- Item #: i_352346Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 93WINE SPECTATOR 93 POINTS - "Black currant and violet are the hallmarks of this tightly wound red. Vanilla and sandalwood accents enter the fray as this builds to a long, energetic finish. Best from 2020 through 2033."
- Item #: i_351526Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 95-97Vinous Media: 96 PointsDecanter: 96 PointsWINE ADVOCATE 95-97 POINTS - "The 2014 Clos de Tart Grand Cru will contain 40% whole bunch fruit in the final. It was picked from September 17 until September 22. This blend that I tasted included the young vines at the bottom of the vineyard that may or may not be deselected to make a Forge de Tart (the decision will be made next year). It is also the first vintage that does not include old vines at the northwest corner that were pulled up in spring 2014, due to be replanted in four years' time. It has a very well defined bouquet with cranberry and wild strawberry fruit, fine mineral tones and is quite harmonious with hints of wet limestone. The palate is medium-bodied and I feel this has tightened up since I tasted it in September 2015. The fruit also seems a little darker. Blackberry and wild cherry, with a hint of cola and certainly more tangible mineralité on the finish, as you can feel the mouth tingling long after it has bid adieu. Readers will be aware that I tasted the 2014 back in September at retiring winemaker Sylvain Pitiot's retirement do. Nevertheless I thought it would be appropriate to return a couple of months later to taste with new winemaker, Jacques Devauges. It also gave me a chance to walk down through the vineyard from Laurent Ponsot's winery and get a feel for the terroir - bracing it was too as I tramped through the vines to quizzical stares of those doing the first pruning of the vines."
DRECANTER 96 POINTS - "Vibrant, ripe blackberry plus delicate notes of rose, a gorgeously silky texture and sweet-spice finish. I tasted the seven parcels that make up this final wine and it is clear that there's a sensational synergy in the blending."
BURGHOUND 93 POINTS - OUTSTANDING! - "There is whiff of new wood framing the intensely floral-suffused nose and in particular rose petal and lavender that add elegance to the fresh mix of mostly red and dark currant scents that are trimmed in discreet earth hints. There is a lovely sense of energy to the moderately dense middle weight plus flavors that culminate in a dusty, palate coating and beautifully long finish. This is already completely harmonious and should make for terrific drinking for years to come."
- Item #: i_350919Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 95 POINTS - "Somewhat surprisingly this is even more floral with its cool and ultra-fresh nose of various dark berries, sandalwood and a lovely array of spices. I very much like the seductive texture of the big-bodied flavors that aren't quite as dense or structured as those of the Suchots but they're notably finer, all wrapped in a dusty, palate coating and gorgeously long finish. Excellent."
- Item #: i_351628Bottle Size: 750mlFrom 88 year-old vines, the oldest parcel of the domaine. A cushioned, deep, textured almost dark-fruity-chocolate nose. Mouth-filling, a little tannin plenty of supple structure, with a slightly more mineral and saline mid-palate and finish. Good flavour here. Very likeable wine…
- Item #: i_345431Bottle Size: 750MLROBERTPARKER.COM 93 POINTS: "Tasted blind at the Burgfest 2014 tasting, the 2014 Volnay 1er Cru Les Santenots-du-Milieu from Comtes Lafon is blessed with a sensual bouquet with plenty of dark cherry and blueberry fruit, maybe a slight malic scent just underneath. The palate is medium-bodied with sappy red berry fruit, a fine line of acidity, fresh and tensile with impressive mineralité coming through toward the finish. This is a stylish, well-crafted Santenots that should age well in bottle and may eventually merit a higher score. Tasted September 2017."
- Item #: i_350731Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 93 - 95 POINTS - "This is markedly more restrained with its reluctant aromas of brooding dark berry fruit, earth, sauvage and hints of dried flowers. There is excellent volume, concentration and imposing power to the big-bodied flavors that deliver plenty of minerality and outstanding persistence on the robust but balanced finish. This classically proportioned Clos de la Roche is indisputably going to require extended keeping."
- Item #: i_322316Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 90BURGHOUND 90 POINTS- OUTSTANDING! - "A well-layered and appealingly fresh combination features various red berries, floral, earth, herbal tea and sauvage hints. There is fine richness to the lively, intense and mineral-driven medium weight flavors that exhibit a distinct salinity on the beautifully complex, well-balanced and firm finale. Good stuff."
- Item #: i_333897Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90Burghound: 90BURGHOUND 90 POINTS- OUTSTANDING!: "Here the expressive and overtly spicy nose is fresh and lovely with its floral, herbal tea, plum and cassis-suffused aromas. There is fine richness to the succulent and fleshy medium weight flavors that possess a relatively refined mouth feel thanks to the fine grain of the supporting tannins on the sappy and well-balanced finale. This is a terrific Vosne villages and highly recommended."
WINE ADVOCATE 90 POINTS: "Bottled last February, the 2014 Vosne Romanee has a fragrant red cherry and cranberry-scented bouquet that is conservative but well defined. There is plenty of freshness here. The palate is medium-bodied with crisp tannin, vibrant dark berry fruit, a touch of cola and fine mineralité on the finish. Excellent."
- Item #: i_350079Bottle Size: 750mlBURGHOUND 91-94 POINTS- OUTSTANDING! - "The perfumed, cool and airy nose is attractively elegant with its mix of red and dark currant, sandalwood, violet and lilac scents. The polished and equally cool middle weight flavors possess a wonderfully refined mouth feel thanks to the fine grain of the tannins along with ample minerality on the mildly austere, balanced and strikingly persistent finale. This is a classic Beaux Monts with an ultra-sophisticated mouth feel though note that this will need a few years of cellar time to fully harmonize."
