- Item #: i_351782Bottle Size: 750mlMarsanne from 100 year old vines
Bernard Faurie is the wise old man of the hill (the hill of Hermitage that is), the last of the Mohicans I’d say. Let’s start with the vines. Bernard is the fifth generation in a storied lineage working the same vines on the hill (yes, the very same, they are over 100 years old). His two principal cuvées are red Hermitages in two different blends: Gréffieux/Bessards and Bessards/Méal. Occasionally, despite his predilection, he’ll bottle a barrel of pure Méal. He also produces a miniscule quantity of Hermitage Blanc, an absolutely mesmerizing example from the lower slopes of Bessards that is wiry, stony, and coiled for many years of unfurling. Bernard’s wine has renewed a deep sense of understanding for us about what Hermitage really is, and what makes it special.
- Item #: i_352117Bottle Size: 750mlImporter's notes: "Vineyard Location: The vineyards for Circa are located in Mauves on granitic slopes. This white St Joseph differs from the white Hermitage in that the soil of white Hermitage (clay and limestone) gives softness and suppleness to the wine whereas the granite soil expresses a wonderful minerality which perfectly accompanies food and gives an additional sense of vivacity. Vinification: Fermentation 100% in barrel. Aged in barriques for 14 months."
- Item #: i_353321Bottle Size: 750mlJohn Livingstone-Learmonth: "(67% Marsanne, 33% Roussanne (mid-1990s-early 2010s), purchased harvest from loess soils at Larnage, vineyards worked organically, used 228-litre oak cask fermented, raised 12 months, malo completed, 8,000 b). pale yellow; the nose shows reduction, a peach-floral aroma, a touch of aniseed, “high” fruit, needs air. The palate is stylish, gentle, serves white fruits with fine tuning, holds cosy, easy late gras, little bits of Marsanne grip, closing nicely, trimly."
- Item #: i_351752Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 93 PointsWINE ENTHUSIAST 93 POINTS - "While this dry wine's crisp apple, white grapefruit and pear notes are understated on the nose and palate, its opulent, creamy mouthfeel is the showcase. Full bodied and honeyed yet not heavy, it shows hints of cashew, earth and saline complexities in development. Although drinking elegantly now, it should be even better from 2026."
- Item #: i_352778Bottle Size: 750mlClos Saint Jean Chateauneuf du Pape Blanc is produced from equal parts Grenache Blanc, Roussanne and Clairette. The wine is aged in a combination of new, French oak barrels and vats. The production is quite small with than less than 350 cases made per year.
JEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS - " Review: "The whites here continue to improve. The 2018 Châteauneuf Du Pape Blanc offers a rocking bouquet of key lime pie, tangerine, and ripe peach that gives way to a powerful, opulent, medium to full-bodied white that has tons of flesh and texture, beautiful balance, and a great finish. This is a white for the dinner table."
- Item #: i_353143Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2018 Domaine de Terrebrune Bandol Blanc opens with subtle aromas of white flowers and exotic fruits. Fresh and tender palate. Minerality coated with a beautiful material. Long and persistent finish. This wine marries well with fish in various preparations and cheeses such as Beaufort, Comté, and Goat.
- Item #: i_351257Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93-95`ROBERT PARKER 93-95 POINTS: "VT's 2017 Chateauneuf du Pape Blanc is a blend of 45% Clairette, 30% Grenache Blanc, 15% Roussanne and 10% Bourboulenc, fermented in a mix of foudres, demi-muids and barriques. It's medium to full-bodied but tight, with crisp lime, lemon and pear notes carried on a silky-textured palate. You could drink this on release and enjoy it for its focus and delineation, or you could give the inner richness the time it needs (2-3 years) to emerge and soften the subtle citrus zest notes on the finish."
- Item #: i_353126Bottle Size: 750mlFreshly picked white flowers, citrus, pear, tropical fruits, hints of acacia honey and apricot. This wine is perfect for an aperitif with freshly sucked oysters, pan seared scallops, fresh fish dishes, rabbit or chicken casseroles.
- Item #: i_353296Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS - "Villard's 2017 Saint Peray Version is simultaneously rich and opulent yet bright and refreshing. This medium to full-bodied blend of 65% Marsanne and 35% Roussanne was barrel fermented and aged in older barrels, giving it plenty of weight and a silky texture, but the flavors of anise and flamed citrus zest keep the wine fresh, lingering elegantly on the finish."
