- Item #: i_345643Bottle Size: 750mlROBERT PARKER 90-92 POINTS: "The 2014 Chassagne-Montrachet Villages has a well defined, precise, almost Puligny-like bouquet with hints of white peach and citrus lemon - precise and detailed - impressive for a village cru. The palate is well balanced, elegant and refined in the mouth, hints of apricot and peach filtering through, but it is really based on the tension and spiciness towards the finish. This is excellent."
VINOUSMEDIA 89 POINTS: "(this bottling, made from multiple parcels, including some stony plots near Puligny-Montrachet, represents 40% of the estate's production in 2014): Pale yellow. Pure aromas of pear, yellow peach and yellow flowers. Ripe, sweet and fine-grained, with captivating minerality giving lift to the middle palate and carrying the classically dry finish."
BURGHOUND 89 POINTS: "Notes of petrol and resin add breadth to the mostly white orchard fruit-scented nose though there are background floral nuances present as well. The seductively textured and solidly intense medium-bodied flavors possess good mid-palate concentration along with fine depth on the balanced and persistent finale. This is really quite good for a villages level Chassagne and worth checking out plus it should reward a few years of cellar time too."
-- Stephen Tanzer
- Item #: i_345483Bottle Size: 750MLBURGHOUND 90 POINTS -"This too is super-fresh with its airy nose that combines floral, red currant and evident wet stone scents. The racy and tension-filled flavors possess a really lovely mouth feel if perhaps not quite the overall depth and length as the best of these villages wines."
VINOUS 90 POINTS - "(from vines planted in the 1980s on rocky soil): Good dark red. Quite reticent on the nose, and a bit diffuse. Then juicy and sweet in the mouth, with soil-driven red berry flavors complicated by red licorice and mineral notes. Good density and breadth here--and a bit more size than usual for this wine. Finishes with dusty, horizontal tannins. Clair noted that this bottling is taking on more power as the vines age."
- Item #: i_351593Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 90WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "Broad and buttery, with apple pie, pastry and spice flavors permeating the open, fleshy texture. Firms up on the finish. Drink now through 2020. 830 cases made."
- Item #: i_324002Bottle Size: 750ml"The 2015 Bourgogne Blanc has a clean, grapefruit and green apple-scented bouquet, a little fatter than I recall the 2014 last year. The palate is balanced with a pleasant weight and fatness in the mouth, the acidity retaining decent tension, leading to a spicy though not tensile finish. Drink this over the next 2-4 years. I like the bit of chutzpah here." Robert Parker
- Item #: i_352987Bottle Size: 750mlBIODYNAMIC
NEAL MARTIN, VINOUS 91 POINTS - ""The 2015 Bourgogne-Côtes d'Auxerre Gueule de Loup has an engaging, complex bouquet of dried honey, pine cones and a touch of orange peel and black currant leaf. The palate is very well balanced, with a fine bead of acidity, and the finish conveys a simmering tension. Discreet stem ginger and white pepper notes are sprinkled liberally on the aftertaste. Superb."
- Item #: i_350403Bottle Size: 750mlDECANTER MAGAZINE 92 POINTS: "This reveals a complex bouquet of poached pear, citrus zest, juicy apple and white flowers, leading into a glossy palate underpinned by lovely minerality and acidity. Delicious stuff."
- Item #: i_350699Bottle Size: 750mlAlthough not certified organic the Domaine never use any fertiliser or pesticides and all the vines are ploughed to control weeds and to air the soil. Vinification is traditional and the harvest is done by hand. The grapes are sorted in the vines and back at the Domaine before going into vats. The wine is aged in oak barrels between 15 and 18 months, sometimes more if the vintage demands it. New oak is used very sparingly, though there are no hard & fast rules as to percentages of new or old barrels, the vintage decides. What is clear, t though, is that in no way do the Domaine want the oak to mask the character of the wine. Bottling is done at the Domaine without any filtration. The wines, even at Bourgogne level, are incredibly intense, taut and powerful, they are definitely the more mineral side of the Meursault spectrum. The flinty, powerful Meursaults rank among the very top wines of the commune.
- Item #: i_350612Bottle Size: 750mlThe Domaine Robert-Denogent is a small but tenaciously quality-driven producer of Chardonnay wines based in the Mâconnais village of Fuissé in the warm climate of Southern Burgundy. Situated approximately 70 miles south of the better known Côte d’Or, an area that produces the most celebrated and expensive Burgundy wines, the most famous wine of the Mâcon sub-region is Pouilly Fuissé AOC.
Pouilly-Fuissé Les Reisses "Monopole", a parcel of 0.6 hectares of eighty two year old vines growing on clay soil.
These wines from Robert-Denogent offer quite amazing value with a wonderful richness of white and yellow fruits, intense minerality, great complexity and very good length which is, to be honest, more typical of the best white wines of the Côte de Beaune than the Mâconnais.