- Item #: i_345629Bottle Size: 750MLBurghound: 92 - 95BURGHOUND 92 - 95 POINTS -"Don't Miss - Outstanding! This is also gorgeously spicy with ripe and very fresh black cherry, red currant and sandalwood aromas. There is superb intensity to the overtly mineral-driven and beautifully delineated middle weight flavors that are shaped by a very firm but not hard tannic spine as there is good phenolic maturity here. I very much like the balance of the long and quite serious finale that is an exercise in harmony, indeed this could aptly be described as quite Zen-like. In a word, brilliant."
- Item #: i_345593Bottle Size: 750MLIn 228 liter oak casks for 10 months (30% in new oak) then 5 months ageing in stainless steel vats.
Wines so powerful and full demand to be matched with dishes of the same caliber. Virile, four-sided tannins cry out for roast lamb, rib steak, or joints of game. Autumn and winter dishes in the right setting match the profound and meaty personality of these great wines : braised beef or pork, for example, or any other good red meat. Fine, whole-milk, soft-centered cheeses will also do them proud.
- Item #: i_345631Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92-94Burghound: 94Vinous Media: 91-92BURGHOUND 94 POINTS: "A discreet application of wood is present on the exceptionally spicy nose of equally pure, cool and airy extract of red and dark berry fruit, violet and Asian-style tea aromas. There is good size and weight to the tautly muscled but suave, intense and detailed medium weight plus flavors that are underpinned by firm tannins and evident minerality on the succulent and mouth coating finish. This is perhaps a bit richer than it normally is at this early stage and should be approachable a bit earlier than usual but overall 2014 is a fantastic vintage for the Drouhin PM. Highly recommended."
eROBERTPARKER 92-94 POINTS: "The 2014 Vosne Romanée 1er Cru les Petits Monts was picked on September 16 and contains 20% whole cluster fruit. Due to be bottled next spring, it has a very fragrant, quite floral bouquet with black cherries, blueberry, minerals and rose petals -- very seductive and detailed. The palate is medium-bodied with svelte, quite lush black fruit, saline in the mouth with very fine tannins interlacing the finish. This is beautiful Petits Monts from Drouhin."
VINOUSMEDIA 91-92 POINTS: "(from a crop level of 28 hectoliters per hectare): Healthy red-ruby. Deeply pitched aromas of dark fruits, licorice and menthol reminded me a bit of Richebourg. Bone-dry and uncompromising in the mouth, with concentrated, well-delineated mineral and floral flavors dominating in the early going. Finishes with serious but fine-grained tannins and lovely floral persistence. Serious, firm and built to age." -- Stephen Tanzer
- Item #: i_345706Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92-94Burghound: 90-93BURGHOUND 90-93 POINTS: " Here too there is enough wood to notice though not overshadow the otherwise fresh, cool and restrained nose of red and dark currant, earth, sauvage and discreet floral hints. There is excellent intensity to the well-delineated big-bodied flavors that possess impressive power and punch on the long and moderately austere finish. This excellent effort is a textbook Vaucrains that is absolutely going to require extended cellaring."
eROBERT PARKER 92-94 POINTS: "The 2014 Nuits Saint Georges 1er Cru les Vaucrains has a stylish bouquet with ebulliant red cherry, strawberry and cold stone scents that are beautifully defined. The palate is ripe and sensual on the entry with a keen line of acidity. The tannin here really express the propitious nature of les Vaucrains, imparting impressive detail and precision on the long, sustained finish. Superb!"
VINOUSMEDIA 90-93 POINTS: "Healthy dark red. Reticent but ripe aromas of dark berries, licorice and bitter chocolate. Bigger and sweeter than the Boudots, showing lovely vinosity and saline energy. This is strong, dark and dense in 2014, with the cru's sometimes rustic tannins rounded by the character of the year. Very long on the aftertaste." -- Stephen Tanzer
- Item #: i_350027Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 92-95BURGHOUND 92 - 95 POINTS - "Reduction completely obscures the other aromas. As is usually the case the big-bodied flavors possess more size, weight and power and I particularly like the intensity flashed by the austere and backward yet remarkably deep and long finish. This is an imposing yet well-balanced effort that should age effortlessly for years to come."
- Item #: i_350556Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 93-95WINE ADVOCATE 93 - 95 POINTS - "The 2014 Echézeaux Grand Cru comes from the usual two parcels in the vineyard that are harvested on the same day as usual and co-fermented. The 80% new oak is beautifully integrated with ebullient red cherry, raspberry and vanilla scents -- a bewitching bouquet. The palate is medium-bodied with fine tannin, the fruit effortlessly soaking up the new oak, leaving you with an intense, mineral-rich finish with a saline tang on the aftertaste. A divine Echézeaux."
- Item #: i_345846Bottle Size: 750MLBURGHOUND 92-95 POINTS "SWEET SPOT, OUTSTANDING": "A discreet application of wood easily allows the ultra-pure and fresh aromas of essence of red currant, spice and soft earth aromas to have center stage. The detailed and almost painfully intense middle weight plus flavors display more evident minerality with the same excellent focused power of the best of these wines, all wrapped in a balanced, serious and equally built-to-age finale. Unlike the Les Cailles that could be approached young, I would suggest that you not buy this absent the express intent to cellar it for at least a decade."
- Item #: i_350328Bottle Size: 750mlWine Spectator: 97WINE SPECTATOR 97 POINTS: "This is broad and meaty, with underlying animal and woodsy elements playing off the core flavors of cherry, currant and mineral. Firm and lively, with a solid grip on the lingering aftertaste, this is fluid and vibrant overall.'