- Item #: i_351015Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95BURGHOUND 95 POINTS: "An extract of black cherry nose is interwoven with notes of earth, violet, spice and plum liqueur scents. The very dense and serious yet vibrant and relatively refined big-bodied flavors brim with dry extract that serves to mostly buffer the powerful and very firm tannic spine on the once again naturally sweet, sappy and massively long finish. As is often the case with the de Vogüé Bonnes Mares, this is a 'buy and forget you own it' wine."
- Item #: i_350454Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93BURGHOUND 93 POINTS-OUTSTANDING!: "This is equally pretty and even cooler with its airy if slightly riper mix of both red and dark pinot fruit, violet, plum, exotic tea and all but invisible wood nuances. There is excellent volume and punch to the focused and quite powerful medium weight flavors that possess a caressing mouthfeel on the even more mineral-inflected finish that goes on and on. Note well however that this palate coating effort is very much built-to-age and is going to need it."
- Item #: i_334050Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 97BURGHOUND 97 POINTS: "Deep ruby color. A kaleidoscopically spicy and broad-ranging nose grudgingly reveals notes of red cherry, cassis, plum, violet, Asian-style tea, sandalwood and hoisin. The velvety and mouth coating imposingly-scaled and intense mineral-driven flavors are blessed with seemingly endless reserves of dry extract that coat the palate on the highly seductive finish that delivers fantastically good length on the youthfully austere, backward and immaculately well-balanced finale. This opulent yet very serious effort is also going to require a very long snooze in a very cool cellar but it should be a remarkable Musigny when it finally emerges. I would add that I don't know if this will be potentially one of the all-time great vintages for the de Vogüé Musigny but my guess is that it will at least be in the conversation, which given the historical track record of this wine, is no small compliment."
- Item #: i_323220Bottle Size: 750mlDavid Duband comes from a vigneron family long based in Chevannes, in the Hautes Cotes de Nuits. He took over the family domaine in 1995 when his father retired and he has also expanded the domaine, which now includes Grand Cru parcels in Echezeaux, Charmes-Chambertin and Clos Vougeot. Altogether Duband owns or leases on long term 25 acres. Duband also farms and makes wine for Francois Feuillet who owns 25 acres nearby, part of it leased by Duband. Wines with Feuillet labels are therefore also made by Duband. Clive Coates compliments Duband for his "up-to-date, classic, modern winemaking..." and notes that there is "high quality" at the estate. Duband also makes Premier Crus inn Chambolle-Musigny, Gevrey-Chambertin and Morey St. Denis, along with village wines.
- Item #: i_351041Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 98WINE SPECTATOR 98 POINTS: "Complex aromas and flavors of red berry, sandalwood, vanilla, floral and mineral are alluring, made all the more appealing by the elegant frame and vivid structure. Silky and harmonious enough to drink now, but this should really sing in five to seven years. Offers a fine, smoky finish. Best from 2023 through 2040. 390 cases made.
- Item #: i_350656Bottle Size: 750mlPRACTICING ORGANIC
By ageing with just 20% in new barrels, and the rest in barrels that have held one, two or three wines, we preserve the unique character of the terroir. This is a Premier Cru with a nose of mimosa honey, Turkish Delight, followed by flowers, carnation-lilac-violet, bergamot-nutmeg spice… a mouthfeel of poached white fruits, grilled hazelnuts, white chocolate, sappy, sensual, an intense finish, long in the mouth.
- Item #: i_350655Bottle Size: 750mlROBERTPARKER.COM 88-90 POINTS: "The 2015 Meursault 1er Cru Les Poruzots offers traces of yellow flowers on the nose that marry nicely with the citrus fruit, smoked walnut emerging after time in the glass. The palate is well balanced with a lightly honeyed entry, commendable weight in the mouth, if not quite the zesty charm of the Limonsins on the finish."
