- Item #: i_351593Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 90WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "Broad and buttery, with apple pie, pastry and spice flavors permeating the open, fleshy texture. Firms up on the finish. Drink now through 2020. 830 cases made."
- Item #: i_350966Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93VINOUS 93 POINTS - "e 2017 Pouilly-Fuissé Clos des Quarts, co-owned by Olivier Merlin and Dominique Lafon, does not include the oldest vines in this particular vintage. Since these were planted in 1917, this plot was bottled separately in magnums to celebrate its centenary. It has a very classy bouquet, one that is beautifully defined with orange pith, apricot, lime flower and jasmine aromas that all gain intensity with aeration. The quality terroir comes through, even without those old vines. The palate is fresh and citrus-driven on the entry, bright and vivid with notes of orange rind, pine kernels, hints of mango and spice. This feels very harmonious and focused, demonstrating impressive depth on the flinty finish. This is a very impressive Pouilly-Fuissé from one of its most historic and now rejuvenated vineyards"
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS -"The 2016 Pouilly-Fuissé Clos des Quarts is very pretty, opening in the glass with a complex bouquet of peach, confit citrus, lemon and smoke, framed by a judicious touch of recently used oak. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, satiny and elegant, with succulent balancing acids. This is an ample, approachable and open-knit rendition of the Clos des Quarts, replete with immediate charm."
- Item #: i_333606Bottle Size: 750mlVinous Media: 96 PointsDecanter: 96 PointsDECANTER 96 POINTS "A captivating blend of ripe apricot, pineapple and citrus underpinned by a decadent creamy oak core; textured, rounded, full of drive and sizzling acidity carrying through to the mouthwatering finish."
- Item #: i_351540Bottle Size: 750mlWe recently tasted the 2017 releases from Domaine Chavy-Chouet and were thoroughly impressed. We called down additional staff members to try them at the wine bar and everyone was blown away by the entire line-up. This is exactly what we look for from fine Burgundy where Chardonnay achieves its greatest expression. We immediately grabbed as much wine as we could and are thrilled to offer you our best white Burgundy purchase in recent memory.
For those wanting to do a "deep dive" into what makes White Burgundy so special these wines from Chavy-Chouet are the perfect introduction. Romaric took over day to day operations of the estate in 2014 after growing up in the vineyards. He has great respect for the history and tradition of Burgundy yet has made improvements in the vineyard and the cellar which reveal themselves in every bottle.
The Bourgogne Blanc is a fantastic wine which will make believers out of anyone who tries it. You would be hard pressed to find a better white Burgundy for the price. Vinous Media's Burgundy critic, Neal Martin loved the Chavy Chouet wines and wrote, "There is a lot in this regional white and it represents great value." This wine is an absolute steal and one to purchase by the case with confidence.
Enjoy the wines from Chavy Chouet and discover how good Chardonnay can be.
VINOUS 90 POINTS - "The 2017 Bourgogne Blanc Les Femelottes comes from five parcels from 15 to 60 years old vines adjacent to the Puligny-Montrachet village crus. It has a lovely, almond and white chocolate scented bouquet that is very well defined. The palate is well balanced with a fine thread of acidity, a touch of bitter lemon and frangipane towards the composed, quite phenolic finish. There is a lot in this regional white and it represents great value."
- Item #: i_352790Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "Aromas of wheat toast, orange rind and green apple mingle with suggestions of oyster shell and vanilla pod in an incipiently complex bouquet, introducing Moreau's 2017 Chablis Grand Cru Vaudésir, a full-bodied, supple and satiny wine that's notably concentrated—reflecting its meager yield of nine hectoliters per hectare—with ripe acids, an elegantly muscular profile and a long, lingering finish. It was matured entirely in wood"
- Item #: i_345430Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92Decanter: 94 PointsDECANTER 94 POINTS -"Dominique Lafon's home vineyard is a 2.4ha parcel that sits just below the winery on clay and limestone soils and regularly produces one of the best village Meursaults. Made without new wood, it has notes of aromatic baking spices, fennel and lemon tart with plenty of texture and weight."
WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS -"The 2017 Meursault Clos de la Barre has turned out very well, opening in the glass with a youthfully reserved bouquet of citrus oil, clear honey, green orchard fruit and almond paste that's actually less forthcoming than the Perrières at this very early stage. On the palate, the wine is medium to full-bodied, supple and satiny, with tangy acids, good concentration and a lively, saline finish. While this will be approachable young, expect real complexity to emerge with a decade's bottle age."
- Item #: i_351598Bottle Size: 750mlThe vineyards are farmed organically. The only thing David Croix doesn’t like in 2016 is the lack of volume. He was full of praise for the quality of the vintage, explaining that the grapes were very healthy at harvest despite the difficult season, and said the aromas in the winery during fermentation were glorious. He describes the wines as “harmonious, with nothing that is out of balance”. No Bourgogne was made this year, there are tiny volumes of village wines and several of the Beaune Premiers Crus have been blended to make a single wine. In fact, only Corton-Charlemagne has achieved anything like a normal yield. This has delicious red fruit and almost endless strawberry and juicy cherry flavours- although this is not a massive wine. The 60-year-old vines are planted on shallow topsoil with lots of iron oxide which gives the dense tannic structure.
