- Item #: i_311377Bottle Size: 750MLWinemaker's Notes - "Our Bouzeron comes from vines situated on the best slopes of the appellations. We have planted the golden Aligoté doré grape, which gives lowers yield and more aromatic wines than its cousin, the Aligoté vert. True to its varietal nature, our Bouzeron is a liveley, fruity wine, but it also has a finesse and roundness that spring from the essential nature of the terroir. These qualities lend it great versatility. To best appreciate the freshness and fruit, it would be drunk young, within two or three years. To allow the wine to fully develop fullness and "fatness", age it for up to ten years. It should be served chilled, at about 54°F, as an apéritif, with seafood, or with a number of cheeses (goat cheese, Cantal, Beaufort, Parmesan, Roquefort, etc."
- Item #: i_345490Bottle Size: 750MLBenoit is the younger brother of Burgundy legend Arnaud Ente. Benoit began his career by growing fruit on half of his grandparent's domaine. After getting plenty of practice producing superior grapes for negociants, he parted ways with the relatives in 1997 to farm 9.55 acres of his own vineyards. His primary production is Chardonnay from the ACs of Puligny-Montrachet and Chassagne-Montrachet, but he also makes Bourgogne Blanc, Cremant, and Aligote. Benoit's hallmarks are purity, terroir, and low intervention, long elevage, and very little new oak. Benoit lets his fruit and soil do the winemaking.
- Item #: i_353485Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "From a parcel of centenarian vines located between Ladoix and Corgoloin, the 2018 Bourgogne Aligoté Les Chaignots reveals aromas of warm bread, almond paste, pear and waxy citrus rind. Medium to full-bodied, textural and multidimensional, it's long and concentrated, with lovely cut and chalky grip. This is well worth seeking out."
- Item #: i_346004Bottle Size: 750MLVINOUS 91 POINTS - "The 2017 Bourgogne Aligoté Raisons Dorés has a very pure bouquet with yellow flowers, hints of apricot and orange blossom. Not powerful, but utterly seductive. The palate is saline on the entry with touches of ginger stem, not deep or voluminous, quite strict for an Aligoté but very focused. Excellent."
- Item #: i_353360Bottle Size: 750mlThe estate is organic since 2008 with a AB/Ecocert certificate. The vinification is clearly based on low intervention – no sulphur added during vinification and only a little sulphur added at the bottling. Pataille is also working with Biodynamic methods – although not certified Biodynamic.Sylvain Pataille is a big fan of the Aligote grape – and he is making several different bottlings of Aligote. These are in my view some of the most balanced and elegant Aligote wines made in Burgundy … I strongly recommend these wines. He does bring forward the refinement and delicacy of the Aligote grape like few others.