- Item #: i_350860Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 96Jeb Dunnuck: 97 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 97 POINTS - "A similar blend, the 2017 Châteauneuf Du Pape Boisrenard checks in as 66% Grenache, 12% each of Syrah and Mourvèdre, and the balance a mix of permitted varieties, that saw 10% new oak. It has a thrilling bouquet of black cherries, cassis, bouquet garni, scorched earth, and graphite. Tasting like a Grand Cru Burgundy with its tension, purity, and elegance, it has building tannins, terrific concentration, and a great finish. Still tight, backward and reserved, hide bottles for 4-5 years if you can. It's going to be long-lived."
WINE ADVOCATE 96 POINTS - "Mostly (66%) Grenache, with smaller amounts of Mourvèdre and Syrah (12% each), and tiny amounts of the other permitted varieties, the 2017 Chateauneuf du Pape Cuvee Boisrenard is inky in color, with aromas that hint at toasted coconut, black cherries and chocolate. It's a rich, decadent, full-bodied sexpot of a CdP that possess admirable concentration, a wonderfully creamy-silky texture and a long, long finish."
- Item #: i_350340Bottle Size: 750mlWines from Le Clos du Caillou are Rhône blends at their most intense. Concentrated and richly textured, these organically raised, older-vine wines capture the spice and silk of old-vine Grenache grown on the region’s finest terroirs. Each wine too reflects the native perfumes of the south, the “garrigue” blend of thyme, rosemary and lavender that grows wild among the estate’s vines. Of all the terroir in the Côtes du Rhône appellation, the “clos” of Caillou has to be one of the most exceptional. Completely surrounded by Châteauneuf-du-Pape vineyards, this walled parcel of land was intentionally left out of the appellation by the owner, following a bureaucratic spat back in 1936. What this means today is that Caillou’s Côtes du Rhône wines are the qualitatively the same, with regard to terroir and exposition, as top Châteauneuf wines.
- Item #: i_349978Bottle Size: 750mlJEB DUNNUCK 95 POINTS - " Renaissance from Cristia is a beauty! A normal blend of 60% Grenache and 40% Mourvèdre that comes from old vines planted in sandy soils, it reveals a medium ruby/purple color as well as a pure, elegant bouquet of crème de cassis, jammy blackberries, candied violets, incense, and spiced meats. This ripe, powerful, concentrated, and full-bodied, Châteauneuf du Pape has awesome purity, silky tannins, and one hell of a great finish. So of the oak that was present when I tasted this from barrel has integrated nicely and this beauty can be drunk anytime over the coming 15 years."
- Item #: i_351741Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 96 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 94-96 POINTS - "Incorporating 30% stems and brought up in foudre and demi-muid, the 2018 Châteauneuf Du Pape Cuvée Chaupin is just a gorgeous wine that offers a perfumed bouquet of kirsch, blueberries, spring flowers, graphite, and crushed rocks. It's elegant and medium to full-bodied, with the purity of the vintage and a great finish. It’s not going to match the top vintages of this cuvée, but it’s going to drink spectacularly well in its youth and evolve nicely for 10-15 years."
WINE ADVOCATE 95-97 POINTS - "Tasted from a single foudre representing the La Crau Est lieu-dit, the 2016 Chateauneuf du Pape Cuvee Chaupin comes across as even richer and creamier than the 2015, yet with brighter acids and similar spice. Red fruit lingers, morphing toward chocolate as the finish goes on and on. Christophe Sabon describes the 2015s as well balanced and says, "They're not as intense as '16 or '10, but very interesting." He says he's aiming to achieve balance between power, elegance and ripe tannins. For me, the 2015s fit these criteria well at this estate. He adds, "To keep Grenache alone, you must be on sandy soils." Those, of course, are the basis for the family's Cuvée Chaupin and their new Châteauneuf-du-Pape from Clos Saint Antontin."
WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS - "Delightful plum, raspberry and blackberry compote flavors form the core, with racy, graphite-edged structure running underneath. Dark anise and tobacco notes check in throughout. The long finish lets the fruit linger."
- Item #: i_351137Bottle Size: 750mlJeb Dunnuck: 95 PointsJEB DUNNUCK 93-95 POINTS - "A beautiful wine in the vintage, the 2018 Châteauneuf Du Pape reveals a deep ruby/purple color as well as stunning notes of blackcurrants, crushed violets, ground pepper, and cured meats. Rich, medium to full-bodied, and beautifully textured, it has ripe, present tannins and a great finish. It doesn't have the sheer richness found in a top vintage, yet it's complex, classic, layered, and long. In short, it's a beautiful wine that makes the most of this vintage."
- Item #: i_345478Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93-95Vinous Media: 93James Suckling: 93Jeb Dunnuck: 94 PointsWINE ADVOCATE 93-95 POINTS - "Although the fruit sourcing has changed from the old days, the 2018 Crozes Hermitage Domaine de Thalabert remains a solid offering in the Jaboulet lineup. Violets accent blackberries and plums on the nose, while the palate is full-bodied, lush and velvety, underscored by doses of salinity and licorice on the lengthy finish."
JEB DUNNUCK 92-94 POINTS - "The 2018 Crozes-Hermitage Domaine de Thalabert comes from deeper, pebbly soils and is a full-bodied, opulent wine. Notes of blackcurrants, tobacco leaf, ground pepper, and melted licorice all flow to a full-bodied wine that has tons of baby fat as well as sound underlying structure.
JAMES SUCKLING 93 POINTS - "The ripeness and opulence here is already impressive with tile, brick, ripe-plum and clove character on both the nose and palate. It’s full-bodied with lots of fruit, but a line of fine tannins runs through the center palate."
VINOUS 93 POINTS - "Saturated ruby. Pungent, spice-accented cassis, cherry, licorice and floral qualities on the powerfully scented nose. In an ample, weighty style, offering an array of black/blue fruit flavors that pick up a hint of smokiness on the back half. Finishes impressively long and chewy, with mounting tannins and a strong echo of dark fruit preserves."
- Item #: i_351747Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94Vinous Media: 93-94Jeb Dunnuck: 94 PointsVINOUS 93-94 POINTS - " Aromas of ripe, spice-tinged dark berries and pungent flowers are sharpened by sneaky mineral and spice flourishes. Spicy and focused on the palate, offering juicy blackberry, cherry and violet pastille flavors that are complicated by salty olive and cracked pepper nuances. Fleshes out with air while maintaining liveliness and finishes bright, spicy and quite long, displaying sharp clarity, even tannins and lingering florality."
- Item #: i_351746Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 99+Wine Spectator: 96Jeb Dunnuck: 97 PointsWINE ADVOCATE 96-98 POINTS - "For the 2018 Cote Rotie la Landonne, Pierre Rostaing put together a blend from two barrels. Wow. Toast and mocha notes frame raspberries and blueberries in this medium to full-bodied offering. It's simultaneously rich, silky and concentrated. Packed with flavor and depth, it looks as if it will be approachable within a couple of years yet be capable of evolving for a couple of decades."
JEB DUNNUCK 96-98 POINTS - "The 2018 Côte Rôtie La Landonne offers the classic meaty, mineral, and masculine style that’s the hallmark of this terroir. It’s powerful and full-bodied, with massive minerality as well as notes of bloody meat, ground pepper, and graphite. It’s another serious, concentrated, powerful 2018 that’s going to demand bottle age."