- Item #: i_351593Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 90WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "Broad and buttery, with apple pie, pastry and spice flavors permeating the open, fleshy texture. Firms up on the finish. Drink now through 2020. 830 cases made."
- Item #: i_324002Bottle Size: 750ml"The 2015 Bourgogne Blanc has a clean, grapefruit and green apple-scented bouquet, a little fatter than I recall the 2014 last year. The palate is balanced with a pleasant weight and fatness in the mouth, the acidity retaining decent tension, leading to a spicy though not tensile finish. Drink this over the next 2-4 years. I like the bit of chutzpah here." Robert Parker
- Item #: i_352987Bottle Size: 750mlBIODYNAMIC
NEAL MARTIN, VINOUS 91 POINTS - ""The 2015 Bourgogne-Côtes d'Auxerre Gueule de Loup has an engaging, complex bouquet of dried honey, pine cones and a touch of orange peel and black currant leaf. The palate is very well balanced, with a fine bead of acidity, and the finish conveys a simmering tension. Discreet stem ginger and white pepper notes are sprinkled liberally on the aftertaste. Superb."
- Item #: i_352627Bottle Size: 750mlDECANTER - "The regular Bourgogne blanc is a lovely wine in 2015, and one which will drink very well on release, as it is quite open-knit and gourmand for a Fichet white. Notes of lemon, green pear and flowers introduce a glossy, crisp wine with tangy acids and no hard edges."
Drinking Window 2018 - 2028
- Item #: i_352617Bottle Size: 750mlA brilliant light yellow color. A blend of mineral flinty aromas and very ripe fruit aromas gives a nice fresh bouquet. This wine is very pleasant on the palate, sophisticated and round at first, with a slightly acidic finish, which gives a beautiful freshness.
- Item #: i_350699Bottle Size: 750mlAlthough not certified organic the Domaine never use any fertiliser or pesticides and all the vines are ploughed to control weeds and to air the soil. Vinification is traditional and the harvest is done by hand. The grapes are sorted in the vines and back at the Domaine before going into vats. The wine is aged in oak barrels between 15 and 18 months, sometimes more if the vintage demands it. New oak is used very sparingly, though there are no hard & fast rules as to percentages of new or old barrels, the vintage decides. What is clear, t though, is that in no way do the Domaine want the oak to mask the character of the wine. Bottling is done at the Domaine without any filtration. The wines, even at Bourgogne level, are incredibly intense, taut and powerful, they are definitely the more mineral side of the Meursault spectrum. The flinty, powerful Meursaults rank among the very top wines of the commune.
- Item #: i_350612Bottle Size: 750mlThe Domaine Robert-Denogent is a small but tenaciously quality-driven producer of Chardonnay wines based in the Mâconnais village of Fuissé in the warm climate of Southern Burgundy. Situated approximately 70 miles south of the better known Côte d’Or, an area that produces the most celebrated and expensive Burgundy wines, the most famous wine of the Mâcon sub-region is Pouilly Fuissé AOC.
Pouilly-Fuissé Les Reisses "Monopole", a parcel of 0.6 hectares of eighty two year old vines growing on clay soil.
These wines from Robert-Denogent offer quite amazing value with a wonderful richness of white and yellow fruits, intense minerality, great complexity and very good length which is, to be honest, more typical of the best white wines of the Côte de Beaune than the Mâconnais.