could settle down. He started with just one vineyard with old vines, but now has 17 in total, all farmed organically from the very beginning.
- Item #: i_322196Bottle Size: 750MLIn the late 1990s, René Rostaing, a great Northern Rhone wine maker, purchased a property in the Côteaux du Languedoc near Nîmes. Located in a relatively cool microclimate with limestone soils, grows Syrah with small amounts of Mourvèdre, Grenache, and Rolle. The terroir yields a slight garrique character. It may be the best example yet of the Rostaing's ethic: elegant, yet concentrated; expressive, but subtle; hedonistic, but cerebral.