- Item #: i_351097Bottle Size: 750mlDaniel Defaix makes delicious Chablis that he only releases when fully mature. He eschews wood, instead keeping the wine in stainless steel, stirring up the lees to get complex biscuity flavours, combined here with soft richness. Developed, mature style.
- Item #: i_352091Bottle Size: 750mlDemougeot is a native of Burgundy who started his domaine in the heart of Meursault in 1992. Today he has a total of almost 20 acres under vine and makes 14 different wines so there isn't much of any single wine. There are no synthetic herbicides, pesticides or fertilizers used in the vineyards. Much of the plowing is done with a horse and all harvest is by hand. The farming is probably closer to biodynamic than organic but he follows neither with religious ferver, instead relying on his connection with the land to determine the methods that keep the land the healthiest and most lively. The style here is one of classism and elegance. The wines are gentle and never forced yet have a verve that allows them to age with ease. Fermentation is done in cement cuve. Elevage is relatively long at 18 months for both the red and whites. Chardonnay grapes for this 2016 Meursault are sourced from three distinct parcels in three lieux-dits, namely ‘Les Chaumes, ‘Les Pellans’ and ‘Limouzin’. Vines are 18-60 years of age. Matured for 12 months in French oak barriques, 10% new. It shows hints of white peach and minerals on the nose. Elegant and bracing on the palate with beautiful notes of peach, apple, nectarine and minerality.
- Item #: i_352914Bottle Size: 750mlBiodynamic wine producer
Artisan winemaker, I develop quality wines, as naturally as possible while respecting the environment and the terroir.
On the hillsides of the village of Viré, the soils are located between the limestone and marl-limestone layers of the upper Bajocian, which make the reputation of the Grands Crus of Burgundy. This Viré-Clessé comes from vines in organic farming.
Indigenous yeasts, 65% in tanks and 35% in new barrels
- Item #: i_344292Bottle Size: 750MLBurghound: 88This Chassagne-Montrachet cuvée is important for anyone interested in the typicity of the various Burgundian appellations. Here you have six different parcels spread out over all sides of the appellation, some with deeper clay soils, others with limestone predominance, some with younger vines, several with older vines. It’s essentially a blend of a bit of everything Chassagne has to offer. There is citrus and minerality as well as the generosity, depth, and density we love in a Chassagne.
- Item #: i_333934Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS: "The 2017 Chablis 1er Cru Montée de Tonnerre is also showing well, bursting with aromas of honeyed citrus fruits, apples and white flowers. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, satiny and layered, with excellent texture and concentration and a bright, saline finish."
- Item #: i_333595Bottle Size: 750MLBURGHOUND 88 - 90 POINTS - " 88-90 points Allen Meadows - Burghound A ripe and attractively fresh mix of both white and yellow orchard fruit along with hazelnut nuances introduces concentrated and relatively voluminous flavors that possess fine complexity on the citrus-inflected finish. Note that there is a hint of bitterness present though I suspect this is related to abundant gas as this seems phenolically ripe."
- Item #: i_321341Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2018 Chablis 1er Cru La Forest is also showing well, opening in the glass with aromas of crisp green orchard fruit, citrus oil, beeswax, honeycomb and oyster shell. Medium to full-bodied, layered and textural, it's fleshy and enveloping, with a lovely spine of acidity and a long, saline finish. Like the Vaillons, this is quite demonstrative for a young Dauvissat Forest, and it will deliver considerable pleasure straight out of the gates."
- Item #: i_334239Bottle Size: 750MLBURGHOUND 89-91 POINTS: "A hint of pain grillé is discernible on the more refined nose that displays essence of pear, citrus and white floral aromas. The refinement exhibited by the nose continues onto the textured and attractively intense medium-bodied flavors that possess a discreet minerality on the balanced, delicious and lingering finish. This is really quite good and worth a look."
- Item #: i_351992Bottle Size: 750mlThe vines are cultivated using non-certified organic methods
By ageing with just 20% in new barrels, and the rest in barrels that have held one, two or three wines, we preserve the unique character of the terroir. This is a Premier Cru with a nose of mimosa honey, Turkish Delight, followed by flowers, carnation-lilac-violet, bergamot-nutmeg spice… a mouthfeel of poached white fruits, grilled hazelnuts, white chocolate, sappy, sensual, an intense finish, long in the mouth.
- Item #: i_351282Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Aromas of lime zest, Anjour pear, oatmeal and dried white flowers introduce the 2016 Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Les Ménétrières, a full-bodied, ample and satiny wine, with lovely mid-palate depth and dimension, concluding with a long, penetrating finish. The alliance of elegance with concentration and volume marks this out as potentially the finest of Ferret's 2016s, though the Tournant de Pouilly may give it a run for its money."
- Item #: i_345704Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94+WINE ADVOCATE 94+ POINTS: "The 2017 Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Les Ménétrières is similarly superb, offering up aromas of fresh peach, white flowers, green apple, orange oil and warm bread. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, satiny and multidimensional, with considerable muscle and concentration despite its elegant profile, structured around chewy dry extract and a lively girdle of acidity, and concluding with a long, saline finish. This brilliant Pouilly-Fuissé will amply reward bottle age."