- Item #: i_334227Bottle Size: 750MLBURGHOUND 91 - 94 POINTS - "This too flirts with brett though in this case it is so subtle that I almost hesitate to mention it as it's very much a background element on the otherwise pungently earthy purple fruit and floral scents. The fresh, energetic and highly detailed middle weight plus flavors possess excellent concentration and minerality before concluding in a linear, intense and youthfully austere finish. Given that this is not in bottle it's hard to know what may be done and thus my range offers the benefit of the doubt."
VINOUS 91 - 93 POINTS - "(from old vines on white, rocky soil above Les Rugiens; vinified with 15% whole clusters): Bright medium red. Red berries and smoky minerality on the nose. Suave, seamless and intense, conveying a touch of medicinal austerity that brings freshness for the year. Finishes with firm, rising tannins and excellent lingering flavor intensity. Rossignol believes the wine's slightly roasted quality is a function of its minerality rather than from oak. And he noted that even if the pH here went as high as 3.8, he would not adjust the wine's acidity due to its chalky, saline character and inherent energy."
- Item #: i_350476Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 91-93WINE ADVOCATE 91 - 93 - "The 2015 Volnay 1er Cru les Santenots comes from 2.1 hectares of vine that Nicolas treats as three different cuvées before blending them together. This is completely de-stemmed as usual. It has an attractive bouquet that shows more class than the other premier crus, with scents of crushed violets, black cherries, blackcurrant and iodine. The palate is medium-bodied with a succulent entry, vibrant and lively with crisp acidity and chalky tannin that leads towards a sensual and opulent finish that is beautifully controlled. This is the best Volnay that Nicolas has produced in 2015."
VINOUS 91 - 93 VINOUS - "(13% natural alcohol; already racked into cuve): Very dark red with ruby tones. Liqueur-like black fruits on the nose, which shows a faintly tired quality. Then much fresher in the mouth but in a closed stage, conveying considerable power to the flavors of kirsch, blackberry and licorice. This rather massive Volnay, from deep, iron-rich soil, finishes with strong tannins and a faint animal quality. Rossignol works with two hectares, vinifying three different parcels and then assembling the wine. This wine is in an awkward phase now but I will give it the benefit of the doubt as it has not yet been sulfured."
- Item #: i_333343Bottle Size: 750MLBURGHOUND 95-97 POINTS "DON'T MISS": " A discreet application of wood does not reduce the considerable appeal of the ripe, pure and airy nose with its broad mélange of wild red berry fruit liqueur, earth, spice, violets and a hint of animale. The broad-shouldered flavors possess superb mid-palate concentration that enrobes the buried but still quite firm tannins while culminating in a beautifully balanced, muscular and explosively long finish. This is also very clearly built to age yet like the Clos St. Denis, there is so much sap that this could be drunk now with pleasure. A 'wow' wine."
- Item #: i_350707Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 90 POINTS - "This possesses an original nose that displays notes of melon and spiced herbal and apple tea. The very round, supple and distinctly forward flavors are almost soft and while there is good persistence, there isn't much nuance. The underlying material is solid so more depth may well develop; that said, this will clearly be an early drinker."
- Item #: i_322041Bottle Size: 750mlJOHN GILMAN 91 POINTS - "The 2015 Trés Girard (which is also made from purchased grapes) is excellent this year, with a very perfumed and elegant profile on both the nose and palate. The bouquet wafts from the glass in a blend of plums, cherries, cocoa, dark soil tones, violets and gamebird. On the palate the wine is deep, full-bodied, pure and utterly refined, with a sappy core, ripe, seamless tannins and excellent length and grip on the seductive finish. This is a bit more forward than the Chambolle “la Bussière” and every bit as fine. 2021-2060."
- Item #: i_350869Bottle Size: 750mlDomaine Jean Chartron has a strong historical background being established in 1859, and with a quite unique portfolio of vineyards, that include three famous clos … that sort of outlines the vineyard collection – Puligny-Montrachet Clos de la Pucelle, Puligny-Montrachet Clos du Caillerets and Chevalier-Montrachet Clos des Chevaliers.
