- Item #: i_352761Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 94JAMES SUCKLING 94 POINTS - "A very impressive array of peaches and lemons with wet stones and flinty, minerally notes, offering plenty of interest. The palate has a sleek and composed shape with a central focus of fresh, fleshy fruit and a succulent, long, acidity-fueled finish. Drink or hold."
- Item #: i_352786Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95Vinous Media: 97 PointsDecanter: 97 PointsDECANTER 97 POINTS - "A hard-to-beat Corton-Charlemagne in 2017, this comes from cool, east-facing vineyards that ripen very slowly, even in a warm year. Focussed, pithy and fizzing with energy, it's a rich, dense wine with 40% new oak, creamy lees and a tangy, mouthwatering finish."
BURGHOUND 95 POINTS - "Enough wood to merit mentioning sets off the overtly floral and citrus-suffused aromas that include notes of mineral reduction and quinine. The dense, intense and very serious broad-shouldered flavors are akin to rolling small rocks around the mouth before culminating in a driving and gorgeously complex finish that goes on and on. The Bâtard and BBM are both very good but there is another dimension of depth present here."
WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - Faiveley's 2017 Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru has realized all the potential it showed from barrel last year, wafting from the glass with aromas of Meyer lemon, mandarin oil, green apple, white flowers and pear that are framed by a discrete application of classy new oak. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, racy and beautifully balanced, with a deep and concentrated core, mouthwatering acids and a long, penetrating finish. This is a supremely elegant rendition of the appellation, and it's well worth seeking out. As I recounted last year, two out of the fifteen barrels of wine that were produced derive, for the first time, from white vines planted at the top of Faiveley's famous Clos des Cortons."
- Item #: i_342460Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine Laroche is directly linked to the history of Chablis. One of the most respected and largest landholders of Grand Cru vineyard, Domaine Laroche owns 90 hectares of vineyard situated amongst the best crus. This comes from vines aging 25 to 30 year-old. The Bourgogne Chardonnay is fermented in stainless-steel tanks with 95% malolactic fermentation for richness and structure. It was aged in stainless steel with four months on the lees and no barrel aging. Minimum filtration to preserve the maximum natural character of the wine, then bottling under low pressure on a bottling line designed to protect the wine’s quality. Elegant fruity notes. Lively and balanced, characteristic of the white burgundian wines: fruity, crisp and precise with lively mineral notes and a fresh finish. Enjoy as an apéritif or with prawns, watercress salad, Japenese food or oysters.
- Item #: i_352021Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 93 POINTS "SWEET SPOT" "OUTSTANDING" - "A softly wooded and slightly more elegant nose displays a subtle exoticism on the cool acacia blossom, lemon, Asian-style tea and white fruit aromas. There is a lovely sense of underlying tension to the more evidently mineral-driven flavors that don't possess the same richness or volume but are markedly finer on the highly persistent if ever-so-mildly warm bone dry finish. This isn't quite as fine as the Bouchères but offers slightly better overall depth and persistence."
- Item #: i_352738Bottle Size: 750mlVINOUS 94 POINTS - "Pungent herbs, lemon zest and marzipan on the nose. Superb intensity and inner-mouth lift to the flavors of green apple, green flowers and green melon. Juicy, concentrated, sappy and very long, with a rising, echoing back end. Leaves behind a taste of oystery sea water. Excellent material here but not particularly high in acidity."
- Item #: i_353255Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 94WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS - "This beauty is creamy and finely knit, showing off lemon cake, apple, floral and mineral flavors. Impeccably balanced and long, this unfolds slowly to reveal an aftertaste that echoes lemon, mineral and spice."
- Item #: i_321234Bottle Size: 750MLDECANTER 92 POINTS - "A bouquet of lemon oil and wet stones leads into a palate of compelling tension, energy and minerality, with lovely concentration and grip This is classic Caillerets, stony and intense."
- Item #: i_345299Bottle Size: 750MLVinous Media: 92 PointsDecanter: 92 PointsDECANTER 92 POINTS - "A bouquet of creamy yellow stone fruit, confit lemon, hazelnut and crème pâtissière is the prelude to an expansive, textural palate of impressive depth and a pure, precise and compellingly long finish."
- Item #: i_351284Bottle Size: 750mlThe Gagey family owns vineyards in Beaune, Chambolle Musigny and other places, they have an arrangement with Maison Louis Jadot to make wines out of the grapes in those vineyards. The Gagey family has been managing the Jadot vineyards along with the Jadot family for decades. Les Chouacheux is among the smaller of Beaune’s premiers crus, a squarish, 12.5-acre vineyard situated near the south end of the commune on the slope just below Vignes Franches. The slightly deeper soils in the lower part of the slope produce plump, fruity wines offset by the delicacy characteristic of the southernmost vineyards.
