- Item #: i_322098Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Burghound: 91Vinous Media: 94 PointsDecanter: 94 PointsDECANTER 94 POINTS: "This old-vine 0.72ha parcel touches the Clos St-Jean at the northern end of the village, and is one of the fresher, pithier wines in the domaine's range in 2017. It has good weight and concentration but also plenty of acidity, framed by aromatic oak."
- Item #: i_352501Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92-94WINE ADVOCATE 92-94 POINTS: "The 2017 Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Perrières is very promising indeed, offering up a youthfully reticent bouquet of crushed rocks, ripe citrus oil and white flowers. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, deep and satiny, with lovely purity, a taut, tensile core and a long, precise finish. To my palate, this is the finest Perrières that François Carillon has produced to date."
- Item #: i_351767Bottle Size: 750mlThe palate is immediately vibrant, opening into an expressive, powerful mid-palate, rather flamboyantly fruited but underscored by a fine tensile minerality. Very good..
- Item #: i_352987Bottle Size: 750mlBIODYNAMIC
NEAL MARTIN, VINOUS 91 POINTS - ""The 2015 Bourgogne-Côtes d'Auxerre Gueule de Loup has an engaging, complex bouquet of dried honey, pine cones and a touch of orange peel and black currant leaf. The palate is very well balanced, with a fine bead of acidity, and the finish conveys a simmering tension. Discreet stem ginger and white pepper notes are sprinkled liberally on the aftertaste. Superb."
- Item #: i_351298Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 92 POINTS- OUTSTANDING!: "Here the nose is aromatically quite similar to that of the Morgeot with perhaps a bit more floral influence. The caressing, vibrant and succulent medium weight flavors possess an attractive mouth feel while the lingering and much more complex finale is shaped by citrus-tinged acidity. While the Morgeot is perfectly good, it's clear that there is another dimension present."
- Item #: i_350844Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND - "Outstanding Top Value* (50% from Meursault vines and the rest from declassified St. Romain and Auxey-Duresses in equal proportions) A fresh and ripe nose of pear and orange peel exhibits touches of the exotic. There is excellent underlying tension to the punchy flavors that possess unusually good volume while delivering equally fine length. This is impressive for its level and highly recommended."
- Item #: i_352611Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95-97WINE ADVOCATE 95-97 POINTS: "The 2017 Chevalier-Montrachet Grand Cru is a stunner, unwinding in the glass with a classic bouquet of citrus oil, dried white flowers, linden, beeswax, crushed rocks and pastry cream. On the palate, it's full-bodied, tensile and searingly intense, with superb depth and dimension, immensely promising structural tension, and a long, incisive and unmistakably mineral finish. This will be well worth seeking out."
BURGHOUND 96 POINTS -DON'T MISS! : "A background touch of wood sets off a perfumed and intensely floral nose of acacia blossom, lilac, spice, lavender and green apple-scented aromas. There is excellent power and drive to the intense and tension-filled large-scaled flavors that possess a succulent mouth feel before culminating in a sneaky long and overtly mineral-inflected finish. This is an unusually powerful Chevalier that is presently shaped by a very firm acid spine and I would recommend buying this with the express intent of forgetting it at the back of your cellar."
- Item #: i_352936Bottle Size: 1.5LWine Advocate: 92-94BURGHOUND 94 POINTS - "There is a whiff of natural exoticism to the strikingly elegant, wafting and overtly floral and spiced tea aromas of mostly white orchard fruit. The cool, precise and restrained flavors possess a wonderfully refined mouth feel while displaying an abundance of minerality on the bitter lemon-inflected, balanced and sneaky long finish. This stunningly good effort is an exerciaromas of mostly white orchard fruit. The cool, precise and restrained flavors possess a wonderfully refined mouth feel while displaying an abundance of minerality on the bitter lemon-inflected, balanced and sneaky long finish. This stunningly good effort is an exercise is refinement and class."se is refinement and class."
VINOUS 93 - 95 POINTS - "(Boillot described his vines in Genevrières du Haut as "two rows away from Perrières "): Pale, green-tinged yellow. Delicate nose hints at lime zest and white flowers. Wonderfully silky and energetic on the palate but also sharply delineated and tighter today than the Charmes. Discreet citrus fruit and hazelnut flavors deliver noteworthy complexity. Finishes gripping and very long, with serious salty energy. The crop level here was just 35 hectoliters per hectare, according to Boillot."
WINE ADVOCATE 92 - 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Meursault 1er Cru Genevrières is another of the many highlights in this superlative portfolio, unfurling in the glass with aromas of green apple, citrus oil, spring blossom and oatmeal. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, layered and complete, with impressive concentration and depth at the core, ripe but vibrant acids and a stony, precise finish."
