- Item #: i_352282Bottle Size: 750mlThe legendary Didier Dagueneau changed the perception of Pouilly Fume. After his death in a plane crash in 2008, his son Louis Benjamin took the reins, and his years of working with his father led to a seamless transition. The Silex is among the greatest expression of Sauvignon Blanc in the world. The wine undergoes whole cluster fermentation, with varieties of native yeasts. Fermentation occurs in small stainless steel and oak barrels. After initial racking, the wine stays on the lees until bottling. There is no malolactic fermentation.
- Item #: i_352067Bottle Size: 750mlWine Enthusiast: 92WINE ENTHUSIAST 92 POINTS - "Produced from biodynamically grown grapes, this wine is impressively ripe. Richness comes from the intense white fruits and the citrus streak that goes right through. Hints of more tropical flavors lead to a pure, fruity aftertaste."
- Item #: i_352940Bottle Size: 750mlIn only a few years, Domaine Guiberteau has become one of the most sought after domaines in Saumur, their wines already stringently allocated and found in the best restaurants in France.
AB organic certification
Organic (since 2003) Vinification: 100% de-stemmed, indigenous yeasts, no new oak except Arboises (80% new) and Brézé (40%), no fining, filtration if needed.
- Item #: i_333763Bottle Size: 750MLDomaine LEDUC-FROUIN was founded in 1873 and is now managed by Antoine Leduc, 4th generation Winemaker. Antoine was always destined to work in his 30 hectares family estate and he returned there in 1993 after doing his Oenology studies in Bourgogne and Bordeaux. Combining tradition and modernity, Antoine makes every effort to produce typical, local and subtile wines. .e diversity of the soils (falun, shale, clay) allows him to perform single vineyard winemaking like La Seigneurie".
With its brilliant garnet color, this wine has blackcurrant, blueberry, tobacco and spicy scents. Velvety and rich but well-rounded with soft tannins.
- Item #: i_353908Bottle Size: 750mlAromas of white fruit, peach then pear and pebble (terroir). Beautiful tension and expression of the calcareous terroir, mineral with aromas of white fruit. Nice balance between tension and roundness.
Organic fertilizers have been used since 1989
- Item #: i_353249Bottle Size: 750ml100% Melon de Bourgogne Old vines of more than 45 years old
Pierre-Marie Luneau heads this 50-hectare estate in Le Landreau, a village in the heart of Muscadet country, where small hamlets dot a landscape of vineyards on low hills. Their estate, also known as Domaine Pierre de la Grange, has been in existence since the early 18th century when it was already planted with Melon de Bourgogne, the Muscadet appellation's single varietal. After taking over from his father Pierre in 2011, Pierre-Marie became the ninth generation to make wine in the area.
- Item #: i_352904Bottle Size: 750mlThis small estate in Montreuil-Bellay (15 km south of Saumur) has been farmed according to bio-dynamic principles since 1962. In fact, Matthieu's father, François, was a leading French consultant in bio-dynamics along with the likes of Joly, Leflaive, and Chapoutier, and wrote the how-to book on using its principles in the vineyard. Matthieu and Sylvanie Bouchet took over the family winery located at the place called La Salle in 1990. Matthieu and Sylvanie chose to follow in their father’s footsteps. They still farm according to the strictest principles of Bio-dynamics which involve, among other things, the complete absence of chemical fertilizers, pesticides, or additives of any kind. *Biodynamic, Natural Wine*
- Item #: i_353639Bottle Size: 750mlORGANICALLY FARMED
Mosse Cabernet Franc comes from 40 year-old vines on schistes soils with clay and gravel. The soils bring a unique mineral character to the Cabernet Franc and the wine is bone dry with zero residual sugar. Not a fruit bomb, but quite elegant and long with earthy red currant and black raspberry fruit.
- Item #: i_351513Bottle Size: 750mlThe vineyard was planted in 1130 by Cistercian monks and today consists of vines aged from 35 to 80 years old. The old small monastery still exists and a few hundred meters away, the castle of La Roche aux Moines was built and dismantled during the wars of religion. Always considered as a rare and unique product, the Serrant Casting was celebrated by Louis XI and Louis XIV as one of the best French white wines. The vineyard is cultivated partly by hand and partly by horse because of the steep slopes overlooking the Loire. Since 1984, the entire estate has been cultivated using biodynamic farming methods. Three wines are produced in small quantities on the property and benefit from the principles of biodynamic.
- Item #: i_351303Bottle Size: 750mlIf Chene Marchand is all about power and stature, Petit Chemarin represents the silky and supremely elegant end of the Pinard’s single vineyard spectrum. Wonderfully fine and with precise aromas of lime, Sicilian lemon, salt, chalk and honeysuckle, the palate is liquid silk, utterly seamless from start to finish, a wine of great elegance and sustained refinement. Gorgeous.
- Item #: i_351302Bottle Size: 750mlVincent Pinard is one of the most dedicated producers of the Loire valley and, with 15 hectares based in Bué, has vines in some of the best sites around Sancerre. The excessively low yields, hand harvesting and modern winery, complete with temperature controlled vats, result in enticing, aromatic and intense wines. Although not certified organic, they do not use any pesticides in the vineyard.