- Item #: i_321291Bottle Size: 750MLAbbatucci's red is otherworldly. Like nothing you've ever tried, the native Sciacarellu planted in granite screams out of the glass in a blaze of wild glory. Fresh and supremely textured, long and complex, this is a medium-bodied red that is guaranteed to evoke "wows." It has a spirit and character all its own.
- Item #: i_345007Bottle Size: 750ML"Marsanne (51%) is the dominant grape variety complemented by Clairette Blanc (31%) and some Ugni Blanc (18%). The vineyards to produce the white wine at Bagnol cover a bit less than 9 hectares and are planted on a gentle slope of clay and limestone soil with a north – northwest exposure. After a manual harvest, the grapes are destemmed and pressed; the fermentation continues for three weeks in cement cuves at a temperature controlled 18 degrees Celsius; the wine is vinified completely dry. The malo-lactic fermentation is blocked to preserve the freshness of the wine and the wine is normally bottled at some point between May and July of the following year. Total annual production is on the order of 40,000 bottles; somewhere between 6,000 and 9,000 bottles per year are dedicated to the US market." MADROSE.COM
Domaine du Bagnol Cassis offers intense minerality.The fresh mid-palate possesses a gracious, ample and silky, coating texture enhanced by beautiful, focused acidity and generous yellow fruit flavors, unripe white peach, touch of apple and zesty, lemon peel notes. The finish is racy, polished, intense and long.
- Item #: i_351508Bottle Size: 750mlMichel Laroche was one of the pioneers in the resurgence of quality winemaking in the South of France in the early 1980s. His commitment to the area was cemented when he acquired Mas La Chevaliere, a state-of-the-art winery on the grounds of a splendid 18th-century guesthouse and he began to produce wines using Southern French varieties. Similar to their siblings from Michel’s other properties, including Laroche in Chablis, the wines from Mas La Chevaliere express a pureness and flavor profile that leads with fruit followed by a small amount of oak beautifully balanced by the perfect amount of acidity.
- Item #: i_353388Bottle Size: 750mlNATURAL WINE
The wines of Gaillac as a whole are on the map today as wines of quality due to the hard work and adventurous spirit of the Plageoles family. It all started with Robert Plageoles, who took great pride in bringing back the lost indigenous varieties of the area.
The terroir in Gaillac is made up of clay, limestone, sand and silex soils. Gaillac receives more sunshine than Bordeaux and is graced by a cool maritime climate."
Tasting Note: Nearly black in the glass with deep red highlights. The nose is dense with ripe black fruit and smoky notes of wood backed by dried savory herbs. The palate is a rich and delectable expression of concentrated red and black fruit flavors hewn to a sturdy wood frame. This powerful, yet elegant red exhibits layers of depth and complexity, it finishes with supple mineral infused tannins.
- Item #: i_345655Bottle Size: 750MLA collaboration between Napa's Joel Gott and Dave Phinney (Orin Swift)
The 2018 Shatter Grenache pours a glass that's inky black in color. Flavors and aromas dominated by black current, spice and cured meats with a touch of coffee from low toast barrels. There's an underlying minerality throughout with the distinct ferrous quality that schist delivers. The palate is pure and powerful, but has structure and a backbone, that holds it all together.