- Item #: i_352153Bottle Size: 750mlWinemaker Notes - The blend is grenache 48%, syrah 19%, cinsault 15%, cabernet sauvignon 12% and rolle 6%. The wine naturally is a beautiful balance between red fruit and acid structure, without either element overpowering the other. Savory and citrus notes are framed by a mineral core.
- Item #: i_323130Bottle Size: 750ml"Definitely in the salmon-colored field, Breezette's nose was loaded with all kinds of peach nuances which carried over to the palate. Peaches! Lovely, lovely peaches. Add to that a dash of fruit cocktail syrup, light mineral touches and a dash of sea salt, all brightened by cleansing acidity, and you have a winner, indeed!"
WINERY NOTES - "Breezette's style is renowned for its delicate, dry and vivacious intricacies. While this elegant rose emanates a salmon light pink tone with a blush of sunset, it exquisitely releases fragrances of tropical peach, apricot, spiced notes and sensations of white flowers. On the palate, crisp acidity is complimented by exotic fresh fruits that continually provide seductive pleasures in all settings. Breezette pairs perfectly with all Mediterranean cuisine as well as Asian dishes."
- Item #: i_352251Bottle Size: 750mlTouraine rosé made from cab franc. Sea salt nose with hints of grapefruit. Medium light tannins and acidity. Fresh, bright, crisp.
- Item #: i_352137Bottle Size: 750mlSyrah 30%, Cabernet Sauvignon 30%, Grenache 25%, Cinsault 15%
Philosophy : Sustainable viticulture based on observation, prevention and attention on the nature balance.
Red fruits and white flowers aromas blossom on the first nose. A gourmet citrus juice carries through on the palate in a fresh and lively impulse. An elegant and exquisite final delights the taste-buds.
This Château du Seuil rosé can be enjoyed on its own as an aperitif or as a match for grilled meats and Mediterranean dishes.
- Item #: i_333574Bottle Size: 750MLCharles Joguet left his life as an artist and sculptor to take over his family’s domain in 1957. Until then, all the grapes were sold to negociants; Charles ended this practice, and dedicated himself to producing single vineyard bottlings from what he knew would be considered premier cru and grand cru vineyards in other regions. He made a name for himself and became one of the most highly regarded producers in the region. Today Kevin Fontaine is the producer, closely following Charles’ path and philosophies. He still vinifies plots separately, and farming is organic. This rosé is 100% Cabernet Franc from roughly 30 year-old vines planted on sandy soil. It’s fermented in stainless steel and does not undergo malolactic fermentation, in order to retain the freshness of the fruit. It just came in, and we haven’t even tasted it yet, so we’ll open it up together and see what it’s got!
- Item #: i_345566Bottle Size: 750MLChâteau Crémade could be the quintessential Provençal estate. Beautifully nestled between the capital of Provence, Aix-en-Provence, and the formidable limestone mountain, Sainte-Victoire, this estate feels like a walk back in time. The vineyards feel more like a large garden that happens to grow 22 acres of vines with more than 25 varieties, most of which have nearly been forgotten. Sophie Moquet, a trained enologist and agronomist, has recently taken the reigns of viticulture and winemaking and the estate has been quietly putting out beautiful wines in the shadow of the region’s most famous and extraordinary estate, Château Simone. We always love to watch the renaissance of an old estate and we are certain that one is brewing at the Château Crémade.
Beautiful Rose, very elegant and aromatic with lots of minerality and fruit.
- Item #: i_352237Bottle Size: 750mlStraight from the sun-drenched shores of the Mediterranean. Soft, light pink color that looks like rosy cheeks after a first kiss. Beautiful floral and berry aromas awaken your senses. Freshly picked summer peaches and strawberry cream dance around your palate. This is the wine that patio and poolside sipping were made for! -Winery Notes
- Item #: i_311289Bottle Size: 750ML40% Grenache, 30% Syrah, 30% Cinsault.
Situated in Minervois, one of the oldest wine-producing areas in the Languedoc, Château du Donjon has been in the Panis family for 500 years. Jean Panis took the reins from his father, Guy, in 1996 and has taken the estate to new heights, with the historic 1998 vintage marking the beginning of a golden era that continues to this day.
Refreshing aromas include ripe strawberries, red cherries and red plums. Less spicy and herbal but very pure intense ripe red fruit flavors. Fully dry but ripe and soft, inviting and mouth-filling. This has enough weight to match with chicken, sausage or ham, but it would also with fresh fruits or fruit desserts.
- Item #: i_345529Bottle Size: 750ML“Esprit Gassier” is the “Gassier Spirit” that combines the exceptional terroir of the Sainte-Victoire region with Côtes de Provence varietals to produce a wine that expresses the family’s passion, expertise and creativity. The beautiful label, designed by a local artist, is silk-screened on the bottle to create a striking package.
A very clear rosé with shades of peach; floral nose with white and yellow fruit notes (peach, apricot, pear); in the mouth, round and delicate with notes of white peach, mandarin and grapefruit.