- Item #: i_353281Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 90 PointsGuigal is a reference point estate for the Northern Rhone Valley whose name is synonymous with quality. This quality extends from their entry level wines all the way up to the single vineyard Cote Rotie's.
The value priced Cotes du Rhone Rouge and Blanc are amongst our best selling wines as they consistently over-deliver.
Guigal is also renowned for their white wines from Condrieu, Hermitage and Chateauneuf du Pape, yet probably the most eye-opening bottling is their 'basic' Cotes du Rhone Blanc. The secret is its aromatic intensity which derives from its high percentage of Viognier, another signature grape of the Northern Rhone. This is made with more than 50% Viognier along with Roussanne, Bourboulenc and Grenache Blanc.
Noted Rhone critic, Jeb Dunnuck gave Guigal's Cotes du Rhone Blanc a 90 Point Score saying it was "Tasting like a mini Condrieu." This is high praise as the sought after, small production wines from the tiny appellation of Condrieu generally sell for $50 and up!
At the sale price of $12.99 each, it is a good time to stock up on this delicious daily drinker.
JEB DUNNUCK 90 POINTS - "The quality of this cuvee has soared over the past decade, and the 2018 Cotes du Rhone Blanc is another terrific vintage. Tasting like a mini Condrieu with its floral, orange blossom, and honeysuckle aromas and flavors, it's medium-bodied, fresh, and lively on the palate, with an attractive mix of richness and freshness. Drink it over the coming year or two."
- Item #: i_352105Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95Wine Spectator: 98James Suckling: 97WINE SPECTATOR 98 POINTS - "Honeysuckle, verbena and chamomile aromas stream out first, followed by a remarkably creamy core of yellow apple, white peach, heather honey and warm mirabelle plum notes. Hazelnut oil and brioche line the finish, adding considerable length. Despite all the lushness and depth, this manages to maintain a sense of tension and precision as well. Amazing wine."
- Item #: i_352119Bottle Size: 750mlJEB DUNNUCK 100 POINTS
VINOUS 99 POINTS
WINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS
WINE SPECTATOR 97 POINTS
Ripe and mouthfilling, with a warm butter hint weaving around creamed pear, yellow apple and Cavaillon melon flavors. Toasted brioche and macadamia nut notes let the finish sail through, showing a very alluring feel. Hefty, but pulls it off due to a fine, buried bitter almond thread. A stunning wine. Drink now through 2035.
- Item #: i_322445Bottle Size: 750MLROBERT PARKER 93 POINTS: "The 2010 Hermitage La Chapelle Blanc is 100% Marsanne from the vineyard known as Maison Blanche situated at the top of the Hermitage appellation, above the famed lieu-dit for white Hermitage, Les Rocoules. This cuvee is very limited in availability so I’ll keep my notes brief. Aromas of white currants, pepper, quince and apricot marmalade are present in this full-bodied, gorgeously rich, pure, stunning white. Completely locked down at present, it should be forgotten for 8-10 years and drunk over the following two decades. It will unquestionably be a very long-lived white wine."
- Item #: i_352382Bottle Size: 750mlChâteau de Saint Cosme is the leading estate of Gigondas and produces the benchmark wines of the appellation. The property has been in the hands of the Barruol family since 1570. Louis Barruol took over from his father in 1992 making a dramatic shift to quality and converting to biodynamics in 2010. Clairette is an old variety that likely originated in southern France often used to produce simple and crisp dry white wines or as a component in a blend such as Châteauneuf-du-Pape blanc. White wines from Clairette have a tradition at Saint Cosme, specifically at Le Poste, where Louis Barroul’s grandfather produced famously long-lived Le Poste Blanc. Limestone soils give Le Poste Blanc a flavor of gunflint and the ability to age for twenty years or more.
- Item #: i_353219Bottle Size: 750mlMostly Grenache Blanc, along with a touch of Roussanne, Marsanne, Bourboulenc, Clairette and Viognier.
The Saouma’s purchased a desolate plot of land in Orange in 2011. A minimal intervention approach combined with the image of the original barren land inspired the name of the wine, INOPIA, which translates to “made from nothing” in Latin.
After a hard pressing of whole cluster grapes into 500 liter barrels and 1,600 liter cement eggs, fermentation takes place, and the wine remains undisturbed for 18 months – no pumping over, no punchng down, no fining, no filtration.