- Item #: i_321281Bottle Size: 750MLBurghound: 94Vinous Media: 92-94Decanter: 97 PointsBURGHOUND 96 POINTS: "(from a 1.60 ha parcel on the Morey side where the soil is more white than red). A discreet application of wood easily allows the liqueur-like dark currant aromas that are liberally cut with earth and spice nuances to be appreciated. Otherwise there is superb richness to the full-bodied, powerful and concentrated broad-shouldered flavors that possess a velvety and mouth coating palate feel, all wrapped in a gorgeously complex and persistent finish. This isn’t quite as classy as the Bèze but it brings a number of other attributes to the table. Note well though that this isn’t even remotely going to be an early drinker so plenty of patience will be necessary, indeed I would go so far as to say that it would be pointless to even think about opening a bottle before its 15th birthday."
- Item #: i_350155Bottle Size: 750MLBurghound: 94BURGHOUND 94 POINTS - "The wood treatment has been almost completely integrated and allows the similar but more reserved, riper and more densely fruited and floral-suffused nose to display its charms while leading to elegant, pure and every bit as serious formidably-scaled flavors brimming with dry extract on the textured, concentrated and palate staining finish that seems to go on and on. Like the regular cuvée, there is less youthful austerity here than I'm used to seeing with more overall depth of material. A terrific '07 but note that ample patience will be required."
- Item #: i_312452Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 92-94Vinous Media: 92-94Decanter: 95 PointsDECANTER 95 POINTS - "Cyprien Arlaud's 1ha block of Charmes is in the upper part of Mazoyères, close to Latricières-Chambertin. Showing aromas of liquorice, clove and sweet spices, this is chalky and stylish, with deftly applied 20% new oak adding some structure on the finish."
- Item #: i_334309Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 90+Burghound: 91WINE ADVOCATE 90+ POINTS - "Aromas of cassis, rich loamy soil, espresso roast and incense introduce the 2016 Gevrey-Chambertin Champs-Chenys Vieilles Vignes, a medium to full-bodied wine that's quite firm and tangy this year, displaying impressive depth of fruit but also structuring acids and tannins that will require some bottle age."
- Item #: i_350375Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 94BURGHOUND 92 - 95 POINTS - "A discreet, even shy nose offers up attractively fresh and ultra-pure notes of citrus, honeysuckle, white peach and a hint of acacia blossom. There is excellent delineation to the intense, equally pure and seductive middle weight flavors that possess good verve and plenty of minerality on the solidly persistent finish that delivers outstanding depth. This elegant beauty is a refined mix of punch and finesse."
WINE ADVOCATE 92 - 94 POINTS - "The 2017 Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Pucelles wafts from the glass with aromas of spring flowers, white peach, lemon, pastry cream and blanched almonds. On the palate, it's medium to full-bodied, elegantly textural but tangy, with a pure, fine-boned profile. It was quite reserved when I tasted it, so I suspect it only needs time to take on the breadth and dimension that characterize a great Pucelles, but for now, the wine is quite tensile and linear."
- Item #: i_345629Bottle Size: 750MLBurghound: 92 - 95BURGHOUND 92 - 95 POINTS -"Don't Miss - Outstanding! This is also gorgeously spicy with ripe and very fresh black cherry, red currant and sandalwood aromas. There is superb intensity to the overtly mineral-driven and beautifully delineated middle weight flavors that are shaped by a very firm but not hard tannic spine as there is good phenolic maturity here. I very much like the balance of the long and quite serious finale that is an exercise in harmony, indeed this could aptly be described as quite Zen-like. In a word, brilliant."
- Item #: i_350638Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 91-93BURGHOUND 91-93 POINTS "OUTSTANDING": "A markedly floral nose offers up notes of herbal tea, earth, spice and both red and dark cherry nuances. There is both excellent volume and mid-palate concentration to the refined and lightly mineral-inflected flavors that possess focused power on the elegant and lingering finale. This is picture perfect Chaignots that should be approachable after only a few years of cellaring if that's your preference."
