- Item #: i_351767Bottle Size: 750mlThe palate is immediately vibrant, opening into an expressive, powerful mid-palate, rather flamboyantly fruited but underscored by a fine tensile minerality. Very good..
- Item #: i_352987Bottle Size: 750mlBIODYNAMIC
NEAL MARTIN, VINOUS 91 POINTS - ""The 2015 Bourgogne-Côtes d'Auxerre Gueule de Loup has an engaging, complex bouquet of dried honey, pine cones and a touch of orange peel and black currant leaf. The palate is very well balanced, with a fine bead of acidity, and the finish conveys a simmering tension. Discreet stem ginger and white pepper notes are sprinkled liberally on the aftertaste. Superb."
- Item #: i_351298Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 92 POINTS- OUTSTANDING!: "Here the nose is aromatically quite similar to that of the Morgeot with perhaps a bit more floral influence. The caressing, vibrant and succulent medium weight flavors possess an attractive mouth feel while the lingering and much more complex finale is shaped by citrus-tinged acidity. While the Morgeot is perfectly good, it's clear that there is another dimension present."
- Item #: i_352936Bottle Size: 1.5LWine Advocate: 92-94BURGHOUND 94 POINTS - "There is a whiff of natural exoticism to the strikingly elegant, wafting and overtly floral and spiced tea aromas of mostly white orchard fruit. The cool, precise and restrained flavors possess a wonderfully refined mouth feel while displaying an abundance of minerality on the bitter lemon-inflected, balanced and sneaky long finish. This stunningly good effort is an exerciaromas of mostly white orchard fruit. The cool, precise and restrained flavors possess a wonderfully refined mouth feel while displaying an abundance of minerality on the bitter lemon-inflected, balanced and sneaky long finish. This stunningly good effort is an exercise is refinement and class."se is refinement and class."
VINOUS 93 - 95 POINTS - "(Boillot described his vines in Genevrières du Haut as "two rows away from Perrières "): Pale, green-tinged yellow. Delicate nose hints at lime zest and white flowers. Wonderfully silky and energetic on the palate but also sharply delineated and tighter today than the Charmes. Discreet citrus fruit and hazelnut flavors deliver noteworthy complexity. Finishes gripping and very long, with serious salty energy. The crop level here was just 35 hectoliters per hectare, according to Boillot."
WINE ADVOCATE 92 - 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Meursault 1er Cru Genevrières is another of the many highlights in this superlative portfolio, unfurling in the glass with aromas of green apple, citrus oil, spring blossom and oatmeal. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, layered and complete, with impressive concentration and depth at the core, ripe but vibrant acids and a stony, precise finish."
- Item #: i_352169Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 91 - 93 POINTS - "Boillot's 2017 Meursault 1er Cru Les Poruzots reveals attractive aromas of ripe green apple, Meyer lemon, white flowers and almond paste. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, deep and layered and pure, with more concentration, cut and structure than the Charmes this year."
- Item #: i_352610Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS: "The most youthfully reserved wine in the cellar was the 2018 Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru, a promising bottling that opens up to reveal scents of citrus zest, dried white flowers, green apple and pastry cream. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, layered and multidimensional, with racy acids and prodigious levels of searingly chalky dry extract that lend this wine incredible structure."
- Item #: i_352167Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95WINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "Boillot's emblematic 2018 Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Clos de la Mouchère has turned out brilliantly, wafting from the glass with aromas of pear, hazelnut, dried white flowers, citrus oil, blanched almonds and smoke. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, deep and multidimensional, with terrific concentration, searing levels of extract and a long, mineral finish."
- Item #: i_351512Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Aromas of cassis, dark plums, baking chocolate and rosehip introduce the 2016 Nuits-Saint-Georges 1er Cru Clos de la Maréchale, a full-bodied, rich and layered wine with a broad-shouldered chassis of fine, stony tannins that are entirely enveloped in fleshy, gourmand fruit. This vintage is atypically rich and concentrated, so it's hard to predict if and when it will shut down."
VINOUS 93 POINTS - "(just over 14% alcohol; 40% of the crop was lost to frost): Bright red-ruby; the darkest of these 2016s. Also the fruitiest on the nose, with black cherry and dark raspberry aromas complemented by smoky minerality. Powerful, rich and chewy, showing good inner-mouth energy and savory complexity to its dense flavors of black cherry, dark chocolate and menthol. Finishes fresh, sweet and long, with tongue-saturating tannins that are more obvious than those of Mugnier's '16s from Chambolle-Musigny but essentially smooth. This wine reminded me of a 2015 in style, although today all of Mugnier's 2016s share some of the earlier vintage's full ripeness and volume."
BURGHOUND 92 POINTS - "This is appealingly super-fresh with its cool array of red currant, plum, earth and soft wisps of violet and lavender. The supple, round and utterly delicious medium-bodied flavors possess a really lovely mouthfeel thanks to the relatively fine-grained tannins that also shape the punchy, dusty and serious finale. I like the sense of harmony and this notably complex effort should be easily capable of rewarding 10 to 12 years of cellaring and holding for much longer."
- Item #: i_352309Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 91 - 93 POINTS - "The 2017 Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru reveals aromas of lemon oil, beeswax, pastry cream and nutmeg. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, tensile and chalky, with a reserved, structural profile."
- Item #: i_350870Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92-94Wine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Enticing aromas of vanilla, citronella, hazelnut and lime are the hallmarks of this creamy white. Harmonious and complex, lingering on the finish and fading gracefully, with echoes of spice and citrus."
