- Item #: i_345175Bottle Size: 750MLeROBERT PARKER 91-93 POINTS: "Looking at the 2013 Châteauneuf du Pape, which is still aging in foudre, Paul-Vincent normally does four separate blends and keeps them in separate foudre (one with more Mourvedre, one with more Syrah, etc.) before blending everything together prior to bottling. However, due to the miniscule crop in 2013, he was only able to do a single blend. Nevertheless, I was able to taste it from multiple foudres (and unsurprisingly, each showed dramatically different), with most rating in the low to mid-90s. From excruciatingly low yields and hitting 14.8% alcohol, it’s clearly an outstanding wine and has pretty, complex aromatics, excellent concentration, medium to full-bodied richness and lively acidity. There’s a slight Burgundian feel here, and I suspect it will be reasonably approachable in its youth, with 10-12 years of overall longevity."
- Item #: i_324102Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92-94eROBERT PARKER 92-94 POINTS - "Similar to the classic cuvée, only richer, the 2013 Chateauneuf du Papes Les Petits Pieds d’Armand (100% Grenache from the sandy parts of La Crau) knocks it out of the park with its Bing cherry, kirsch, red licorice and floral aromas and flavors. It’s medium to full-bodied, voluptuous and textured, all while staying nicely focused and elegant. There’s enough sweet tannin here to allow it to evolve gracefully, but the overall feel is one of upfront fruit and texture."
- Item #: i_333504Bottle Size: 750MLThis offering from Bertrand is a Banyuls; a Port-like dessert wine mainly made from the Grenache grape variety. The wine is partially fermented, and then cut off by the addition of grape brandy. This makes a sweet, raisiny, high-alcohol wine that I find to be just gorgeous. There's a salty savoriness on the nose above aromas of maraschino cherries in a thick cherry sauce, chocolate syrup, and caramel. Then it finishes with some heat from the alcohol and flavors of raisins, pecans, and caramel.
- Item #: i_352180Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "The 2013 Châteauneuf du Pape Cuvee Prestige offers a bigger, sweeter, and richer core of fruit to go with medium to full-bodied depth and concentration on the palate. Peppery, Provençal and garrigue-laced, this beautiful 2013 has terrific tannin quality and a great finish. It can be enjoyed anytime over the coming decade."
- Item #: i_333812Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93Wine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS: "Features a dense core of steeped plum, blackberry and black currant flavors, supported by ganache, singed bay leaf and licorice root notes. Exhibits muscular grip on the finish, showing more than enough fruit for balance. Displays impressive depth and character for the vintage. Best from 2017 through 2025. 430 cases made." –JM
eROBERT PARKER 93 POINTS: "A big, rich, medium to full-bodied effort, the 2013 Gigondas Cuvee Valbelle is 90% Grenache and 10% Syrah that saw the same vinification and elevage as the three single vineyard releases. It offers classic notes of graphite, black currants, toasted spice and lavender, to go with a superb mid-palate, beautiful fruit intensity and a great finish. While slightly more approachable than the single vineyard releases it still will be better with short term cellaring and drink nicely through 2025."