- Item #: i_376417Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93The Avizoise is made from Les Robards and Voie d'Epernay, fermented in neutral 600-liter barrels and bottled with four grams of dosage.
- Item #: i_377891Bottle Size: 750MLIMPORTER'S NOTES-" Ages in barrel for 6 months and in bottle for 10 years before release • Current disgorgement: November 2016 (2005 Vintage) • Dosage 5 grams/liter • The Annonciade bottling is an hommage to an ancestor of the Bara family. In 1833, Annonciade, daughter of a winemaker from Bouzy, married Auguste François Bara, a young cooper from a neighboring village. Jules Bara, their son, constructed the first cellar at Champagne Paul Bara. This cuvée symbolizes the perfect marriage between vigneronne and cooper.
- Item #: i_352887Bottle Size: 750mlWINE ADVOCATE 97 POINTS-"Fermented in oak barrels and aged under natural corks for almost 13 years, Bollinger's 2004 R. D. Extra Brut blends 66% Pinot Noir with 34% Chardonnay from 16 crus, 88% of which are classified as Grand Cru. The wine opens with a very clear, deep, rich and aromatic but also pure and mineral-fresh nose of crushed rocks, cherries, brioche, pain aux raisin, white nougat, chalk and ripe, yellow-fleshed fruits. Highly elegant and complex on the weightless yet persistent and salty palate, this is an intense, densely woven, firmly structured yet elegant, beautifully refined and refreshing "recent disgorgement" (February 2018) that reveals just a kiss of oxidative flavors that adds even more complexity. A great Champagne on its way to improve over many years in the bottle. Tasted June 2018."-(06/2018)
- Item #: i_377332Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94James Suckling: 93WINE ADVOCATE 97+ POINTS-Bollinger's 2008 La Grande Année is superb, wafting from the glass with aromas of crisp orchard fruit, ripe lemons, honeycomb, warm biscuits, dried white flowers and a delicate top note of walnuts and fino sherry. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied, broad and vinous, with a beautifully refined mousse, superb concentration at the tightly wound core, incisive acids and a supremely elegant intermingling of Bollinger's oxidative stylistic signatures with fresh, vibrant fruit. The finish is long, precise and chalky. This is a Grande Année built for the cellar—the real excitement will come with a bit more bottle age—but this is already a thrilling Champagne in the making. Finished with eight grams per liter dosage, it was disgorged by hand in July 2018. This is also the first vintage of Grande Année to be bottled in Bollinger's new narrower-necked 1846 bottle, which should make for a slower evolving wine."
- Item #: i_379662Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94James Suckling: 93Bollinger has been the first Champagne House to achieve the certification of “Sustainable Viticulture in Champagne,” a new set of standards established by the Champagne governing body to encourage stronger viticulture practices. Bollinger in 2012 in addition was accredited with “High Environmental Value” certification in 2012.
The delicate color and golden hues are a sign of the wine’s maturity and Bollinger’s wine-making methods. A wonderful aromatic depth. The wine’s fruity, spicy and floral notes intertwine to reveal a highly complex nose; wild peach, plum and orange peel precede saffron and tonka bean, complemented by a fresh, mineral aspect. Dense and harmonious in the mouth. A creamy effervescence and fresh structure, with a gentle saline finish.
- Item #: i_377665Bottle Size: 750MLWINE ADVOCATE 95 POINTS-" Disgorged in November 2017 after 13 years on the lees, the stunning 2004 Blanc des Millénaires is a worthy successor to the 1995. Unfurling in the glass with aromas of green apple, pear, brioche and fresh pastry that are framed by a lovely smoky, autolytic top note, the wine is full-bodied, ample and concentrated, with ripe acids, superb depth at the core and a textural, vinous quality while remaining very classical in profile. The finish is long and expansive. A blend of Chardonnay from Cramant, Avize, Oger, Mesnil-sur-Oger and Vertus, it saw nine grams per liter dosage. This is a terrific blanc de blancs from Charles Heidsieck that has a long and glorious future ahead of it. (WK) (4/2019)
WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS-"A seamless Champagne, showing a texture of raw silk, this weaves vibrant acidity with an expressive range of glazed apple and poached white cherry fruit flavors, with pickled ginger and saffron spice details and rich notes of pastry cream, toast and coffee liqueur. More about finesse than power, this is long and creamy on the mineral-tinged finish. Drink now through 2028. 90 cases imported." –AN
- Item #: i_376004Bottle Size: 1.5LWine Spectator: 93JOSH RAYNOLDS 91 POINTS-"(one-third each Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier; 11 g/l dosage;...: Light, bright orange. Intensely perfumed scents of raspberry, orange zest, white flowers and chalky minerals. Juicy and precise in the mouth, offering vibrant red berry and blood orange flavors and a complicating hint of brioche. The floral quality comes back strong on the very long, incisive finish, which features a subtle anise quality and smoky minerality. About 20% of the Pinot Noir here was in the form of still red wine."