- Item #: i_351129Bottle Size: 750mlThis rosé is quintessential of the local style. Pale honeysuckle pink, and offering a clean nose of citrus fruit, offset by subtle floral and candied notes. Fresh acidity makes for an incisive and lively palate, with a rounded feel. Partner with the delicate flavours of fresh shellfish, or with a mozzarella and sun-ripened tomato salad.
- Item #: i_345016Bottle Size: 750MLThe magnificent 17th century Chateau de Pampelonne borders the famous French Riviera beach of the same name in the commune of Ramatuelle, near Saint Tropez. The estate has been in the Gasquet-Pascaud family since 1840, when it was purchased by Gasquet ancestor Andre Folco, treasurer for Napoleon III. The current proprietor of this beautiful 400 acre domaine is Edgar Pascaud, and his daughter Marie directs Pampelonne's winemaking.
Young Marie Pascaud earned a degree in Enology from the University of Montpellier and stayed on to complete a specialized Master's degree in business. Since leaving the world of academia, Marie has worked two harvests a year, bouncing back and forth between France and the southern hemisphere. In addition to her duties as winemaker for Pampelonne, she has spent six-month stints at top estates in Chile, New Zealand, Australia and South Africa.
Chateau de Pampelonne produces an excellent red wine and a modest amount of white wine, but it is the Côtes de Provence Rose for which the estate is best known. In addition to the classic rose cepages of Grenache, Cinsault and Syrah, Pampelonne also uses Tibouren in the blend. This ancient Greek variety, now unique to this area of France, is valued for the aromatic intensity it lends to some of Provence's finest roses.
- Item #: i_306007Bottle Size: 750ML"This is the elite cuvee of the estate relying as it does on grapes harvested from the oldest vines of the domaine (35 years and older). Principally composed of Cinsault, Grenache and Syrah, the "Chateau" bottling also sees the addition, from time-to-time of Tibouren, the ancient and regal Provencale grape. This Rose is produced via the "direct press" method and has a long cuvaison designed to produce a wine of character and concentration. Vinified in stainless steel and bottled in late winter - early spring, production is quite limited." MADROSE.COM
- Item #: i_345005Bottle Size: 750ML"The Château Simone Rosé is a wine that belies the notion that rosés are simple wines to be drunk up young. We have indulged ourselves with 10-year old Château Simone Rosé and have marveled at the tenacity, vibrancy and complexity of this very serious wine. The blend is identical to the rouge: 45% Grenache, 30% Mourvèdre, 5% Cinsault, 20% Syrah, Castet, Manosquin, Carignan, Muscat Noir & Blanc. Aged in barrel, it is powerful and age-worthy with a steely character and a grey-tinted aura to the faded rose-petal robe. We import, on average, 1500 bottles per annum for the US market." MADROSE.COM
- Item #: i_352248Bottle Size: 750mlChâteau THUERRY, wine estate in Provence, is located at the entrance of the Haut-Var-Verdons Natural Park. Château THUERRY is above all a relationship between its people and its land that has continued throughout time. This majestic bastide dating back to the Templars Knights has roots that go deep into the heart of the Var hillsides.
A blend of Cinsault and Grenache. A dry and fruity rosé, for aperitifs and moments with friends.
- Item #: i_351845Bottle Size: 750ml67% Grenache, 18% Syrah, 5% Cinsault, 5% Mourvèdre, 5% Rolle. Crystal-clear, pale rose pink. Strawberries and citrus on the nose, with hints of jasmine. Expressive with a full array of summer fruits. Fresh, full-bodied and fruity on the mid-palate, then finishing crisp, elegant and long, with a persistent silky texture. Very moreish. Only 2.7g/L of residual sugar. ORGANIC/BIODYNAMIC
- Item #: i_311350Bottle Size: 750MLPatrimonio is an appellation for white, red and rose wines from the southern end of the Cap Corse peninsula of Corsica, an island in the Mediterranean Sea between France and Italy. Sangiovese (or Nielluccio in Corsica), a dark-berried vine, is the most widely planted grape variety in Italy.
Protected by the maritime influences of the Golfe de Saint-Florent, vines cultivated on the limestone soils of Patrimonio's hillsides rarely require treatments of any kind, so Eric's practices are essentially organic (though without certification).
This rosé is composed of 100% Niellucciu and is a light salmon-pink color and exhibits a gorgeous perfume with floral and cherry nuances. Lovely fruit with a floral and citrus tinge is backed by a nice, crisp finish. It is a perfect accompaniment to just about any Mediterranean inspired fare.
- Item #: i_333563Bottle Size: 750MLDomaine de l’Abbaye, surrounded by terraces was once connected to the Abbey of Thoronet. At that time, the monks were cultivating the land that now belongs to Frank Petit. In 1990 this Cuvée was the first to be rated 3 stars by the Guide Hachette in France.
60% Syrah, 10% Cinsault 30% Grenache
Festive wine to be opened at any time of the day & special occasion... Aperitif, with seafood raw or cooked lobster, fish and meat dishes but also exotique cuisines.
