- Item #: i_352788Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 92WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS - "The velvety texture of this white is an ideal vehicle for the peach, hazelnut, baking spice and pastry flavors. Remains focused and long, courtesy of the lemony acidity. Drink now through 2024."
BURGHOUND 91 POINTS - "A much more elegant nose reflects notes of acacia blossom white peach, essence of spiced pear and hints of mandarin and oak. There is fine richness to the generously proportioned but well-focused medium-bodied flavors that terminate in a driving, linear and bone dry finish that offers excellent depth and persistence. This is a fine Puligny villages."
- Item #: i_350058Bottle Size: 750mlJames Suckling: 91JAMES SUCKLING 91 POINTS - "A tangy and fresh white with sliced lemons and hints of dried tea leaves and flowers. Medium body, bright acidity and a long, flavorful finish."
Les Setilles is sourced from vineyards within the communes of Puligny Montrachet and Meursault, with each village representing roughly half of the final blend. Grapes are sourced from multiple plots within each village in an effort to maximize complexity of the final wine.
- Item #: i_352713Bottle Size: 750mlBright and fresh with aromas and flavors of ripe fruit—particularly apple, citrus and faint melon—this easy drinking Chardonnay is beautifully balanced. It is exceptionally elegant, showing incredible potential for a wine in this category with a satisfying, lengthy finish that is tinged with vanilla and butterscotch nuances and supported by a solid mineral backbone.
- Item #: i_344294Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 95Burghound: 89-91WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS - "A smooth, creamy texture sets the pace for peach, honey, pastry and toasty oak aromas and flavors, all underscored by lemon oil notes, citronella intensity and vivid acidity that carries the polyphonic finish. Alluring and harmonious. Drink now through 2028. 825 cases made, 160 cases imported."
- Item #: i_345219Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 + POINTS - "The 2016 Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Ruchottes is superb, wafting from the glass with aromas of Anjou pear, iodine, tangerine oil and wet stones, subtly framed by a delicate touch of new wood. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, ample and satiny, with excellent concentration, incisive acids and a long, precise finish. This is more old-fashioned than the 2014 rendition, and if that wine resembles the domaine's 2010, this has more affinities with the 2008."
- Item #: i_352509Bottle Size: 750mlDecanter: 96 PointsDECANTER 96 POINTS - "Bâtard can be a little too rich for its own good on occasion, but that's definitely not the case here. Elegant and pale in colour, this benefitted from early picking and careful winemaking to deliver freshness alongside pear and quince fruit and subtle 25% new oak."
- Item #: i_352998Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92+WINE ADVOCATE 92+ POINTS: "Aromas of orange rind and green apple mingling with notions of citrus blossom and fresh pastry introduce the 2017 Pouilly-Fuissé Tête de Cru Les Perrières, a medium to full-bodied, tight-knit and structured wine that's deep but fine-boned, concluding with a long and precise finish. Like the Clos des Prouges, this will need a little time in the cellar to unwind, but it's very promising."
- Item #: i_302714Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS: "A cuvée that was produced from 1.7 hectares around the village and saw 20% new wood, the 2017 Chassagne-Montrachet Village exhibits pretty aromas of white flowers, lime zest, pear and subtle oak vanillin. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, satiny and succulent, with nice concentration, an open and expressive core and a precise, chalky finish. This will drink very well out of the gates given its charming but classic profile."
- Item #: i_322098Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Burghound: 91Vinous Media: 94 PointsDecanter: 94 PointsDECANTER 94 POINTS: "This old-vine 0.72ha parcel touches the Clos St-Jean at the northern end of the village, and is one of the fresher, pithier wines in the domaine's range in 2017. It has good weight and concentration but also plenty of acidity, framed by aromatic oak."
- Item #: i_352501Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92-94WINE ADVOCATE 92-94 POINTS: "The 2017 Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Perrières is very promising indeed, offering up a youthfully reticent bouquet of crushed rocks, ripe citrus oil and white flowers. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, deep and satiny, with lovely purity, a taut, tensile core and a long, precise finish. To my palate, this is the finest Perrières that François Carillon has produced to date."
- Item #: i_351767Bottle Size: 750mlThe palate is immediately vibrant, opening into an expressive, powerful mid-palate, rather flamboyantly fruited but underscored by a fine tensile minerality. Very good..
- Item #: i_352987Bottle Size: 750mlBIODYNAMIC
NEAL MARTIN, VINOUS 91 POINTS - ""The 2015 Bourgogne-Côtes d'Auxerre Gueule de Loup has an engaging, complex bouquet of dried honey, pine cones and a touch of orange peel and black currant leaf. The palate is very well balanced, with a fine bead of acidity, and the finish conveys a simmering tension. Discreet stem ginger and white pepper notes are sprinkled liberally on the aftertaste. Superb."
- Item #: i_353236Bottle Size: 750mlThis wine is complete with all of the bells and whistles this premier cru vineyard could ever offer. Its aromas and flavors of ripe fruit, cloves, and citrus peel should provide a great pairing mate with a classic Coq au Vin.