- Item #: i_378548Bottle Size: 750mlIt’s not often that one encounters a Champagne that overdelivers on the promise of terroir as this does. As we noted seven years ago when the 2002 Clos Cazals toped this list, Dauphine Cazal’s walled vineyard is a most worthy runner up to Krug’s nearby Clos du Mesnil which, of course, fetches more than a thousand dollars a bottle. Planted back in 1957, the vineyard’s walls produce a wind shield effect that creates a warmer mesoclimate that results in riper grapes with seemingly bottomless depth and distinctive Chardonnay character. The result is a Champagne that, at first glance, is decadently broad, creamy and gentle with layers of pear, nougat, nutmeg and lemon candy that recede to reveal a mouth-filling salinity and long-playing acidity. All in all, this is our favorite Clos Cazals to date and is further proof that 2008 is turning out to be the best Champagne vintage of the Century.
- Item #: i_373614Bottle Size: 750mlWINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS-"An elegant Champagne, powered by a sculpted frame of acidity and minerality, this wears the refined, lacy mousse and well-meshed flavors of black currant, lemon curd, toast and marzipan like finely tailored clothing. Fresh and lasting, with hints of spice and smoke on the finish. Disgorged August 2016. Drink now through 2033." (11/18)
- Item #: i_328805Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 96Wine Spectator: 97WINE SPECTATOR 94 POINTS -"Hints of toast and lime blossom on the nose accent the palate's apricot, lemon pastry, candied ginger and crystallized honey flavors in this rich and creamy blanc de blancs. Firm and finely balanced by a china-like frame of acidity, with the finish echoing hints of smoke, coffee liqueur and spice. Disgorged September 2017. Drink now through 2028."
- Item #: i_374685Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 93100% Pinot Noir from a single lieu-dit "Les Crayeres" planted in shallow, chalky soils in 1946. Les Crayers is situated high up in Ambonnay's warm amphitheater where ripeness is optimized. This edition is is 50/50 blend of the 2010 and 2011 vintages all of which was fermented in barrel with no malolatic. It was aged lees for 72 months and disgorged in July 2018 with dosage of just 3 grams per liter. This is one of Champagne's iconic black grape Champagne that has the ability to age for decades.
- Item #: i_326770Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92WINE SPECTATOR 92 POINTS-"This mouthwatering rosé is finely balanced and fresh, with snappy white peach and cherry fruit flavors, accented by notes of biscuit, sliced almond and aromatic ground spice that linger on the lacy finish. Drink now through 2019. 150 cases imported. (11/16)."
WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "This is a very serious wine. This intense Champagne flows up to the palate with intricate layers of small red berries, pomegranate, flowers and spices in a style that marries power to a decidedly pure, pointillistic expression of fruit. This is another wine that continues to grow in the glass in utterly captivating, seductive style. Egly-Ouriet's Rose is best enjoyed with food, preferably over several hours, which will give readers the opportunity to experience this wine in its full splendor. The Rose is 60% Pinot Noir and 40% Chardonnay with the addition of still Pinot Noir juice from Ambonnay that spent 48 months on the lees prior to being disgorged in July, 2008.Egly-Ouriet remains one of Champagne's leading cult growers. From top to bottom these wines impress with their inimitable class. A non-interventionalist approach in the vineyards and cellar, old-vine parcels in top vineyards and long lees-aging are some of the qualities that define these sublime Champagnes."