- Item #: i_351283Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Vinous Media: 93 PointsDecanter: 93 PointsWINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2016 Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Tournant de Pouilly is one of the more reserved wines in the portfolio, unfurling reluctantly in the glass with notes of ripe lemons, yellow orchard fruit and pastry cream. On the palate, it's full-bodied, deep and dense, with considerable concentration and substance, balanced by the bright acids that this domaine seems so unfailingly to capture. This has considerable aging potential and will demand two or three years' patience."
DECANTER 93 POINTS - "This cuvée hails from one hectare of old vines in an east-facing climat near the hamlet of Pouilly. A sweet bouquet of confit citrus, yellow orchard fruit, fresh almonds and orange zest is followed by a full-bodied, vibrant palate with an almost electric sense of energy, lovely depth at the core, and a long, pure finish. This is beautifully bright, yet also clearly the product of ripe grapes."
BURGHOUND 91 POINTS - "A pungent combination offers up strong notes of petrol where additional breadth is present in the form of essence of white orchard fruit and oak toast. The mouth feel of the equally sized flavors is slightly more refined yet there is fine concentration and punch on the bitter lemon-inflected finish. This needs a few years to better harmonize and to develop better depth but the underlying material appears to be present such that it should progressively improve."
- Item #: i_345705Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Tournant de Pouilly is brilliant, opening in the glass with a youthfully reserved bouquet of ripe citrus fruit, wet stones and freshly baked bread. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, deep and concentrated, with a satiny, enveloping attack, superb cut and tension at the core and a long, precise finish. This elegantly muscular Pouilly-Fuissé is well worth seeking out."
- Item #: i_334278Bottle Size: 750MLCERTIFIED ORGANIC
Jean Collet started Domaine Collet in 1954, the heir of a Chablis grape-growing family since 1792. Elegant and aromatic Chardonnay with fruity and floral aromas. Medium bodied. High-toned, Mineral,Bright Citric, Spicy, Soft Palate
The filtration is made with diatomaceous earth, a natural microscopic silica-based ocean shell.
- Item #: i_324002Bottle Size: 750ml"The 2015 Bourgogne Blanc has a clean, grapefruit and green apple-scented bouquet, a little fatter than I recall the 2014 last year. The palate is balanced with a pleasant weight and fatness in the mouth, the acidity retaining decent tension, leading to a spicy though not tensile finish. Drink this over the next 2-4 years. I like the bit of chutzpah here." Robert Parker
- Item #: i_351264Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 92 POINTS - "Enough reduction is present to push the underlying fruit to the background. Otherwise there is a similar sense of energy to the slightly rounder and softer medium-bodied flavors that aren't quite as mineral-driven or complex but do offer fine persistence on the balanced finish. This should be approachable young if desired. This should be approachable young if desired."
- Item #: i_352931Bottle Size: 750mlDECANTER 97 POINTS - "Bienvenues is generally less powerful than Bâtard at Leflaive, and that's certainly the case here. But what this impressive grand cru lacks in terms of weight, it more than makes up for with precision. Tangerine and pink grapefruit flavours segue into a fresh, textured finish embellished by oak. Drinking Window 2022 - 2032."
WINE ADVOCATE 93 - 95 POINTS - "Like the Pucelles, the 2017 Bienvenues-Bâtard-Montrachet Grand Cru is quite tensile and reserved, unfurling in the glass with aromas of green orchard fruit, iodine, orange rind and creamy new wood. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, textural and fleshy, but taut—even firm—at the core, with good concentration, tangy acid and a bright, chalky finish. Like all these releases, I'm looking forward to seeing it from bottle."
BURGHOUND 92 - 95 POINTS - "from 45+ year old vines, which are the oldest of the Domaine). As is often the case chez Leflaive, the nose is quite similar to that of the Pucelles with the only difference being that it’s a touch riper. The highly succulent medium-bodied flavors possess equally good mid-palate sap while delivering excellent depth and persistence on the focused, balanced and wonderfully long finish. This is class in a glass and very BBM in character."
- Item #: i_345641Bottle Size: 750MLBurghound: 94-97WINE ADVOCATE 95 - 97 POINTS - "The 2017 Chevalier-Montrachet Grand Cru delivers a vibrant but reserved bouquet of lemon zest, white flowers and crushed chalk that is still some distance from displaying all its breadth of expression. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, deep and tensile, with a tight-knit core, searingly intense chalky extract and an electric sense of energy, concluding with a long finish. This is the most linear Chevaliers I tasted in the 2017 vintage, which was typically somewhat more open at the same stage in Anne-Claude's day, so it will be interesting to see how much plenitude it displays in bottle."
BURGHOUND 93 - 96 POINTS - "An all-but mute if cool and elegant nose only grudgingly reveals its aromas of wet stone, white flowers, tangerine peel and jasmine tea. There is almost painful intensity to the larger-scaled yet refined flavors that brim with both dry extract and a driving minerality before concluding in an equally long finish. This too is very clearly built-to-age and is a superb Chevalier that is going to require extended patience."