- Item #: i_351298Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 92 POINTS- OUTSTANDING!: "Here the nose is aromatically quite similar to that of the Morgeot with perhaps a bit more floral influence. The caressing, vibrant and succulent medium weight flavors possess an attractive mouth feel while the lingering and much more complex finale is shaped by citrus-tinged acidity. While the Morgeot is perfectly good, it's clear that there is another dimension present."
- Item #: i_352936Bottle Size: 1.5LWine Advocate: 92-94BURGHOUND 94 POINTS - "There is a whiff of natural exoticism to the strikingly elegant, wafting and overtly floral and spiced tea aromas of mostly white orchard fruit. The cool, precise and restrained flavors possess a wonderfully refined mouth feel while displaying an abundance of minerality on the bitter lemon-inflected, balanced and sneaky long finish. This stunningly good effort is an exerciaromas of mostly white orchard fruit. The cool, precise and restrained flavors possess a wonderfully refined mouth feel while displaying an abundance of minerality on the bitter lemon-inflected, balanced and sneaky long finish. This stunningly good effort is an exercise is refinement and class."se is refinement and class."
VINOUS 93 - 95 POINTS - "(Boillot described his vines in Genevrières du Haut as "two rows away from Perrières "): Pale, green-tinged yellow. Delicate nose hints at lime zest and white flowers. Wonderfully silky and energetic on the palate but also sharply delineated and tighter today than the Charmes. Discreet citrus fruit and hazelnut flavors deliver noteworthy complexity. Finishes gripping and very long, with serious salty energy. The crop level here was just 35 hectoliters per hectare, according to Boillot."
WINE ADVOCATE 92 - 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Meursault 1er Cru Genevrières is another of the many highlights in this superlative portfolio, unfurling in the glass with aromas of green apple, citrus oil, spring blossom and oatmeal. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, layered and complete, with impressive concentration and depth at the core, ripe but vibrant acids and a stony, precise finish."
- Item #: i_352169Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 91 - 93 POINTS - "Boillot's 2017 Meursault 1er Cru Les Poruzots reveals attractive aromas of ripe green apple, Meyer lemon, white flowers and almond paste. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, deep and layered and pure, with more concentration, cut and structure than the Charmes this year."
- Item #: i_352610Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS: "The most youthfully reserved wine in the cellar was the 2018 Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru, a promising bottling that opens up to reveal scents of citrus zest, dried white flowers, green apple and pastry cream. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, layered and multidimensional, with racy acids and prodigious levels of searingly chalky dry extract that lend this wine incredible structure."
- Item #: i_352167Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "Boillot's emblematic 2018 Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Clos de la Mouchère has turned out brilliantly, wafting from the glass with aromas of pear, hazelnut, dried white flowers, citrus oil, blanched almonds and smoke. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, deep and multidimensional, with terrific concentration, searing levels of extract and a long, mineral finish."
- Item #: i_352171Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Aromas of citrus oil, white flowers, blanched almonds and crushed chalk preface the 2018 Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Perrières, a medium to full-bodied, racy and incisive wine that's chalky and tensile, with lively acids and a saline finish. This has turned out very well indeed."
- Item #: i_350403Bottle Size: 750mlDECANTER MAGAZINE 92 POINTS: "This reveals a complex bouquet of poached pear, citrus zest, juicy apple and white flowers, leading into a glossy palate underpinned by lovely minerality and acidity. Delicious stuff."
- Item #: i_351512Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Aromas of cassis, dark plums, baking chocolate and rosehip introduce the 2016 Nuits-Saint-Georges 1er Cru Clos de la Maréchale, a full-bodied, rich and layered wine with a broad-shouldered chassis of fine, stony tannins that are entirely enveloped in fleshy, gourmand fruit. This vintage is atypically rich and concentrated, so it's hard to predict if and when it will shut down."
VINOUS 93 POINTS - "(just over 14% alcohol; 40% of the crop was lost to frost): Bright red-ruby; the darkest of these 2016s. Also the fruitiest on the nose, with black cherry and dark raspberry aromas complemented by smoky minerality. Powerful, rich and chewy, showing good inner-mouth energy and savory complexity to its dense flavors of black cherry, dark chocolate and menthol. Finishes fresh, sweet and long, with tongue-saturating tannins that are more obvious than those of Mugnier's '16s from Chambolle-Musigny but essentially smooth. This wine reminded me of a 2015 in style, although today all of Mugnier's 2016s share some of the earlier vintage's full ripeness and volume."
BURGHOUND 92 POINTS - "This is appealingly super-fresh with its cool array of red currant, plum, earth and soft wisps of violet and lavender. The supple, round and utterly delicious medium-bodied flavors possess a really lovely mouthfeel thanks to the relatively fine-grained tannins that also shape the punchy, dusty and serious finale. I like the sense of harmony and this notably complex effort should be easily capable of rewarding 10 to 12 years of cellaring and holding for much longer."