The only red 1er cru in Puligny-Montrachet these days. Caillerets actually used to be planted with mainly pinot noir, but today only Chartron have maintained this fine tradition. This is a special wine – with a classic “white” Puligny minerality – citrus and mineral driven – creating a lightfooted and vivid red Puligny. A rare treat .. lovely to taste a red 1er cru from this appellation.
- Item #: i_350855Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 95WINE SPECTATOR 95 POINTS: "Silky and expressive, this red delivers cherry, currant, licorice, mineral and spice flavors, matched to a firm, well-balanced structure. The lasting impression is of sweet fruit and spice. Offers an invigorating finish."
- Item #: i_351009Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 93 POINTS - "Here too there is enough toast and reduction present to warrant a thorough aeration if you're tempted to try a bottle young. There is excellent mid-palate density to the tautly muscular, firm and serious big-bodied flavors that deliver impressive persistence on the balanced and robust finale. This is not an Ech of refinement but it certainly is powerful, bold and built-to-age and I really like the significant upside development potential."DRINK 27+
- Item #: i_350387Bottle Size: 750mlThe 2015 Chambolle-Musigny has an attractive bouquet with black plum, undergrowth and wilted violet scents. The palate is medium-bodied with supple tannin, smooth and harmonious, not enormous weight but nicely controlled and sensual on the finish. It gives you just about all you seek in a village cru level Chambolle.
- Item #: i_350638Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 91-93BURGHOUND 91-93 POINTS "OUTSTANDING": "A markedly floral nose offers up notes of herbal tea, earth, spice and both red and dark cherry nuances. There is both excellent volume and mid-palate concentration to the refined and lightly mineral-inflected flavors that possess focused power on the elegant and lingering finale. This is picture perfect Chaignots that should be approachable after only a few years of cellaring if that's your preference."
- Item #: i_350592Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94-96Burghound: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 - 96 POINTS - "The 2015 La Grande Rue Grand Cru, from the 1.65-hectare monopole, has a very fine bouquet, quite open and expressive with red cherry, bergamot, early grey and light earthy scents that unfold in the glass. The palate is medium-bodied with fine definition. There is superb tension on the entry and conspicuous salinity here. It is not a powerful La Grande Rue but in keeping with Nicole Lamarche's vision, pursues elegance and style. Yet the persistence is very long, so much so that I have written this entire tasting note and I can still feel my mouth tingling! This is superb."
BURGHOUND 94 POINTS - "This perfumed beauty displays fireworks in a glass with its kaleidoscopic nose of super spicy, floral and cool red and dark berry nose. The middle weight flavors are less concentrated and powerful than those of the Grands Ech but markedly finer with a caressing and sophisticated mouthfeel that carries over to the rich finish that once again tightens up noticeably on the impeccably well-balanced and strikingly persistent finish. While at least some patience will also be required this classy effort should be approachable sooner than the Grands Ech. 2030+"
- Item #: i_351669Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 92 - 94 POINTS - "Attractively layered aromas of plum, black cherry, cassis and anise are trimmed in just enough wood to notice. The rich and relatively full-bodied flavors are at once powerful and tautly muscular yet refined while delivering outstanding depth and length on the mineral-driven finish. Good stuff and built-to-age." DRINK 27+
- Item #: i_351045Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 96WINE SPECTATOR 96 POINTS - "A big, rich red, this evokes bilberry, black cherry, spice and mineral aromas and flavors. A touch exotic, with a good dose of new oak that will need to be resolved. Starts out silky, until the solid structure takes over. Terrific length. Best from 2024 through 2047."
BURGHOUND 91 - 94 POINTS - "Reduction. The medium-bodied flavors possess good volume and punch along with a lovely bead of minerality while concluding in a textured, mouth coating and relatively powerful finish. This is perhaps not quite as refined as it usually is but that is a very minor nit in what is otherwise a fine Ech."