- Item #: i_353124Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS: "Another terrific value from the South of France, the 2016 Languedoc-La Clape Classique comes from the estate owned by a former winemaker at Château Lafite-Rothschild. A blend of 40% Grenache, 40% Syrah and 20% Mourvèdre, aged in cement tanks for 18 months, it's full-bodied, concentrated and velvety in texture, with rich blueberry, black cherry and plum shadings."
- Item #: i_351076Bottle Size: 750mlLocated in the Languedoc region of the South of France, a stone’s throw away from the Mediterranean sea. Chateau Maris offers sustainable, organic wines. Maris Minervois wine is a blend of Syrah & Grenache, in AOP Minervois. Aromas of blackberry, black cherry, pepper, and blackcurrant. Attractive mouth with a fruited palate. A comforting everyday wine perfect for a roast, barbecue and sharing with friends.
- Item #: i_351508Bottle Size: 750mlMichel Laroche was one of the pioneers in the resurgence of quality winemaking in the South of France in the early 1980s. His commitment to the area was cemented when he acquired Mas La Chevaliere, a state-of-the-art winery on the grounds of a splendid 18th-century guesthouse and he began to produce wines using Southern French varieties. Similar to their siblings from Michel’s other properties, including Laroche in Chablis, the wines from Mas La Chevaliere express a pureness and flavor profile that leads with fruit followed by a small amount of oak beautifully balanced by the perfect amount of acidity.
- Item #: i_345898Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 91WINE ADVOCATE 91 POINTS - "The 2016 Narassa, a blend of 80% Grenache and 20% Syrah, carries five grams per liter of residual sugar, right at the threshold of normal detectability. As a result, some tasters may find this sweet, while others may see it as a dry wine. I'd opt for pairing it with cheeses at the end of a meal, where its decadently ripe flavors of cherries and chocolate will shine, accented by hints of violets and dried spices."
- Item #: i_333477Bottle Size: 750MLA blend of Grenache, Syrah, and assorted Bordeaux varietals
WINEMAKER NOTES - Opaque with ruby accents, the wine is intensely perfumed with aromas of vivid wild berry, warm spice, plum, kirsch, lavender and subtle oak nuances. The entry is juicy and penetrating with rich flavors of ripe blackberry, racy currant and blueberry that generously coat the palate. Easy drinking, the finish is long and clean with just the right amount of polished tannins to keep the fruit in focus.
- Item #: i_352747Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Vinous Media: 96 PointsDecanter: 96 PointsJeb Dunnuck: 93 PointsIf you enjoy rich, full-bodied reds loaded with perfectly ripened fruit, we have a delicious wine and incredible value for you. Saint Roch's Kerbuccio is a full-throttled, mouth filling blend of Grenache and Carignan with a touch of Mourvedre. This wine wowed us and the critics with Decanter Magazine dropping a huge 96 Point score while noting it is "beautifully balanced" and "very polished." Rhone wine loving critic, Jeb Dunnuck called Kerbuccio, "Charming, medium to full-bodied, beautifully pure, and seamless on the palate, you can't go wrong with this wine."
By now you know the wines of Jean-Marc Lafage who brings us such popular hits as Bastide Miraflors, Narassa, Novellum and the recently featured the Lafage Nicolas Wine of the Month 2. This wine is from the Maury Sec appellation In the Languedoc-Roussillon, where many have flocked in recent years as they are able to consistently ripen grapes and find land which is not yet prohibitively expensive. David Phinney who gained fame creating The Prisoner and Orin Swift wines is a prime example of a winemaker who has bet big on this area of abundant sunshine and dark schist soils.
One would expect to pay 2-3 times the price for this wine if produced elsewhere. The delicious flavor, style and freshness of this wine will keep you coming back for more.
DECANTER 96 POINTS -"Lovely kirsch nose with bags of ripe and authentic Maury fruit. The palate is round, fleshy and warm with a delicious richness of oak, vanilla flavour and intense and complex finish. Lovely wine that's beautifully balanced with great typicity. Full-bodied and very polished."
*Gold Medal Winner 2018 Decanter World Wine Awards*
JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS -"Another great vintage for the cuvée, the 2016 Maury Sec Kerbuccio (75% Grenache, 20% Carignan, and 5% Mourvèdre) is loaded with character and reveals a deep purple color as well as notes of black and blue fruits, new saddle leather, exotic herbs, and tobacco. Charming, medium to full-bodied, beautifully pure, and seamless on the palate, you can’t go wrong with this wine."
- Item #: i_345655Bottle Size: 750MLA collaboration between Napa's Joel Gott and Dave Phinney (Orin Swift)
The 2018 Shatter Grenache pours a glass that's inky black in color. Flavors and aromas dominated by black current, spice and cured meats with a touch of coffee from low toast barrels. There's an underlying minerality throughout with the distinct ferrous quality that schist delivers. The palate is pure and powerful, but has structure and a backbone, that holds it all together.