- Item #: i_350592Bottle Size: 750mlWine Advocate: 94-96Burghound: 94WINE ADVOCATE 94 - 96 POINTS - "The 2015 La Grande Rue Grand Cru, from the 1.65-hectare monopole, has a very fine bouquet, quite open and expressive with red cherry, bergamot, early grey and light earthy scents that unfold in the glass. The palate is medium-bodied with fine definition. There is superb tension on the entry and conspicuous salinity here. It is not a powerful La Grande Rue but in keeping with Nicole Lamarche's vision, pursues elegance and style. Yet the persistence is very long, so much so that I have written this entire tasting note and I can still feel my mouth tingling! This is superb."
BURGHOUND 94 POINTS - "This perfumed beauty displays fireworks in a glass with its kaleidoscopic nose of super spicy, floral and cool red and dark berry nose. The middle weight flavors are less concentrated and powerful than those of the Grands Ech but markedly finer with a caressing and sophisticated mouthfeel that carries over to the rich finish that once again tightens up noticeably on the impeccably well-balanced and strikingly persistent finish. While at least some patience will also be required this classy effort should be approachable sooner than the Grands Ech. 2030+"
- Item #: i_345289Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 88-90Burghound: 89-92BURGHOUND 89-92 POINTS: "Plentiful wood and menthol scents serves as a less than subtle backdrop for the ripe and very fresh red and dark currant, sauvage and strong earth aromas. There is excellent richness to the full-bodied and overtly muscular flavors that possess fine power on the firm and palate coating finish. The somewhat rustic tannins are buffered by the abundant dry extract and the overall impression of this bold effort is one of a classic, indeed even old school, Vaucrains."
- Item #: i_345706Bottle Size: 750MLWine Advocate: 92-94Burghound: 90-93Vinous Media: 90-93BURGHOUND 90-93 POINTS: " Here too there is enough wood to notice though not overshadow the otherwise fresh, cool and restrained nose of red and dark currant, earth, sauvage and discreet floral hints. There is excellent intensity to the well-delineated big-bodied flavors that possess impressive power and punch on the long and moderately austere finish. This excellent effort is a textbook Vaucrains that is absolutely going to require extended cellaring."
eROBERT PARKER 92-94 POINTS: "The 2014 Nuits Saint Georges 1er Cru les Vaucrains has a stylish bouquet with ebulliant red cherry, strawberry and cold stone scents that are beautifully defined. The palate is ripe and sensual on the entry with a keen line of acidity. The tannin here really express the propitious nature of les Vaucrains, imparting impressive detail and precision on the long, sustained finish. Superb!"
VINOUSMEDIA 90-93 POINTS: "Healthy dark red. Reticent but ripe aromas of dark berries, licorice and bitter chocolate. Bigger and sweeter than the Boudots, showing lovely vinosity and saline energy. This is strong, dark and dense in 2014, with the cru's sometimes rustic tannins rounded by the character of the year. Very long on the aftertaste." -- Stephen Tanzer
- Item #: i_350027Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 92-95BURGHOUND 92 - 95 POINTS - "Reduction completely obscures the other aromas. As is usually the case the big-bodied flavors possess more size, weight and power and I particularly like the intensity flashed by the austere and backward yet remarkably deep and long finish. This is an imposing yet well-balanced effort that should age effortlessly for years to come."
- Item #: i_321337Bottle Size: 750MLBurghound: 91-93It was in 1830 that the GROS family set up in Vosne-Romanée. Today, Michel GROS, sixth generation of this dynasty of winemakers, continues and develops the work undertaken by his ancestors, as do his sister (Domaine AF Gros), his brother (Domaine Gros Frère et Soeur) and his cousin (Domaine Anne Gros). Passionate but also very rigorous, Michel GROS brings constant care to the development of his wines, by mastering all the stages of production, from vine through to bottling. Modest and unassuming, he expresses himself through his wines: generous, fine, elegant, of reliable and even quality. Michel GROS and all his team invite you to discover this universe of hard work and exigency, but also of sharing and passion.
- Item #: i_350024Bottle Size: 750mlBurghound: 89-92No fining, no filtration
All the vinification and ageing operations are carried out with reference to the lunar calendar
The En Rue de Vergy features ripe red currant fruit. The wine is medium-weight and shows more structure than the Champs Perdrix. 60% whole clusters here.