- Item #: i_375422Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90James Suckling: 92JAMES SUCKLING 92 POINTS - "The nose here is super chalky, showing dried white flowers, sweetly fragrant yeast elements, lemon rind and a little pepper - very pure. The palate has a refined core of quite dry lemon citrus flavor; crunchy, crisp and even, pure and uncluttered. Drink now."
WINE SPECTATOR 90 POINTS - "A streak of smoky mineral underscores the pretty floral, ripe apple and pastry notes of this fresh, open-knit Champagne. A hint of toasted hazelnut rides the fine bead through to the finish. Drink now through 2018."
- Item #: i_374658Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 90TERRY THEISE'S NOTES-"It's like the poster child for farmer fizz, the first white Ay. ..from a single vintage-2013 in this instance-[though]it is not a "vintage" wine. [Disgorged 07/17], it's one of the best editions of this wine, complex, animated almost to the point of brashness; mealy, jasmine and ginger, still a little angular but has a great future in store-in the 1-3 year range (not to mention the 35-40 year range), which you will infer from the long and savory finish."
- Item #: i_373500Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92Wine Spectator: 90WINE ADVOCATE 92 POINTS - "Moncuit’s non-vintage Cuvee Pierre Moncuit-Delos Blanc de Blancs Brut is typically a rich, powerful, crisp effort displaying notes of chalk dust, white peaches, subtle bees honey, brioche, and yellow plums. Medium-bodied with gorgeous as well as persistent effervescence, and a dry, fabulously pure, laser-like finish, it should be drunk over the next 3-4 years.90 Points Wine SpectatorThere's a richness to this fresh Champagne, with toast, apple pastry and crystallized honey flavors. This is enlivened by well-integrated acidity and hints of lemon zest and brine, with a minerally finish. Drink now through 2012. 150 cases imported."
JOHN GILMAN 91+ POINTS - "The new release of Pierre Moncuit’s non-vintage Grand Cru Blanc de Blancs (all from Mesnil fruit) is still a pretty young wine, but it has very good depth and plenty of nascent complexity and will really blossom nicely with a year or two in the bottle. The youthfully fine bouquet offers up scents of pear, delicious apple, incipient notes of pastry cream, chalky minerality, spring flowers and a delicate touch of lemon zest in the upper register. On the palate the wine is medium-full, bright and intensely flavored, with lovely, frothy mousse, fine focus and balance, crisp, beautifully-integrated acids, nascent complexity and fine length and grip on the elegant and still tightly-knit finish. This is not a bad drink today by any means, but it will really open up with another twelve to eighteen months of further bottle age. A fine bottle."
- Item #: i_376522Bottle Size: 750MLWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS- " Beautifully balanced and refined in texture, this displays exotic ground spice and floral accents to the flavors of poached white peach, Meyer lemon and candied ginger, with hints of pastry and honey. Offers a lasting, mouthwatering finish. Drink now through 2023. 2,917 cases imported."
- Item #: i_378109Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92Wine Spectator: 92Formerly from a parcel called Clos du Grand Pere, this blend is now a combination that includes 30% juice from Pierre Vaudon, which sist on the plain to the south of Avize. The vine age is still around fifty years. This edition is 40% 2011 and 60% 2012.
WINE ADVOCATE 93 POINTS-"“... displays a deep, intense and yeasty-complex Blanc de Blancs bouquet of ripe and dried fruits, lemons, herbs, blossoms, hazelnut, caramel and chalky flavors... this is a full-bodied, pretty rich and matured Brut. However, it is also clear, silky textured and vivacious with a firm structure and a long, complex finish. ”