- Item #: i_351097Bottle Size: 750mlDaniel Defaix makes delicious Chablis that he only releases when fully mature. He eschews wood, instead keeping the wine in stainless steel, stirring up the lees to get complex biscuity flavours, combined here with soft richness. Developed, mature style.
- Item #: i_352091Bottle Size: 750mlDemougeot is a native of Burgundy who started his domaine in the heart of Meursault in 1992. Today he has a total of almost 20 acres under vine and makes 14 different wines so there isn't much of any single wine. There are no synthetic herbicides, pesticides or fertilizers used in the vineyards. Much of the plowing is done with a horse and all harvest is by hand. The farming is probably closer to biodynamic than organic but he follows neither with religious ferver, instead relying on his connection with the land to determine the methods that keep the land the healthiest and most lively. The style here is one of classism and elegance. The wines are gentle and never forced yet have a verve that allows them to age with ease. Fermentation is done in cement cuve. Elevage is relatively long at 18 months for both the red and whites. Chardonnay grapes for this 2016 Meursault are sourced from three distinct parcels in three lieux-dits, namely ‘Les Chaumes, ‘Les Pellans’ and ‘Limouzin’. Vines are 18-60 years of age. Matured for 12 months in French oak barriques, 10% new. It shows hints of white peach and minerals on the nose. Elegant and bracing on the palate with beautiful notes of peach, apple, nectarine and minerality.
- Item #: i_344292Bottle Size: 750MLBurghound: 88This Chassagne-Montrachet cuvée is important for anyone interested in the typicity of the various Burgundian appellations. Here you have six different parcels spread out over all sides of the appellation, some with deeper clay soils, others with limestone predominance, some with younger vines, several with older vines. It’s essentially a blend of a bit of everything Chassagne has to offer. There is citrus and minerality as well as the generosity, depth, and density we love in a Chassagne.
- Item #: i_333595Bottle Size: 750MLBURGHOUND 88 - 90 POINTS - " 88-90 points Allen Meadows - Burghound A ripe and attractively fresh mix of both white and yellow orchard fruit along with hazelnut nuances introduces concentrated and relatively voluminous flavors that possess fine complexity on the citrus-inflected finish. Note that there is a hint of bitterness present though I suspect this is related to abundant gas as this seems phenolically ripe."
- Item #: i_334239Bottle Size: 750MLBURGHOUND 89-91 POINTS: "A hint of pain grillé is discernible on the more refined nose that displays essence of pear, citrus and white floral aromas. The refinement exhibited by the nose continues onto the textured and attractively intense medium-bodied flavors that possess a discreet minerality on the balanced, delicious and lingering finish. This is really quite good and worth a look."
- Item #: i_345704Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94+WINE ADVOCATE 94+ POINTS: "The 2017 Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Les Ménétrières is similarly superb, offering up aromas of fresh peach, white flowers, green apple, orange oil and warm bread. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, satiny and multidimensional, with considerable muscle and concentration despite its elegant profile, structured around chewy dry extract and a lively girdle of acidity, and concluding with a long, saline finish. This brilliant Pouilly-Fuissé will amply reward bottle age."
- Item #: i_351283Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93Decanter: 93 PointsWINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "The 2016 Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Tournant de Pouilly is one of the more reserved wines in the portfolio, unfurling reluctantly in the glass with notes of ripe lemons, yellow orchard fruit and pastry cream. On the palate, it's full-bodied, deep and dense, with considerable concentration and substance, balanced by the bright acids that this domaine seems so unfailingly to capture. This has considerable aging potential and will demand two or three years' patience."
DECANTER 93 POINTS - "This cuvée hails from one hectare of old vines in an east-facing climat near the hamlet of Pouilly. A sweet bouquet of confit citrus, yellow orchard fruit, fresh almonds and orange zest is followed by a full-bodied, vibrant palate with an almost electric sense of energy, lovely depth at the core, and a long, pure finish. This is beautifully bright, yet also clearly the product of ripe grapes."
BURGHOUND 91 POINTS - "A pungent combination offers up strong notes of petrol where additional breadth is present in the form of essence of white orchard fruit and oak toast. The mouth feel of the equally sized flavors is slightly more refined yet there is fine concentration and punch on the bitter lemon-inflected finish. This needs a few years to better harmonize and to develop better depth but the underlying material appears to be present such that it should progressively improve."
- Item #: i_345705Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Tournant de Pouilly is brilliant, opening in the glass with a youthfully reserved bouquet of ripe citrus fruit, wet stones and freshly baked bread. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, deep and concentrated, with a satiny, enveloping attack, superb cut and tension at the core and a long, precise finish. This elegantly muscular Pouilly-Fuissé is well worth seeking out."
- Item #: i_324002Bottle Size: 750ml"The 2015 Bourgogne Blanc has a clean, grapefruit and green apple-scented bouquet, a little fatter than I recall the 2014 last year. The palate is balanced with a pleasant weight and fatness in the mouth, the acidity retaining decent tension, leading to a spicy though not tensile finish. Drink this over the next 2-4 years. I like the bit of chutzpah here." Robert Parker