- Item #: i_351281Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93+Wine Enthusiast: 94 PointsWINE ENTHUSIAST 94 POINTS - "This tightly textured wine comes from the vineyard at the top of the Puligny-Montrachet slope, which has a stony chalk soil. Wood-aging flavors add richness to this wonderfully full-bodied wine. The final acidity and texture will allow it to age for many years. Drink from 2023. (4/2019)
WINE ADVOCATE 93+ POINTS - "The 2016 Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Folatières (Domaine des Héritiers Jadot) is showing superbly from bottle, wafting from the glass with aromas of fragrant citrus fruit, crisp green apple, white flowers and subtle pastry cream. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, deep and layered, with a satiny texture, excellent concentration and a seamless, elegant profile. Jadot has several parcels in Folatières, so this is an important cuvée for them. It's well worth seeking out.(WK)
- Item #: i_340850Bottle Size: 750MLThe wines are made with 100% of Chardonnay grapes aged in stainless steel vats. The Domaine is located near Viré and Lugny, two of the famous villages of the Mâconnais. The vineyard of the Domaine are located on nice slopes looking upon the river « Saône ».Dry and easy to drink, fruity with a floral scent, it can be drunk chilled, as an aperitif.It goes very well with hors d'oeuvres, fried or grilled fish, sea food, goat's milk cheese, cold cuts and poultry.
- Item #: i_354860Bottle Size: 750mlIts emerald-gold tones reflect a wine of finesse and distinction; the palate is harmonious, fresh and full of flavors; hazelnuts, toasted almonds, grapefruit and lemon. It must be served rather chilled and goes very well with shellfish, fish, white meats in cream sauce and poultry.
- Item #: i_353152Bottle Size: 750mlVINOUS 93 POINTS - "The 2017 Chablis Vaulorent 1er Cru is dense, rich and ample in feel. Chamomile, dried herbs, earthy notes and orchard fruit come together in a muscular, powerful Chablis built on textural breadth. Powerful and resonant in the glass, the 2017 shows superb depth. The 2017 is a Chablis of effortless intensity."
- Item #: i_350628Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 91BURGHOUND 96 POINTS: "Sweet Spot! Outstanding!"An overtly smoky nose features exotically spiced aromas of tea, pear, apple and acacia blossom. The beautifully detailed, stony and delicious flavors possess a highly sophisticated mouth feel before concluding in a beautifully persistent finish. A classic Genevrières of style and grace."
- Item #: i_352168Bottle Size: 750mlVINOUS 92 - 94 POINTS - "Bright lemon-yellow color. Subtle, subdued aromas and flavors of flowers, minerals, vanilla and nutty lees. Wonderfully silky, salty, seamless wine with terrific flavor intensity. This has the gras of classic Charmes but with no impression of weightiness--due no doubt to early picking."
BURGHOUND 93 POINTS - "Once again there is plenty of classic Meursault character on the acacia blossom, hazelnut, citrus zest and soft pear scents. The rich and vibrant medium weight flavors are finer though noticeably less powerful though I prefer the texture and minerality present here and particularly so on the firm and built-to-age finish. This is an excellent Charmes that is quite tightly wound and will need time to unwind. *Sweet spot Outstanding*"
- Item #: i_351775Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 97 POINTS:"This is quite discreet with only barely perceptible cool citrusy wisps of ripe pear, white peach and apricot aromas that also exude a hint of mandarin orange. The borderline massive flavors are enormously powerful yet focused and despite the size, weight and punch, the finish is almost delicate. A built-to-age Montrachet that remains light on its feet. In a word, wow."
- Item #: i_300088Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93-95James Suckling: 96JAMES SUCKLING 96 POINTS : "Very attractive wet stones and a wealth of hazelnuts and ripe, fresh and expressive lemons and white peaches. The palate has beautifully complete, fleshy texture, really seamless and underpinned by stony, powerful terroir-driven structure. Exceptional Corton-Charlemagne here. Drink or hold"
WINE ADVOCATE 93-95 POINTS: "The 2017 Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru is excellent, unwinding in the glass with aromas of sweet citrus oil, beeswax, white flowers and oyster shell. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, layered and satiny on the attack, with considerable concentration and structuring dry extract, succulent underlying acids and a long, chalky finish. From the south-facing climat Les Languettes, this is one of the highlights of Drouhin's 2017 portfolio."
- Item #: i_350384Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS " Fresh and elegant, this white delivers peach, lemon cake, floral and spice aromas and flavors. Harmonious and ready to enjoy, but should develop well. Drink now through 2025."
- Item #: i_351184Bottle Size: 750mlThe negiciant house Maison Leroy was founded by Francois Leroy in the small village of Auxey-Duresses in 1868. Henri Leroy joined the business in 1919 and when daughter Lalou Bize-Leroy took over her father's negociant business in 1964, she became one of the first women to head an important firm in Burgundy. As well as an unwavering devotee of biodynamism, Bize-Leroy is a passionate believer in low yields. Leroy is known for wines with incredible density and intensity of fruit. This basic Bourgogne Blanc offers a level of fruit intensity and extraction that is uncommon for white Burgundy. Meticulous in its integration of oak to the texture, there's lots of ripe fruit, long-lasting flavors and a fine, laser-sharp finish.