- Item #: i_351380Bottle Size: 3LBURGHOUND 94 POINTS -OUTSTANDING! : "A touch of mineral reduction can be found on the markedly floral-inflected nose of white peach, spice and discreet wood nuances. There is first-rate volume to the caressing yet powerful flavors that possess excellent mid-palate density before concluding in a highly energetic, complex and beautifully well-balanced finale. This isn't quite as structured as the Pucelles but it is still sufficiently prominent to make evident that here too patience will be rewarded."
- Item #: i_350403Bottle Size: 750mlDECANTER MAGAZINE 92 POINTS: "This reveals a complex bouquet of poached pear, citrus zest, juicy apple and white flowers, leading into a glossy palate underpinned by lovely minerality and acidity. Delicious stuff."
- Item #: i_350506Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91-93ROBERT PARKER 91-93 POINTS: "The 2017 Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Morgeot Clos de la Chapelle (Domaine du Duc de Magenta) unfurls in the glass with aromas of fresh peach, buttered apples, almond paste and honeycomb. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, satiny and concentrated, with bright acids, impressive energy and tension and a long, tangy finish. This is another white well worth seeking out."
- Item #: i_349989Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94-96Wine Spectator: 95WINE ADVOCATE 94-96 POINTS - "Chartron's greatest wine is the 2017 Chevalier-Montrachet Grand Cru Clos des Chevaliers, an immensely promising effort that wafts from the glass with aromas of citrus oil, mandarin, dried white flowers, crisp Anjou pear, pastry cream and a deft framing of new oak. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, deep and structured, with superb concentration, excellent tension at the core, brisk acids, chalky dry extract and a long, mineral finish. This is an impeccably balanced Chevalier-Montrachet that can stand alongside the vintage's best. Note that Chartron will also be releasing a small barrel selection as a 'Cuvée Centennaire' to commemorate the acquisition of this clos in 1917."
- Item #: i_352309Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 91 - 93 POINTS - "The 2017 Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru reveals aromas of lemon oil, beeswax, pastry cream and nutmeg. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, tensile and chalky, with a reserved, structural profile."
- Item #: i_350870Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92-94Wine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Enticing aromas of vanilla, citronella, hazelnut and lime are the hallmarks of this creamy white. Harmonious and complex, lingering on the finish and fading gracefully, with echoes of spice and citrus."
WINE ADVOCATE 92-94 POINTS - "The 2017 Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Clos du Cailleret offers up notes of mandarin, lemon oil, smoke, dried white flowers and candle wax. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, with a tighter-knit, more tensile profile than the Clos de la Pucelle, built around tangy acids and chalky extract. This looks to be the finest premier cru in the Chartron cellar this year."
- Item #: i_352308Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 92-94 POINTS: "The 2017 Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Clos de la Pucelle displays a lovely bouquet of fresh peach, yellow orchard fruit, beeswax and white flowers. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, deep and broad shouldered, with lovely depth at the core, fresh acids and a long, expansive finish. It's an especially complete wine this year. Chartron will also be releasing a small barrel selection as a "Cuvée Centennaire" to commemorate the acquisition of this clos in 1917. The 2017 vintage is a decided success for Domaine Jean Chartron, an excellent source of pure and precise Puligny that deserves more recognition. Over the last decade, Jean-Michel Chartron has masterminded a quiet renaissance at this important estate. Winemaking here is classical, with modest percentages of new oak and fermentation and élevage in barrel, with the wines often spending a few months in stainless steel before bottling after a light fining. In 2017, the domaine will celebrate the acquisition in 1917 of its three important enclosed vineyards—the Clos des Chevaliers, the Clos de la Pucelle and the Clos du Cailleret—with a small special cuvée from each, and based on what I tasted, I suspect those wines will be well worth a special effort to seek out."
- Item #: i_345258Bottle Size: 750MLVINOUS 92-94 POINTS - " The 2017 Puligny-Montrachet Les Folatières 1er Cru, Alain Chavy’s favourite amongst his Premier Cru Puligny, has a taut, stony bouquet that shows a little more vivacity than the other Premier Crus at the moment. The palate is fresh and vibrant with crisp acidity, fine nervosité with a precise finish that is clearly a step above its "siblings". Excellent and I concur with its creator - this is one of the domaine's standouts."
- Item #: i_352484Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93VINOUS 93 POINTS
WINE AVOCATE 93 POINTS
BURGHOUND 92 POINTS
Fichet's greatest wine this year is the 2017 Meursault Le Tesson, a lovely white Burgundy that wafts from the glass with aromas of white peach, lemon oil, nutmeg, spring flowers and crushed chalk. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, satiny and intense, with tangy acids, excellent depth at the tight-knit core and a sense of completeness that sets it apart." WINE ADVOCATE