- Item #: i_349978Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96Jeb Dunnuck: 95 PointsWINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS: This has an intense core of crushed plum, raspberry and boysenberry fruit flavors, draped with melted licorice notes and backed by a wave of warm fruitcake. Hedonistic for sure, but accents of anise, violet and singed apple wood dart around, adding extra facets of intrigue to hold your attention. Grenache and Mourvèdre.
JEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS: The 2015 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Renaissance is a gem and as always is a 60/40 split of Grenache and Mourvèdre brought up in demi-muids and smaller barrels (one-third new). Blackcurrants, blackberries, wine marinade, licorice, and pepper all emerge from this opulent, incredibly sexy beauty that has full-bodied richness, sweet tannin and more mid-palate depth and richness than most. It’s going to need 3-4 years of cellaring to hit its stride and last for 15+. (10/2017)
- Item #: i_350882Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Wine Spectator: 95Jeb Dunnuck: 97 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "From a cooler terroir of sandy soils just beside the domaine, the 2016 Gigondas Le Lieu Dit is another tour de force from this brilliant estate. It sports a medium ruby color as well as a rocking bouquet of kirsch, blackberry liqueur, rose petals, damp earth, incense, and spice. Ultra-fine, seamless, elegant, and pure, it's nevertheless powerful and rich, with awesome intensity. Readers need to snatch up this blockbuster."
- Item #: i_351163Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95ROBERT PARKER 95 POINTS: "The 2015 Chateauneuf du Pape Les Saintes Vierges is the most flattering of Santa Duc's current releases, offering lushness and generosity on the palate, notes of cherries and licorice, creamy-supple tannins and a mouthwatering finish. It's a blend of Grenache, Mourvèdre and Counoise.Domaine Santa Duc Les Saintes Vierges is made from a blend of 90% Grenache, 9% Mourvedre and 1% Counoise."
- Item #: i_350878Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96ROBERT PARKER 96 POINTS: "The 2009 Chateauneuf du Pape Cuvee du Quet (80% tank-aged Grenache and 20% small barrel-aged Mourvedre from 60-year-old vines) is spectacular. Its dense purple color is accompanied by an exquisite bouquet of boysenberries, mulberries, blueberries and other wild mountain blue and black fruits. Possessing great intensity, a full-bodied mouthfeel and superb purity, it is a singular expression of old vine Grenache blended with Mourvedre. The finish lasts for 50+ seconds, and the wine has a skyscraper-like texture as well as a multidimensional set of aromatics and flavors. This brilliant offering is more evolved and forward than either the 2007 or 2010."
- Item #: i_350726Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 98WINE ADVOCATE 100 POINTS - "A wine that might surpass the 2009 and 2010 is the 2015 Hermitage La Chapelle, which has more than a passing resemblance to the 1990. This inky black/blue-colored Hermitage offers an off-the-charts array of blackberries, blueberries, crushed rocks, wood smoke and charred meats. Thick, unctuous, full-bodied and incredibly layered, with sweet tannin, it's a tour de force that’s going to have three to four decades of longevity."
- Item #: i_350465Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94-96Wine Spectator: 96WINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS: "This is packed with rich, succulent flavors of fig, boysenberry and blackberry compote, layered with anise, ganache and toasted apple wood notes. The strong, grippy spine is well-embedded through the lengthy finish, while the fruit easily keeps pace. Best from 2019 through 2035. 475 cases made."
WINE ADVOCATE 94-96 POINTS: "Incorporating 10% Syrah, the Grenache-dominated 2015 Gigondas Cuvee Valbelle is another heavenly wine from Louis Barruol. Full-bodied, seamless and elegant, with lots of crème de cassis, crushed flowers, incense and white pepper, it has a touch less mid-palate depth than the single vineyards, but is impeccably balanced and will have two decades of longevity."