- Item #: i_350058Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 91JAMES SUCKLING 91 POINTS - "A tangy and fresh white with sliced lemons and hints of dried tea leaves and flowers. Medium body, bright acidity and a long, flavorful finish."
Les Setilles is sourced from vineyards within the communes of Puligny Montrachet and Meursault, with each village representing roughly half of the final blend. Grapes are sourced from multiple plots within each village in an effort to maximize complexity of the final wine.
- Item #: i_353075Bottle Size: 750mlVINOUS 89 POINTS - "The 2018 Chablis is a blend of fruit from two parcels, one on the Left Bank and a second on the Right Bank. Expressive floral and savory notes give the 2018 its distinctive aromatic signatures. This mid-weight, refreshing Chablis has enough vibrancy to drink well over the next handful of years."
- Item #: i_352073Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 94VINOUS 92-94 POINTS - "The 2018 Chablis Mont de Milieu 1er Cru is impressive. Rich, pliant and beautifully layered, the Mont de Milieu is one of the highlights in this range. Perfumed aromatics and silky fruit add to its considerable appeal. A touch of oak in fermentation works so well here. Some of the wines in this range are more obvious and more showy, but few are as refined or as complete. The Mont de Milieu is so inviting."
- Item #: i_322808Bottle Size: 750ML"The colour of the wine is bright and limpid. The nose is floral and fruity. Very straightforward and direct on the palate, as if biting into a grape. Fresh and light, with a very pleasant aftertaste." Véronique Boss-Drouhin
- Item #: i_340850Bottle Size: 750MLThe wines are made with 100% of Chardonnay grapes aged in stainless steel vats. The Domaine is located near Viré and Lugny, two of the famous villages of the Mâconnais. The vineyard of the Domaine are located on nice slopes looking upon the river « Saône ».Dry and easy to drink, fruity with a floral scent, it can be drunk chilled, as an aperitif.It goes very well with hors d'oeuvres, fried or grilled fish, sea food, goat's milk cheese, cold cuts and poultry.
- Item #: i_354860Bottle Size: 750mlIts emerald-gold tones reflect a wine of finesse and distinction; the palate is harmonious, fresh and full of flavors; hazelnuts, toasted almonds, grapefruit and lemon. It must be served rather chilled and goes very well with shellfish, fish, white meats in cream sauce and poultry.
- Item #: i_351490Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Notes of lemon oil, grapefruit, crisp green apple and iodine introduce the 2017 Chablis 1er Cru Butteaux, a deep, medium to full-bodied wine with an elegantly glossy attack, a firm core and a pure, chalky finish. The amplitude of which the site is capable is effortlessly controlled."
DECANTER 94 POINTS - "Patrick Piuze sources his grapes from vines in the top part of the Butteaux vineyard, where there's almost no top soil. This is fresh, focussed and very mineral, with a squeeze of lime and bracing acidity."
BURGHOUND 92 POINTS - "As is usually the case, there is plenty of mineral reduction character to the floral and white orchard fruit scents. I like both the intensity and the power of the solidly concentrated middle weight flavors that are super-saline and markedly dry if just a bit less complex on the lingering finish, at least to this point."
- Item #: i_345683Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91Burghound: 91-93 "SWEET SPOT"BURGHOUND 91-93 POINTS "SWEET SPOT": "As is usually the case this is both more elegant and slightly purer as well with its citrus, white orchard fruit and tidal pool-scented nose. There is also better cut and intensity if not nearly the size, weight and power of the straight Bougros, all wrapped in a mineral-driven and beautifully complex finale where a touch of wood arises. Lovely."
eROBERT PARKER 91 POINTS: "The 2015 Chablis Grand Cru Bougros Cote de Bouqueyreaux has a much more vital and intense nose compared to the Blanchots; it has vibrant Granny Smith apples and flint aromas, full of vim and vigor. The palate is well balanced with a slightly creamy entry, moderate acidity with exotic hints of praline and white chocolate, grilled almond towards the finish. Order is restored after the perplexing Chablis Blanchots 2015."