- Item #: i_352264Bottle Size: 750mlAs well as the Clos Sainte Magdeleine blanc, François Sack's estate makes a spot of Cassis rosé from Provençal staples Grenache, Cinsault and Mourvèdre. This wine has delicate red-berry aromas and a savoury, dry finish and it too has a definite affinity for seafood - lobster, langoustines or a simple dressed crab would suffice. An attractive coral pink Provence rosé wine from Cassis. It has bright redcurrant aromas and a crisp, savoury palate of Summer berries and cherries. ORGANIC
- Item #: i_333500Bottle Size: 750mlBargemone is among the foremost estates of the Coteaux d’Aix appellation of Provence. A benchmark producer of the delicious, dry rosé for which Provence is famous, the Commanderie was founded by Templar knights in the13th century, and is home to a proud viticultural tradition and more than 160 acres of sustainably grown vineyards.
= Offers classic aromas of wild strawberries and red currants, with a light, floral character and a crisp, bone-dry palate.
- Item #: i_306006Bottle Size: 750MLEvery year we await the release of the Commanderie de Peyrassol Rosé. The wait is over and this dry and flavorful thirst-quenching wine is now in stock at Hi Time. This staff favorite is fresh, aromatic and crisp with vibrant intensity of flavors which give sheer pleasure. We believe so strongly in this wine that we bought every bottle we could. In fact, we are the only Orange County retailer with this wine and we are able to offer it at the lowest price in California!
The Commanderie de Peyrassol comes from the foremost appellation for French Rosé, the Côtes de Provence. The grapes are sourced from fully matured vines with an average age of 25 years. The blend is comprised of Cinsault, Syrah and Grenache with a touch of Mourvèdre. Harvested separately during the night when temperatures are coolest, the grapes are then de-stemmed and pressed. After fermentation they are aged in stainless steel vats to preserve freshness..
The wines of Peyrassol fully express the quality of the terroir and several centuries of know-how. Wine has been produced from this favored site for more than 800 years. Generations of wine growers have nurtured the vineyard and its vines which are is located at an elevation of 330 metres on the lower slopes of the Massif des Maures. The soil consists of clay and limestone which is ideal for viticulture. All this contributes to Commanderie being considered amongst the top Rosés being produced in Provence.
Highly sought after yet surprisingly affordable, this is a great Rosé to stock up on and have on hand throughout the summer. It is the perfect refreshment to open for guests or enjoy by the pool and pairs with most any food. One sip is all it takes to understand why this Rose is so popular with our staff and customers. Enjoy!
Flat-out gorgeous with classic salmon-pink coloring. The nose is expressive with aromas of rose, wild berries, raspberry and citrus. On the palate, the wine is fresh, refined and dry with refreshing acidity and a silky palate feel. Flavors of fresh strawberries, melon and citrus are enhanced with a touch of minerality on the lengthy finish. Very harmonious.
- Item #: i_351112Bottle Size: 750mlOur Best Value French Rose!
August in North American culture has traditionally been a time for summer vacations and overall heat in terms of weather. We'll see if it beats the sweltering temps we felt in July this year. One way to bolster defense against the dog days of summer is to enjoy the right wine-- and do we have the perfect pour for these heated times-- Think Pink!
We know you know about dry French roses from the South of France because we have to order more and more each year. These clean, crisp, dry rose wines have helped to change the perception of all pink wines-- these are not White Zinfandel from the 1980s! They are ideal companions to summer foods, warm nights and good company. This wine, the De Chansac 2017 Rose from the Pays d'Oc appellation in Languedoc-Roussillon, hit all the right buttons when we tasted it against a strong field of other dry roses and thirst-quenching wines in late July.
The vines used for De Chansac are located in the northern mountains of the Pyrenees and the Cevennes. The Mediterranean Sea in the south offers hot and dry summers, with various terroirs. The soil is dense which gives perfect medium-bodied fruity wines. The grapes are harvested at night when the temperature is cool, in order to prevent oxidation. The juice is directly pressed for an elegant pale color. Low temperature fermentation enhances the aromatic profile. The wine stays on its fine lees at least two months and is stirred periodically, offering a smooth texture.
Made from 100% Cinsault, De Chansac has a nose filled with soft, ripe orchard fruits. White peach and melons lead to a touch of cream, citrus, mixed tropical fruits and a hint of spice. The flavor profile reflects the nose well, leading with a lush texture layered with tropical fruits and stone fruits, peach and pear, with light acidity keeping it lively. The finish reiterates the ripe fruits, finishing with a flourish of flavor and texture. Enjoy with tapas, fish, fruits and cheeses, good friends and the warmth of the sun.
- Item #: i_344228Bottle Size: 750ML"From the prettiest village on the Mediterranean comes one of the finest of our roses. The Cassis Rose gives expression to the intense minerality that comes from the white stone cliffs that provide background to these vineyards; but there is also a gracious and silky texture that makes this most satisfying and the perfect accompaniment to grilled fish freshly caught. A blend of 40% Cinsault, 35% Grenache and 25% Mourvedre. A brilliant companion to the compelling white from this estate that also demands your attention." MADROSE.COM