- Item #: i_377663Bottle Size: 750mlANTONIO GALLONI 94 POINTS - "Gosset's 2004 Extra Brut Celebris is a powerful, bracing wine. Pinot Noir-infused red stone fruits, dried leaves, mint, herbs and spice notes, along with the low dosage, give the wine its distinctive combination of power, breadth and raciness. The 2004 needs a bit of time for the bouquet to open up, but when they do, the wine is quite expressive. Now 12 years after the vintage, the 2004 Celebris offers a good bit of aromatic and flavor intensity, with the slightly mature notes that are typical for a wine of this age. Chamomile, honey and lightly roasted almond are some of the nuances that linger through to the creamy, expansive finish..." (12/16) Established in 1584, Gosset lays claim to be the oldest wine house in Champagne. Thanks to Jean-Pierre Mareigner, its masterful chef de cave of 32 years, the Gosset style of no malo, crystalline structure and profound longevity remains as intact as ever. This 2004 “Celebris” is another of his masterpieces that is just now hitting full stride.
- Item #: i_325786Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92Wine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Hints of yeast and bread dough announce this elegant wine, mixing with rich flavors of quince paste, toasted raisin bread, nut and candied lemon zest. Offers beautiful balance and harmony, with a long, juicy finish. Disgorged May 2010. Drink now through 2024."
WINE ADVOCATE 92 - "The 2004 Extra Brut Grand Cru Rive Gauche Rive Droite is 60% Pinot Noir from Ay and 40% Chardonnay from Chouilly and Oiry vinified in oak barrels. Today the wine is understandably tight and focused, but with time in the glass it turns richer and weightier. Warm toasty notes add further shades of nuance on the finish. The Rive Gauche Rive Droit is a bigger wine than some of the other Champagnes in this line-up, but it isn't appreciably more complex. Disgorged May 4, 2010, anticipated maturity: 2012-2022. I was very impressed by what I tasted from Hebrart this year. From top to bottom this is a fabulous set of wines."
- Item #: i_352323Bottle Size: 750mlAfter a too long hiatus, the Champagnes of Claude Giraud are once again available in California. This is great news as he crafts some of the most vinous, individualistic wines in Champagne and the house has earned an avid cult following in France. His "Code Noir" is probably our favorite bottling as it best typifies the firm's full throttle, masculine style. It's 100% Pinot Noir from the Grand Cru village of Aÿ and was vinified in new Argonne forest barrels. This Champagne impresses with the way the oak is seamlessly fused with the wine's deep-seated red fruit and mineral flavors. An exciting, grand Champagne all on its own, but one that would be out of this world when paired with a Christmas goose or other savory holiday fare.
- Item #: i_325423Bottle Size: 750MLWINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS"-Anselme Selosse's NV Blanc de Blancs Grand Cru Initial is a pure Chardonnay sourced in the lower, more clayey slopes of the villages of Avize, Cramant and Oger. This release of the cuvée represents the 2009, 2010 and 2011 vintages, and it opens with an intense, perfectly ripe, tropical-scented bouquet with chalky notes. Ripe, round and very elegant on the palate, this is an expressive, chalky and persistent Blanc de Blancs that was disgorged in December 2017 (dosage: less than 6 grams per liter)." (04/18)
- Item #: i_335606Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 95WINERY NOTES-"This bottle spent at least 7 years in Krug's cellars developing its particular expression and elegance, receiving its cork in winter 2018 - 2019. This bottle belongs to the 168ème Édition, a blend of 198 [lots] from 11 different years. The youngest is from the year 2012 and the oldest dates back to 1996. A stay of around seven years in Krug’s cellars gives this Édition its remarkable expression and elegance. Every glass poured from it is the fruit of more than 20 years of careful craftsmanship.
The 168ème Édition of Krug Grande Cuvée was composed around the harvest of 2012, a beautiful year with a low yield due to the panoply of meteorological events the region endured. Frost, rain, storms and hale all hit the vineyards of Champagne in winter and spring 2012, followed by the driest ripening season since 1974, resulting in 20% fewer grapes.
To realise the final creation, wines of the year from meticulously selected plots were blended with reserve wines from 10 other years. The careful attention given to the vines and Krug’s unique respect for the individual character of each plot enabled the breadth of expression of this Édition.
In all, reserve wines from the House’s extensive library made up 42% of the final blend, bringing the breadth and roundness so essential to each Édition of Krug Grande Cuvée. The final composition of this bottle of Krug Grande Cuvée is 52% Pinot Noir, 35% Chardonnay and 13% Meunier."