- Item #: i_351491Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94James Suckling: 94JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "An exposed site that sits on a vein of limestone with very little topsoil. The density here is staggering. Very intense and long with super minerals and intense tautness through the palate. This will age well. Try from 2022."
WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "A new cuvée, from 56-year-old vines whose grapes Piuze has long coveted, the 2017 Chablis 1er Cru Séchet offers up lovely aromas of lemon oil, blanched almonds, dried white flowers and oystershell. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, saltine and tangy, with bright acids, excellent concentration and a striking sense of completeness. With its inaugural vintage, the Séchet is already making a strong claim to rank among Piuze's best cuvées."
BURGHOUND 92 POINTS - "Reduction and sulfur dominate the nose today. More interesting are the highly energetic medium weight flavors that flash both good cut and minerality on the citrus-inflected, youthfully austere and very dry finale. This moderately structured effort is impressive but one that is going to require at least some patience."
- Item #: i_351488Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91Vinous Media: 93 PointsDecanter: 93 PointsDECANTER 93 POINTS - "Canadian Patrick Piuze makes an impressive lineup of terroir-focussed Chablis, of which this is the best in 2017. Early picked for freshness, it's a classic limestone-derived style with white flower aromas and a chalky bite."
WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "The 2017 Chablis Terroir de Chichée is one of the highlights of Piuze's AOC bottlings, offering up classy aromas of citrus zest, white flowers and pastry cream. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, pure and elegantly glossy, with wonderful focus and structural tension, built around tangy acids."
- Item #: i_351486Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91Wine Spectator: 91James Suckling: 91JAMES SUCKLING 91 POINTS - "The most clay in the subsoil. This has a wealth of ripe peaches and mangoes. Melon and some hints of reduction, too. The palate’s smoothly cast with a long, dense and deep, really fleshy finish. Drink now or hold."
WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2017 Chablis Terroir de Courgis is superb, offering up aromas of crisp peach, green apple, ripe lemon and oystershell. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, deep and concentrated, with a glossy attack, a dense, tight-knit core and a long, tangy and saline finish. Give this a couple of years in the cellar, then follow it for a decade."
WINE SPECTATOR 91 POINTS - "This is about balance, allowing the apple, melon, lemon and stone flavors to express themselves. Picks up a touch of green plum on the finish. Drink now through 2024."
- Item #: i_351487Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 90James Suckling: 93JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS - "A section of Chapelot Villages on limestone, straight on bedrock with a lot of sea fossils. The nose has attractive, reductive grapefruit and nectarines. Mouthwatering edgy intensity on the nose. The palate has a superior sense of concentration and acidity. Very forthright and intense with seamless powerful balance. Drink now or hold."
WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS - "Of all Piuze's Chablis AOC bottlings, the 2017 Chablis Terroir de Fyé is the most structural, its attractive bouquet of peach, Meyer lemon and smoky reduction introducing an ample, medium to full-bodied wine that's still firm and compressed on the finish. It will benefit from a year or two in bottle."
BURGHOUND 90 POINTS - "Like the Terroir de Chablis cuvée, this too could be from nowhere else with its cool, pure and restrained nose of citrus, mineral reduction, quinine and white orchard fruit scents. Once again there is excellent volume to the medium-bodied flavors that brim with both dry extract and minerality on the generous but well-detailed finish that delivers very fine complexity and persistence. Worth a look."
- Item #: i_345509Bottle Size: 750MLThis is a superb terroir-driven white Burgundy, full of wonderful flavor and available at a surprisingly affordable price.
A deep lemon-gold in the glass. Thevenet’s Clos de l’Ermitage casts exotic aromas of acacia and linden along with warm pears, peaches, and apricots. Rich and full-bodied on the palate, the wine reveals ripe impressions of fleshy Bartlett pears, Golden Delicious apples, white peaches and light citrus. Satisfying and savory, an undertow of limestone minerality keeps the wine fresh and mouth-watering while the orchard fruits linger on the long, Burgundian finish.
- Item #: i_333220Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "Clean and balanced, this white offers white peach, apple and floral aromas and flavors. A hint of mineral graces the mouthwatering finish. Drink now through 2023."