- Item #: i_349955Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92-94Wine Spectator: 96WINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS: "This is tightly coiled, with intense raspberry and cherry reduction notes waiting to unwind, but held in check for now by myriad licorice, iron, rooibos tea and singed alder details. Shows terrific cut and tension through the finish, revealing a blaze of minerality. Just needs some time to harmonize fully."
- Item #: i_349977Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 97WINE SPECTATOR 97 POINTS - "This delivers a lush, enticing blast of cassis and raspberry and boysenberry preserve flavors, carried by a silky structure that lets the fruit play out at length, giving adequate time for black tea, singed apple wood, dried anise and fruitcake notes to fill in throughout. Dreamy. Grenache. Best from 2020 through 2040."
- Item #: i_350493Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 92Wine Spectator: 94WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS: "This is intense, with fig, blackberry and plum compote flavors rolling over one another, while worn leather, Turkish coffee and well-roasted mesquite notes form a ring around them. Overall this is rich and dense, yet there’s definition throughout. Only needs time to knit fully before delivering its peak experience. Grenache, Syrah and Mourvèdre. Best from 2020 through 2035."
- Item #: i_333812Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93Wine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS: "Features a dense core of steeped plum, blackberry and black currant flavors, supported by ganache, singed bay leaf and licorice root notes. Exhibits muscular grip on the finish, showing more than enough fruit for balance. Displays impressive depth and character for the vintage. Best from 2017 through 2025. 430 cases made." –JM
eROBERT PARKER 93 POINTS: "A big, rich, medium to full-bodied effort, the 2013 Gigondas Cuvee Valbelle is 90% Grenache and 10% Syrah that saw the same vinification and elevage as the three single vineyard releases. It offers classic notes of graphite, black currants, toasted spice and lavender, to go with a superb mid-palate, beautiful fruit intensity and a great finish. While slightly more approachable than the single vineyard releases it still will be better with short term cellaring and drink nicely through 2025."
- Item #: i_350465Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94-96Wine Spectator: 96WINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS: "This is packed with rich, succulent flavors of fig, boysenberry and blackberry compote, layered with anise, ganache and toasted apple wood notes. The strong, grippy spine is well-embedded through the lengthy finish, while the fruit easily keeps pace. Best from 2019 through 2035. 475 cases made."
WINE ADVOCATE 94-96 POINTS: "Incorporating 10% Syrah, the Grenache-dominated 2015 Gigondas Cuvee Valbelle is another heavenly wine from Louis Barruol. Full-bodied, seamless and elegant, with lots of crème de cassis, crushed flowers, incense and white pepper, it has a touch less mid-palate depth than the single vineyards, but is impeccably balanced and will have two decades of longevity."
- Item #: i_350309Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 93 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 93 POINTS "All the 2017s from this estate are brilliant wines, and the 2017 Châteauneuf Du Pape should be purchased by the case. It offers a ripe, sexy style as well as complex notes of ripe red and black currants, graphite, melted licorice, and incense. With ripe tannins and a layered, elegant texture, it’s a terrific example of the style of the vintage and will keep for 10-15 years."