WINE ADVOCATE 92-94 POINTS - "The 2017 Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Clos du Cailleret offers up notes of mandarin, lemon oil, smoke, dried white flowers and candle wax. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, with a tighter-knit, more tensile profile than the Clos de la Pucelle, built around tangy acids and chalky extract. This looks to be the finest premier cru in the Chartron cellar this year."
- Item #: i_353580Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 89-91Wine Spectator: 90WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "A sleek yet ripe style, this boasts peach, apple, lemon tart and light vanilla and toast flavors. Vibrant and juicy, with a lingering aftertaste of spice. Drink now."
- Item #: i_352308Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 92-94 POINTS: "The 2017 Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Clos de la Pucelle displays a lovely bouquet of fresh peach, yellow orchard fruit, beeswax and white flowers. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, deep and broad shouldered, with lovely depth at the core, fresh acids and a long, expansive finish. It's an especially complete wine this year. Chartron will also be releasing a small barrel selection as a "Cuvée Centennaire" to commemorate the acquisition of this clos in 1917. The 2017 vintage is a decided success for Domaine Jean Chartron, an excellent source of pure and precise Puligny that deserves more recognition. Over the last decade, Jean-Michel Chartron has masterminded a quiet renaissance at this important estate. Winemaking here is classical, with modest percentages of new oak and fermentation and élevage in barrel, with the wines often spending a few months in stainless steel before bottling after a light fining. In 2017, the domaine will celebrate the acquisition in 1917 of its three important enclosed vineyards—the Clos des Chevaliers, the Clos de la Pucelle and the Clos du Cailleret—with a small special cuvée from each, and based on what I tasted, I suspect those wines will be well worth a special effort to seek out."
- Item #: i_353459Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 92 PointsDecanter: 92 PointsDECANTER 92 POINTS - " Bottled with a highest ever alcohol level of 14.3%, but such is Jean-Claude Bessin's skill as a winemaker that the resulting wine doesn't seem remotely heavy or ponderous. Showing some skin tannins, notes of pink grapefruit and classic old vine concentration, this is comparatively soft but has enough extract for balance."
BURGHOUND 91 POINTS - " Here too there is fine classic Chablis character suffusing the ripe white orchard fruit, iodine and mineral reduction aromas. The old vines are in evidence as the mid-palate density of the middle weight plus flavors is clearly superior as is the impressively complex and persistent finish that displays plenty of salinity. This is well-worth your attention."
- Item #: i_353460Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 94 PointsDecanter: 94 PointsWINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Jean-Claude Bessin only makes 5,000 bottles of this old vine cuvée from a lieu-dit within the larger Fourchaume Premier Cru. Combining stainless steel and oaked components, it's rich, concentrated and appealingly honeyed, with subtle wood spices, a thread of minerality and a pure, focused, enticingly balance finish. These are never wines that have to try too hard."
- Item #: i_353461Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 95 PointsDecanter: 95 PointsWINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS - "The domaine's holdings extend over 2ha and are located next to Les Clos, with a west and north-west orientation. Combining vines of different ages and a mixture of stainless steel and oaked components, this is a wine that will reward patience. Vanilla spice, white flowers and subtle iodine notes combine beautifully on the palate here with salinity providing freshness on the finish."
- Item #: i_352571Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 92 PointsWINE ENTHUSIAST 92 POINTS - "Faint reduction lends a little yeasty funk to the nose of this wine. The palate then presents a sense of fresh ripeness. Notions of ripe apple and fresh Mirabelle are countered by breezy freshness that comes with a zesty, pithy texture. Altogether this wine is balanced, fresh and has verve, energy and liveliness in this warm vintage."
- Item #: i_350709Bottle Size: 750mlVINEYARDS ARE FARMED ORGANICALLY
Jean-Marc’s commitment to a bright, chiseled, thoroughbred style of Meursault, while many other wines of this village tend towards richness and concentration. Jean-Marc’s wines certainly express a certain depth and sumptuousness thanks to the appellation’s terroir, however his wines also show focus and restraint. Their elegance and amazing precision lend themselves to long aging in the cellars. Jean-Marc loves cooking believes the strong mineral backbone of his wines and their fresh acidity marry well with food. This is why one is more likely to find their wines in restaurants rather than in wine shops.
- Item #: i_353456Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92+WINE ADVOCATE 92+ POINTS - "The 2017 Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Blanchots Dessus wafts from the glass with notions of pears, waxy citrus rind, orange blossom and spicy new oak. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, broad and fleshy, with bright balancing acids and good depth at the core, displaying some promising back-end grip."
- Item #: i_333094Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93Burghound: 91-93The 2017 Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Caillerets was showing very well, offering up aromas of ripe citrus oil, crisp green apple and white flowers, followed by a medium to full-bodied, pure and incisive palate that's nicely intense and concentrated, with tangy acids and a long, chalky finish."
- Item #: i_333092Bottle Size: 750MLSTEPHEN TANZER 89 - 92 POINTS - "Bright yellow. Aromas of orange, quince and spices. Fat, spicy and sweet, but with good buffering salinity. This too is a bit warm and needs further élevage to absorb a bit of its baby fat."
WINE ADVOCATE 89-91 POINTS -"The 2015 Chassagne-Montrachet Les Chaumes has a feisty nose with hints of wild fennel infusing the citrus fruit, complemented by orange peel and smoky aromas. The palate is balanced with crisp acidity on the entry. The acidity is well judged here and it counterbalances a touch of viscosity towards the finish, which is armed with lovely peach and freshly sliced pear notes. Delightful."